Relink servers on 24th

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Dont lock the servers are shouldn’t be “full” every host server in t2-4 are nothing close being full besides DB?

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Sweet Sanity.8593

Sweet Sanity.8593

Tyler himself said servers are not locked. They are literally full. I’ve had no problem transferring people to my server and they aren’t going to lock half the servers without locking the other half

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

The problem here is the definition of full. t1 servers are more full than t2 servers, which are still more full than any t3 server ever will be. They fixed an exploit for getting onto servers that were already full too late, and the consequence is that those servers will be forever way bigger than they should be.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Sweet Sanity.8593

If people would stop stacking higher tier servers because they win more we wouldn’t be in this mess at all

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Tyler did announce of possibly locking the servers for the first half and killing more guilds and servers and making people not wanting to play anymore.

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Tyler did announce of possibly locking the servers for the first half and killing more guilds and servers and making people not wanting to play anymore.

to clarify the first half (so 1 month) after a re-link. I remember seeing this as well, but don’t know if those were random thoughts or was actually going to be implemented. I don’t see the harm in opening servers after a link – let the stackers pay anet every 2 months….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

The problem with server links is if you transfer to a lower server, there is always a chance of getting screwed by the relink by getting linked with someone you really hate or getting separated with people you meet on the host server (which is what happening with me right now)…… this is why I do not want to be a on a low server but instead would rather pay more and go to a server where Im safe no matter who we get linked with…
Heck, if the new server I am planning to transfer to remains ‘full’ I will probably quit the game altogether (only play for wvw). I would legit rather quit the game than being on a “nobody” server that will get tossed around to/against matchups I dislike.

My current server (SoS) is dying and is going to have a lot of people leaving it around the 24th just because it is somehow full while we are permanently outnumbered during NA. Just makes no sense keeping T4/3 and some 2 servers closed..

Links or not, having this many server does no work… If they would permanently merge the lower tier servers into the higher ones, it would be so much better, in my opinion at least.

This is my take on all of this. Hate me if you want.

Edit:
Just something from todays run we had.
Love that outnumbered buff!

Attachments:

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

(edited by Vova.2640)

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If people would stop stacking higher tier servers because they win more we wouldn’t be in this mess at all

Or, the people that wanted large scale combat and enjoy PPT’ing to win moved up to T1. Then the players that wanted large scale combat and didn’t care about PPT or winning went to T2, the fight tier. Those that didn’t care about either never moved around much at all.

Keeping players of like mindsets together is a great idea. Forcing dissimilar point of view together only causes them to clash, to create friction, and general anger while playing.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Maybe if the devs invested more into wvw we wouldn’t have these problems.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

This right here!

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Sweet Sanity.8593

This may come as a shock to some of you, but many of us actually don’t want to be on high tier servers :0. Crazy I know. The majority of the lower servers stuck with the higher ones dislike the linking a great deal.

Unfortunately the tier stacking got so bad they figured they would just stick us all together so all the servers are giant, which some of you may be shocked to hear I find quite awful. All these problems came from people forcing themselves into full servers and you guys are already complaining you can’t do it anymore.

It sucks that you guys got seperated from your guilds but it is this exact thing that put wvw in the state that it is in. Even if they are locked they shouldn’t re open because at this rate the stacking will get so bad there will only be two tiers left. Top tier and bottom tier.

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

T2, the fight tier

T2 is in no way the fight tier anymore. It is T1 lite.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

T2, the fight tier

T2 is in no way the fight tier anymore. It is T1 lite.

Nevermind T2, doubt there’s anything worth calling a fight tier anymore.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Get rid of the “Blob” mentality, then any tier can be a fight tier. This is a player issue not an A-Net issue.

CCCP….

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Trajan.4953

Pugs will always gravitate towards a tag. Most of them have limited play time and just want to blow some dudes up and get some bags. They have no concept of server, tier or anything else, and why should they?

I don’t think most of us want to be “Blobmanders” but it just happens, especially when facing the other dude with a blob. I don’t think there is any fix for this that doesn’t involve hurting a very viable player base.

CCCP….

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

WvW is a competition were the winner is decided before the match begins because of coverage. Their is no incentive to focus on the larger server that’s going to win, so players transfer to that server just to win. People say they play for fun/fights but a lot transfer to a server that’s suppose to win so they get more unfair fights. When the victory pt system gets put into the game hopefully it will help make it a competition instead of a fixed match. A bounty system would help change the focus of players to target the larger servers too. Something that reward extra loot, reward track potions, rares, for targeting the winning server or taking hard objectives.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

……
A bounty system would help change the focus of players to target the larger servers too. Something that reward extra loot, reward track potions, rares, for targeting the winning server or taking hard objectives.

hmm this is an interesting idea that could work. Certainly worth pursuing I think.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

……
A bounty system would help change the focus of players to target the larger servers too. Something that reward extra loot, reward track potions, rares, for targeting the winning server or taking hard objectives.

hmm this is an interesting idea that could work. Certainly worth pursuing I think.

Agreed. That is not a bad idea.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

……

Agreed. That is not a bad idea.

This has been a subject for some time. No real reason to win a match. Even force a 2v1.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: kandle.2367

kandle.2367

Maybe I am a bit strange, but I prefer being in T4*. Yes, we have blobs at some point during the day, but we also can roam, etc if preferred. We have the best of both worlds IMO. And, I have seen very little evidence of politics. I have watched guilds transfer up in the period of time since the linkings, and before. Are they happier? Maybe-IDK. T4 is not a fight tier for the most part-but, as previously mentioned in some thread, are there any fights tiers anymore? Blobwars seems to be the current meta on all tiers. “If ya can’t beat ’em-join ’em”
The one problem that I do have is that we have had 3 months to get acquainted with our linked server. We have gotten to appreciate each other and our play styles. Yes, we lack 24/7 coverage, but the match was a good one in terms of cooperation, goals, and extended activity. I almost feel like we are losing family with a relink. Guess that is a bit sentimental, but I run on my emotions. NSP/SF is awesome. But, just as in life, things change.
Anyways, best of luck to all in future linkings. May they all be as good as ours is at present. (At least from my perspective) Maybe the change to 2 months of links is a good thing.

*I am speaking as one who has been to quite a few servers in different pre-link tiers

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

We are having a hard time getting three new guildies into our T1 server, moving in from the (soon-to-be) previous paired server.

I don’t want to hear any suggestions about bouncing them around paired servers “if” and until our server is not “full,” either.

I don’t know about how anyone else feels, but this whole thing is getting messy now and few people are getting to where they want to go. :/

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

We are having a hard time getting three new guildies into our T1 server, moving in from the (soon-to-be) previous paired server.

I don’t want to hear any suggestions about bouncing them around paired servers “if” and until our server is not “full,” either.

I don’t know about how anyone else feels, but this whole thing is getting messy now and few people are getting to where they want to go. :/

Just LEL then?

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.3124

Ogre.3124

Linking Jade Quarry or Sea of Sorrows with Maguuma solves multiple issues. Right now SoS is imploding from being matched (farmed) by Maguuma in Tier 3 and their highest populations are in completely different timezones. Tier 1 players are quitting due to being matched up against Yaks bend. Get Maguuma up there in Tier 1 hosted with an OCX/SEA-majority server. SoS/SBI won’t feel like offing themselves being matched against Mag, Tier 2 will be happy with FA vs YB (both play similarly), and Tier 1 will finally be a fights tier. Everyone wins in this scenario.

Maguuma

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

NO! Don’t take Ruins of Surmia away from us!! We like them! Pls!

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Trajan.4953

Linking Jade Quarry or Sea of Sorrows with Maguuma solves multiple issues. Right now SoS is imploding from being matched (farmed) by Maguuma in Tier 3 and their highest populations are in completely different timezones. Tier 1 players are quitting due to being matched up against Yaks bend. Get Maguuma up there in Tier 1 hosted with an OCX/SEA-majority server. SoS/SBI won’t feel like offing themselves being matched against Mag, Tier 2 will be happy with FA vs YB (both play similarly), and Tier 1 will finally be a fights tier. Everyone wins in this scenario.

EWWWWWW T1?

Mag says NO.

Why would any server that fights want to be matched with YB?

CCCP….

Relink servers on 24th

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

EWWWWWW T1?

Mag says NO.

Why would any server that fights want to be matched with YB?

Nope. Maguuma matches up with BG and TC. YB goes T2. Sounds about right to me.