Remove DIRE, what are you waiting for?

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Seriously. At this point I’m just kittened. I see 70% of the roamers using condi. Condi should be damage which should be ADDED to physical by decreasing physical damage. But it shouldnt do 400% damage in relation to physical with a kitten dire build.

Physical damage: Strength, Precision, Ferocity
Condi damage: Condition (+Expertise but I see that more of a pendant to Concentration)

So you basicly get the FULL damage with just one stat. The rest will be used for vitality and thoughness and you got a free casting condi idiot. I tried it out once with thief. You can just kill almost everything except warrior without even knowing what you do. I just need 3 skills, and I win 3on1. Like after 2 hours on thief. Its ok in PvE, no one even cares there. But remove it from WvW, its so kitten toxic. Theres no joy of trying to fight equal numbers with a physical roaming party. Not since chill damage and the confusion spam. We reached a point when we had 30 stacks of confusion on us, but dispells first cleansed immobilize and blindness. Its just sad.

Btw: And people wonder single condis get hunted by roaming parties? Dont wonder if you need to use that fudge.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Yep, it is incredibly over powered and has been for a long time. People are just noticing it a lot more recently and playing dire. I’m praying they nurf it soon, it doesn’t need removed, but it needs nurfed badly. Condition damage should be effected by crit and ferocity and should have less effect based on toughness of the enemies. Dire should essentially be the same as Soldiers in viability.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Seriously. At this point I’m just kittened. I see 70% of the roamers using condi. Condi should be damage which should be ADDED to physical by decreasing physical damage. But it shouldnt do 400% damage in relation to physical with a kitten dire build.

Physical damage: Strength, Precision, Ferocity
Condi damage: Condition (+Expertise but I see that more of a pendant to Concentration)

So you basicly get the FULL damage with just one stat. The rest will be used for vitality and thoughness and you got a free casting condi idiot. I tried it out once with thief. You can just kill almost everything except warrior without even knowing what you do. I just need 3 skills, and I win 3on1. Like after 2 hours on thief. Its ok in PvE, no one even cares there. But remove it from WvW, its so kitten toxic. Theres no joy of trying to fight equal numbers with a physical roaming party. Not since chill damage and the confusion spam. We reached a point when we had 30 stacks of confusion on us, but dispells first cleansed immobilize and blindness. Its just sad.

Btw: And people wonder single condis get hunted by roaming parties? Dont wonder if you need to use that fudge.

So just remove gear and don’t fix the horriblyterribleawful cc system in pvp modes?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Remove dire and we reroll Trailblazer.
Balacing condis are the issue here, not a specific stat combination. But I don’t know how they could balance it without making them more useless than they already are in large scale fighting.

And honestly, most HoT elite specs don’t really favor condi builds. I haven’t had much problems with conditions other than a condi chronomancer since the nerf of chill on reapers. Warriors are a pain, but I normally have a easier time beating a condi warrior than a full power zerker with loads of passive sustain.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Dire and Plex are probably one of if not the most powerful roaming set out there right now. My current build is nigh unkillable in a 1v1 with only a few builds able to bring it to a draw.

Course Durability runes on pretty much anything is just as OP.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Dire and Plex are probably one of if not the most powerful roaming set out there right now. My current build is nigh unkillable in a 1v1 with only a few builds able to bring it to a draw.

Course Durability runes on pretty much anything is just as OP.

You just forgot to mention that you play thief. So you not only have dire and plex but you also have stealth and the highest mobility int he game. Honestly it’s not hard to be unkillable at these conditons. A dire perplex necro in the other hand is likely to die a lot.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Dire and TB are mathematically wildly OP, though, and really should be subsequently removed.\, on top of a condition rework.

Passive confusion on taking damage from perplexity also should be removed (or more preferably, the entire rune set). Stupid to take so much damage just from the act of attacking. Durability would also be a warm welcome to see deleted, but ANet doesn’t have the courage to delete or nerf their precious powercreep expansion.

in WvW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

You have to remember the point, and reason, people run condi is to get past the obscene toughness builds people run. In reality, what I think you want to ask is to remove all the bunker stat sets from WvW like pvp, but that is impossible given it uses pve gear.
To be productive, ask for stat standardisation in WvW with the same amulet concept as pvp.

In the meantime, remember that vitality is the counter to condi. And crit does not affect condi damage but condi output if traited.

Or, you know, bring a proper group comp instead of zerg blobbing so you can have power damage, condi damage, and some support classes to remove conditions and heal in general.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

There no issue with dire armor. I have no problems killing dire armor users in game while at the same time can all but shutdown the damage output of many of those with a given build.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I have 5 thieves

Why?

in WvW

babazhook.6805

I have 5 thieves

Why?

Why not? I like to try different builds be they condition or power staff or p/p dodge/stealth rather than just play one and complain about everyone elses and demand gear be removed because I do not know what makes another build tick.

As well , since i 90 percent of the time in WvW different builds do better in different situations and depending on my mood I will shift up styles and builds.

It much easier to do so with multiple toons. It also cheaper in the long run.

Yes I edited the post after you responded but it just to remove stuff I have siad 20 time sover. This DIRE is OP gets old.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Why not? I like to try different builds (…) It much easier to do so with multiple toons. It also cheaper in the long run.

Idk, with character slot prices this stuff really seen a expensive.

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Why not? I like to try different builds (…) It much easier to do so with multiple toons. It also cheaper in the long run.

Idk, with character slot prices this stuff really seen a expensive.

A slot is all of ten bucks. I get more than that when I take my beer bottles in and that beer cost me a bit more than 10 dollars:)

It just so much easier to have a toon fleshed out and made , not having to change weapon armors runes and the like everytime I want to try a diofferent build. I tried this early on and found the 10 bucks well worth it.

It like those shared inventory slots. It way more conveneient then carrying stuff around or trying to empty the lockers to make more space.

And as to cost consider this. If I wanted to buy a bag slot extra on my toon thats 400 gems. A new toon costs 800 gems and comes with bag slots.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m not sure about anyone else, but the anecdotal evidence based on my experience as to cause of death in WvW runs like this:

1. Death by zerg. Very common.
  2. Death by direct burst. Common.
  3. Death by condition pressure. Seldom, though it does happen. Even rarer, for me, is running into condi burst.

My pet peeve right now is high-sustain bunkers with high burst output. Builds that can shrug off glass direct damage and hit like trucks.

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

To be productive, ask for stat standardisation in WvW with the same amulet concept as pvp.

Please no. I love that WvW sometimes has huge swings in FoTM builds and then huge nerfs a bit later. It helps keeps the game mode interesting.

Players are incredibly creative and they will always find the best build based on whatever changes the dev’s made recently. The devs should let the players be creative and not listen to their tears when they nerf.

My only complaint against ANET in regards to balancing is that the changes don’t come quick enough.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I thought this was a necro at first…didn’t we realize that dire was problematic ages ago? It was removed from sPvP by the time I even heard of it.

Though, yeah…I agree, it’s an unreasonable pain in the butt.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Funny. I have no problem killing 95% of condition builds with minimal condition management. Maybe you just need practice.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Dire isn’t the problem.
Conditions are not the problem.
Bunker is not the problem.
It is the people who always want to win cause they are so totally amazing and awesome legit players vs those who are absolutely terrified that if they die ingame they die irl.

Change yourself before you try to change everyone else.

in WvW

Posted by: peeterske.9134

peeterske.9134

“If you can’t beat them, join them.”

(which is what most have done) XD thats why most have it now too lel. wellp they are not invulnerable, you can always run warrior with melandru runes and throw blueprints on them when they die \o/

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

The other side is that condi builds aren’t worth you-know-what in blobbing/zerging and need a buff.

I try to run a condi build in a blob every few months and go “oh yeah, i remember, condi damage just doesn’t work”.

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The other side is that condi builds aren’t worth you-know-what in blobbing/zerging and need a buff.

I try to run a condi build in a blob every few months and go “oh yeah, i remember, condi damage just doesn’t work”.

Oh condi builds work. But you pretty much have to be a necromancer. Throw down wells and marks, profit as there are so many necros doing it in your blob that your damage WILL go through. Not even a Revenant using Pain Absorption (the counter to condi-anything) can counter that many wells and marks, especially if you corrupt/strip the Resistance off people.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Oh condi builds work. But you pretty much have to be a necromancer. Throw down wells and marks, profit as there are so many necros doing it in your blob that your damage WILL go through. Not even a Revenant using Pain Absorption (the counter to condi-anything) can counter that many wells and marks, especially if you corrupt/strip the Resistance off people.

Yeh, I was playing condi necro/reaper with wells and regularly had about 2400 condition damage. The groups we fought ran boonshare and had resistance up all the time. It’s nowhere near as effective as power builds when playing someone good.

Playing against pugs zergs with 30 players it works great. Playing against an organised guild with a full map queue (20 guildies+30 pugs) it doesn’t work at all because of the resistance, condi clearing and optimised party setup.

I have played both extensively and power is definitely doing more damage.

(edited by dzeRnumbrd.6129)

in WvW

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Tbh I see a vast majority of roamers as power…

And besides, if you’re in a team and have a Mallyx Rev plastered with boon duration… you’re pretty much invuln to condis.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in WvW

Posted by: MilkCarton.4087

MilkCarton.4087

Seriously, conditions were actually op way back 2 years ago. You had food and util that gave you extra 60% condi duration combined, now it’s only half of that. Bleeding was severely nerfed which is a huge hit to condi builds since it’s the most common and easily applied condition. Burning was buffed but the only classes that have a lot of them is DH and ele which suck at condis (and still does). Elite HoT specs mostly benefit power builds. Just look at p/p condi engi, it used to be one of the most dangerous condi builds but now has all but disappeared thanks to elite specs and hammer. I also never see condi rangers anymore.

Also, I call BS on the “70% roamers are condi” unless the only thing you fight are chronos.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

All of this is a matter of trends, and it changes in a matter of weeks. I’m a roamer/small group player, and what I saw is :

1. Roughly 1 month ago, massive condi spammers (revs, chronos…) were all around the place and very effective.
  2. Yet, since several weeks, ultra-bunker builds that can gather a lot of resistance and a tremendous regeneration made the condi build helpless.
  3. Now, power builds are back in the game… which are often more vulnerable to condis.

There’re actually two things that I still see, that don’t change, and that I think should be thought about :

• Stunlock builds (scrappers, mesmers/chronos, berserkers, thieves/daredevils etc.) : lame and unintersting to fight ;
  • Heavy bunker + dmg (condi or physical) at the same time : either you don’t run that build too and you lose, or you run that kind of build, and you engage in a 200 years fight.

So that’s not only a matter of “dire”…

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I rarely see condi builds now, all about that daze and interrupt autowin builds now.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

People play Dire? I thought they were using Trailblazer’s now.

If it’s really an issue, deleting Dire isn’t the solution. Add PvE/WvW only runes that increase your condi clearing to counteract the additional condi pressure that runes like Perplexity add.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

But remove it from WvW, its so kitten toxic…..

Everything in WvW is ‘so kitten toxic’, whether it be insane power damage, laughable levels of disengage of certain builds, boon spam / duration, damage mitigation, perplexity runes, durability runes, draining sigil, etc.

Are you actually deluded enough to believe that everything is fine other than dire/perplexity, newsflash – WvW is a low skilled cheesefest (even by the low standards of a game that is already a low skilled cheesefest) that is terrible for roaming, it always has been, and it only got worse with the powercreep from HoT / 3 full traitlines, most players realised that long ago and either left the game or left WvW.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Everything in WvW is ‘so kitten toxic’, whether it be power damage, laughable levels of disengage of certain builds, boon spam / duration, damage mitigation, perplexity runes, durability runes, draining sigil, etc.

Are you actually deluded enough to believe that everything is fine other than dire/perplexity, newsflash – WvW is a low skilled cheesiest (even by the low standards of a game that is already a low skilled cheesefest) that is terrible for roaming, it always has been, and it only got worse with the powercreep from HoT / 3 full traitlines, most players realised that long ago…

What this guy said. Everything is pretty pathetic now.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Everything in WvW is ‘so kitten toxic’, whether it be insane power damage, laughable levels of disengage of certain builds, boon spam / duration, damage mitigation, perplexity runes, durability runes, draining sigil, etc.

Are you actually deluded enough to believe that everything is fine other than dire/perplexity, newsflash – WvW is a low skilled cheesefest (even by the low standards of a game that is already a low skilled cheesefest) that is terrible for roaming, it always has been, and it only got worse with the powercreep from HoT / 3 full traitlines, most players realised that long ago and either left the game or left WvW.

Evade and stunfest put apart, if everything is toxic, then nothing is toxic. Because if any build you can imagine was cheesy and effective, then fights would be far more interesting, because it’d be a matter time management, surprise effect ; in a nutshell : skill.

Yet, at this moment, we’re more into :

1. Get input on what the current meta is (and there can be a few of them)
  2. Learn and train the appropriate fighting script
  3. Go into WvW, engage, use script, if fails, disengage and run.

The issue GW2 always had is any tweak and balance ANet tries always lead to new metas everyone starts to run, then learn how to counter, then run the new meta rol until new big balance changes.

Solving this needs a huge balance work . To me, the 2 top priorities should be :

• HUGE healing buff.
  • Strong rework of useless weapons and utilities.

The point is to get more variety of builds for each profession, and have them effective. The point is to get rid of “If you play insert profession here, then you won’t do anything unless you run insert meta here.” current trend.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You’re delusional if you think removing dire would fix condi builds.The removal of stats is Not what we need,proper condi balancing across all classes is what we need.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

if everything is toxic, then nothing is toxic. Because if any build you can imagine was cheesy and effective, then fights would be far more interesting,

Not really, it would only be interesting for players who enjoy playing low skilled, cheesy builds, for anyone else, it is just a low skilled, cheesy game that is not worth playing.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

You’re delusional if you think removing dire would fix condi builds.The removal of stats is Not what we need,proper condi balancing across all classes is what we need.

Yup

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

If you complain about condi in wvw, you must be a roamer. Condi is underpowered in zerg battles. I sometimes run condi on my necro and find that I am much less effective. With all the resistance-spamming from Revs and boonshare mesmers, condi is a poor build.

Osu

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Everytime I read another of these posts as to how skilled players were once before and how everyone has it so easy now I am reminded of the skit by Monty Python.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

People play Dire? I thought they were using Trailblazer’s now.

If it’s really an issue, deleting Dire isn’t the solution. Add PvE/WvW only runes that increase your condi clearing to counteract the additional condi pressure that runes like Perplexity add.

Trailblazer is expensive af… It’s not every WvW’er who have that much gold to spend.

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

Necros be like “I’m not broken” meanwhile they just 1 shot people with condi bombs.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Necros be like “I’m not broken” meanwhile they just 1 shot people with condi bombs.

Please… I can kill condi necros using condis myself… Necro isn’t all that mean anymore. Funny enough condi necros cannot take much condi pressure, and right now Chronocancer can easily outweight a necro on that matter (15+ stacks of torment AND confusions wut?). Just load them with condis, dodge the plague signet, stay away from staff 4 and watch them die.