Removal Of WvW Map Completion In Patch

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

So according to the Chinese patch notes that were linked on Reddit, WvW was supposed to be taken from Map Completion requirements along with the rewards for WvW map completion.

Translation from Google:

“Wvw: World War Battle of the completion of the map of the world is no longer included in the overall degree of completion of the world, the world of the war no longer have a map complete map rewarded?.”

Here’s the Reddit link; http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2yrugo/1332015_original_patch_note_from_china/

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

I demand that they remove PvE from Map completion for WvW players!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

If you whine enough as pve player you get what you want.

in WvW

Posted by: TaCktiX.6729

TaCktiX.6729

Eh…It’s taken two and a half years of whining. I’m thinking that the reasoning is different: World completion is expanding with the expansion.

— TaCktiX
The Tough Love Critic (http://toughlovecritic.wordpress.com)
Tack Scylla, Tack, Morina Duathi

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I think its wrong to remove it in wvw for pve’ers who don’t like wvw, yet not remove from pve for wvw’ers who hate pve.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Ultimaistanza.4793

I think its wrong to remove it in wvw for pve’ers who don’t like wvw, yet not remove from pve for wvw’ers who hate pve.

Beyond that, it’s taking a major form of incentive away from getting non-regular people into standard WvW and removing a way to get potential rewards from WvW. Granted they can be time consuming to get, but they’re still okay rewards nonetheless.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I have a hard time trusting some random post on reddit. If they do this, I think that when they add new legendaries, that some should be locked out unless they complete the WvW map.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

Beyond that, it’s taking a major form of incentive away from getting non-regular people into standard WvW and removing a way to get potential rewards from WvW. Granted they can be time consuming to get, but they’re still okay rewards nonetheless.

Just says it won’t count twords the 100% completion not that they are removing. Mapping is PvE stuff anyways. If anything they should make the Gift of Battle cost more than 14 ranks and 500 badges.

in WvW

Ultimaistanza.4793

I have a hard time trusting some random post on reddit. If they do this, I think that when they add new legendaries, that some should be locked out unless they complete the WvW map.

Did a little looking, here’s a snapshot page of kongzhong on it;

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http%3A%2F%2Fgw2.kongzhong.com%2Fannounce%2F20150310%2F2264.html

in WvW

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

They might be removing it only for the Chinese gamers, much like only the Chinese version has a VIP program

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in WvW

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I’m a sad panda…

There was only one “force” to drive hardcore AI-killers “aka:PvE-ers” to do some wvw. They might or might not like wvw but they HAD to do a tiny-little bit of it. Now this is all gone…

My question: can I get full map completion without a PvE map?

Just you know… pve-ers hate to go to wvw and get a SM vista. I hate the Pve maps to get…. basically everything… traits-skill points-achievements-gold.

I’m speechless…

#I no words have"

in WvW

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Why are some posters segregating and labelling players of the same game? All this “WvW-ers” and “PvE-ers” is just going to cause un-nessesary discontent among players of the same game!

Don’t label each other. We are all Guild Wars 2 players, not soup cans!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

in WvW

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

that is disappointing. Oh well, guess id better get that last skill point on my ele before it no longer matters.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in WvW

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

So happy that what is literally 1% of the play experience won’t have to stunt the majority of the player base.

:)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in WvW

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Don’t label each other. We are all Guild Wars 2 players, not soup cans!

Too late, because humans are tribal creatures.
Further reinforced by how the forums have separate discussion areas for PvP and non PvP related things.
Even more considering how in GW1 PvP and PvE players were properly separated.

(sarcasm joking mode)
Besides it is expected, after all WvWvW players would argue with their own shadows if it gave them PPT or some rewards. :P

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in WvW

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Finally! This has been a long time coming and I’m a player with WvW map completion on multiple characters at not a single character with true map completion.

Forcing PvE players to come to WvW was bad for everyone. You had uninterested people taking up slots to kill skritt/centaurs and collect skills, vista and Pois instead of helping the server. Many of those same people would complain on map chat about being forced to go there causing a distraction and lowering moral.

You want you WvW players to be interested and engaged not unhappy and feeling forced to be there.

in WvW

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

Forcing PvE players to come to WvW was bad for everyone. You had uninterested people taking up slots to kill skritt/centaurs and collect skills, vista and Pois instead of helping the server. Many of those same people would complain on map chat about being forced to go there causing a distraction and lowering moral.

Yet there’s still Jumping Puzzles on the BLs…

in WvW

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

My question: can I get full map completion without a PvE map?

Just you know… pve-ers hate to go to wvw and get a SM vista. I hate the Pve maps to get…. basically everything… traits-skill points-achievements-gold.

I’m speechless…

Yes, you can. Dungeons are excluded already.

Everyone hates map completion so the less there is to do the better.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Finally! This has been a long time coming and I’m a player with WvW map completion on multiple characters at not a single character with true map completion.

You want you WvW players to be interested and engaged not unhappy and feeling forced to be there.

Same can be said for dungeons. Im not interested in running those, but for a Legendary I had to anyway.

There I was, slogging through a dungeon in inefficient gear and sorely unmotivated. So are we going to remove that as well?

Getting a Legendary has been made easier and easier, and mostly at the expense of the WvW part. Which can now be entirely skipped. Badges rain out of achievements chests and ranks can be bought as well, all you need to do is log in to wvw and talk to two vendors and be done. Congratulations, you sure showed mastery of that part of the game, well done.

Everything you can earn from WvW (which isn’t much btw) can be earned from only doing PvE. But the other way around this is not true.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I’m curious to see what’ll happen, it sounds like completing WvW maps might not give you a chest any more, in which case they’ve nerfed WvW rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Everything you can earn from WvW (which isn’t much btw) can be earned from only doing PvE. But the other way around this is not true.

Yeah, that does seem a little unfair, but it also seems to me that ANet might not have ever intended WvW to be something people do exclusively. I think they intended it more as an extension to PvE that includes aspects of PvP, which justifies their original decision to include it in map completion. Players, however, decided (not without reason) that the PvE part of WvW was completely useless, and the goal should be PPT, which is part of why the matchups are so stacked now, but it sort of boils down to less-than-stellar game design as far as WvW is concerned.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in WvW

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Well they threw the PvE community a bone, how about tossing the PvP community open world dueling

JQ Druid

in WvW

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

do we still get rewards for completing the maps? chance at a key, badges, siege, etc?

in WvW

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Thank You A.net , I crafted 12 Legendary .. That is 6 Toons with 100% world completion.

I really like that my efforts and hard work are swept away.

Thank you

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Yet again..another big giant middle finger from Anet to the WvW community. Good job.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

So for someone such as myself and may other that have zero interest in PVE and the piles of kitten that it is and the boredom it brings can the kittened team that Anet calls developers give us WvW only focused players away of getting map completion without having to go to the PVE game mode that is already forced upon us if we wish to get all the new gear that comes out in this game….

I will go ahead and say it will never happen as anet always love to bend over and open its kitten to allow the PVE players to shot loads of kitten deep into them until they get what they want.

Anet will only be happy once WvW is dead completely and they dont have to do anything with it such as this poor excuse of a new map that is a big shiny pile of kitten to cover up the fact that PVE is getting yet another big update and WvW gets screwed with kitten all.

Thanks Anet!!!

quoted for truth

Suggestion Anet: Make some really nice looking WvW map completion exclusive armor/weapon skin awards, and remove dungeon gifts from legend crafting!

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

in WvW

Posted by: lunacrous.6751

lunacrous.6751

This is Anet showing their true colors. They want people to play all parts of the game, as long as those parts aren’t WvW. I’m sure WvW is an important part of the game to them, and that’s why they make sure it is less important, less required, and less rewarding in every possible way than PvE or PvP.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Geez, they’re really completely clueless.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Crimsonjr.2359

Crimsonjr.2359

Should of met them half way and just done the EB map. Borderlands would be easy to do on the rotation WvW has

In WvW, You are the reason someone gets a Precusor – Legendary Jr

in WvW

Rauderi.8706

Thank You A.net , I crafted 12 Legendary .. That is 6 Toons with 100% world completion.

I really like that my efforts and hard work are swept away.

Thank you

12 sparkly legendaries is hardly “swept away.” Just like they could drop Ascended silk crafting in line with metal and leather and it wouldn’t diminish the impact of Ascended gear.

The bigger grats is you getting your hands on 12 precursors. o_O

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

This is great news honestly. If you’re an active WvW player, you should know this alleviates the amount of map queues filled by PvE map completion players. We all know how these affect servers, especially T1 servers where guilds are sometimes unable to get into home BL that needs help because it’s filled by PvE players doing map completion.

We’ve seen a BL with 50+ queue but only 25 people on the commander pin. It gets ridiculous sometimes. So this is indeed a good change. And while I wish they would remove PvE requirement for those of us that are only interested in WvW, I’d rather they do just this for now than not doing this at all. Removing PvE players from WvW zones will immediately help with the situations many servers are facing with queues. In other words, doing something is better than nothing. And this will help WvW be more of a place for WvW players & guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Suggestion Anet: Make some really nice looking WvW map completion exclusive armor/weapon skin vendors!

With the current legendaries being pushed a little further away from WvW and into the exclusively PvE territory, I agree that there should be some more high-tier rewards that are exclusive to WvW. I’m not sure how you would gate this (Not just through Badges of Honor, that’s for sure) but it doesn’t seem like there’s a gear/equipment way to show off supreme WvW skill and dedication.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in WvW

Posted by: Kalriostraz.6819

Kalriostraz.6819

I’m a bit confused here. Why is this a bad thing for serious WvW players? I’ve been honestly dreading going into WvW to do my map completion, not because I hate PvP, but because there’s this sort of cloud I get over it that if you’re not there to help then everyone looks down on you in annoyance or worse. The only bad thing I see about this change in particular, is maybe losing out on players who stick around after that wouldn’t have otherwise. But I have a hard time believing that’s a relevant number.

Disregarding other trends or perceived slights (however true they may or may not be) how is this change not a good thing for WvW? This is an honest question, I have done very little WvW but it would appear a good thing that there will no longer be people taking up slots doing this at busy times.

in WvW

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

Suggestion Anet: Make some really nice looking WvW map completion exclusive armor/weapon skin vendors!

With the current legendaries being pushed a little further away from WvW and into the exclusively PvE territory, I agree that there should be some more high-tier rewards that are exclusive to WvW. I’m not sure how you would gate this (Not just through Badges of Honor, that’s for sure) but it doesn’t seem like there’s a gear/equipment way to show off supreme WvW skill and dedication.

Could use the mastery ranks to gate it, would be nice to get something other than a green trident , blue shoulders and 10s every time I open a rank up chest. 632 ranks now, all I ever see are green tridents, blue shoulders and 10s, and occasionally 10 BoH.

in WvW

Posted by: Alteros.3019

Alteros.3019

This is great news honestly. If you’re an active WvW player, you should know this alleviates the amount of map queues filled by PvE map completion players. We all know how these affect servers, especially T1 servers where guilds are sometimes unable to get into home BL that needs help because it’s filled by PvE players doing map completion.

We’ve seen a BL with 50+ queue but only 25 people on the commander pin. It gets ridiculous sometimes. So this is indeed a good change. And while I wish they would remove PvE requirement for those of us that are only interested in WvW, I’d rather they do just this for now than not doing this at all. Removing PvE players from WvW zones will immediately help with the situations many servers are facing with queues. In other words, doing something is better than nothing. And this will help WvW be more of a place for WvW players & guilds.

This is a good change, I agree. Believe it or not, I finished all of PvE completion quicker than WvW map completion because of the current problems that have been discussed ad nauseum on this forum. I am sure at one point in time WvW map completion was no big deal, but that was then and this is now.

None the less, I would also agree that a good compromise would be a set of different reward tracks or legendary weapons for those who are exclusive WvW players. Just to remind everyone that the new precursor crafting mastery track will require a “collection” and I would not be surprised if they work that into WvW somehow. They also haven’t said if it’s just going to be one new set of legendary weapons or multiple sets. My guess will be multiple sets and some will be exclusively WvW in origin and others exclusively PvE in origin.

This is one of a few instances where I am really really curious to see what Anet does. But it is clear that they recognize a problem and, to their credit, have acted. And for those who have crafted legendary weapons, you needn’t worry. It’s still A LOT of work to make one.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Could use the mastery ranks to gate it, would be nice to get something other than a green trident , blue shoulders and 10s every time I open a rank up chest. 632 ranks now, all I ever see are green tridents, blue shoulders and 10s, and occasionally 10 BoH.

Problem with that is that EotM gives waaaay more ranks than normal WvW much of the time, and is basically PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

My post in the other thread:

I’m fine with this if Anet also removes the Power of the Mists bonuses for everyone who doesn’t participate in WvW.
(Maximum examples given)
+20% chance of a critical crafting success
+10% Defense against monsters
+10% Endurance regeneration
+20% Chance of additional mining/harvesting/logging node uses
+10% Healing Effectiveness
+10% Maximum health
+10% Bonus coin per kill
+10% Experience per kill

I so no reason at this point that the WvW players should be supporting the PvE’ers if the PvE players can’t be bothered to support the WvW’ers who earn these bonuses for them with the occasional foray into WvW.

Granted, some of you many not think these bonuses are worthwhile and I’ve provided the maximum examples (some servers earn lower rewards based on their score), but that’s how I feel.

Also, I completely agree that it’s time to give the WvW’ers some really nice incentives (skins, buffs, something!). Perhaps some quantity of the old WvW Tournament Tickets could be given out weekly for wvw participation and they could be used on the existing rewards which require those tickets and newer neat things could be added. (LET US BUY DUNGEON TOKENS WITH BADGES OR TOURNIE TICKETS PLEASE!)

in WvW

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

Problem with that is that EotM gives waaaay more ranks than normal WvW much of the time, and is basically PvE.

until one color decides to ransack another color, aggressively defending their borders and such, denying anyone of those ranks.

in WvW

Posted by: tyrellian.3706

tyrellian.3706

It’s a shame.

When I started GW2, I thought ‘WvW isn’t for me, I’m not going to do that!’.

Then I did some WvW because I needed to for world completion, found I actually quite enjoyed it, and now do so regularly.

But if it hadn’t been required for WvW completion, I’d never have got into it in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

So this removes any reason for a player to enter WvW.

All you need to get the Gift of Battle is 28 Laurels and 1200 badges. Badges are also received through achievment chests. Some quick math shows you only need 3500 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I like it. It was hard for certain PvEers to get their world completion on certain servers without transferring. I had to do my WvW completion on FoW server the first time around. And being constantly blue back then, I never had a chance to get green side Vistas and POIs (once with a friend we tried soloing fully upgraded keep in EBG… almost did it… but couldn’t get to the vista while being chased as the green zerg arrived^^).

There was a time of free transfer though, where I “cheated” and went to ruins of surmia to get finally that green side stuff and went back afterwards. So I can sympathize with the pain of needing WvW completion but being denied.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

It’s a shame.

Then I did some WvW because I needed to for world completion, found I actually quite enjoyed it, and now do so regularly.

But if it hadn’t been required for WvW completion, I’d never have got into it in the first place.

This is complete bull. PvP isn’t required for world completion. You’re telling me you haven’t tried it either?

in WvW

Rauderi.8706

This is complete bull. PvP isn’t required for world completion. You’re telling me you haven’t tried it either?

100% map completion. NEVER PvP’d. It can happen.
So calm thyself. Yeesh.

Many alts; handle it!

in WvW

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

It’s a shame.

I got into WvW much in the same way. I was trying to do map completion and failing hard. I saw a suggestion somewhere (Reddit?) that suggested I get on my server’s Teamspeak and follow our map blob.

I did, and quickly found myself having fun in WvW, a game mode I had previously written off as “not for me.”

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

Nothing is quite as fun as ganking a map completer. Oh well, all good things come to an end.

in WvW

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

Can they please keep the per map completion bonuses for WvW, buff them up a bit, and make them very WvW-specific (and highly sought after)? Maybe 2-3 superior siege, 5 traps, and 50-100 badges of honor? The sales value of the superior siege may still entice some PvE involvement in WvW, the WvW’ers will still want to complete the maps instead of ignoring all the vistas, etc. that are left in the maps anyways. Everyone goes away happy.

As it is with the new changes, the POIs, vistas, etc. will not be removed from the maps, but they’re pretty useless if they aren’t part of total map completion.

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Nothing is quite as fun as ganking a map completer. Oh well, all good things come to an end.

This is trolling, right? No respectable roamer should find joy in killing a map completer.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I think the incentive to do WvW should be more than map completion. If you’re upset at losing the small number of players who might stick around after dipping a toe in, I think it’s counterbalanced by players who can’t get a good rotation for completion, or taking up room in server queues.

Personally, I really like the idea of WvW specific rewards. Compare that to the PvP reward tracks. I only recently tried out PvP because I wanted a specific reward. Occasionally I enjoy a pvp match, but mostly it’s something I do to progress the track. So it’s doing it’s job – getting more people to try PvP, and rewarding those that do it a lot. Why shouldn’t you expect the same type of thing for WvW? Map completion wasn’t enough of a carrot.

in WvW

Posted by: Alteros.3019

Alteros.3019

WvW will still be around tomorrow. I am however aghast at how vehemently people want WvW to be at the center of the game despite the actual amount of content being miniscule.

I got into WvW much the same way most of everyone did from the sound of it. I wasn’t planning to but my other half asks me one day a year and a half ago “will you join me for a bit in WvW?”. Well, a year and a half ago, things were very very different. Map completion was not a big deal on most servers until the population realignments began. Then it went from being nothing to challenging to ridiculously difficult.

Suffice to say, I have taken a hiatus from WvW. Not because of map completion, but because of all the other problems plaguing the game mode. We joke about player burn out from WvW, but I’ve seen it (married to one actually). And it’s sad to watch good dedicated players who truly loved the game utterly burn to a crisp and leave the game entirely strictly from playing WvW.

So, if everyone is going to make a hissy fit over map completion not requiring WvW anymore while the rest of WvW has some serious unresolved issues causing people to leave the game entirely, then hold onto your seats. For the first time in a long time I feel optimistic about Anet doing “something” with WvW. If not for the better of WvW, then at least to keep people from leaving the game. A game does need players after all.