Recent patch - Nice "balance"

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

After reading the balance patchnotes:

Class A: Gets a needed nerf, PvP only
Class A: Gets a buff to compensate the nerf. NOT PVP ONLY

Class B: Repeat.

Like what the actual hedge? What do you think we do in WvW? (except for german servers)? PvE? No, its mass PvP. Thanks for making it worse every. kitten . time.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

WvW got huge updates buddy!

-Tactivators and supply depots should now be easier to interact with.

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

:/ condi is more over powered and the way to reduce it has bveen reduced XD nerfed our foods and etc. XD!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The ShortBow buff is evil… works with all interrupt trip abilities including Draining. Better have REALLY good condi mitigation because SB thief builds are a steal, Choking Gas, dead sort of affair without them. The reload is every 30s to boot.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

:/ condi is more over powered and the way to reduce it has bveen reduced XD nerfed our foods and etc. XD!

But hey, engi got massive cleanse to counter it, once every 90 seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Don’t worry. In 6 months the beta testing in pvp might be over and we should get the nerf that came along with the buff. Soon™

(edited by Phantom.5389)

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Don’t worry. In 6 months the beta testing in pvp might be over and we should get the nerf that came along with the buff. Soon™

Did we even have that since… ever? Never saw patchnotes like “oh it worked in PvP, so we are glad so say that we implemented this nerf in WvW too!”.

Balance Patchnotes should be “PvP AND WvW only”.

in WvW

Posted by: SCVwar.3784

SCVwar.3784

rofl, so sad but true nonetheless.

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

My God, the game mode has been saved.

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

Yeah, and warri (this poor class made no dmg, kappa) get +7% dmg on axe AGAIN. in the last 30000 patches this class EVER get +10%, or +15% dmg on axe.

but its okay, because they nerfed something…. yeah…. okay… they didnt nerfed the warri itself …. but the nekromancers OP perma stability….

what? necromancers stability wasnt OP?! hmm…. never mind. they nerfed something! thats the important point!

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Yeah it’s rather obscene what Anet are doing. They are continuing to ruin combat in WvW. I just don’t get it.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Remarkable they state it “should”, as if it isn’t a guarantee it’s easier to interact with.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Yeah, and warri (this poor class made no dmg, kappa) get +7% dmg on axe AGAIN. in the last 30000 patches this class EVER get +10%, or +15% dmg on axe.

Need on the warrior subforum, I’m willing to bet that just about every warrior would gladly trade that extra axe damage to undo the nerfs to specific burst and control skills.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Remarkable they state it “should”, as if it isn’t a guarantee it’s easier to interact with.

When I fix something at work I say “will function correctly now”, it’s called mad skillz yo. Separates the men from the boys.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Did we even have that since… ever? Never saw patchnotes like “oh it worked in PvP, so we are glad so say that we implemented this nerf in WvW too!”.

Balance Patchnotes should be “PvP AND WvW only”.

Ahah yea. I was being sarcastic there… It is simply sad that they still think WvW players are ‘’really into PVE’’…

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Class balance is equally terrible in PvP and WvW.
If you assume that because of some of the changes that were made and affect only PvP,that game mode has better class balance than WvW,you are wrong.
Play some PvP and see for your selves.
If anything,imbalances are somewhat covered up in the large battles that take place in WvW,whereas in PvP they are even more apparent.
Class balance has been steadily degrading in all of the player v player modes.
Even Warhammer online had more balanced classes,and that game had a dev team comprised of 3 janitors 2 hamsters and one hamster wheel.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

If they are going to make ele a ammo base class with GoEP and the new arcain power they need to make the charged used up per attk interval (so a Paoe a charged is used per pule) not per person hit. I think that would go a long way to making ele very effective in wvw and open pve not so important in spvp and raids. A kind of you become a conjurer wepon added effect.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

After reading the balance patchnotes:

Class A: Gets a needed nerf, PvP only
Class A: Gets a buff to compensate the nerf. NOT PVP ONLY

Class B: Repeat.

Like what the actual hedge? What do you think we do in WvW? (except for german servers)? PvE? No, its mass PvP. Thanks for making it worse every. kitten . time.

It’s really just horrible what they did. Again. At least if they’re going to ignore us why not do it completely. At least then things don’t get worse by half balancing.

in WvW

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

What do you think we do in WvW? (except for german servers)?

Exploiting the results of ANets ignorance?!

That’s what I see on most international servers.

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

but its okay, because they nerfed something…. yeah…. okay… they didnt nerfed the warri itself …. but the nekromancers OP perma stability….

what? necromancers stability wasnt OP?! hmm…. never mind. they nerfed something! thats the important point!

Actually.. if you want to get technical, necro shroud 3 stabo pulse was nerfed weeks ago… they dropped the pulse and added 2 stacks on entering shroud. This was actually done before the past 2 patches were even in as a stealth nerf, and no one but me seemed to notice it.. and the ONLY reason i noticed i guess is i just started necro about 2 weeks before that and i WvW mostly so i saw the change hit hard when trying to go through the middle of an enemy group on a push.

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

Yeah it’s rather obscene what Anet are doing. They are continuing to ruin combat in WvW. I just don’t get it.

They dont play the game mode.. and the very few that do (maybe 5 total that i have ever seen) dont understand the dynamics of blob v blob and wvw.

If you watch, they balance wvw by what happens in spvp because this is the game mode they are still trying to turn into an esport .

I admit that some changes to wvw were needed.. such as the nerf to ghost thief and they did well with that.. but in turn, they simply made them more single target roamers now with choking gas BUT the fact that it hits more than one target makes them OP as hell as aoe cc on engage.

They lost all the devs for wvw and none of the current ones (or one) plays the game mode so… dont expect much in the way of fixes until they new xpac hits and they at least get some money flowing in. Right now they are scraping in the money from server transfers and just using that for pve story development.. which has really fallen off too.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

They dont play the game mode.. and the very few that do (maybe 5 total that i have ever seen) dont understand the dynamics of blob v blob and wvw.

If you watch, they balance wvw by what happens in spvp because this is the game mode they are still trying to turn into an esport .

I admit that some changes to wvw were needed.. such as the nerf to ghost thief and they did well with that.. but in turn, they simply made them more single target roamers now with choking gas BUT the fact that it hits more than one target makes them OP as hell as aoe cc on engage.

They lost all the devs for wvw and none of the current ones (or one) plays the game mode so… dont expect much in the way of fixes until they new xpac hits and they at least get some money flowing in. Right now they are scraping in the money from server transfers and just using that for pve story development.. which has really fallen off too.

They only nerfed ghost thief because of the one dude soloing the raid boss tbh…..other than that it would still exist in wvw and they still wouldn’t care.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcYRgbLabeU

Kinda with ya too on story, one of the more enjoyable features to gw2 I found really immersive. But even that game mode seems…half done I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

If you assume that because of some of the changes that were made and affect only PvP,that game mode has better class balance than WvW,you are wrong.
If anything,imbalances are somewhat covered up in the large battles that take place in WvW,whereas in PvP they are even more apparent.
Even Warhammer online had more balanced classes,and that game had a dev team comprised of 3 janitors 2 hamsters and one hamster wheel.

Man u just made me sad remembering the good ol days of glory of WAR. so much more fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Man u just made me sad remembering the good ol days of glory of WAR. so much more fun.

Warhammer was great. Especially near the end. What a shame. I saw Fannwong, but where did Gojiberries go?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Warhammer was great. Especially near the end. What a shame. I saw Fannwong, but where did Gojiberries go?

I miss my dps dok choping stunties heads

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Anet just can’t understand or bother to try understand what makes some spec op. They just nerf and boost something and won’t even think how it affect non FotM specs.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Anet just can’t understand or bother to try understand what makes some spec op. They just nerf and boost something and won’t even think how it affect non FotM specs.

specs need to be OP for pve reasons, its a pve game, pvp just happens cause online games without pvp is something that players avoid…

ANet will continue to enforce bad gimmicks and conter thos gimmicks with other gimmicks its a placebo to avoid balance work and pretend everything works at least in a decent way.

They are payign for they awfull decisions and not adapting but try to make players ignoring a few stuff that is making the game awfull.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Svarty.8019

specs need to be OP for pve reasons, its a pve game, pvp just happens cause online games without pvp is something that players avoid…

ANet will continue to enforce bad gimmicks and conter thos gimmicks with other gimmicks its a placebo to avoid balance work and pretend everything works at least in a decent way.

Think about it like this:
If the Balance Team did it’s job perfectly and the Skills and classes were perfectly balanced, what would the Balance Team do?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

And that’s /thread

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

And that’s /thread

Lost in the cave of wvw broken dreams. Nobody has returned EVER after entering.

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

WvW needs to use the ruleset from PvP.

in WvW

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Think about it like this:
If the Balance Team did it’s job perfectly and the Skills and classes were perfectly balanced, what would the Balance Team do?

If Anet had perfect balance in core GW2 where classes could use multiple weapons with multiple skill sets and different skills.

They would of started working on the elite specs for HOT.

If Anet came out with elite specs for HOT that were balanced where multiple classes had different weapon and build options in PvE, WvW and PvP.

The balance team could of gone on to add new weapons for each class instead of giving a class just a already existing weapon. ( It really takes away the warriors “master of arms” description) Adding things like whips/chains – 2 handed axes – brass knuckles/claws – nunchucks off the top of my head.

Also the balance team really could of done something nice and made the game fun, for instance class based skills are practically useless in this game. They could of made them just some what useful and fun to play.

And basically after defeating Zhaitan we started using tech weapons so how about giving engys some unique things to play with instead of gyros.

The balance team could of done alot of things if they balanced around PvP, they didnt they balanced around raids which made PvP bunker wars at the release of HOT and WvW condi wars.

But hey the raid community seems happy and thats all that really matters.

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

WvW needs to use the ruleset from PvP.

not they do not.

WvW needs an actual skills balance, pve balance for everuthìng simply doesn’t cut it.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Some of anets balance changes (unfortunately I only play D/D (power, vanilla) thief, so I have very little insight into other professions) do make sense and they are actually kind of smart, but only if you have in mind that they need to nerf all damage at some point. Last time they’ve been saved by the ferocity patch, although they made the mistake to not nerf condi at the same time. But they need something like that again. And in that context not every buff is bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@Jana.6831, the problem with damage is that ANet is AWFULL , they are enforcing aoe/cleave spam gameplay from pve into the pvp modes, and that is wrong, is lame, and makes people dumb (players are being carried by damage stacking and high numbers nothing more, dodges are not based on player reaction but limited to evade just 2 telegraphed aoe or some skill with high damadge quoficient, then rip).

Anet failed to make a action mmo the ROLES are being made to carry the gimmick metas, so they decided that damage output creep would be what makes mmo feel with action, so they added a ton of cleave and aoe so player can keep spamming basicly w/o being punished, ence the nerf to retaliation a few years ago.
THe problem with damage migh not be some high values on some skills, but the radius of the skill and how easy is to keep spamming that, there are alot of low effort gameplay wich is what killed the game (again Anet enforcing pve stuff was a bad decision).

I am completlly in favour of buffs, but to occur buffs Anet would have to cut the dumb pve mmo, and make the game less gimmick wich they are totally against off.

What is making the power creep?
I would say the high spammage level of cleaves in autos and aoe’s, Anet if was clever could remove the cleave from autos and buff or design better aoe classes.
That and DPS > anything else, needs actually a rock paper scizor thing…but like i said they are punishing players that dont follwo their broken metheods of balance.

The WvW updates mistake(if making something decent is even possible there….):
THe last balance patches had some interesting stuff, but was mostly bluff, they did some midblow errors touching on skills that werent the problem to avoid change their STUPID design, WvW lags due condi ticks and all the floating damage pruduced by random aoe/cleave (cuase game was ment for spammers and bad players right?), players actually dont need to do much or aply to something, ence WvW servers are paired against servers that have low population on their main time, then its the other server turn to k train, another thing that was tricked into glicko and pairings so players stop complaning about lag…

IDK, what ic Anet doing… mistakes after mistakes… they are surviving from the GW1 impact in the game industry cause gw2 is pure crap at many lvl’s.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)