Red Keep in EB

Red Keep in EB

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

Will anything be done about red keep that can be easily hit from SMC with trebs?
Blue/Green don’t get hit from there and this clearly puts all servers that are red in a disadvantage. This would mean that the map might need to be altered in someway.
I don’t know if its a hard or time consuming job, what do you guys think?

Red Keep in EB

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

The irony is that the red keep is supposed to be for the lowest ranked server and is meant to give a small advantage.

Changing it might not be too hard, though. If the touch-ups done to DBL were in-scope then raising the elevation of Overlook might be possible too.

Red Keep in EB

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You can also hit SM from red keep.

See who makes more holes faster.

Red keep on EB is the easiest keep to defend in my experience. And stop thinking about its defense within its walls.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Red Keep in EB

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Anyone else got deja vu?

Red Keep in EB

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

The irony is that the red keep is supposed to be for the lowest ranked server and is meant to give a small advantage.

Changing it might not be too hard, though. If the touch-ups done to DBL were in-scope then raising the elevation of Overlook might be possible too.

Back in the day when rankings were by color blue keep was for 3rd place. Red was for second. Green was first.

Red Keep in EB

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

As soon kitten flips its always under treb attack with walls down like 2min later. I fail to how that is so horrible for the keep owners.

edit: also for once the Anet kittenfilter actually worked decently. SM, kittens, ts pretty much the same thing anyway.

Red Keep in EB

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Red keep is the worst. No access to the dome for defense, three towers that have easy offensive siege placement and from the hill top both inner and outer can be hit on the keep. It also has a fairly convoluted run out of the keep.This on top of the SMC issue.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Red Keep in EB

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Red keep is on second spot actualy.
Green is strongest keep , and blue is the weakest
Red keep advantages :
- cannons and mortars positioning are best
- The only keep where rams can’t hit outer and inner on same time. ( double gate )
- 4 diferent acces points to top walls (stairs ) green got 1 ( destroyable wall ) and blue got 2 (destroyable walls ) -wich advantage defenders (cloud formation /free cast )

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Red Keep in EB

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Raise it up so high that its trebs can hit SMC inner. That’ll get their attention. =D
In all seriousness though, red keep ebg suffers from that “easiest to defend inner, hardest to defend outer” adage that is similarly noted about fire keep on dbl.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Red Keep in EB

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I was wrong about red being lowest rank~ Thanks all for correcting that.

@Kovu

I have a very different experience with firekeep. The courtyard Cata spot in inner is very hard to defend due to the walls that block most defensive siege. There are no outside spots that give me as much difficulty save for the standard proxy Cata shenanigans.

Red Keep in EB

in WvW

Posted by: Dontral.7490

Dontral.7490

Make the wall closest to the south cannon in Red Keep invulnerable.

Problem solved.

They did this to Wildcreek so it shouldn’t be a big deal. Of course this should have been done a long, long time ago.