Relinking "every two months"

in WvW

Posted by: Atros.9607

Atros.9607

So it’s been 8 weeks (or 2 months), when and where is the relink? I want to watch the glicko ratings have massive heart palpitations.

Moreover, I want to finally get an even matchup where we are not getting 6v1ed anymore. Literally killing the WvW community in my server and waiting one more week is really driving a nail into the coffin. Especially when we were given the promise of 2 months a new relink.

[ShW] Shrouded Warband § Gold Invader § Fort Aspenwood
My pugs are not lemmings, they just fell off that cliff because I did

in WvW

Posted by: Peppel.9736

Peppel.9736

It will be happen next friday … the last linking was on 26th August.

thx god only 6 days We can not wait to get back into a lower T without the bad Qs

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-6-June-World-Linking-Schedule-CLOSED/page/3#post6196507

Attachments:

Tinka – Whiteside Ridge WSR - It’s a game, have fun and be kind to others
Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why not relink after week?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Jigme.8524

Jigme.8524

And again Arena net had screwed Dragonbrand. 5v1. What are the devs thinking.

in WvW

Posted by: Earlywood.7438

Earlywood.7438

This should be weekly. Even 2 weeks can lead to unbalanced matchups. Who the hell thought the options should be between 1 and 3 months in the first place. I understand you want to sell transfers more than you care about balanced matchups but this is beyond ridiculous. Your metrics should show that a server is getting crushed for 2 months straight considering we dropped from 1 to 12 in that time so maybe, just maybe, we shouldn’t be 1 vs 6 or 1 vs 5.

(edited by Earlywood.7438)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The linking system is daft. People are transferring after the announcements so they can get onto a bandwagon “top” server and pulverise all opposition.

It’s completely non-fun.

The original devs would be turning in their graves (if they were dead).

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Jigme.8524

The problem is not the number of server, but the number of players. When the link was made DB had a lot more active players. There is a very high probability that DB will get a link next linking.

DB could probably play against 10 servers if it was the 10 lowest populations servers and win by simply outnumbering them. The number of servers does not matter.

Earlywood.7438

They are trying to keep the ranking working, and thus also the Glicko. If you moved to 1-2 week links, glicko would honestly be a mess and the rankings would be pretty chaotic/random. Which would further mess up match-ups something fierce.

As said above, the number of servers is not the problem. I’m quite confident that DB could beat a single team of: ET, Kain, AR, BP, DR, IoJ for example with little difficulty.

I also honestly doubt that “transfers” gives ANet much money at all, most of the people that I see transferring converts in game gold to gems to pay for transfers. Grinding PVE to gain it most of the time. That doesn’t sound like $ profit for ANet.

Svarty.8019

The Bandwagon/transferring is indeed annoying. But unless you want to lock the servers, there really isn’t any good way around it. I think you could lessen the impact somewhat by saying no transfers the first month of a 2 month link.

But I think the largest problem here is one of perception. Our Fair Weathers stop playing the moment it looks like a match is going against them, thus drying out the numbers. While the fair weathers of the winning side obviously keeps going.

This creates a perceived situation where the enemy has “so many more player” that people will believe that it is because other players have band-wagoned to the winning server. Obviously there are people that does that as well, but I believe the effect of that is much smaller than most imagine. With the exception of the T1 stacking.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

(edited by joneirikb.7506)

in WvW

Posted by: Earlywood.7438

Earlywood.7438

I’m sure we could hold our own and we’ve proven that at times, we still can. The problem is that we also have a casual base like other servers and when they sign on and see 1 vs 5 or 6 servers and then see we are outnumbered on every map, they tend to leave. So yes, I completely agree on the Fair Weathers running away from WvW.

This also doesn’t help with trying to get people back into the game. I have 5 friends already that I tried to get back into playing and when they see options like getting way outnumbered or pay to transfer, they go to WoW:(

in WvW

Svarty.8019

But I think the largest problem here is one of perception. Our Fair Weathers stop playing the moment it looks like a match is going against them, thus drying out the numbers. While the fair weathers of the winning side obviously keeps going.

I would propose that the solution should be to again modify the scoring system. If it were possible to recover a losing game or to gain some kind of benefit when there is one dominating force, then I believe people might be more keen to stick around.

This solution would ideally apply not only to the whole one-week span of a match, but also moment-by-moment. HOW this happens is a matter for the developers to achieve, but the problem of, “oh we’re wiping over and over? I won’t bother then”, is ubiquitous.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

It will be happen next friday … the last linking was on 26th August.

thx god only 6 days We can not wait to get back into a lower T without the bad Qs

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-6-June-World-Linking-Schedule-CLOSED/page/3#post6196507

Tinks, you do know we are going to get royally shafted in the next relink? Lots of people moved to WSR to get into high tier fights/duels, chances are they will leave very soon after we are determined to have a big enough population to be with GH or something.

in WvW

Posted by: Peppel.9736

Peppel.9736

@xella
sure, but do we need these players? My opinion no, for the population ok, but they are not WSR. I only wish that we could play again together WvW and also gladly without linking

A silver linking might help but I doubt it, many just want to go back to being a single server even if we end up absolute bottom. At least we are all bottom together.

I agree! I wanna our home back

Tinka – Whiteside Ridge WSR - It’s a game, have fun and be kind to others
Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

So it’s been 8 weeks (or 2 months), when and where is the relink? I want to watch the glicko ratings have massive heart palpitations.

Moreover, I want to finally get an even matchup where we are not getting 6v1ed anymore. Literally killing the WvW community in my server and waiting one more week is really driving a nail into the coffin. Especially when we were given the promise of 2 months a new relink.

Math explains:

7×8= 54
2 months = 60 days

And if you had read the other thread asking about the relinks you would see the quote I posted of McKenna saying it happen in the last friday of each even month.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Jigme.8524

Jigme.8524

My frustration came from a misunderstanding on when the re linking would take place. My understanding like most was that it would happen after 8 weeks. However this is not what Arena net has said. there words were that they would repair the servers on the last Friday of every even month. To be fair this does make a lot more sense then a 8 week stretch being that things would get weird over time.

That being said Arena net did change the match up a little Yesterday in that they took 1 of the servers away from SoS. My concern is that if they could do that 1 week before reset why couldn’t they give DB that server being as we are sourly hurting for #’s right now i our current match up.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

That being said Arena net did change the match up a little Yesterday in that they took 1 of the servers away from SoS. My concern is that if they could do that 1 week before reset why couldn’t they give DB that server being as we are sourly hurting for #’s right now i our current match up.

Wtf? SoS only had IoJ linked with them since the links happened… Wtf you smoking?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

@xella
sure, but do we need these players? My opinion no, for the population ok, but they are not WSR. I only wish that we could play again together WvW and also gladly without linking

A silver linking might help but I doubt it, many just want to go back to being a single server even if we end up absolute bottom. At least we are all bottom together.

You’re missing the point, ANet will think we have a population of say 100 people per hour or something but when the bandwagon players leave it will halve our population. This means we end up outnumbered all the time and getting blobbed 24/7 which is even less fun than waiting in queue for 20 mins.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I had the base grounds for a solution for the core of this problem, in the last thread I started. But the community as a whole enjoy their unfair and non competitive matchups, so it got shot down.(No surprise there) Till ANet balances zerging with havocing and roaming, expect this to be a problem till WvW dies.

People these days can’t be ask to lose their for they will use every broken game mechanic ANet allows them to use. Some will even go so far to cheat with external programs and such. But again ANet has to make such playstyles and behaviors no way as lucrative as they are now. Or ANet will have to just link and unlink servers way way more frequently to compensate for such non competitive WvW communities and players.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@xella

You’re missing the point, ANet will think we have a population of say 100 people per hour or something but when the bandwagon players leave it will halve our population. This means we end up outnumbered all the time and getting blobbed 24/7 which is even less fun than waiting in queue for 20 mins.

That is why if Anet want to continue with the glicko thing and links they need to do it every week to counter those changes.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

T3/4 should only have links T1/2 should stay unlink, this will balance everything and only 3 servers link no 2 or 4 links will be good if changing links happens monthly.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Welcome to YB’s world.

Six versus one for months culminating in a Tier 1 to Tier 4 fall which will happen again and again and again to other servers until this garbage is fixed.

Don’t hold your breath.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Svarty.8019

Welcome to YB’s world.

Six versus one for months culminating in a Tier 1 to Tier 4 fall which will happen again and again and again to other servers until this garbage is fixed.

Don’t hold your breath.

This is what people don’t understand. With linking, there is no ladder. There are only “Good Matches”.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I would propose that the solution should be to again modify the scoring system. If it were possible to recover a losing game or to gain some kind of benefit when there is one dominating force, then I believe people might be more keen to stick around.

This solution would ideally apply not only to the whole one-week span of a match, but also moment-by-moment. HOW this happens is a matter for the developers to achieve, but the problem of, “oh we’re wiping over and over? I won’t bother then”, is ubiquitous.

I’d agree that would solve half the problem. The scoring is only relevant to those that want/see the WvW mode as a competitive mode.

For the rest, you’re going to have to make the fights fun. Going out into a map, and getting slaughtered over and over by larger numbers, and there isn’t much you can do about it, even if you’re winning in points by it (for some reason). They wouldn’t enjoy it, they wouldn’t have fun.

If you solved that second one, I think there would be more people playing on all servers, and thus making the game more interesting for those that plays for the score as well. But that is probably the most tricky thing in the game to solve.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: BOA smid.1783

BOA smid.1783

This proves you aren’t paying attention more than anything. When the relinking was last done (Aug 26th), DB was in T1 and therefore did not get a linked server. They’ve also lost population since that time, causing them to drop through the tiers over time. This wasn’t Anet’s fault.

Also, the only thing that happened this past Friday was SoS rolled a T4 match-up. No one took a server away from anyone. SoS has been linked with IoJ and only IoJ since Aug 26th. HoD moved up to T3 for this week and took the other two servers linked with it along for the ride. Anet didn’t change anything on Friday, RNG did.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

The 5v1 and 6v1 isn’t stopping.

Not unless the linkings go away.

…And they should.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security