Reduce random matchups to every other week

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Now that we’ve had several weeks of adjustment via random variation to the normal ratings, it has shaken up more properly some of the stale rankings that were created by the old locked in system.

But we really don’t need this every week, as it is depriving servers of more interesting and competitive matches that would be legitimately well balanced, as now every week you get someone moving up too far and getting stomped (KN) or a few other servers getting a free ride down a tier or two for easy victories.

The random additions to server’s rankings should happen only every other week at most, maybe even less than that. Rest of the time go back to straight order.

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

It isn’t about win and loss anymore its about rating

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Probably the dice should be changed from uniform- to normal- or gaussian-distribution rolls, i.e. closer rolls are more likely, instead of every roll is equally likely.

But I really like the friday evening suspense of waiting for the new match-up being rolled. This in it’s own is a nice improvement of the game!

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

Most of time it is BG, SOR and JQ, nothing really new

in WvW

Posted by: krijgsheer.9624

krijgsheer.9624

The matchup system is really not working. The random is way too big. FSP is now against two really low servers for wvw , we cann’t do much, except on EB borderlands and that map has such a long queu now.
Few weeks ago we were against much stronger servers and we were wiped on some borderlands.

FSP

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Now that we’ve had several weeks of adjustment via random variation to the normal ratings, it has shaken up more properly some of the stale rankings that were created by the old locked in system.

But we really don’t need this every week, as it is depriving servers of more interesting and competitive matches that would be legitimately well balanced, as now every week you get someone moving up too far and getting stomped (KN) or a few other servers getting a free ride down a tier or two for easy victories.

The random additions to server’s rankings should happen only every other week at most, maybe even less than that. Rest of the time go back to straight order.

I think it is a very good idea.This was something I was actually thinking of a couple of days ago.

It combines the best of both systems. One week you are guaranteed a matchup with your closest ranked competitors. The next week is a random matchup which guarantees some variety.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: morastarna.6294

morastarna.6294

JQ-SOR-BG have been against each other, minus one week for going on 3 months probably more. Its getting old and clearly ANET does not give a crap.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

Yea random matches….

SOS got TC 4 out of the 5 weeks since this dumb random matches started. People are getting tired of facing these over stack servers that only know how to send 100 people to stack might, pop veil to take a camp defended by 0- 5 people and yet when they are found by themselves run for dear life because they only know how to zerg.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

in WvW

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

Matchup system is terrible. They should manually adjust things.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

JQ-SOR-BG have been against each other, minus one week for going on 3 months probably more. Its getting old and clearly ANET does not give a crap.

who would u like to face?? lets be honest NO other server has a shot against the 3 of us. If you wanna face someone else best thing to do would be xfer off

i feel bad for tc db fa sos mag and every other server in that mix

TC has only 2 maybe 3 servers that would give them a good fight and thats DB FA and JQ, the rest they would destroy OR if they faced sor and bg they would be destoryed there stuck in a bad spot

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

anet needs to take a real look at this system its really making like 2 good matchups and the rest r crap

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in WvW

Posted by: Bedstain.6735

Bedstain.6735

Yes put JQ, SoR, and BG in tiers 6,7,8. It would be great mobility training with theory crafting for a whole week.

Blackgate Elementalist….woohoo!
{{80 ele Soap 80 engi Flush}}

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Most of time it is BG, SOR and JQ, nothing really new

That’s true and i would love to give TC a try in tier1. I mean DB did and would love to see TC give a go at it.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: Pittstonjoma.1659

Pittstonjoma.1659

I like the random matchups better, but it’s hard to get to know another server’s tactics. I think reducing the frequency of the random rolls would be better for this reason. BTW I love the matchup for SF this week. It’s been the most fun I’ve had in WvW in a while.

GW1 – Joma Pitdragon