Remember the Ob Sanctum chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Apparently, I’m the only person who still enjoys playing all of GW2.

I have recently rekindled my love for the Obsidian Sanctum jumping puzzle.. and discovered something that I should have known before:

The chest is account-wide.

Is this the only jumping puzzle chest that is account bound instead of character bound?

I have a humble request.. since, going by my experience running it now, there are no other people doing this puzzle.. is it possible to change this to a per character chest instead of per account?

I admit – it’s for farming wvw badges, which are apparently must less generously supplied than in the past.

But, it’s not like I can park characters – I do have to run it each time – and if it becomes a per character thing, perhaps we’ll see more action in this quiet map?

I know this is not Reddit, but I will be very happy to hear any developer input on the possibility of this.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

ANET Logic : Make your own forums, but ignore it, and post in reddit instead. LOL
They are more active in Reddit than in their own forums #smh.

You do have a valid point there too, i suppose it should be good to have it Per Character because as you said, you can’t really park toons in there and have to run through the JP each time. So yeah.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

ANET Logic, part 2: Make it per character, but remove badges.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

That does actually sound fairly stupid.. Especially since its the only jumping puzzle you actually have to completely run through every time you wanna do it instead of logging off in front of the chest.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

While we’re at it, can we have like twelve more pvp jumping puzzles? It’s one heck of a lot more fun than actual WvW.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yeh i loved the action in there

there is absolutely no reason to make it accountbound
especially if you consider that it is really the only jumping puzzle where you cant park characters like people said before…
fights in there were ultra fun
and it is rather boring having to do the jumping puzzle without enemies stopping me from doing it

also a bit off-top but still related:

there was a short time when i hated that “Killing you in Obsidian [JP]” guild

but then i thought… hey… sooo often i would have had noone to fight
the jumping puzzle would have been boring without them trying to stop me from doing it…
and i was MUCH more happy and really felt like i achieved something when i actually did the JP while they tried to stop me!

so dont cry about camper guilds like them in the Obsidian JP because those are the ones that actually make it challening and fun!

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Indeed sad to see this map so abandoned, looks and feels like a great map to fight in. Started doing it daily for the WvW Badges (ran out after started buying wvw gear now that they can be salvaged), and the only people I’ve seen are a couple of guys running for the Ori nodes, panicking and WP away when they see me.

Much sad, I’m very nice, don’t bite. Don’t even attack people unless attacked first!

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Allisa Wonderland.8192

There was a time when people were farming bags from each other at the starting point, but that was justifiably nerfed. I don’t recall if the chest was always a per account situation, but would be surprised if it was related to this.

Back in the good ol’ days, I ran the borderland puzzles every day, on all of my toons, to earn the badges I needed for my first two legendaries. That isn’t even an option, now.

I’m afraid of posting to Reddit because it seems to be the central rage machine, since PvP League started, and don’t want to attract that kind of feedback. The responses in this thread have been positively joyous to read, and well thought out.

It does feel sad to see all the traps, rusty from lack of use. I set the odd one of, just to remind myself what they do!

Any kind dev reading provide any input on whether ‘per character" is a possibility with the chest? It won’t reduce my interest in playing wvw, I swear.

in WvW

Allisa Wonderland.8192

There was a time when people were farming bags from each other at the starting point, but that was justifiably nerfed. I don’t recall if the chest was always a per account situation, but would be surprised if it was related to this.

Back in the good ol’ days, I ran the borderland puzzles every day, on all of my toons, to earn the badges I needed for my first two legendaries. That isn’t even an option, now.

I’m afraid of posting to Reddit because it seems to be the central rage machine, since PvP League started, and don’t want to attract that kind of feedback. The responses in this thread have been positively joyous to read, and well thought out.

It does feel sad to see all the traps, rusty from lack of use. I set the odd one of, just to remind myself what they do!

Any kind dev reading provide any input on whether ‘per character" is a possibility with the chest? It won’t reduce my interest in playing wvw, I swear.

in WvW

Allisa Wonderland.8192

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

YB would work to control the JP and mesmers would port. You could do Ix per character / per day back then and call outs were made in la. We would try to do this for 60-90 minutes each day. After we did that for a month or so, the chests became 1x per account / per day and JP became a ghost town….

Zergs had fun fending off interlopers. Commanders got the siege via drop to ground – they pick it up. Pve people got a few chests and just maybe stuck around for the fights.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

(edited by Liston.9708)