Regarding consumables in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Scale Venom is just another consumable like food, why disable it with stuff like Gears.

Well if you can craft it or buy from tp, then it’s just another consumable like food.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Jarettellis.7813

Jarettellis.7813

I can understand the gears, and spikefruit. Never had it happen to me, or anyone around me, but i can see the ways you could exploit it for lawls/unfair advantage.

Okay im not trolling for this next part, or advocating it heavily because i use it on one character, but: why really remove Skale Venom?

I understand Weakness+vulnerability are pretty powerful tools. Offensively and defensively. Kind of sucks something gets removed because someone/numerous people abuse it. Or people whine enough and it gets removed.

Not trying to get an infraction, just wondering why?

Vikings with Attitude (Zerk)

in WvW

Posted by: Incomingray.8075

Incomingray.8075

I can understand the gears, and spikefruit. Never had it happen to me, or anyone around me, but i can see the ways you could exploit it for lawls/unfair advantage.

Okay im not trolling for this next part, or advocating it heavily because i use it on one character, but: why really remove Skale Venom?

I understand Weakness+vulnerability are pretty powerful tools. Offensively and defensively. Kind of sucks something gets removed because someone/numerous people abuse it. Or people whine enough and it gets removed.

Not trying to get an infraction, just wondering why?

IMHO firstly alot of people don’t know about it/dont have it in general.. something like food everyone knows all about and is easily accessed, not that scale venom is hard to get.

Secondly why do people even want to feel obliged to use another consumable every 10 minutes? I find it annoying, i’m a competetive player so I try to remember but often don’t, looking forward to using it all up in fractals instead.

Most of all for me large groups already have a huge advantage vs small groups like how I play, why should they all get these extra bonus super effective conditions stacking on us by doing nothing but double clicking an annoying lowbie consumable every 10 minutes that cost a few copper, scale venom may not seem like a big deal in a 1v1 but when 20 people are on you it’s a big deal.

good riddance to all these consumables, should be about your traits/gear/skill/food choices thats enough..

in WvW

Posted by: Rhoda.1654

Rhoda.1654

Scale Venom is just another consumable like food, why disable it with stuff like Gears.

As long as Scale Venom doesn’t compete with another consumable (i.e. like oil competes with tuning crystal and sharpening stone), it should not be in the game. It’s some tedious job to get just to have it. Consumables that compete with other consumables have trade-offs and more game-play around maximising your build.
It would be nice if scale venom could be nerfed for wvw and add different venoms that do not stack with it. But that requires more work for little additional game-play (if at all), so I don’t think that is needed.

in WvW

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Remove all the stupid stuff you need to buy off a npc character to use and increase food and nourishment duration time to atleast 1 hour!

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

I believe there is a plank consumable that serves the same function as the Peg Leg?

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Don’t forget this one too:

Plank – spammable knockback

(edited by Mada.5319)

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I am a Skale Venom addict (not a gears/fruit user). However, I am glad to see it go as it wasn’t truly balanced (most people don’t know about it, compared to food/utility nourishment). Also, I am glad I will no longer have to click it every 10 min / downed / zone change.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

If you think you’ve found a bundle item that should be added to that list feel free to post it in this thread, send me a PM, or send in a bug and someone from the team will look into it.

I don’t really expect an answer but I’m probably not the only one wondering about this:
Why don’t you just have a person go through all existing bundles and set the no-wvw-flag on anything but bundles with visual effects only? It can’t be that hard to build a list of all existing bundles in your game, can it?

You’re not the only one wondering about this and you’re not the only not expecting an answer. I find it laughable that ANet has to ask players which consumables may not be appropriate for WvW.

Yes! It is funny for a software company to ask their user base for feedback. I am so glad most other MMOs don’t do that. <sarcasm>

I love how users get exactly what they want and still find a way to complain about it.

ANet isn’t asking players for feedback … they’re asking players how their own game works. And yes, that is pretty laughable.

By the way, how many other bits of WvW feedback has Anet actually done anything about in the six months since launch? I think I could probably count them on the fingers of one hand. Go ahead … prove me wrong.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Spiky Fruit- sure, Gears- sure, Skale Venom- meh. But peg legs? They can’t be spammed; has a cool down and doesn’t keep the target in one position. Very fun and very useful consumable in a lot of situations.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in WvW

Posted by: Angelz Fire.9072

Angelz Fire.9072

Can you also look into disabling town clothes/costumes and transmutation tonics? These items have no place in pvp/wvw, and were unusable in gw1. The worst is getting feared off buildings/cliffs by teammates using mad king outfit or watching enemy turn into certain creatures for speed or size in order to run or hide in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

The only things I actually care about are the peg legs, and that’s just because I think it’s funny to use them while in Plush Griffon form to freak people out.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Sajuuk.6420

Sajuuk.6420

The day they remove peg legs is the day jumping puzzle camping gets lame.. i dont want to kill anyone in the jumping puzzle.. i just want to know them off so they have to do it all over again.. its no fun to kill people for no reason! ( unless they die to fall dmg that is then you can lol about it :P )

The Angry Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

This is ridiculous. Peg leg is not OP.

Plz nerf tonics because they mask what class the enemy is until it’s too late. Wtf

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

Why remove them? a simple 60 sec CD on every consumable would do the trick nicely. It gives you an edge but you got to us it like your elite skill, at the right moment.

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Peg legs are balanced, have a CD, making them in no way spammable, nor OP.

in WvW

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

The kittening about consumables drives me nuts. Upset that people are using gears in WvW? Go buy some gears then…… It is an item that is available to all players? Should I be stigmatized for using Skale Venom because you are too kittening lazy to go get it yourself?

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Here’s the easiest way to fix the problem. If you’re in combat mode, no consumables can be used. There, problem fixed.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Air.6452

Here’s the easiest way to fix the problem. If you’re in combat mode, no consumables can be used. There, problem fixed.

Probably the best approach.

Alternatively, introduce a cool down to consumables. (Gear can only be consumed every 1-2 minutes; Skale venom can only be consumed every 5 minutes; etc)

Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

in WvW

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I hope that after removing the consumables they implement some env. weapons on WvW. Boulders around quary, planks around lumbermill, etc..

Maybe hyleks can give you poison buff for 10min and so on…

The main problem with bundles seems to be how easy it is to spam it or to have a lot of people using in a group. If you have just a env. weapon, it takes time to pick up, cant be spammed or used by 10+ people at the same time, but still provides some tactical use and “fun”.

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I hope that after removing the consumables they implement some env. weapons on WvW. Boulders around quary, planks around lumbermill, etc..

The main problem with bundles seems to be how easy it is to spam it or to have a lot of people using in a group. If you have just a env. weapon, it takes time to pick up, cant be spammed or used by 10+ people at the same time, but still provides some tactical use and “fun”.

OR … The class mechanics could be fun.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Indeed… There are some boulders on the EBJP which i’m sure they are there for knocking down people standing at the trap chains. Some of those weapons around the map would add a “tactical change” and since they are limited they wouldn’t get as OP as consumables you can buy 200 for 30silver.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

OR … The class mechanics could be fun.

Agreed. Buff engineer so all his junk doesn’t suck so hard and you have a deal.

Until then, don’t nerf freakin peg leg.

Put big cooldowns on everything. Don’t outlaw fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Haduis.7362

Haduis.7362

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yay ty Anet!no more stunned to death

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Please don’t get rid of Peg Legs, just put a higher cooldown on it!

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Skale venom can only be consumed every 5 minutes

It lasts 10 minutes and isn’t removable, sense?

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The day they remove peg legs is the day jumping puzzle camping gets lame..

Camping the jumping puzzle is already lame. This is guild wars, not puzzle wars.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Skale Venom … have been removed

You only ruins this game.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

How does that ruin the game

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

It was something about knowledge of the game: you know something, you are using it and you have profit.

But seems like they want to make WvW with sPVP rules - all are equals.
And this is sucks.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: Franke.8147

Franke.8147

The peg leg gives the ability to do knockback at melee range. The only issue I can see with this is if your opponent is stationary. This is a mobile game. When you try to quickly follow the plank up with another plank, it has a cooldown longer than the knockdown effect: You can dodge out of the way. Cliff faces become interesting as battles can turn into what is essentially a spanish bullfight tricking others into getting too close to a cliff. Although I am completely in favor of removing consumables that are essentially a spammable win button, “The Peg Leg” does not fall in this category due to medium cooldown and the skillful movement required to line up the attack.

“Your Driver” – Guardian
“Who Mustnotbe Named” – Thief
Angry Intent [AI] Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Please remove tonics and transmorph items as well, since they give you an unfair disadvantage, because when you are transmorphed, you can’t fight and if you’re colored with tonics, the enemy can spot you much more easily and kill you quickly.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

ANET, why disable everything. In WvW, I think there should be a simple rule:

1. If it changes your skill bar, disable it (golem, gears, etc)
2. If it is a passive ability, leave it (venom, etc)

Why? It doesn’t change the core gameplay and everyone has access to it if they want. It’s no different than any other food.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

4 second recharge, breaks plank.

Not spammable.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

ANET, why disable everything. In WvW, I think there should be a simple rule:

1. If it changes your skill bar, disable it (golem, gears, etc)
2. If it is a passive ability, leave it (venom, etc)

Why? It doesn’t change the core gameplay and everyone has access to it if they want. It’s no different than any other food.

Skale venom I have to go into PvE to attain. Food consumeables I do not, I can get them off the TP I can get their raw materials in WvW and craft it in WvW.

Also what is wrong with fireworks? I like fireworks.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

I don’t suppose you could remove the Pirate Peg Leg consumable as well from WvW?

Done! Thanks for letting us know.

Please remove Plank too, it is sold literally 2ft away from the Gears vendor and also has a knockback with no cooldown^^. Also TYVM for removing gears an scale form wuv wuv~

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

4 second recharge, breaks plank.

Not spammable.

4 seconds recharge? That’s about the time it takes for your target to be knocked back and to get up, ready for the next one.
Breaks plank? Get another out.

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

Might as well go ahead and disable Plank and Rock that you get from the skritt as well. These will be the next ones.

With the Rock, a group of 5 players can perma k/d 5 other players, it isn’t as bad as the gear but I would assume that someone would exploit these as well.

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in WvW

Posted by: Ruzzo.7425

Ruzzo.7425

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Broken_Prison_Bar

- 4 second stun, no cooldown use

in WvW

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

How does that ruin the game

getting hit for 25% more damage? how does that not ruin the game? I take it you don’t play against organized groups, mark a kill target and all hit it for 25% more. plus it allows debuff protection by adding two covers

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Just throwing in my opinion, I don’t even get why Consumable are in WvW to begin with….

in WvW

Posted by: HackerTeivospy.2031

HackerTeivospy.2031

idc about food at least theres a choice and lets you customize your build further, but bundles just make it so your build takes a backseat to the bundle.

if consumables remain active in wpvp wpvp will be just as much as a joke as spvp

Zergs throwing gears at other zergs, real high level play

learn to speak and behave

in WvW

Posted by: Eclipses.7152

Eclipses.7152

Hopefully this will quiet down the “Anet doesn’t listen or care” crowd… well I can always hope.

Because they’re removing content FROM WvW?

Seriously?

Eclipses
The Royal Guard – http://theroyalguardclan.enjin.com
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

When is the next build coming up? I am in Euro tier #1 and I constantly see enemy players using these consumables, mainly skale venom, which were supposed to be removed.

Why to keep players waiting? Anet, do things faster, because such minor thing like removing few consumables from WvWvW surely cannot be a huge technical feat.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Baelnorn.5710

Baelnorn.5710

A lot of bundle items have been turned off while within WvW since launch. If you think you’ve found a bundle item that should be added to that list feel free to post it in this thread, send me a PM, or send in a bug and someone from the team will look into it.

Gears, Skale Venom and Spikeroot Fruit have been removed, but you wont see the changes until the next build.

Just an idea: couldn’t you just disable consumables globally in wvw and instead put in an NPC which grants specific buffs for a small fee?

This would instantly put an end to any and all consumable shenanigans going on (and we both know sooner or later people will something else which is broken in the context of wvw) and also remove some of the more… well… creative builds (aka. crit fishers using buff food that grants heal on critical hits without cooldown).

in WvW

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

ok time to let us all run around in our undergarments waving rubber chickens at each other

in WvW

Air.6452

Skale venom can only be consumed every 5 minutes

It lasts 10 minutes and isn’t removable, sense?

Obviously you don’t use it. It doesn’t persist through downstate, much like a sigil stack.

Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

When is the next build coming up? I am in Euro tier #1 and I constantly see enemy players using these consumables, mainly skale venom, which were supposed to be removed.

Why to keep players waiting? Anet, do things faster, because such minor thing like removing few consumables from WvWvW surely cannot be a huge technical feat.

New builds are usually released on Monday nights (EST).

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Polonium.4725

Polonium.4725

You should remove the 4 norn offerings (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Snow_Leopard_Offering, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raven_Offering, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bear_Offering, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wolf_Offering).
They are not much, but right now in WvW, I have to get my food, my utilities, my skale venom and 4 offerings. It is just a pain in the kitten to get everything!