Recruitment for Ruins of Surmia WvWvW Server

in WvW

Posted by: Niadon.9270

Niadon.9270

Bloody Retribution Alliance, Teaser for Ruins of Surmia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42les-EWRrE&feature=youtu.be
- How it started -

Shouldn’t be necessary, but in the last days, Blacktide, Vabbi and Ruins of Surmia are been really involved in a chaotic situation, so we think a bit of light won’t be a bad idea. Originally we were the Blacktide Alliance, some guilds of today created it months ago when the server was in twelfth position and since that time have continued to fight in WvWvW with the same dedication.

Unfortunately Guild Wars 2 is the game that it is, it’s not designed for WvWvW players. There is a high prevalence of PvE players and the WvWvW that live with the turnover of new players is heavily inflated in many EU and NA servers.

Since the 8th of December we gradually lost valuable resources. Some have left the game for an endgame that was not a real endgame, other ones left by the desire to clash with other servers and others again instead, have simply frozen the account waiting for new stimulus.

The last of us fought until the last trying keep up the server, doing everything was impossible. We tried to invite new guilds, but when you play on a server tagged full almost 24/24 and in WvWvW there are units to defend barely a border, due the high numbers of PvE players, nobody wants to risk coming here.

We asked help to some PvE guild, the help of even one of these would be enough, there are in fact even with 40-50 players online, but none has understood the importance and they did not help us.

When at 2:00 am in the last rematch, with Desolation and Arborstone and we ended up we was able to defend barely a border with 59 players and 21 pugs, we knew it was over.

The rumors of our migration has brought a situation out of control in Blacktide borderland, and we are sorry for the latest guilds that have joined us and decided to stay there until possible, moreover we take the distance from the unpleasant facts of hacking, exploits, and cheating that hit our enemies, Desolation and Arborstone.

It’s time to turn the page, we are interested in our survival.

- Ruins of Surmia -

Our goal was to find a server with the fewest number of PvE players in order to lay the foundations for a WvWvW server.
We sent scouts on several servers to assess them and to talk twith the WvWvW native guilds.
We wanted the least amount of PvE players yes, but at the same time we didn’t want join into unpleasant situation pre-existing or created after our arrival.
Surmia and Vabbi at the end proved to be the best options to create a WvWvW server from zero without create organizational problems to the few WvW native guilds.
Some of us had already played on Vabbi, others on Surmia others again on both, personally I had a good memory of Surmia and one not so good about Vabbi.
At the end someone chose Vabbi, others have chosen Surmia.

- Primary Targets -

Contrary to popular thought, our goal is not reach the tier 1, so we hope don’t disappoint any of the guys on Surmia.
Our goal is to continue building a stable WvWvW community and make of Ruins of Surmia a point of reference for all WvWvW guilds that want to join our alliance, or whether if WvWvW players we invite them to join in one of our guilds.

- Bloody Retribution -

As I said, we are the old Blacktide Alliance, now Bloody Retribution Alliance that was on Blacktide, in particular we are:

[ANN] Annihilation
[B&C] Bananas & Cookies
[BT] Black Templars
[PG] Pirate Gamer
[SFRY] Balkan legion
[TSL] The Saint Legend
[XT] Xeno Tavern
[WIC] Warinc

We also have new guilds that are joining our cause, and of course we’re finishing to contact WvWvW Guilds of Surmia.
Bloody Retribution is a group of friends, guilds in a guild and we intend to continue in this way. All of us are WvWvW players in semi-hardcore and hardcore guilds where WvWvW is the primary objective.
We use an internal system of communications, we have a lot of valiant commanders and we know our business, war.
If the only thing you want is the WvWvW and an alliance of friends that cooperate together, then we urge you to join us.
A-net has forgotten to create WvWvW servers, we will solve the problem by ourself.

- Contacts -

Ref. for Polish:
Mawgan.1689

Ref. for Ex Yugoslavia guys:
ObscureTalent.2197

Ref. for Italians:
Niadon.9270

Ref. for British/Americans:
Danneh. 8351

Ref. for French:
Lyrielle.8047

Ref. for Dutch:
Arathor.7419

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

So instead of having just Xaoc to ruin the balance that has taken months to settle we now have 2 large WvW groups seeking to unsettle that balance for personal glory.

How much more proof does Anet need then this to stop the free server transfers? Why do they remail silent about the subject telling us its not such a big issue…
Tell that to the servers that will be outnumbered 10:1 for weeks on end, I’m sure they will believe its not a big issue.

I also feel sorry for the original ROS guilds that worked so hard on getting everything relatively stable and worked hard on their community. Must suck to see these guys just taking over.

in WvW

Posted by: Tripleghost.5490

Tripleghost.5490

Blacktide is a “full” server that is in wvw 24/7 outnumbered. We had a lot of PVERS bandwagon in last months. A-net killed this server 2 months ago for not closed the transfer. So we all leave this pvers to go last tier like Far Shiverpeak.

Commander Ghost Loves Farm
[WIC] – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

we will do everything in our power to reject the PvE guilds that will want to get Surmia, and at the stubborn ones we promise to do everything possible to ruin their game.
We earn our space as WvWvW players, at all costs.

I feel sorry for the folks on RoS already.

Seriously, if you want to make a ‘pure WvWvW server’, and upset the balance again, please at least wreak only one place, not two. Vabbi is enough to accomodate you all, BT hoppers.

e:

A-net killed this server 2 months ago for not closed the transfer.

No – you killed this server by creating a way too strong W3 alliance there and getting it high in the tiers.
Now you’ll transfer over to RoS, bring it high in tiers (not necessarily t1, but still), attract bandwagoners this way again, and then complain you’re full and still outnumbered in your tier.

You should have sticked to Blacktide, drop one or two tiers more until you find the one you can compete in, and play there. A transfer like yours would only make sense if BT fell to t8/t9 and was smashed there, which ain’t an option.

When a lot of W3 guilds left Gunnar’s Hold for Blacktide, GH kept losing in W3 until this very week, when we finally start getting on our feet. You’re just trying to get out of the situation the ‘easy’ way, what will end up in repeating the whole process, wreaking fun and upsetting balance for everyone around, too.

(edited by drkn.3429)

in WvW

Niadon.9270

So instead of having just Xaoc to ruin the balance that has taken months to settle we now have 2 large WvW groups seeking to unsettle that balance for personal glory..

Since I can say you leave your server to get space others, we can’t say Xaoc where to go and when, it’s no so hard to imagine.

I also feel sorry for the original ROS guilds that worked so hard on getting everything relatively stable and worked hard on their community. Must suck to see these guys just taking over.

You should’t be sorry for the origianl RoS but you should read carefully what I written before talk for fun.
Ruins of Surmia has been scouted like the other servers. We was forced to moved away, there wasn’t other options except quit, due the huge numbers of PvE players, due the fact this game in WvWvW it doesn’t work without WvWvW players, you should ask yourself why you would have right to play well, why a WvWvW player no.

We have valued our impact on all the WvWvW community scouted, the less impacted was on Vabbi or Surmia.
We also contacted various WvWvW guilds of Surmia, to probe the soil and we received a positive confirmation. To be honest right yesterday a funny man, guild master of a native Guild there as joined oure TS to chat, jokes and a lot of laughs

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

in WvW

Niadon.9270

we will do everything in our power to reject the PvE guilds that will want to get Surmia, and at the stubborn ones we promise to do everything possible to ruin their game.
We earn our space as WvWvW players, at all costs.

I feel sorry for the folks on RoS already. .

And why? PvE guilds will continue to play as always. Could you be a little bit fair and honest? maybe quoting also where I written that the native guild will have our respect, and to be honest they just received it as we scounted an contacted them before come. Of course we can’t not make happy all the native guilds, but we neither quit the game.

Seriously, if you want to make a ‘pure WvWvW server’, and upset the balance again, please at least wreak only one place, not two. Vabbi is enough to accomodate you all, BT hoppers..

Xaoc ar not in Blacktide alliance anymore, we can’t says where to go and where not, or you can?

A-net killed this server 2 months ago for not closed the transfer.

No – you killed this server by creating a way too strong W3 alliance there and getting it high in the tiers.
Now you’ll transfer over to RoS, bring it high in tiers (not necessarily t1, but still), attract bandwagoners this way again, and then complain you’re full and still outnumbered in your tier…

Read before written. We don’t care to reach t1, what we care is a WvWvW server where can play, as we could’t anymore, we don’t play PvE. We should reach t7-6 with the actual units and the server however, settle in the middle of the ladder.

You should have sticked to Blacktide, drop one or two tiers more until you find the one you can compete in, and play there. A transfer like yours would only make sense if BT fell to t8/t9 and was smashed there, which ain’t an option….

In name of who we should have remained sticked on Blacktide? we should suffering in the name of who? we should se our guilds lost numbers in the name of who? we should make impossibile hours to defend our borderland in the name of who? In your name or in the name of some PvE players that have at least other 20 server where play without any negative impact on the native server?

When a lot of W3 guilds left Gunnar’s Hold for Blacktide, GH kept losing in W3 until this very week, when we finally start getting on our feet. You’re just trying to get out of the situation the ‘easy’ way, what will end up in repeating the whole process, wreaking fun and upsetting balance for everyone around, too.

I know pretty well Gunnar’s Hold. I was there in October before make a choice between it an Blacktide.
But I know pretty well Gunnar’s Hold because it was assigned to me. I had scout it, take contact with the native pug players and with the guilds, and you know what, now is the most interesting part.
I joined your mumble and talked with the referents of a couple of guilds, and one of this, was also your guild.
And you know what? no one of the guilds that was on mumble was against me, to be honest they sound happy, and since I’m a honest person, I cleary said what we wanted do and how many players we should had move, but again sound good for them.

Despite their positive feedback, as we are people terrible and monstrous I rate that we would have had an impact too radical and we discarded Gunnars.

Now, as I don’t like the double faces, nor I like people to try kidding me or throw on us what I can’t written, I will join your mumble, so you will can explain if is your though or the though of a guild that joked me.

At least I will say hi [core] and at the funny NL man of the other guild

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

in WvW

Posted by: Za Playing Nurse.6329

Za Playing Nurse.6329

Some ppl really trash talk alot, and to think they are not even in our Tier nor Sumia^-^ (at lease not yet)
I’ll like thanks the Sumia guys for welcome us :> And also I apologies for the guild, who do not like us. I hope you wont leave Sumia, and give us a chance to play with u guys. I’ll feel really bad if u move without trying to at lease working together with us. So plz stay for now, and if u really hate us.. (which i hope not >-<) But yeah we cant make everyone happy (sadly) I just hope we all will have a really awesome teamwork and ofc fooling around time in Sumia xD
Lots of Love Jucha

(edited by Za Playing Nurse.6329)

in WvW

Posted by: Klugnut.2463

Klugnut.2463

Why don’t you guys go and ruin someone else’s server? No that wouldn’t be fair either. So just go back to blacktide because no-one on RoS wants to be dictated to about what/where and when they play. I love WvWvW as much as anyone, but to have some jumped up dictator tell the whole server that they will “do everything possible to ruin their game” is pathetic. Shame on you!!!

Some random noob

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Sigh. This is the problem with WvW, and it’s sad that you think you’re part of the solution. Oh well. Hopefully with both Vabbi & RoS getting this influx it will just create a competitive matchup at the bottom, though I feel REALLY sorry for Fissure of Woe who now have zero chance of ever enjoying themselves in WvW.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in WvW

Posted by: PhoenixDown.2034

PhoenixDown.2034

The last thing RoS needs is more people at this point.

“I’ll feel really bad if u move without trying to at lease working together with us”

^^ that right there my friend is the core problem. Guilds who have stayed on RoS since release and stuck with a server constrained in so many ways tossed aside by the fallout of an alliance disintegrating. It was the job of the new people to integrate with the RoS inhabitants; this move is nothing short of an invasion and it’s destroy(ing)ed a community. Where is the attempt for the outsiders to work WITH the guilds already on RoS?? Lost in a puff of kitten.

And fissue of woe are collateral damage. There had been a real surge from them over the last month and they were beginning to hold their ground against RoS/vabbi. I know it’s probably an alien concept to some but WvW should be about the fun in fighting not just playing the numbers game. The fighting was always tough in the bottom bracket. Now there is nothing but zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Now you will have all your ‘elite’ wvw players playing pvdoor for the next few weeks.
Is that gonna be better than having to share wvw with pug’s and other guilds that aren’t in your alliance?

What i think you really want is a server of your own, with noone else but your alliance.
Unfortunately that is not possible and this whole guildmigration is going to screw up all the lower tiers for months.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Niadon.9270

So everything is been clearify on muble

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

in WvW

Posted by: PhoenixDown.2034

PhoenixDown.2034

that, like so many things, makes no sense.

in WvW

Klugnut.2463

Cleared with who? And what gives them the right to speak for a whole server?

Some random noob

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

And why? PvE guilds will continue to play as always. Could you be a little bit fair and honest?

Saying that ‘we will ruin the game for all PvE guilds that will come to RoS’ is enough honesty for this thread, i guess.

Xaoc ar not in Blacktide alliance anymore, we can’t says where to go and where not, or you can?

You folks can join Vabbi.

Read before written. We don’t care to reach t1, what we care is a WvWvW server where can play, as we could’t anymore, we don’t play PvE.

Wait 2-3 weeks until BT drops enough and you can play competitively again, without XAOC and other leavers. Screw them, you don’t need them.

I’m afraid i didn’t fully understand your comment in regard to my server and its mumble, which i’m not a part of actually; might be a language barrier issue, but your thoughts were unclear enough for me not to comment back on them.

in WvW

Posted by: vipeout.2485

vipeout.2485

Now you will have all your ‘elite’ wvw players playing pvdoor for the next few weeks.
Is that gonna be better than having to share wvw with pug’s and other guilds that aren’t in your alliance?

Problem is, there was almost nobody to fight with only us. PvDoor is something I personally hate. However, I (and probably many others) wanted to have fun from the game. We couldn’t on our very own server.

What i think you really want is a server of your own, with noone else but your alliance.
Unfortunately that is not possible and this whole guildmigration is going to screw up all the lower tiers for months.

Nope. Why would we migrate if we wanted only the alliance? It was present on Blacktide after all. Actually many players are happy about it (or at least that’s what we see on WWW maps, and keep in mind we’re on all of them). People whisper if we need a siege they could drop, some even thank us for coming in here. From what I can tell many of you are eager to fight, and do it hard. You just never had a chance of a bigger fight. We will see if there is a chance for one in this tier in 10 minutes.

I’m sure that there are people that don’t like big fights. Neither we liked the idea of getting beaten over and over again for months till we drop down to “our” tier. We would loose many more people. The other option was to quit the game. Many have chosen that, that’s one of the reasons we’ve dropped from T1.

You folks can join Vabbi.

And spend there a month trying to bring it up destroying your game for even longer.

And yes, I do see problem for FoW in this situation. Well all I can really do now is to say sorry. It’s not our fault that those thousands of inactive accounts keep the server as “Full” when at 20.00 GMT you get to main LA with no queue. That’s not a full server. Full was when we were 2h+ in the queues for any WWW map.

PS. Keep in mind I speak for myself in this post. Not for the whole alliance.

Piken Square | Xiana [XT]

in WvW

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

Let me see if I’ve got this straight: you are going to go into a server which is primarily PvE people, and, in your own words “do everything possible to ruin their game” if they stubbornly refuse to go along with your cleansing of the PvE element to form a ‘pure’ WvW server? Nevermind the fact that there will, inevitably, be PvE and sPvP players on any server you pick since there is only one ‘type’ of server, and any of these ‘undesirables’ can join WvW whenever they want.

Sorry, not going to give you any kudos or pretend this is totes legit. That is pathetic and despicable behaviour. Despite what you may want, PvE’ers and sPvP’ers have as much right to play on any server as you do. It’s not about trying to ‘get’ any servers, it’s just about where and how people feel like playing. Shame on you all for trying to push people around and dictate where they play with their money and their free time.

Stay classy, people.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

in WvW

Posted by: comacat.5287

comacat.5287

Your move to RoS has been completely classless. If you come, en masse, to another server, the least you could do is work WITH the people (and commanders) who have been here since launch.

Instead, you’ve come in with the biggest kittening chip on your shoulder because ‘ehrmagerd we’re from tier 2, we’re the best evaaaarr’ and dismiss our most experienced commanders.

I have 0 problem with transferring here, and I have no problem making it a wvw focussed server (in fact i almost welcome it aside from the queues :P) but ease your way in, instead of trying to throw your weight around.

Jimmeh
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

Oh well, as a ros member since the beginning, I was very happy the way things were goin’ lately. And main reason of staying here was a medium population, kind of nice ppl and fun wvw. Now with all these moves and new recruitments, fun is close to fly away.

From all servers around , why have you chosen exactly ros?

in WvW

Posted by: itsmee.7536

itsmee.7536

@comacat: just to clarify, RoS is actually mostly WvW oriented to begin with. FoW has a higher overall population, but lower wvw population. Originally, RoS had 3 active wvw guilds: [DEX] [IMP] and [GoA]. There were other active guilds in WvW, but they have too few in numbers. That being said, RoS’s biggest guild was [INS] which was mostly pve focused, and [IMP] moved to Gunner’s Hold.

On topic, I welcome you to RoS. Despite what others say, no one can stop you from choosing whichever server you want anyways, so might as well be friends than enemies. Cheers.

Dijla – Charr Warrior
[GoA] Guardians of Arcane – Officer
Ruins of Surmia – Commander

in WvW

Posted by: comacat.5287

comacat.5287

yeah, that is true, i’ve practically lived in wvw for months. I guess i mean ‘high-population wvw focussed’.

Like i said, no problem with the transfers, and because i’m not a PvE’er not phased about that being neglected. Just don’t like the way it was conducted…

Jimmeh
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

I actually think this is positive move. For many weeks Vabbi and FoW were last tier without any chances of moving up. RoS would sometimes move up, but soon after get kicked out to last tier. So I wish WvW lovers of these servers will get some action and move up ranks.
But I think most of people focus their anger towards wrong thing. Main issue here is free transfer. While this is the case, people will move to locations they feel best for them and at the same time create unhappy situations for others people.

I’ll give example of Gunnar’s Hold, we were tier 2 but dropped down to lower tiers after many guilds transfered. While some people hated situations, I actually loved it. And even now I enjoy in WvW so much more. While intensity of battle is not different, you will not see huge zergs moving all around. Instead you have smaller groups, still battling fiercely. And I actually enjoy in these smaller skirmish battles much more.
If huge alliance would come to GH I would not like it. But other people would welcome it. And that’s the thing here. You cant make everyone happy. Especially with big moves and transfers.
But if transfers were not free, you would have less of these situations, and people would stay and battle with what they have. I believe server guilds would create stronger bonds, maybe even make friendships. But as it is, you are playing with strangers and you don’t know if tomorrow they will be your friend of foe.

Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Oh well, as a ros member since the beginning, I was very happy the way things were goin’ lately. And main reason of staying here was a medium population, kind of nice ppl and fun wvw. Now with all these moves and new recruitments, fun is close to fly away.

From all servers around , why have you chosen exactly ros?

This.
I am on RoS from begining and like wvw as it was. If you want to change it to YOUR pleasure, just gtfo. If i wanted better wvw server i would transfer to someone in tier 1/2. Why not go vabbi or something? Oh and this is also PvE server so ……
Again, if you didnt understand: We play on RoS because we like it as it is. Blacktide v2 isnt here, so bye bye, you chose wrong server.

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

in WvW

Posted by: vipeout.2485

vipeout.2485

Let me see if I’ve got this straight: you are going to go into a server which is primarily PvE people, and, in your own words “do everything possible to ruin their game” if they stubbornly refuse to go along with your cleansing of the PvE element to form a ‘pure’ WvW server? Nevermind the fact that there will, inevitably, be PvE and sPvP players on any server you pick since there is only one ‘type’ of server, and any of these ‘undesirables’ can join WvW whenever they want.

You know you could at least read what he said. We wont force anyone to play WWW, especially the original players of this realm that like PvE. What he said is about other guilds transferring to RoS that wouldn’t want to play WWW. Why would he ytransfer anyway since PvE is the same everywhere?

Below are the exact words you should of read. Do not take them out of the context please.

At the same time we don’t accept guilds whose primary focus is not the war in the borderland and although we respect the PvE native guilds of this server, we will do everything in our power to reject the PvE guilds that will want to get Surmia, and at the stubborn ones we promise to do everything possible to ruin their game.

Now onto the next:

Instead, you’ve come in with the biggest kittening chip on your shoulder because ‘ehrmagerd we’re from tier 2, we’re the best evaaaarr’ and dismiss our most experienced commanders.

Nobody dissmissed anyone. No idea where did u come from with this one.

Piken Square | Xiana [XT]

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Wait, so Nug are on RoS now?! …

Crazier things have happened… Why not just come back home. we miss you!

(and we’re stabilizing nicely, have had weekly WvW discussion/tactics meetings for 4 weeks in a row now, booyah!)

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: ILoveHate.1672

ILoveHate.1672

Join Ruins! Stay at camp.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Nugos is still on Blacktide. The guild chose to stay on BT for now

- edit

and GF and DZ as well I think

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

(edited by Centrix.4065)

in WvW

Posted by: Sajuuk.6420

Sajuuk.6420

Ugh… where do i even begin.. right when did we ask to become a WvW server only? and when did we ask to be pretty much taken over by you guys..? oh and when did we say we dont like PvE guilds? If you have the asnwer to any of them questions please do tell the Angry Commander wants to know :P

The Angry Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Vukanigia.5496

Vukanigia.5496

(and we’re stabilizing nicely, have had weekly WvW discussion/tactics meetings for 4 weeks in a row now, booyah!)

Hi Maloki :-) Nice to c you r still fighting for Far Shiver! /kiss

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

………………… All you Blacktide people are fkin clowns. The best possible choice would have been tiers slightly above bottom tier. Those servers are much more competetive and their balance would not be so broken by large guilds moving in to them. At least they would have a safety next to drop or climb the ladder to balance out.

Choosing the bottom tier is just stupid as it just destroyed any balance we ever had. Now both RoS and Vabbi have huge numbers due to BT rejects and this leaves FoW where? This is already a ghost server and now WvW is an aspect of the game that has become null and void because there is no way possible to fight.

So both your alliance and xaoc’s motive was to make a pure WvW server. Well done for splitting up and picking 2 servers. I can clearly see that the people behind this are pure kitten Want to make a pure WvW server? just go to 1 server then. No brainer really.

This is just a bunch of rejects trying to justify their invasion by trying to claim it is a noble act. Remember the Romans?

Where does this leave FoW? a ghost server that is now unplayable in WvW. Thanks.

I don’t think its about competition but about control: control of the server they go to. Higher up the tiers I suspect they believe they’ll meet more resistance to rolling in as the big boss. Servers perceived as weak they believe they can dominate since they probably think they’ll be moving in to take over.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

You know you could at least read what he said. We wont force anyone to play WWW, especially the original players of this realm that like PvE. What he said is about other guilds transferring to RoS that wouldn’t want to play WWW. Why would he ytransfer anyway since PvE is the same everywhere?

Below are the exact words you should of read. Do not take them out of the context please.

At the same time we don’t accept guilds whose primary focus is not the war in the borderland and although we respect the PvE native guilds of this server, we will do everything in our power to reject the PvE guilds that will want to get Surmia, and at the stubborn ones we promise to do everything possible to ruin their game.

I read it the first time, thanks. And I don’t believe I am misunderstanding anything. It is there in black and white: ‘we promise to do everything possible to ruin their game’ if those nasssty, awful PvE’ers try to DARE to set foot on ‘your’ precious WvW server. As to why they would? With cross-server grouping there is less of a need, but who knows? You certainly have no right whatsoever to try to strongarm, bully or grief people out of doing so, just because you think you’re special WvW snowflakes who deserve your own special snowflake playground.

Still pathetic. Still despicable. Still disgusting. Still classless. I understood just fine.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

in WvW

Niadon.9270

Still pathetic. Still despicable. Still disgusting. Still classless. I understood just fine.

I’m totally agree, it’s horrible see how PvE Guilds and players think that they can jump from a server to another server but blame WvWvW guys who do it.
It’s disgusting see how with 27 server PvE Guilds and PvE players must to ruin the game in the borderlands or flood a good wvwvw server and turn it in a pve server.
It’s annoying to see that pve are allowed to do anything, while those who do not WvWvW.
It’s unbearable to see how most of the server jumpers were pve guild that could play in lower tier without any problems, and instead go up in higher tier and when you ask help in a friendly manner, they refuse to do so, forgetting that if a server is high ranked is thanks to the WvWvW players and pugs, and not PvErs, but as PvE guilds does not need the constant turnover of players that a WvWvW guild needs, they don’t need to be so in view on forums, so their migrations are silent and letal for WvWvW players.
We are happy you understood, also us, for this reason we will build our WvWvW server with all the collaborative WvWvW guilds/players. And just to be clear, we have PvE players in our guilds, but at least they are able to help and understood the importance of the borderlands.

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

in WvW

Niadon.9270

I don’t think its about competition but about control: control of the server they go to. Higher up the tiers I suspect they believe they’ll meet more resistance to rolling in as the big boss. Servers perceived as weak they believe they can dominate since they probably think they’ll be moving in to take over.

Nor one neither other. But the point is that as in real life, people are always trying to see a side shameful in all things, because they are afraid of what they do not know.

Higher Tier was not tagged low, this mean more PvE players. Secondary, we are all collaborative guilds and players, but after so much time in higher rank tiers, we are use to a different kind of wvwvw game, different also by ours when we started to play.
This could have a negative or positive impact, much hard as much intensive was the wvwvw native players presence.
So as we was forced to transfer anyway, to contain our impact, the only choice was in low population servers, and btw, as seems not yet clear, we are not popped from nothing, we talked with WvWvW guilds of the scounted servers. Surmia gave us a good response.
That’s all, now if we wanna talk about fried air ok, but will be just for trolling

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

in WvW

Niadon.9270

- edit

Ty centrix and sorry:), I’m going to edit it

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

in WvW

maloki.3527

Hi Maloki :-) Nice to c you r still fighting for Far Shiver! /kiss

Of course I am! Only way to stay true to my believes, that server hopping isn’t going to make anything better, and the only true way to win the fight is to actually stay and fight.

You can read all about it here:
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com/when-a-community-comes-together/

@Farshiverpeaks

in WvW

maloki.3527

- edit

Okay, glad to hear it!
I really hope you guys settle on Blacktide, and stay there. Keep it strong.

@Farshiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Whiteout.7935

Whiteout.7935

Welcome to Surima! Always happy to have more in WvW, but by the same token we’re also happy to have more in PvE, so please don’t come into our game of monopoly, flip the table and tell us to play scrabble =/

PvE guilds from other servers are more than welcome here and as visitors to the server I (and many others) do not appreciated you saying Surmia is now WvW only and that you are going to get in the way for new guilds wanting to do PvE.

Finally as a side note please tone down the kitten of that recruitment video I doubt anyone will take you seriously, it is silly and embarrassing :P

Best wishes

Loudcrank WvW/PvE fan

Loudcrank
Commander
[GoA] Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Why would he ytransfer anyway since PvE is the same everywhere?

That is where you are wrong. I am mainly a wvw player but my guild is mainly a PvE guild and I do dabble in PvE from time to time. I play on Gunnars which is a relatively low population server in PvE areas and you cannot play in some areas at certain times because there simply are not enough players to have all the fun they need. Some players in my guild have moved to servers like Blacktide and Desolation so they can do the Orr chain events whenever they want or go do CoF dungeon because its not contested.

And just to be clear, we have PvE players in our guilds, but at least they are able to help and understood the importance of the borderlands.

This shows the real arrogance behind your move. People play this game for their own reasons. The real reason behind your move is that you cannot accept that people have no interest in the WvW side of the game or what tier their server is in. Some people would much rather spend their time doing dungeons or Orr events. The fact that you are surprised that noone comes at your beckoning into wvw when you need them beggars belief. How would you react if some PvE commander nipped into the Borderlands and demanded you all run into Orr and help them liberate the Temple of Grenth?

As a Gunnars player I am no stranger to playing against overwhelming numbers and against the odds in difficult fights. We fell in the rankings continuously for the best part of 3 months but now the rankings have stablised we’ve found ourselves in a great fun matchup for 3 weeks in a row. This is precisely what would have happened to Blacktide if you’d have stayed. Instead you’ve all kittened off when the going got tough and ruined the fun for every other server that will feel the effect of either an out of place server moving up or an empty Blacktide falling down.

I think the reaction of most people in this and the Vabbi thread show your new leet servers are not welcome so please would you and Xaoc take your plans and return to where you came from.
/rant

PS. Condolences to those guilds on RoS who will now be dictated to by a bunch of strangers who think they know best (and yes Ive already heard complaints about this happening) and respect to those guilds who decided to stay on Blacktide.

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Hi, I’m one of RoS members who stuck with it from the start.
The current situation is a very new from our usual play where we’d only be able to play in 1 map.
Although it IS quite zergy but as a RoS perspective it is enjoyable. Because Vabbi got all those transfers, us getting the transfers quite evened it out. Although I do feel sorry for FoW.

Yes there has been one occasion which could have been handled better by the incoming alliance commander, but the rest were quite friendly and it has so far been enjoyable.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Deadlyguy.6104

Deadlyguy.6104

Why would he ytransfer anyway since PvE is the same everywhere?

That is where you are wrong. I am mainly a wvw player but my guild is mainly a PvE guild and I do dabble in PvE from time to time. I play on Gunnars which is a relatively low population server in PvE areas and you cannot play in some areas at certain times because there simply are not enough players to have all the fun they need. Some players in my guild have moved to servers like Blacktide and Desolation so they can do the Orr chain events whenever they want or go do CoF dungeon because its not contested.

And just to be clear, we have PvE players in our guilds, but at least they are able to help and understood the importance of the borderlands.

This shows the real arrogance behind your move. People play this game for their own reasons. The real reason behind your move is that you cannot accept that people have no interest in the WvW side of the game or what tier their server is in. Some people would much rather spend their time doing dungeons or Orr events. The fact that you are surprised that noone comes at your beckoning into wvw when you need them beggars belief. How would you react if some PvE commander nipped into the Borderlands and demanded you all run into Orr and help them liberate the Temple of Grenth?

As a Gunnars player I am no stranger to playing against overwhelming numbers and against the odds in difficult fights. We fell in the rankings continuously for the best part of 3 months but now the rankings have stablised we’ve found ourselves in a great fun matchup for 3 weeks in a row. This is precisely what would have happened to Blacktide if you’d have stayed. Instead you’ve all kittened off when the going got tough and ruined the fun for every other server that will feel the effect of either an out of place server moving up or an empty Blacktide falling down.

I think the reaction of most people in this and the Vabbi thread show your new leet servers are not welcome so please would you and Xaoc take your plans and return to where you came from.
/rant

PS. Condolences to those guilds on RoS who will now be dictated to by a bunch of strangers who think they know best (and yes Ive already heard complaints about this happening) and respect to those guilds who decided to stay on Blacktide.

stop trolling dude! as you said , your server is low population, Blactide was very high populated but most of accounts were inactive for at least 1 month, so comparing your server to Blactide was just a mistake. And other thing about your post – this is recruitment topic for Ruins of Surmia and you are trying to TROLL here about other servers, so pls keep childish comments for yourself

in WvW

Posted by: Oxxymoron.9864

Oxxymoron.9864

just wandering:

do you think there ever will be a time when all these serverhopper guilds realise that its not the server they are on thats the problem, its them?

Besides, like they care what servertag they fight under…. its not about building and working with others, its all about them….

well, pretty much can say the same thing as for their vabbi partners:
@Blacktide: thats what you can expect from them on the long run. Anybody assisting them deserves whats coming to them, after all they sign up for it

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

have fun powerhousing through the lower tiers.
ill be sure to be on vacation when you face us (FS).
also dont think of coming back kk thx

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

in WvW

Posted by: killimandros.5087

killimandros.5087

Hm, out of curiosity; How many of the natives are actually against this move, and how many of the hate posts come from NON natives? I see…I believe if you all are so worried about this servers health, it might be a good idea to stop the hating against it :-) Fight them when they get to your tier and see what happens. You might be surprised you might get good fights from them :-) Wouldnt that be better for all the servers if the wvw guilds got a bit more spread out?

in WvW

Posted by: Sajuuk.6420

Sajuuk.6420

Hm, out of curiosity; How many of the natives are actually against this move, and how many of the hate posts come from NON natives? I see…I believe if you all are so worried about this servers health, it might be a good idea to stop the hating against it :-) Fight them when they get to your tier and see what happens. You might be surprised you might get good fights from them :-) Wouldnt that be better for all the servers if the wvw guilds got a bit more spread out?

Yeah im native and im aginest it.. hopeing that the little chat were gonna have with the allaince leaders is gonna change that tho.

The Angry Commander

in WvW

Niadon.9270

Finally as a side note please tone down the kitten of that recruitment video I doubt anyone will take you seriously, it is silly and embarrassing :P

lol it’s roleplayed -_- half of what is written comes from the utterances of some surmia pugs that met some of us in battle during the first hours we was there, it’s been funny and I though to use it, but as always people are able to see plots and dictatorships everywhere

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

in WvW

Posted by: Whiteout.7935

Whiteout.7935

lol it’s roleplayed -_- half of what is written comes from the utterances of some surmia pugs that met some of us in battle during the first hours we was there, it’s been funny and I though to use it, but as always people are able to see plots and dictatorships everywhere

Fair enough but even as role play material its still pretty funny/embarressing to watch.

Loudcrank
Commander
[GoA] Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Klugnut.2463

And what was the last line on that video?
“PVE guilds will be wiped out”.
Sounds like a dictatorship to me.

Some random noob

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.3204

Moderator.3204

We will close this topic for now since it already has derailed heavily. We will investigate and discuss what to do with this thread and the whole topic at hand, so please stay tuned for a decision.

Niadon, please don’t just re-open this thread but wait for our decision.