Remember when people mocked build mastery?

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Yeah… when those were announced, quite the uproar about these “useless” additions… Build Mastery and Defense Mastery iirc… now c’mon, admit it… you all have at least one point in each, don’t cha? You can admit it… hell, my first two points on a character go there now.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

I have it maxed out. Helps a ton in dire situations. And when trying to flash build something.

I just wish they will fixed the 15 to 5 to 1 bug. So instead of two ticks to use 15 it requires three.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in WvW

Posted by: Phate.4871

Phate.4871

This post has absolutely nothing useful to add to the situation. For me, the “casual” wvw player, who hops in the FA teamspeak and runs with the server, putting 1 point in each was my first order of business, to take 3 strikes to place all my supply instead of 5. But after that, I never hold more than 10 seige, so placing say, 8 or 10 at once wont help me, since I cannot aford more supply space(another mastery). I love it, it is useful, especially for flash cata’s and AC, but above 8 per place, it is a waste, since 20 supply only comes rarely and the 8 option is also a waste if you dont want to or cannot upgrade your max supply. 4 is a nice 100% increase, and after that , they become less powerful(IMO). 6 I will probly get, but later, after other upgrades

FA warrior and mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

When you get a +5 from a camp, one point lets you do the full fifteen in five hits. That’s come in very handy when trying to solo build a treb in a tower for example.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Yeah… when those were announced, quite the uproar about these “useless” additions… Build Mastery and Defense Mastery iirc… now c’mon, admit it… you all have at least one point in each, don’t cha? You can admit it… hell, my first two points on a character go there now.

I literally can’t imagine who was stupid enough to call build mastery (and repair mastery) useless. Their only WvW experience must have been collecting vistas.

in WvW

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

I managed to rep up a gate under heavy attack and give our people some time to organise solely because I rep 10 supply at a time.

I also use all supply in 2 build cycles (12 used) now rather than 5 or more.

Very useful traits.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Yeah, I didn’t see anyone mocking it, but at 1 point each it was an easy experiment. The ability to avoid the clunky design of dumping 15 supply alone is worth it. The increased speed of building anything is awesome. It’s my first two points on every character now.

in WvW

Posted by: Yza.2437

Yza.2437

No..I’m not a mindless lemming/zergling +/- PvEr.

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

I have it maxed out. Helps a ton in dire situations. And when trying to flash build something.

I just wish they will fixed the 15 to 5 to 1 bug. So instead of two ticks to use 15 it requires three.

15 to 1 is not the only bug with build mastery. I just recently went from 5 to 1 to 0 when building burning oil, by myself.

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Building mastery have limited applications, though i don’t see any reason to get more than 2 ranks in it, there is ton of more useful things to spend points on. Repair mastery is utterly useless.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Building mastery have limited applications, though i don’t see any reason to get more than 2 ranks in it, there is ton of more useful things to spend points on. Repair mastery is utterly useless.

I see it the other way around. Build mastery has very limited use. Apart from faster building while in a tiny group, well, meh. In my small group adventures so far, instant siege building has never been an issue. Maybe for counter-trebbing in the open?

Repair mastery on the other hand, i can see used much more often. Plenty of times there’s a few people in a besieged tower waiting for the reinforcements. Repairing the gate is a great way to gain precious time, but it’s tough when there’s too much aoe on it. The repair mastery should help a lot in those situations. Otherwise you need stability and some huge damage mitigation/invulnerability to put in your 5 repair ticks, and then wait for those cooldowns to come back up.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

All your repair is 1 strike of ram. If you don’t have siege to destroy rams and don’t have good number of ppl to repair alot of gate HP, it’s useless. And if you have alot of ppl and supply, better use it to flash build superior arrowcarts and melt anything near gates.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters