Reason why we should stop mixing tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: yevvie.2590

yevvie.2590

When you mix tiers in WvW matchups, not caring about server population etc, you get stuff like this. Spawn camping at its best. Bag farming. And completely unmannered people, BMing like they want.

This is just silly, guys. You force skilled roamers and small groups to deal with 4x as much uplvls and bad players. We can’t win if we don’t have numbers.

Welp, I don’t think you’ll change a thing, but go ahead EBay, be proud of yourselves. You’re just awesome at WvW and PvP and really really really really good opponent. We all love you, unconditionally. And your bots and your golems. Ofc.

[Mind that last screenshot is taken X hours later, and same stuff happening.]

Attachments:

Community Master of [Restricted Area Gaming].

in WvW

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

Spawn camping at its best? Then they must cover the two other exits as well, that is spawn camping at his best.

This is at most teasing at spawn imo.

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

in WvW

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

Spawn camping at its best? Then they must cover the two other exits as well, that is spawn camping at his best.

Stop trying to justify bm

You also completely ignore the fact that if you go out the other exit to do anything, they’ll just follow you. We’re not morons, we tried.

in WvW

Trick.9370

Stop trying to justify bm

You also completely ignore the fact that if you go out the other exit to do anything, they’ll just follow you. We’re not morons, we tried.

Oh, then I’m very very sorry. Never had this problem myself and I’ve seen some spawn camping at his best.

Xcefior – dd ele

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

That’s just a group of pugs, mostly not even from WvW guilds, standing at the main spawn. The path isn’t littered with siege, and it’s not a deathtrap to go outside.

You haven’t been spawn camped if you think this is bad.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

you cant go by server population when trying to matchup servers in wvw, that only works if everyone actually does wvw on the server then those numbers are actually valid.
But thats never the case, one server can have tons and tons of players on it, every NA server is classified as having a Very High population, but thats hardly the case in wvw when you look at each one.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I find it more annoying that some people actually stay at spawn and entertain spawn campers.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Trick.9370

I find it more annoying that some people actually stay at spawn and entertain spawn campers.

Exactly.

But I’ve read they have problems leaving the spawn so I think they have no option

Xcefior – dd ele

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

Exactly.

But I’ve read they have problems leaving the spawn so I think they have no option

It seems like there are three borderland maps, each also with multiple exit points, that they could go and do things on. If the camping population stays at the EBG main spawn point for them, then those are people that aren’t contesting their escapades in the BLs.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Actually being spawn camped can be fun. In fact I’ve had some great times being spawn camped.

I mean if the match is that lopsided that they can spawn camp you there’s no point in trying to take stuff. Just go out and fight them. Duck back and forth into invulnerable.

One of the best things to do is get on your thief and stealth out. Backstab another thief and down them but don’t stomp; then stealth again and watch the fun.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Should change maps in this case to a borderland and grab everyone you have, draining all possible supply at the nearest possible camp. Start up siegerazer as a distraction but don’t bother if they actually do come to defend. (Also, don’t forget EOTM suppply in your citadel if it exists). In general, going for your own N camp and NW tower is safest simply because you can see them coming and not engage. Your goal would be to siege up that tower at the very least because if you control that, any amount of randoms can go capture more camps.

This gives you a chance to pick an extrance of your choice to build your own siege, but (don’t stay too attached) and hopefully kite people into the legendary defenders.

Also, many pugs are stupid and will attack anything headed towards their way, so you can throw siege build sites to distract them. Yea, I’m not kidding.

Not always guaranteed to work but it is better than trying to break out through main spawn entrance.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Try having 2 queued enemy servers standing outside your spawn waiting for you to come out. On all 4 maps. What you’re facing is nothing

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Toast.6459

Try having 2 queued enemy servers standing outside your spawn waiting for you to come out. On all 4 maps. What you’re facing is nothing

When you can fill all four maps then sure, when you can barley muster 20 people on a good day, its far from nothing. We don’t all play on servers with hundreds of people that do wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: yevvie.2590

yevvie.2590

Y’all miss very important point here – our server is extremely small in WvW comparing to EBay. Their ‘small’ spawn camping (and yes, they did put siege but we achieved destroying it, thankfully) is annoying as hell, since a) screenshots are after killing some of them; b) even going other way we were gettin wiped by few times more people; c) they’re just bunch of pugs that solo mean nothing but in zerg they still kill our skilled players and experienced commanders. That’s definitely not fair.

And, yeah, there was also some random uplvls that were getting farmed over and over because they didn’t get the stuation (wvw newbies?). We tried countersiege, we tried flanking, we did shout out to all other maps and guilds, we still couldn’t do a thing. We were just heavily outnumbered.

But hey, higher tiers of course have worse. Like always. Actually, we were on higher tier from our beginning with GW2, but transferred down to avoid BMing and mindless zergs following some childish commander that loves to troll. Sadly, EBay still is like this. And still gets matches with our small team.

Community Master of [Restricted Area Gaming].

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

Y’all miss very important point here – our server is extremely small in WvW comparing to EBay. Their ‘small’ spawn camping (and yes, they did put siege but we achieved destroying it, thankfully) is annoying as hell, since a) screenshots are after killing some of them; b) even going other way we were gettin wiped by few times more people; c) they’re just bunch of pugs that solo mean nothing but in zerg they still kill our skilled players and experienced commanders. That’s definitely not fair.

And, yeah, there was also some random uplvls that were getting farmed over and over because they didn’t get the stuation (wvw newbies?). We tried countersiege, we tried flanking, we did shout out to all other maps and guilds, we still couldn’t do a thing. We were just heavily outnumbered.

But hey, higher tiers of course have worse. Like always. Actually, we were on higher tier from our beginning with GW2, but transferred down to avoid BMing and mindless zergs following some childish commander that loves to troll. Sadly, EBay still is like this. And still gets matches with our small team.

Again, it was a small group of randoms. Your minimap shows that you have roughly equal numbers, and so if you couldn’t manage a push and didn’t feel like building an omega or two to scatter them, you could have gone out either of the other two exits or, better still, split in two and gone out both.

As pugs, assuming they even noticed, they’d have gone one way or the other. Then your main spawn is clear and everybody is free. Simple.

And your population isn’t really smaller than Ehmry – we’ve watched you blob all week (and brag about it), and you have way more daytime coverage than we do. What you do, that has turned out to be fatal, is all apparently go to bed early every night (like, halfway through prime time) so all of your stuff is rapidly papered as a result.

Again, count your green dots and look at the people blockading you in the screenshot. You’re roughly equal, and they’re far from home. It’s barely a spawn camp.

in WvW

Toast.6459

Again, it was a small group of randoms. Your minimap shows that you have roughly equal numbers, and so if you couldn’t manage a push and didn’t feel like building an omega or two to scatter them, you could have gone out either of the other two exits or, better still, split in two and gone out both.

As pugs, assuming they even noticed, they’d have gone one way or the other. Then your main spawn is clear and everybody is free. Simple.

And your population isn’t really smaller than Ehmry – we’ve watched you blob all week (and brag about it), and you have way more daytime coverage than we do. What you do, that has turned out to be fatal, is all apparently go to bed early every night (like, halfway through prime time) so all of your stuff is rapidly papered as a result.

Again, count your green dots and look at the people blockading you in the screenshot. You’re roughly equal, and they’re far from home. It’s barely a spawn camp.

Trying to save face for your server, thats all I see. Have fun with it though, its quite amusing.

in WvW

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Its only spawn camping in EB, since the exits are so close together and its even worst if they have a waypoint in your keep. In the BL’s its a little harder.

This sucks, I know, I’m in T3.

But matchups are determined by how well servers preformed the week before. So if you’re not moving tiers, it just means your still scoring higher than the servers below you to drop down or for them to come up.

You can’t really do matchups by server population because of the inconsistency of PvE to WvW players.

What Anet can do is lower the player cap on specific matchups, but then you wouldn’t hear the end of it from a much larger population of players.

I find that its easier to abandon WvW on matchups like these and go play EotM for a week or two.

in WvW

Toast.6459

Its only spawn camping in EB, since the exits are so close together and its even worst if they have a waypoint in your keep. In the BL’s its a little harder.

But matchups are determined by how well servers preformed the week before. So if you’re not moving tiers, it just means your still scoring higher than the servers below you to drop down or for them to come up.

You can’t really do matchups by server population because of the inconsistency of PvE to WvW players.

What Anet can do is lower the player cap on specific matchups, but then you wouldn’t hear the end of it from a much larger population of players.

I find that its easier to abandon WvW on matchups like these and go play EotM for a week or two.

We we’re 3rd last week, so I dunno about doing well. Sure we’re beating mag this week, but I’m not sure thats much of an achievement.

in WvW

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

We we’re 3rd last week, so I dunno about doing well. Sure we’re beating mag this week, but I’m not sure thats much of an achievement.

If you look at the spread, and if it stays the same, you’ll probably be in the same tier, but EB will move up and Mag will move down. So next week you’ll be up against ET(from above) and AR (from below). Don’t know how that match-up will compare to this week, but its a hell of a lot better than T3, for sure.

in WvW

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

skilled roamers

So going 2v1 and backing away from someone who doesn’t die in five seconds is skilled play, but being chased by walking lootbags is a problem?

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

Trying to save face for your server, thats all I see. Have fun with it though, its quite amusing.

I’m really not – I’m on record in multiple threads as being against spawn camping, and I didn’t hear anybody talking about this one on my server, but looking at the screenshots it was pretty weak and it was a small group of pugs, many not from WvW guilds, and they weren’t each on siege. Your own numbers were comparable, so meh. Take it as you like, but this was nothing. Until you’ve been camped with a full set of siege (including rippling trebs) you don’t know how good you’ve got it.

in WvW

Trick.9370

I suddenly remember why we don’t have a WvW matchup subforum anymore.

Xcefior – dd ele

in WvW

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Hope OP realizes that T3 with or without mixed tiers would suffer still. The problem really doesn’t have much to do with matchmaking, as someone pointed out that higher tiers people get their spawn camp on too.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Do we lock in 3 worlds who fight each other forever with no changes? That may work but it would get a bit boring.
DB FA and SoS are in an odd group atm where they drop to T3 but in no way do any of these worlds belong in T3. In a lot of way YB is close to a T1 world but i guess you could say there are 4 T2 worlds and that simply dose not fit. Until one of these 4 worlds “die” and brake up to the other worlds T3 going to get stomped a lot there not much any one can do about it because its up to the population of the T2 worlds atm. All of these T2 woulds have a very loyal pop. and there is a lot of pride on the line.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

All of these T2 woulds have a very loyal pop. and there is a lot of pride on the line.

Best joke I’ve heard in a while now. You do realize the current T2 was made possible by draining guilds left and right from silver league servers. Not to mention a bunch of guilds dropping down from T1 too. You actually expect these guilds to have loyalty? There is a reason for all the drama in T2 right now and that’s because the server that gets stuck in T3 will implode for sure. And no one in silver league will shed a tear for the T2 server that goes through that thanks to how much you have kittened us over.