Regarding consumables in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: xTiMeBoMBx.2863

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

I think a majority of fair played and skilled guilds/players across all servers are fed up with items such as gears and skelk venom being used in wvw. I just thought some sort of comment from an Anet official would be very much appreciated because those things are becoming a huge problem. No skilled players are just spamming gears especially thieves because the item scale to the damage of the player when thrown. W/o using their hand weapons, a thief can spam this on their target to death. It is game breaking.

in WvW

Posted by: Daoshi.7618

Daoshi.7618

I’m sure they know this. Either get on the bandwagon and use them yourself or accept this as a fact of w3 life until a change does come.

[SWaG] [ME] Xïü / Xïu / Xiezhi The Immortal
Human Warrior / Asura Guardian ( SPvP / TPvP r40 ) / Charr Guardian
Maguuma

in WvW

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

I’m sure they know this. Either get on the bandwagon and use them yourself or accept this as a fact of w3 life until a change does come.

yes zerg v zerg spamming gears. that sounds so fun… not. i think those w/o any sense of skills would subject to using gears. i agree with you there.

in WvW

Posted by: Daoshi.7618

Daoshi.7618

I don’t condone the use of nor use gears myself. Either you take a stand or join in. Up to you until a fix does come.

[SWaG] [ME] Xïü / Xïu / Xiezhi The Immortal
Human Warrior / Asura Guardian ( SPvP / TPvP r40 ) / Charr Guardian
Maguuma

in WvW

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

I don’t condone the use of nor use gears myself. Either you take a stand or join in. Up to you until a fix does come.

yeh I’ve been scouting the forum for some sort of official statement about it so was just wishing to get some comments from them.

in WvW

Posted by: Isesia.8437

Isesia.8437

Best way to get any comment on this or to do something about anything is to do something like this I say, but with the gears….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLmOVFk63-Q

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Anet doesn’t say anything….

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Anet doesn’t say anything….

We have had creepy silence for some time now.
Perhaps they are down with the Harlem shakes.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

I’m not sure why they thought an item with a Stun and NO cooldown, was a good idea. They’re OP in PvE too, get a group of 5 ppl an you can kill any boss easy as they rip right thru anythign with less then 5-10 stacks of defiant

Can you edit the title? I like consumables in WvW, they’re fun, especially quaggan tonics. Really only need to remove Gears, Skale Venom, an Planks. (Couple other items with silly effects that arn’t as popular I don’t care to look up atm>~<).

tl;dr Anet remove gears, these are horribly designed and un-fun.; ;.

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Surprised you didnt break your keyboard throwing a gear at it as you typed this….The gears are dumb in WvW, can’t tell you how many groups I have run across (so far all from ET server) with 2-3 dedicated gear spammers….and sometimes these groups are 6-7 people only…So its not like its 1-2 people just being nooby/trollish….You cant honestly tell me anet designed the game this way when basically your only option is to take a utility skill to break stun with a 20 second cd, to counter an infinite stun used by a group…..

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

I just hope Anet could just comment in this thread or at least create their own thread addressing the issue. Just show the community that they are aware of it rather than staying silent. These items are so out of place especially gears because they scale to the player’s damage. A glass cannon thief spamming these while chaining stealth can wipe a party of 5 in a few seconds. Then to have a few people in a zerg spamming gears is just a ridiculous issue to neglect because all stability, invulnerability, block and reflect skills have such a long cooldown. All consumables bought from npc merchants should be disabled from wvw and only those you can currently craft are allowed.

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

There is probably some sort of official word on this in some obscure tweet somewhere… sigh

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

If anything this disruptive slipped into sPVP, Anet would pull the servers down immediately for an emergency patch once it came to their attention. WvW is always on the backburner, it takes months to fix the most obvious and simplest issues.

in WvW

Laii.2780

If anything this disruptive slipped into sPVP, Anet would pull the servers down immediately for an emergency patch once it came to their attention. WvW is always on the backburner, it takes months to fix the most obvious and simplest issues.

Its broken for PvE too, just the PvE people don’t catch on to stuff like this, this quick apparently :>

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

It’s broken in PvE, but the foes, being simple AI, don’t know how to post in the official forums. I’ll request that AI gets rights to point out the injustice, too.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

dont forget the peg leg and spike fruit.Feedback works great with spike fruit and gear as it bounces back and hits them instead of u(hillarious to watch btw).our guild does refuse to use them though.I’d rather win a battle with my skills than attack with cheap little tactics.I don’t think that a skilled player will use this.

I am sure Anet will put a stop to that and i know a lot of people are getting frustrated and impatient. I personally try to look forward to future changes and people lets face it wvw is a very very big part of GW2, but thats why it is really hard to change everything right away. there is a huge amount of players on the same map,that is not even closely as big as a pve map.im sure they know that there is tons of stuff to be fixed and updated.
I also think that they didn’t expect such massive zergs so fast and the demand is very very high. I have had a lot of impatient moments myself, but as i know about programming…wvw is way more complex than all the pve.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Laii.2780

It’s broken in PvE, but the foes, being simple AI, don’t know how to post in the official forums. I’ll request that AI gets rights to point out the injustice, too.

<3

in WvW

Posted by: Matt Witter.6982

Matt Witter.6982

Game Designer

Next

A lot of bundle items have been turned off while within WvW since launch. If you think you’ve found a bundle item that should be added to that list feel free to post it in this thread, send me a PM, or send in a bug and someone from the team will look into it.

Gears, Skale Venom and Spikeroot Fruit have been removed, but you wont see the changes until the next build.

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Awh Skale Venom! I actually thought that one was awesome when everyone on both sides of a battle used it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Thanks for removing those, the Gears in particular!

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

please reactivate harpy pheramones I’d like to throw hearts at people. k thx.

in WvW

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

A lot of bundle items have been turned off while within WvW since launch. If you think you’ve found a bundle item that should be added to that list feel free to post it in this thread, send me a PM, or send in a bug and someone from the team will look into it.

Gears, Skale Venom and Spikeroot Fruit have been removed, but you wont see the changes until the next build.

well done, thanks for the update

in WvW

Posted by: Jasmine Salina.3609

Jasmine Salina.3609

I don’t suppose you could remove the Pirate Peg Leg consumable as well from WvW?

|Seer – Elementalist|

|KnT | BG|

in WvW

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

while wvw is supposed to be imba fun, it’s nice to see the worst offenders removed :p Maybe put a short cooldown on gears in pve too (20s) since these consumables are quite finicky to use until a consumable action bar gets added

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in WvW

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

Thanks for the quick fix.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

while wvw is supposed to be imba fun, it’s nice to see the worst offenders removed :p Maybe put a short cooldown on gears in pve too (20s) since these consumables are quite finicky to use until a consumable action bar gets added

I tried teh spikeroot fruit and it now only has 1 charge before disappearing in PvE. I had seen someone spam it in WvW so looks like changes were made to nerf it in PvE too.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Matt Witter.6982

Previous

Matt Witter.6982

Game Designer

I don’t suppose you could remove the Pirate Peg Leg consumable as well from WvW?

Done! Thanks for letting us know.

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Done! Thanks for letting us know.

Don’t remove these Anet, they are the best thing in this game and I mean the BEST. This one item has made me cry laughing. It’s so good for my health so please let them be.

in WvW

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

i always see thiefs throw down some item that spouts a tree when they start losing and run away from me, what is this and please remove it

in WvW

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

i always see thiefs throw down some item that spouts a tree when they start losing and run away from me, what is this and please remove it

You must be a Ranger. That’s the ability they steal from you. It plants a tree, gives regeneration, and I think removes a condition. Kind of like a gimped Healing Spring.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

in WvW

Stiv.1820

This is a troll post or..

Hahahahhahaahahahahahahahaha

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

You must be a Ranger. That’s the ability they steal from you. It plants a tree, gives regeneration, and I think removes a condition. Kind of like a gimped Healing Spring.

There is a consumable that casts this same skill. Was it already disabled in WvW?

Edit – Nevermind. I found the answer to my own question, which was, yes it is!

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Rez.2578

Rez.2578

Scale Venom is just another consumable like food, why disable it with stuff like Gears.

Rezz[Invi]

in WvW

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

How do you find out about consumables O_o there are so many I’ve never heard of

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in WvW

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Sweet. this is very good news

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Scale Venom is just another consumable like food, why disable it with stuff like Gears.

Admittedly being someone who uses Skale Venom, it is pretty overpowered. Weakness and Vulnerability are both very underrated conditions. Especially weakness(the less endurance regeneration part).

And the major issue is that not everyone can use it, unlike food buffs. Skale Venom is bugged on many of the weapons and doesn’t work for them, it basically only works on melee weapons.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Donner.6293

Donner.6293

If you think you’ve found a bundle item that should be added to that list feel free to post it in this thread, send me a PM, or send in a bug and someone from the team will look into it.

I don’t really expect an answer but I’m probably not the only one wondering about this:
Why don’t you just have a person go through all existing bundles and set the no-wvw-flag on anything but bundles with visual effects only? It can’t be that hard to build a list of all existing bundles in your game, can it?

in WvW

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Might I suggest a global offensive consumable cooldown? When one consumable is used, all of them are disabled for about a minute. Then you can have interesting consumables but nobody gets cheesed to death by fruit stunlock.

Plz and thank you

in WvW

Posted by: Thor.1756

Thor.1756

Can we get all those blue norn buffs that provide a bunch of additional stats removed as well?

Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

If you think you’ve found a bundle item that should be added to that list feel free to post it in this thread, send me a PM, or send in a bug and someone from the team will look into it.

I don’t really expect an answer but I’m probably not the only one wondering about this:
Why don’t you just have a person go through all existing bundles and set the no-wvw-flag on anything but bundles with visual effects only? It can’t be that hard to build a list of all existing bundles in your game, can it?

You’re not the only one wondering about this and you’re not the only not expecting an answer. I find it laughable that ANet has to ask players which consumables may not be appropriate for WvW.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Stiv.1820

You’re not the only one wondering about this and you’re not the only not expecting an answer. I find it laughable that ANet has to ask players which consumables may not be appropriate for WvW.

It’s also laughable that one poster can mention one and get it banned. Why? Because they got planked once while downed and were stomped because of it? All or nothing IMO or use judgement to ban the really OP ones like Gears and Kits.

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

It’s also laughable that one poster can mention one and get it banned. Why? Because they got planked once while downed and were stomped because of it? All or nothing IMO or use judgement to ban the really OP ones like Gears and Kits.

It is even funnier that the WvW tier 8 threads have gotten 0 developer comments.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Someone is listening, thanks ArenaNet.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: nekos.2584

nekos.2584

Hopefully this will quiet down the “Anet doesn’t listen or care” crowd… well I can always hope.

Oh please. One of the developers got owned by some one using some of these consumables and rage nerfed them…

Anyways, Why doesn’t Anet just remove all consumables from WvW ? Personally i hate them all and think they have no place in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Jasmine Salina.3609

Jasmine Salina.3609

Anyways, Why doesn’t Anet just remove all consumables from WvW ? Personally i hate them all and think they have no place in WvW.

I agree. The only consumables that should be allowed in WvW are food and potions. All other cons should be disabled for WvW.

|Seer – Elementalist|

|KnT | BG|

in WvW

nekos.2584

I agree. The only consumables that should be allowed in WvW are food and potions. All other cons should be disabled for WvW.

I’m not a fan of any of the consumables, even food and potions, in WvW. That’s just my opinion though. Foods and potions are not exactly game breaking or anything. Not like Gears and spike root fruit or what ever they are called.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Food and potions can be created using mats from wvw. Although some of the mats are exceedingly rare in WvW.

Consumables usually only can be obtained by doing PvE events, and arnt balanced for WvW.

I do think balanced consumables should be allowed. And fun consumables, like fireworks. Scale Venom, spike fruit, gears weren’t balanced.

Nekos, you wouldn’t ban fireworks would you? A lot of people like to use fireworks in wvw during fun events, like the dolyak parades

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This, bloody ridiculous.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

nekos.2584

Food and potions can be created using mats from wvw. Although some of the mats are exceedingly rare in WvW.

Consumables usually only can be obtained by doing PvE events, and arnt balanced for WvW.

I do think balanced consumables should be allowed. And fun consumables, like fireworks. Scale Venom, spike fruit, gears weren’t balanced.

Nekos, you wouldn’t ban fireworks would you? A lot of people like to use fireworks in wvw during fun events, like the dolyak parades

No i wouldn’t ban those but they don’t give any advantage in WvW where as food does. Some people make builds based in part around the foods / consumables they use.

I really don’t care either way though. I’m not a fan of consumables in WvW but there are many many more important things to address concerning WvW. The debate on stat food can wait in my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

Because Skale Venom is OP in 1v1, group, or zerg battle.

Its a consumable that gives 2 conditions that has no cooldown.

Guardians dont even get those conditions normally, not to mention if you AoE, suddenly everyone is stacked with it.

It makes sense in PvE for Dungeons and stuff, that can really help. But in duels, fights, w/e, Food + Oil is all you need.

If your relying on skale venom for conditions that you wouldnt normally get…. You’re a Baddie. End of story. Use Food + Oil and take a little time to theorycraft some stats advantages out. You’ll be a better player in the end for it.

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]