Remake the Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Anet can you please remake the obsidian sanctum?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Remake as…? There is no point in asking for a remake when you don’t even say what kind of remake you want out of it.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

We got any mind readers in the house? If you’re going to ask for a redesign you should present a design or at least point out the problems that need to be fixed. What exactly needs to be redone? There’s a jumping puzzle area and arena area.

If they are going to redo OS, first thing they should think about is making it open to green/blue/red sides than servers like eotm. So people can go there to fight and not be restricted by tiers.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Agreed. Just strip the map out and replace it with Tangled Depths. When guilds want to scrim, they need to do meta first.

I assume that is what the OP had in mind. It may not seem like it but I am actually an excellent mind reader that know when people want WvW, they really want PvE. Only Anet knows it better.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

it certainly lacks purpose atm tho honestly i cant see what it could be used as. i suppose a viewing room to watch skirmishes your team is involved in would be fun probably of an asura design. perhaps a room with cameras from all your owned towers keeps and camps your team could use as surveillance. would need a source of payment so that isnt free.

or just the ability to place a camera over the head of all commanders so that you can see what the commanders can see.

in WvW

Posted by: Deaeira.2651

Deaeira.2651

Sanctum is one of the nicest jumping puzzles in the game. It’s pretty quiet, but I find it’s part of the charm.

in WvW

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

Yeah, remake it so we could pve farm Obsidian Shards in the Obsidian Santcum.

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Great for trolling enemy players that are trying to do the puzzle lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Do people still do the puzzle? Occassionally I go there hoping to mess with people but theres never anyone around.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

People don’t do it because it’s a jumping puzzle with a very poor reward. Only time I head in there is for guild missions (and with any luck I’m not the random one who doesn’t receive credit at the end!)

I’m thinking about how it could work redesigned, but the jumping puzzle part is a stumbling block. If this was competitive, trying to do PvP in a jumping puzzle would be far too annoying.

If there’s going to be something to fight over in there, the jumping bits have to go. After that perhaps a 2-hourly event where the first server to capture the top wins a chest + 25% reward track progress or similar.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

People don’t do it because it’s a jumping puzzle with a very poor reward. Only time I head in there is for guild missions (and with any luck I’m not the random one who doesn’t receive credit at the end!)

Start the mission while nobody in the guild is on OS and you should receive the rewards 100% of the time.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

We got any mind readers in the house? If you’re going to ask for a redesign you should present a design or at least point out the problems that need to be fixed. What exactly needs to be redone? There’s a jumping puzzle area and arena area.

If they are going to redo OS, first thing they should think about is making it open to green/blue/red sides than servers like eotm. So people can go there to fight and not be restricted by tiers.

+1 nothing else to add.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Put a single tower right in the middle.

If you own the tower, you can exit and go right to where you climb atop the dome. Otherwise, you can still do the JP the normal way.

This will be very very funny.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Remake it into a Lobby, like PvP has.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Do people still do the puzzle? Occasionally I go there hoping to mess with people but there’s never anyone around.

You are the kind of person my friends like to gank/attack. We never attack unless were attacked first. Golden rule…ppl are there for the JP, so leave them be to do it. I once saw ppl from 2 servers gang up on the 3rd cause they interrupted/trolled those doing the jp, lol…was fun to watch and participate. Reasons like that I tend to bring my pewpew druid or mes…lots of places to knock those trolls off from heights for an instant kill

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

We never attack unless were attacked first.

What an odd thing to say for someone that has red=dead in the signature…

in WvW

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

OS is fine as it is. Only thing I can think of that would improve it would be for a remake of the arena area (or a second area) that actually has some LoS aspects put into it. Even if the LoS aspects are the small ruined walls, would add a bit more complexity to any duels or GvGs that happen there.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

I’d make the arena a little more spacey. I also have, probably very controversial, vision of a single cap point in the end of OS, that gives something almost insignificant, like +1ppt. Just a thing people could fight over. I think all those fights in the OS back when we could build siege there, were really fun and entertaining.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I think all those fights in the OS back when we could build siege there, were really fun and entertaining.

No, they weren’t…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Pretty much it’s just a mess in the Obsidian Sanctum. People want to try to use it for gvgs/scrims and like you can only fit so many people in it. Also there is extra crap you have to go around and people sometimes interfere with gvg’s.

I just want it redone so people can scrim/gvg more easily. Like there are so many things that can be to achieve this. If they can’t remake the O.S. then at least do something to the guild halls to make gvg’s more possible.

Being able to gvg people on a different tier would be nice.

Heck making gvg’s with 10’s , 15’s, 20’s that you can queue up on any tier with would be cool. Like a gvg league that could be a wvw thing right there.