Redlake Lord .. No RI?

Redlake Lord .. No RI?

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Not a match-up thread, accusation of hacking or troll post.
Desolation mob on Desolation borderland, break into JS held Redlake. Gandaran mob follow in. Deso mob hold off Gandara while a few people cap the tower for Deso (it was definitely capped since I bounced off the wall we’d broken, and had to enter the tower through the portal).

The Gandaran’s who had followed through wiped the Deso mob, and downed the Lord to then cap, well within the 5 minute RI period.

Anyone experienced that before? Be handy if any Gandarans present can corroborate.

I think the Gandaran Siegerazer may have been involved .. not sure.
TL;DR – Deso broke wall into JS held Redlake Tower. Gandara follow in while wall still down, Deso cap tower, then Gandara cap same tower very much less then 5 minutes later

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

Redlake Lord .. No RI?

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

We experienced it on IoJ yesterday. The ring stays up and allows you to cap it even if the Lord is still alive, as long as it’s out of the circle of course. Once you flip it, the circle reappears and allows the next group to cap it in a similar fashion.

Redlake Lord .. No RI?

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

We experienced it on IoJ yesterday. The ring stays up and allows you to cap it even if the Lord is still alive, as long as it’s out of the circle of course. Once you flip it, the circle reappears and allows the next group to cap it in a similar fashion.

If you can clear the ring and push the lord out of the circle, you can capture the tower and have the lords duke it out as well. =D

Redlake Lord .. No RI?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It’s some lag that occurs and the game gets confused. Rezz’ed a garri lord outside the circle before the cap and the cap happened anyway.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Redlake Lord .. No RI?

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

One possible scenario is this. Deso kills the Lord, starts to cap. Right after the succesful capture JS resurrects their own Lord. Theres now two Lords in tower, JS and Deso one, JS Lord dies again because he doesn’t have RI, ring pops up. Gandara pulls Deso lord out of the ring and captures the tower.

This happens every now and then because there is roughly 2 seconds before the old lords corpse disappears after the objective gets captured. During this small span you can resurrect the old lord back up and it acts as the lord of the tower even though there is the other teams lord as well.

Also towers don’t seem to care about who owns the tower and which lord dies. If the objectives old lord dies, the ring pops up.

BUT, I have seen Lake tower bug out in other fashions as well. Once there was no Lord at all and the tower was non capturable until next patch.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

Redlake Lord .. No RI?

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

It usually happens when someone tries to banner the lord a smidgen too late. I remember a garrison night where we had 3 lords up, 2 with RI wailing on each other.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

Redlake Lord .. No RI?

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

One possible scenario is this. Deso kills the Lord, starts to cap. Right after the succesful capture JS resurrects their own Lord. Theres now two Lords in tower, JS and Deso one, JS Lord dies again because he doesn’t have RI, ring pops up. Gandara pulls Deso lord out of the ring and captures the tower.

This happens every now and then because there is roughly 2 seconds before the old lords corpse disappears after the objective gets captured. During this small span you can resurrect the old lord back up and it acts as the lord of the tower even though there is the other teams lord as well.

Also towers don’t seem to care about who owns the tower and which lord dies. If the objectives old lord dies, the ring pops up.

BUT, I have seen Lake tower bug out in other fashions as well. Once there was no Lord at all and the tower was non capturable until next patch.

This looks like the likely scenario though I don’t think JS were in the tower to res their Lord. Also, the gap seemed too long to be the case of the Lord’s body being around. But it may have been (I was outside when the 2nd cap (Gandara’s) happened.

And yea .. Deso benefited for 24 hours (maybe more) for the Lord in Redlake deciding to go off on holiday when we had the tower. Sad for the opponents but kind of hilarious.

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)