Remove Arrow Carts.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Let’s be honest here: they are still to powerful.

Nerf them or get rid of them. Make sieges more fun and competitive.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Djavlas.8249

Djavlas.8249

or at least make them killable

Blackgate – Guardian
Black Talons [BT]

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Frvwfr.4307

Frvwfr.4307

Or just un-nerf mesmers so they can actually kill siege again ;D

Perfect solution

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Astry.9476

Astry.9476

Are you talking about the ones that the commander throws down during the breakout event?

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I, for one, would not like to see WvW become more number oriented. If you can’t match their numbers, kill them with superior firepower…

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Seriousely people stop complaining about things needing to get nerfed, stop whining so much and find new ways to deal with it, we do need a way to kill people…this is also coming from an engineer whos grenades just got nerfed to hell but I still kill with them

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

too powerful? you can stand in them for the full duration and just heal like it’s nothing. And if the enemy has a dozen people on arrow carts, then they deserve to keep whatever they’re defending anyway.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

Please remove gates as well.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Frvwfr.4307

Frvwfr.4307

I, for one, would not like to see WvW become more number oriented. If you can’t match their numbers, kill them with superior firepower…

I do believe that if this is going to be true, then siege prices need to be increased a little bit.

I mean as it is now, I get 5 kills and I can buy an arrow cart. (more or less)
It is a bit cheap seeing as they do so much damage, and there are ways you can place them so the enemy cannot hurt them.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Xarbokk.3195

Xarbokk.3195

Since when are arrow carts unkillable? Most you still can find a way to AoE down if you find the right spot.

Xarbokk Ragnarok
(Warband of Wolves )
Blackgate Server

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

They could actually use a buff imo.

They were nerfed during beta, but that was due to the complaints when everyone was level 30ish. In the live game at 80 they barely tickle.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

They were nerfed during beta, but that was due to the complaints when everyone was level 30ish. In the live game at 80 they barely tickle.

yeah man…get enough armor and you take maybe ~2k from a full barrage.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

NO, WE HAVE TO REMOVE THE RAMS!

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

Haha, I got killed by a ballista last night, can you please nerf them as-well?

Seriously though, usually there’s only 1 guy with an arrow cart defending the fort and if there are a couple attackers it’s no problem to kill the defender unless you bunch up where the arrows are dropping. I vote for leaving them alone.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

In the spirit of the thread starter’s apparent intention, I propose we just do away with defensive structures and points, siege weapons, and the whole map. Put everyone in a cage and let them rumble it out.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

While were at it let’s just get rid of weapons accessories rings and armor too

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Now we’re getting somewhere.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Get rid of rams they shoot jets of fire so op.

Get rid of arrow carts because i don’t like it.

Get rid of catapults because they shoot big fat balls that reminds me of what i saw last night.

Get rid of ballistae because they shoot genitalia.

Get rid of trebs because they remind me of balls on fire.

Get rid of golems because they’re not naked.

lololol.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Djavlas.8249

Djavlas.8249

Since when are arrow carts unkillable? Most you still can find a way to AoE down if you find the right spot.

unless your server or enemy servers are really bad, every wall and gate can have 2-6 unkillable arrow carts.

and to head off a response, having to build trebs to take out arrow carts is ridiculous

Blackgate – Guardian
Black Talons [BT]

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

This might be a shock to you, but you’re not entitled to ramming a gate unopposed. Cata/treb the walls down, problem solved.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

A good ele with AoE firestorm can take out siege on top of the walls or keep the operators away for a while, add to it a mesmer and necro.
Honestly, I agree with someone who said remove the gates as well. Remove towers & keeps so we can all just fight on the streets.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

unless your server or enemy servers are really bad, every wall and gate can have 2-6 unkillable arrow carts.

and to head off a response, having to build trebs to take out arrow carts is ridiculous

unless your server is really bad, they know how to build a catapult.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

…you are kidding right?Erm btw u know u can reach arrowcart by building ballistas and arrowcarts, oh and trebs do a good job at that too.the whole point of this game is , that it shouldn’t be easy to take a tower or keep.
auto attacking gate wont help u anyways!so if they spawn the gate like that,u back off the gate get out of range and build a cata to hit gate or wall, or both at the same time…PROBLEM SOLVED! There is so many ways…

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

lol no..

ac’s are fine just as they are

[SU]

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

why stop there… put a welcoming mat at the gate and open it and DOWN with the walls. no arrowcart buddies dont like secrets. Lets hug and kiss and switch the tower to invading server. Dont forget to provide hospitality while they are getting it on with the guild claiming.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

if anything they arnt powerful enough… they do like no damage to heavy armored high hp folks, i dun usually even bother leaving the arrow cart rain unless there are like 4 or 5 of em shootin at me

tl;dr: get some gear with toughness and vit

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Why people have to be sort of closeminded and why they never try to see things with some realistic thoughts?

Lets get every siege away frm the game , no walls , no gates , only a lord in middle of nothing and 50 defenders circling him like potatoes on a field.

If you can’t even deal with an arrow cart , this game is not for you my friend.Why don’t you play new Mario game or even a new tetris game?They might be more suitable for you.

Arrow cart is a poor siege that can hit well geared man only 300-400 damage with every tick and 1500-2000 total damage.If you are a glass cannon stay out of the range…

(edited by Quentin Fields.1295)

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

I think troll worked.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

This ^

It’s pretty silly that players can simply stand in a rain of arrows without any danger unless there are several arrow carts hitting at once. They only work for area denial when there are enough people to just attack anyway.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

This ^

It’s pretty silly that players can simply stand in a rain of arrows without any danger unless there are several arrow carts hitting at once. They only work for area denial when there are enough people to just attack anyway.

/agree
Indeed pretty silly, people always to forget to run supply and counter atack with siege.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: snacktime.1082

snacktime.1082

This ^

Then use superiors. People don’t stand in those for long.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Thread going according to plan.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I was just standing there admiring the burning oil
when SPLASH
Right in my face!

What’s up with that?

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Thread made me laugh, good job OP at a troll.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Darx.6798

Darx.6798

I would suggest the OP to farm for his karma in Kessex Hills and save the WvW alot for someone else. Kessex hills is a lot safer, and u don’t auto die if u alt-f4.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Dont forget Thife they do more damage then Ballista

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Midius.6501

Midius.6501

I do believe that if this is going to be true, then siege prices need to be increased a little bit.

I mean as it is now, I get 5 kills and I can buy an arrow cart. (more or less)
It is a bit cheap seeing as they do so much damage.

Siege-Weapons aren’t supposed to cost much or should be rare. Why they implemented the JP’s dropping 2 Sieges (what i think is way op..) becouse they want everybody do have a decent amount of blueprints.

The limiting factor for sieges are Ressources. There are only a few spots they are generated and not even very much if you have a very active fight.

But neither would I give AC a buff, they are still very strong if you have 3-4 of them you can hold of pretty much every attack on your door (except katas/trebs).

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Tortun.5946

Tortun.5946

Urrrr no, last night there were 7 of us in a fully upgraded keep up against over 20 people. Without arrow carts we would not have successfully pushed them back. Arrow carts are there to do silly damage to make people think twice and sure a small number of them can be really harmful but one or two are crowd control and other players should be getting in there to increase damage and actually down these foes. An arrow cart alone can’t kill a zerg.

Tortun – Protector of Gandara and Bessie!
WvWvW Player Who Doesn’t Have Much of A Clue

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Tortun.5946

Tortun.5946

Arrow carts are no problems in the field, are they:
So please remove Towers and Fortresses that make them overpowered

To be fair, I don’t think it’s the Towers/Keeps that are the issue, more those pesky invaders… week after week.

Tortun – Protector of Gandara and Bessie!
WvWvW Player Who Doesn’t Have Much of A Clue

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

i’m not certain i believe this. North hills for example really has nowhere to put an arrow cart that it can’t be killed from the ground.

unless it is so far back it can’t hit the people on the ground out front anyways.

-Desirz Matheon

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Build long range siege then. If they are heavily fortified by arrow carts you should not be doing a melee range assault with golems or rams, unless your golem count takes the kitten lol and you can keep shield up constantly.

Aurora Glade [EU]

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Inprognito.9487

Inprognito.9487

Elementalist using Dragon’s Tooth is my favorite way to destroy them.

Monstrosadus
Talons [BT]
http://www.Monstrosadus.com – Monstrosadus now on spotify!

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

Complaining about siege is stupid. Unless people abuse some kind of zoom hack to make arrow carts shoot over doors and what not they are fine. Only a few places in the game allow arrow carts to be placed outside of AoE range while still being effective.

I should know by now cause I play vs Vizunah who use insane amounts of siege to defend stuff.. 6 arrow carts, 3 ballistas, 2 cata’s to defend a tower that has a treb in it? Np!

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

LOL. Lets remove all siege, towers and keeps and make it a 100v100 death match!

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Haha funny man

You know what remove towers/keeps and make it all cappoints….and lets make up a name…….i know we call it SPVP :P

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Elementalist using Dragon’s Tooth is my favorite way to destroy them.

yep.

you don’t need LOS. if you can get a target and stand next to the wall you can kill any cart in the game.

will probably go the way of the mesmer greatsword 4. but until then no arrow cart is safe.

-Desirz Matheon

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Arrow Carts, really? xD … no. They’re perfectly fine.

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

I disagree entirely. Arrow carts are the only siege weapon that is truly effective vs zerging.

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

If they don’t remove Arrow Carts, they should at least nerf the dmg, decrease the range and increase the cost.

The effect that arrow carts currently have is just to powerful.

At least they are not like beta…

Remove Arrow Carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Astry.9476

Astry.9476

Yep, 3 well placed arrow carts can scramble a zerg pretty effectively.