Red Team disadvantages due to Glider exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: CharonXeno.4869

CharonXeno.4869

This is now the second week that the Red Team in WvW faces the brunt of disadvantages due to “Glide into hostile objectives” exploits (e.g. Gliding from Pangloss to Ogrewatch, bypassing gates and walls rendering Ogrewatch indefensible).

Since Red Team is (by ranking) already the “weakest” Team, this adds even more disadvantages to them. Will there be any compensation for them / consequences for those that use the exploit (bypassing hostile gates & walls?) or will Arena.net just shrug and say “we don’t care, sucks to be you, don’t forget to buy the expansion”?

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

This is now the second week that the Red Team in WvW faces the brunt of disadvantages due to “Glide into hostile objectives” exploits (e.g. Gliding from Pangloss to Ogrewatch, bypassing gates and walls rendering Ogrewatch indefensible).

Since Red Team is (by ranking) already the “weakest” Team, this adds even more disadvantages to them. Will there be any compensation for them / consequences for those that use the exploit (bypassing hostile gates & walls?) or will Arena.net just shrug and say “we don’t care, sucks to be you, don’t forget to buy the expansion”?

They said they will review gliding and make adjustments. If it’s clear that gliding is too much trouble to sort out then they will remove it altogether.

If you would like to post some screenshots and/or details as to what these exploits are then it would help to get them sorted or gliding removed. I know it might seem obvious to you and everyone else but this is a stating the bloomin obvious competition sometimes.

in WvW

Posted by: Dealdrick.9701

Dealdrick.9701

They said they will review gliding and make adjustments. If it’s clear that gliding is too much trouble to sort out then they will remove it altogether.

If you would like to post some screenshots and/or details as to what these exploits are then it would help to get them sorted or gliding removed. I know it might seem obvious to you and everyone else but this is a stating the bloomin obvious competition sometimes.

First and foremost, on EBG, if you control Pangloss you can glide straight into the upper level of Ogrewatch completely bypassing the walls and gate.

in WvW

apharma.3741

First and foremost, on EBG, if you control Pangloss you can glide straight into the upper level of Ogrewatch completely bypassing the walls and gate.

Yes but you aren’t stating exactly from point A to point B.

What you should be saying is that if you control pangalos you can exit toward Veloka and take an immediate left when you come out of the mine and go up the hill. Then you can activate a decent duration stability skill and glide from the top of that hill into Ogrewatch landing on the path that goes to the lords room facing the bridge.

On a side note, not been in EBG since the gliding change, my poor ogrewatch what have they done to you!

in WvW

Posted by: Dealdrick.9701

Dealdrick.9701

What you should be saying is that if you control pangalos you can exit toward Veloka and take an immediate left when you come out of the mine and go up the hill. Then you can activate a decent duration stability skill and glide from the top of that hill into Ogrewatch landing on the path that goes to the lords room facing the bridge.

On a side note, not been in EBG since the gliding change, my poor ogrewatch what have they done to you!

dont need stab for it, and my description was clearly enough for you to know what I was referring to

in WvW

apharma.3741

dont need stab for it, and my description was clearly enough for you to know what I was referring to

Not without going there to look which defeated the point of your description as that hill is newly added for some strange reason.

in WvW

Posted by: Sikamori.4791

Sikamori.4791

This being an exploit, I’d say it should be fixed pretty quickly if enough people report and explain how it’s done to them.

And yuh, I had no idea how it was done until apharma explained it a bit better. But like I said, it’s best to report this in a ticket or something, might get to the Devs faster? I know they’ve removed some rocks and other things from EB because it could and would have been used for something like this. Reckon this was just an undersight by them.

in WvW

CharonXeno.4869

I avoided posting the details of this particular exploit to avoid making it even more well known.

The question is what Arena.net will do in response to entire zergs abusing it (sanction each member of the zerg? Yeah, right) and Red having an even worse time since it effectively only has 3 towers on EBG, with orgrewatch belonging to whatever team has 3 people and 2 minutes to spare. And Pangloss being capped ever 15 minutes since it is basically “cap a camp, get a tower free”. So when arena.net finally does anything to fix this in a week or three, Red will have enjoyed several matches of getting their teeth kicked in and dropping in rank like a stone, with not even a “sorry, my bad” from arena.net towards them.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Inb4 post is removed and infracted for discussing exploits.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

They simply need to revert their bad fix from earlier in the week. That’s when they created the other issue. For the previous issue, they only need to elevate the terrain by 100 units on the keep side.

Hopefully they’ll read this, revert and tweak what was. Then both issues will be resolved.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

This being an exploit, I’d say it should be fixed pretty quickly if enough people report and explain how it’s done to them.

And yuh, I had no idea how it was done until apharma explained it a bit better. But like I said, it’s best to report this in a ticket or something, might get to the Devs faster? I know they’ve removed some rocks and other things from EB because it could and would have been used for something like this. Reckon this was just an undersight by them.

If you people actually read the threads you could have noticed this has already been reported and a dev already replied thats it gonna be fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

I actually do feel they should sanction every single person that systematically abuses gliding into towers/keeps… atleast give them a temp ban.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

us on Cd/ebay are doing really goood this week as red team vs sos/yb.

They have to cap Pang…so they go by our watchtower. And we know exactly where they are going next and where they landing in the tower. We’ve been able to successfuly obliterate many giant sos zergs we otherwise were defenseless against in open combat.

Honestly its been quite “epic” as far as epic wvsw fights go…..flying from our keep into OW and a giant blob….having ac on the walls firing on the sos blob in the lords and fighting sos trying to go down and climb and clear the ac. Been quite fun….

That said….if we don’t have a zerg its an instant cap for them, we can’t fire siege at the far side of the lords where they usually pull the lord…so were out of options without a zerg to fight.

I’m sure it will be fixed next week tho, and it should be. People are losing t3’s just as easily to the insane catapult damage anyways….so whatever!

Waiting for that guy who says OW is OP in favour of the defenders now cause of the exploit…lol.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

CharonXeno.4869

For the zergs… well, I can only assume that the commanders using the exploit lack both in the ethical AND mental compartment.

Had the Blue zerg glide into OW… with 6 superior ACs firing at their landing site… it was very messy – we were about 20 to their 30+, but more than half of them went into downstate (and then death) in the hail or arrows – we drove off the weakened remains.
Only to have the Green Zerg trying to glide in. After the first 10 or so fell off the slope without gliding they realized they need to cap Pangloss first, so they waited the remaining 1 minute buff, captured Pangloss, and then glided in… right in the same spot where the 6 AC fired at… where they had seen Blue wiped out only minutes ago. It worked as well for them as it did for Blue.

The extra dumb part: OW was Tier 1. If they had built rams or catapults or any legit siege they’d have breached it in no time and we wouldn’t have stood a chance. But as I said before, the lack of a ethical backbone may stem from a lack of brains in the first place.

Still, OW is capped often enough by a smaller team gliding it, especially when the map is less populated – gliding in they cap the tower before it even has “under attack” swords. :/

(edited by CharonXeno.4869)

in WvW

Posted by: Bart.5023

Bart.5023

gliding might be a fun thing, but i think it will cause ALOT of troubles for anet… People will always find a way to exploit it

XS Bart
Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

that is why there are those of us who are against gliding, yes it makes it less annoying to run back / find a path down cliffs, but the negative impacts on WvW gameplay and risks are far too great.

in WvW

Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

thats just one spot , there are other spot too

in WvW

Posted by: Sikamori.4791

Sikamori.4791

If you people actually read the threads you could have noticed this has already been reported and a dev already replied thats it gonna be fixed.

Sorry, I don’t have time to go over the.. 50 new threads a day that gets made. My mistake I guess?

The server I am on hasn’t been red so I had no idea of this exploit
[until a few mins ago as I saw some people on the red team glide right into the champs room after we just took that tower]

That being said, I honestly don’t see them banning anyone. There have been so many exploit, glitches and hacks being used over the years with those same people still around. :/

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

that is why there are those of us who are against gliding, yes it makes it less annoying to run back / find a path down cliffs, but the negative impacts on WvW gameplay and risks are far too great.

People says this about EVERY change no matter how small or logical it may be.

WvsW is dying, its always dying. Every reboot and regrouping channels existing players into less servers and grabs players from other parts of the game into the mode. Those numbers are always in a downward trend though soon after these changes. That’s cause the mode offers so little to keep people interested in it. You can spend 30-60 mins in the mode and you’ve experienced the bulk of the mode. Expecting people to do it for another year or longer is unreasonable.

Truth is, changes are needed. Change brings with it risk, but its better than the alternative. So be more supportive of “not dying”.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Gliding bypasses a lot of the problems that came with balance changes: I was one of the few who managed to get into an attacked tower every time – nowadays I can’t really do that because the AOE is just too strong. Gliding to OW/Veloka bypasses that and it’s way easier to defend – the other corners might not have it that easy. But on the other hand it’s easier for the attackers as well. – You’d have to balance the structural damage and everything that’s going wrong for about 4 years now and which is getting worse and worse – or you can just throw gliders on it. Don’t know if I explained that sufficiently.

[…]That’s cause the mode offers so little to keep people interested in it. You can spend 30-60 mins in the mode and you’ve experienced the bulk of the mode. Expecting people to do it for another year or longer is unreasonable.

The reason people keep on playing is a) good fights b) community – work on that and the game mode is ‘safe’. I doubt that wvw players really wanted all this loot. I guess most are like me: I want balance (class and structure), I want strategy (which is being killed off little by little) and I want to play with my server (which is partlyy being destroyed by the links and also by not balancing the game).

in WvW

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I was actually happy with gliding because after 5 years i still dont know to properly leave the north keep without risking falling damage

in WvW

Jana.6831

I was actually happy with gliding because after 5 years i still dont know to properly leave the north keep without risking falling damage

Jump on the house that’s in front of it – but you will get falling damage the second you jump over the wall anyway. So – you’ve never been safe of sustaining falling damage.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

The reason people keep on playing is a) good fights b) community – work on that and the game mode is ‘safe’. I doubt that wvw players really wanted all this loot. I guess most are like me: I want balance (class and structure), I want strategy (which is being killed off little by little) and I want to play with my server (which is partlyy being destroyed by the links and also by not balancing the game).

I agree with this especially the last parts – sadly the relinkings have just jumbled ties with people – enemies become friends, and friends soon become enemies again. We have to learn new commanders ways each time and everything is a mess and it frustrates everyone when they have to readjust to the new links/people/comms, but most of all it doesn’t feel as close knit as it was before. Sure, there are still lots of us who fight with indifference to this change but it just feels like an empty husk. Every now and then you’ll see someone on map/team chat that will say “our_server/paired_server sucks” depending on how the matchup is going. I’ve seen guilds transfer servers because their current server got too toxic. I suppose things need to change and we all have to adjust. There are still good fights to be had and I hope the best for this game mode. For me my biggest wish is to be rid of lag though – at this point I am no longer fighting players, I am firstly fighting against lag. One thing I always look forward to is balance changes no matter how good or grim it looks.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Friend/enemy – relationships can be really fun. There’s one guy who goes out to find (and kill me) every time we’re against each other. I know him for now 3 years and we’ve been initially on the same server. We’ve never really been friends but we respect each other deeply – and all we do is fight if we meet. That isn’t really my problem, what is was that my server has been unique: we were all roamers and we never needed a commander – that ship has sailed since the links demanded commanders and with that the whole server has been ‘killed off’. Nowadays there’s no real roaming anyway because of unbalance and queues – and I miss that.
We were once up against a buddy of mine to who I was talking to while we were playing wvw. He was: “Haha, we’re in your bravost (20 of them)”. Someone, not me, called it out and I saw a guild raid of ~10 going there, some roamers were there before them, then some more roamers came, then the public and my buddy was: “WHY ARE THEY GETTING MORE AND MORE??” – And that was just how we were – everybody went where they were needed. And it was really cool.

in WvW

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Jump on the house that’s in front of it – but you will get falling damage the second you jump over the wall anyway. So – you’ve never been safe of sustaining falling damage.

Yea, thats how ive always been doing it.
Sometimes you hit too far the side, though, and then the roofhit doesnt count as a stop.

But still, i cant imagine that being the intended path to leave the north keep. On the east side i drop across 2-3 cliff outcroppings. Cant we have a proper gate on the sides?

in WvW

Posted by: Fizzee.1762

Fizzee.1762

in WvW

synergy.5809

People says this about EVERY change no matter how small or logical it may be.

WvsW is dying, its always dying. Every reboot and regrouping channels existing players into less servers and grabs players from other parts of the game into the mode. Those numbers are always in a downward trend though soon after these changes. That’s cause the mode offers so little to keep people interested in it. You can spend 30-60 mins in the mode and you’ve experienced the bulk of the mode. Expecting people to do it for another year or longer is unreasonable.

Truth is, changes are needed. Change brings with it risk, but its better than the alternative. So be more supportive of “not dying”.

never mentioned WvW dying, in fact i think they should unlink the servers now due to how many PvE’ers they brought in with the reward changes which I think are a good thing. Gliding still needs to go though. Too many Pve’ers and new WvWers don’t know whats good for the game mode in the long term, dont even know if they’ll be here in a few months.

in WvW

synergy.5809

Gliding bypasses a lot of the problems that came with balance changes: I was one of the few who managed to get into an attacked tower every time – nowadays I can’t really do that because the AOE is just too strong. Gliding to OW/Veloka bypasses that and it’s way easier to defend – the other corners might not have it that easy. But on the other hand it’s easier for the attackers as well. – You’d have to balance the structural damage and everything that’s going wrong for about 4 years now and which is getting worse and worse – or you can just throw gliders on it. Don’t know if I explained that sufficiently.

[…]That’s cause the mode offers so little to keep people interested in it. You can spend 30-60 mins in the mode and you’ve experienced the bulk of the mode. Expecting people to do it for another year or longer is unreasonable.

this is the truth. fix condis’s and add diminishing returns to CC, fix skill lag.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Hmm, I never thought of something like diminishing returns to something like cc, sounds interesting.

in WvW

synergy.5809

Hmm, I never thought of something like diminishing returns to something like cc, sounds interesting.

it makes complete sense, WoW learned to do this years ago because who knew sitting there for 6+ seconds being CC’ed while you can’t do anything isn’t fun after using your 30 second cool down for condi removal/stunbreak.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Obviously this and a few other spots need to be fixed / addressed. But they are not sure yet if gliding will become a perma feature in the game mode, thus fixing and patching it now is quite a waste.

Once they have a commitement to keeping it, then fix it and it will be very nice. But yeah, it does suck in the meanwhile.

Personally I hope they keep gliding, just fix the spots and bugs and provide some additional counterplay to it. Specific stuff vs gliding players. And it will be a lot of fun.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

synergy.5809

Obviously this and a few other spots need to be fixed / addressed. But they are not sure yet if gliding will become a perma feature in the game mode, thus fixing and patching it now is quite a waste.

Once they have a commitement to keeping it, then fix it and it will be very nice. But yeah, it does suck in the meanwhile.

Personally I hope they keep gliding, just fix the spots and bugs and provide some additional counterplay to it. Specific stuff vs gliding players. And it will be a lot of fun.

its been 5 years, and you can still engi jumpshot into hills inner and cap lord. people have been reporting that bug for years. you think introducing gliding anet will fix all the exploits that come with it?