Relax the full status on worlds

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

There’s 10 full NA worlds and 11 full EU worlds with only 3 and 2 on Medium respectively.

I think it’s time to either expand the number of tiers, or relax the population requirements to reach full on worlds a bit, especially with expac coming up

Servers like Blackgate and Jade Quarry will probably still remain full, but it’s pretty clear that a lot of servers can’t match those two in particular, even when they’re both on full status.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

There’s 10 full NA worlds and 11 full EU worlds with only 3 and 2 on Medium respectively.

I think it’s time to either expand the number of tiers,

Yes. De-link some of the link servers and let them regain their identity as Hosts if we aren’t going to balance with any other method.

or relax the population requirements to reach full on worlds a bit, especially with expac coming up

Please no. If anything, please lower the map caps to lessen the lag and discourage humongous, thoughtless ktraining, scourgeous blobs posing as combative groups.

Servers who are full, should remain full until the population spreads out to relieve the pain, or until increases of incoming new players from the Expac fill the existing OPEN servers.

Fixed that for you.

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Ruq.5396

Ruq.5396

I think some of these designations are based on the upcoming expansion, however I agree.

Tarnished Coast, for instance is considered full and is at the bottom of the barrel for WvW currently. There needs to be some rebalancing of server populations and it starts with allowing people to move servers without paying a Very High gem fee.

Commander Ruq
Guild Leader, Commander – Dissentient [DIS]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

It must be one of those “you don’t know what we know” situations, but the perception in the field is that something is wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I think some of these designations are based on the upcoming expansion, however I agree.

Tarnished Coast, for instance is considered full and is at the bottom of the barrel for WvW currently. There needs to be some rebalancing of server populations and it starts with allowing people to move servers without paying a Very High gem fee.

Nah, people should still pay a gem fee to move

but

TC being at the bottom while still being full is my point. There’s such a gigantic divide between the top “full” servers and the mid/bottom “full” servers.

Heck, there’s a huge difference even between say, SBI and TC, despite both of us being marked as “full”.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

a competitive server has commanders. =) people may discount how important these guys are but a full server with a commander will go up vs those without regular ones.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Ruq.5396

Ruq.5396

Nah, people should still pay a gem fee to move

but

TC being at the bottom while still being full is my point. There’s such a gigantic divide between the top “full” servers and the mid/bottom “full” servers.

Heck, there’s a huge difference even between say, SBI and TC, despite both of us being marked as “full”.

I didn’t say do away with the gem fee, I said paying a “Very High” status server gem fee transfer for a server like Tarnished Coast is absurd.

Although I completely agree with what you’ve said. The various “Full” servers are drastically different in population and shouldn’t be lumped together.

Commander Ruq
Guild Leader, Commander – Dissentient [DIS]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Just reopen all the servers for a week, lower the map caps by another 5-10.
If people want to transfer up into queues then so be it.

“Winning” is quite meaningless these days, as all the rewards you get are from just playing the week for participation.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

But opening servers and lowering map caps would simply explode the queues. We have already queues in every map, could take 15-20 minutes to even enter WvW. Why would you want to make players wait for 3 hours just to play WvW?

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

But opening servers and lowering map caps would simply explode the queues. We have already queues in every map, could take 15-20 minutes to even enter WvW. Why would you want to make players wait for 3 hours just to play WvW?

Sure, if every day resembled reset night, which it does not.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Mostly its coverage problems and how easy the maps are easy to ktrain witch what is happening , it feels like ANet pairs servers with same coverage timezone, but on match each color/faction/side ktrains at diferent times.

Something feels messy, its either get blobbed or blob the others with one massive groups.
And after one of the server papers everything each strucure takes arround 30sec to take..,

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

Mostly its coverage problems, it feels like ANet pairs servers with same coverage timezone, but on match each color/faction/side ktrains at diferent times.

Something feels messy, its either get outmaned 1 blob or blob the others..

Because they don’t look at coverage but total activity of the server when linking servers. Trying to match servers by activity and coverage would promote even more lopsided links, since the off hours players like to stack on a couple servers in the first place. Maybe if the community had allowed them to create more smaller worlds to have more pieces for links they could have made it work with that.

There’s no reasonable way for them to match every link and every server in tiers by exact coverage and activity and even language for the EU side.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Translation: “I’m on an overstacked server. Everything is fine.”

Yesterday I was on EBG and was outmanned. You should move to a lower tier to see what WvW is like for most other players.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I believe devs goal is to get servers full asap so new populations will flow to the bottom servers. Sound great on paper but this method has been tried over and over in pvp mmorpg and always don’t have the desirable result.s

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: dagneyandleo.6378

dagneyandleo.6378

Please no. If anything, please lower the map caps to lessen the lag and discourage humongous, thoughtless , ktraining, scourgeous scurrilous blobs posing as combative groups.

Fixed that for you.

[KnT] Blackgate
Lythereal Fields, lvl 80 mesmer, Lythiele, lvl 80 ele, and Lythigrr, lvl 80 guard

(edited by dagneyandleo.6378)

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

For real, I’m just trying to kittening play with my friends. If Arenanet literally won’t let me because some kitten thought of this lazy “solution” to WvW population problems, then kitten your game, it’s not worth anyone’s time.

From balance to game mode administration (PvP and WvW are in the kittenter), does Arenanet EVER EVER EVER EVER do anything right?

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Its not population that’s the issue if you’re having trouble matching numbers. Its the community.

Stop trying to win all maps against servers like BG and just make 1 guild strong/big enough able to carry one map where all you guys willing to join voice comms can go.
If your server is full, you have enough people to fill map and if it’s not happening, transfer or toss your current community leaders/commanders out of window and make a new independent guild that does things differently, might end up being scourned by existing community at start, but as long as you remain nice and fun, you will soon be center of the server and be able to fill map. Notice this is not possible without experienced players, decent commander, being loud on teamchat and being open to all pugs.

Eu has simple system: Vabbi has Ez, Riverside has SIDE, Piken has SALT, SFR has AmP, FSP has Kill, Desolation has LOOK. These are the guilds that run the “strong” openraids 60+ man blobs 12+ hours a week and everyone knows it.
Just look at http://mos.millenium.org/ and do any of these server get farmed in their matchups? No, because open raid guilds carry server, 1 strong map leads to another map doing better and domino effect begins. And strong open guilds and players stay interested because there’s competition on other servers.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

(edited by Threather.9354)

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Yesterday I was on EBG and was outmanned. You should move to a lower tier to see what WvW is like for most other players.

I am in lowest tier server (tagged as Medium). We have been linked this week to another bigger server (full) and placed in EU Tier 3. There are queues in EVERY map in EVERY day during primetime. There are obviously no queues after people go to sleep.

And we spent hour yesterday during Guild raid as Outmanned too. Any server can find some timeframe at some map when they are outmanned. Even if you relax the population status and let twice as many move into full servers, they ALL still want to play at exact same time too, making queues at prime time twice as long.

I honestly do not believe MOST WvW players are playing in last tier, fairly sure most players are still in the full servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Zhuul.1759

Zhuul.1759

I think it’s time to either expand the number of tiers.

“If we don’t do anything, we can’t do anything wrong.”
Gaile Gray

Yes we can Great again

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I’m on TC. I finish diamond on this account (my main) Saturday night/Sunday afternoon. I then log my second TC account and finish diamond before Tuesday night. Second account goes so much faster cause it is almost entirely outmanned. I only play on EBG.
I could easily finish my third TC account before reset, but usually log back on to my necro just for wvw ranks.

The numbers being fielded by other servers across all the borderlands, isn’t even close to similar for servers that are each marked as full.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

Its not population that’s the issue if you’re having trouble matching numbers. Its the community.

Stop trying to win all maps against servers like BG and just make 1 guild strong/big enough able to carry one map where all you guys willing to join voice comms can go.
If your server is full, you have enough people to fill map and if it’s not happening, transfer or toss your current community leaders/commanders out of window and make a new independent guild that does things differently, might end up being scourned by existing community at start, but as long as you remain nice and fun, you will soon be center of the server and be able to fill map. Notice this is not possible without experienced players, decent commander, being loud on teamchat and being open to all pugs.

Eu has simple system: Vabbi has Ez, Riverside has SIDE, Piken has SALT, SFR has AmP, FSP has Kill, Desolation has LOOK. These are the guilds that run the “strong” openraids 60+ man blobs 12+ hours a week and everyone knows it.
Just look at http://mos.millenium.org/ and do any of these server get farmed in their matchups? No, because open raid guilds carry server, 1 strong map leads to another map doing better and domino effect begins. And strong open guilds and players stay interested because there’s competition on other servers.

thats difference between eu and na.
in na guilds dont do open raid and even if they do they hide in their own guild channel or private ts/discord. and people in guilds only play wvw when their guild is raiding. they never join the pug blob.
so pugs dont learn to run proper builds, join guilds, use ts etc
thats why community guilds dont exist on na. when they try, no one joins.