Remove Oakhearts or Remove Rally

in WvW

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Please fix or remove the Rally system from Oakheart Vines… they rally people …. all the time and it’s annoying.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

(edited by Sazukikrah.5036)

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

The ones around SMC? I’ve never seen anyone rally on one, I try to avoid them because they’re a pain in the kitten but I don’t mind them being there for ambience.

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

Please fix or remove the Rally system from OakHart Vines… they rally people …. all the time and it’s annoying.

Sounds like you got outplayed

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

outplayed by oakhearts….haha.
For anyone who doesnt know oakhearts have a ton of hp, rallying off them is something you cannot do in downed state unless a ton of attacks/damage has been directed at them beforehand. They are also out of the way from any objectives, fighting near them is a choice.

This is clearly a learn to play issue. Did you get binded by their roots too? lol. Dodge 1 second AFTER they slam the ground and u will avoid the roots. You ever played on eotm solo? The ai and npc’s there are like oakhearts x2 in their mechanics…..it takes some actual thought and skill to take down the ai there unlike in wvsw. You’d be freaking out if they implemented that kind of ai into wvsw

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

I agree, I doubt they rallied off the oakheart, probably something else they hit earlier. What’s annoying is the non-vet spiders on the Alpine BL in the northwest, have had plenty of people rally off of those.

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

And here I don’t rally off a Dolyak.. GG Anet x.x

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

They removed rally from creatures lower ranked than vet. Probably code reasons so you could still rally off guard and this is an (un)intended consequence.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

No im saying the Oakhearts vines… the immob skill that It does. It puts down these little vines that grapple you and if you kill it in down state it resses you

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

That evil oakheart has caused me to lose that dg sentry so many times.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

The oakhearts are fun and shouldn’t get removed from ebg. Op you just need to get good if your being killed by an npc lol.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

Guys.. Read.
He’s talking about the vines, spawned by the Oakhearts’ root ability. Not the Oakhearts themselves..
It’s like rallying off a Ranger’s Binding Roots. It’s an issue, and probably not intentional.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Killing a Sylvari doesn’t count towards the plant slayer achievement, some things are just broken!

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

@Najten, oh. I’d never seen that, so I assumed he meant the oakhearts

@Lahmia, I know they removed rallying off of vets a long time ago, i’ve been playing since way before. My comment was that ppl can still rally off of the non-vet spiders in nw alpine, as having to be a bug.

in WvW

Posted by: noot.8641

noot.8641

There are so many creatures in wvw you can still rally off, it shouldn’t be.. only from guards imo, and yes the vines from oakheart is prolly the most annoying one.
Also you can rally of siege, they should remove that too.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Please fix or remove the Rally system from Oakheart Vines… they rally people …. all the time and it’s annoying.

Lol op died to an oakheart and now wants anet to remove it. Is very much a l2p issue.

in WvW

Posted by: schloumou.3982

schloumou.3982

The amount of people who are lacking the reading comprehension to understand a single simple sentence amazes me.

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

They should remove any rallying from ambient creatures, hostile or not.
If i have to choose even guards should not rally if killed.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

My only issue with the oakhearts is that they are usually the LAST thing that shows up on my screen, usually after I’ve damaged them.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

TBH never had any issue with this. Maybe I Just did not notice it?

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Lol op died to an oakheart and now wants anet to remove it. Is very much a l2p issue.

Lol you got some hilariously glaring l2read issues yourself

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in WvW

BeepBoopBop.5403

This has been an issue forever. Go down next to an oak heart, let it vine immobilize you and then kill the vine in downed state. You should rally unless they patched it.

in WvW

Justine.6351

I mean do the roots even cause bleed? I just don’t understand how they killed you? Maybe the oakheart used fist slam on top of you idk? Still don’t know how he killed you.

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

Sounds more like he downed someone but said down rallied off the roots. Else he wouldn’t be complaining about it. Fair argument.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

I mean do the roots even cause bleed? I just don’t understand how they killed you? Maybe the oakheart used fist slam on top of you idk? Still don’t know how he killed you.

I still don’t understand why you don’t comprehend his argument… truly, either you are trolling (which is a definite possibility) or you didn’t actually read what he said, nor the comment that you didn’t read it.

in WvW

Tifa.6473

I still don’t understand why you don’t comprehend his argument… truly, either you are trolling (which is a definite possibility) or you didn’t actually read what he said, nor the comment that you didn’t read it.

It clearly reads in the title remove oakhearts or remove rally. Yes rallying players should be fixed but remove oakhearts! That would be a hell No. Those oakhearts do their job and deserve to stay.

Tifa
Reaper

in WvW

Justine.6351

And I mean oakheart walk so slow you can run away if they are killing you…
If you need some safe practice, go to queensdale and near the swamp there are a few. I practice on those during late night so people don’t interfere with oakheart and my 1v1 duels.

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

They should remove any rallying from ambient creatures, hostile or not.
If i have to choose even guards should not rally if killed.

Wait, Op died to an ambient? Geez, he should maybe work on his skills and test his gear, surely there’s a good dueling area somewhere…

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

If you need some safe practice, go to queensdale and near the swamp there are a few. I practice on those during late night so people don’t interfere with oakheart and my 1v1 duels.

Ok, learn to read to understand issue here.
Scenario…..
Justine is fighting Sazu and they wander to near oakheart.
Justine manages to down Sazu and oakheart does a tangle root attack.
Both players are rooted.
Meanwhile Sazu starts killing the tangle root on him in his down state.
He kills the root and is raised…..and can battle again

**However she might just be trolling, so i don’t know.

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

Scenario…..
Both players are rooted.

Rest of the scenario:

Roots down Justine, and in comes OP looking at 2 free bags on the ground. Both duelers rally off vines, kill OP, bow to each other and start dueling again.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Justine.6351

Scenario…..
Both players are rooted.

Rest of the scenario:

Roots down Justine, and in comes OP looking at 2 free bags on the ground. Both duelers rally off vines, kill OP, bow to each other and start dueling again.

That happened once,
Except the oakheart didn’t bow,
He just stood there and smiled as my druid cast a water field on his roots and he returned to neutral state.

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

Why do people think I died to a Oakheart lol… it clearly says it rally’s people, it doesn’t say it rallied me… It’s a bug that exist in the game which rally’s people if they kill the entangling vines. That’s it.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Justine.6351

Why do people think I died to a Oakheart lol… it clearly says it rally’s people, it doesn’t say it rallied me… It’s a bug that exist in the game which rally’s people if they kill the entangling vines. That’s it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warrior%27s_Sprint

You can literally hop out of the roots without having to kill them even. Blaming oakheart for ruining your fights is sad at best. Whats next? The little white rabbits ganking you during duels?

https://youtu.be/pmu5sRIizdw

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I don’t think you understand the OP. It’s saying people rally off the VINES the oakheart is throwing on people, not dying to the oakheart itself……

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

I don’t think you understand the OP. It’s saying people rally off the VINES the oakheart is throwing on people, not dying to the oakheart itself……

Obvious Troll is obvious. Not even gonna continue to read their trash. This forum post was directed to Anet devs anyway.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Now if only there was a way for the Oakheart to pull the grub to SMC.

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

Ok, learn to read to understand issue here.
Scenario…..
Both players are rooted.
Meanwhile Sazu starts killing the tangle root on him in his down state.
He kills the root and is raised…..and can battle again

You should have used words that were no longer than four letters. They still don’t get it…

in WvW

BeepBoopBop.5403

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warrior%27s_Sprint

You can literally hop out of the roots without having to kill them even. Blaming oakheart for ruining your fights is sad at best. Whats next? The little white rabbits ganking you during duels?

https://youtu.be/pmu5sRIizdw

Zz this isn’t even good trolling please log off and don’t return

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

I’ll look into this.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Since we’re talking about issues with monsters in WvW, can the number of Ascalonians by blue keep finally be toned down or made non-aggressive? They ruin fights and escapes anywhere near the keep for defenders by forcing combat early and slowing down responses to attackers.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Better yet, turn them all into aggressive overgrown grubs.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Odinens.5920

Odinens.5920

Watched someone kill an Oakheart with a ram the other night. Funny stuff.

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

Since we’re talking about issues with monsters in WvW, can the number of Ascalonians by blue keep finally be toned down or made non-aggressive? They ruin fights and escapes anywhere near the keep for defenders by forcing combat early and slowing down responses to attackers.

Either turning all enemies into neutral (yellow) ones or removing them all together would be great.

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

I saw something interesting today that might be relevant to this thread. While in Frostgorge Sound I saw a player fighting the champion Snow Troll and get downed when they got frozen by the Ice Shard, but that player rallied when the Ice shard was destroyed. The mechanics could be similar if not identical.

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

Just give participation for killing any creatures anywhere and they will no longer be a rallying problem or a complaint

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

Yes I agree with either turning them all neutral (Yellow) or just remove the ambient npcs altogether.. What purpose do they really serve? To make WvW feel alive?

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Tifa.6473

Yes I agree with either turning them all neutral (Yellow) or just remove the ambient npcs altogether.. What purpose do they really serve? To make WvW feel alive?

Sure lets just remove npcs to make wvw more boring because the npc kill a few people. Whats next remove all guards because they can kill you too. Seriously anet please stop listening to people wanting to nerf everything so that the game ends up being a waste land with nothing in it.

Tifa
Reaper

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

It mainly helps guards (sword 2 skill and Judge’s Intervention) and revs (Phase Traversal) when chased to get away.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I’ll look into this.

Gonna look into nerfing downed state to hell in wvw finally aswell ?

in WvW

Justine.6351

I’ll look into this.

Going to log into WvW patch that makes sylvari druids using arrow carts cause roots on enemies.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Sure lets just remove npcs to make wvw more boring because the npc kill a few people. Whats next remove all guards because they can kill you too. Seriously anet please stop listening to people wanting to nerf everything so that the game ends up being a waste land with nothing in it.

Well they did also say turning them into yellow mobs which I think is the best solution. That way they at as a sort of mine field so AoE heavy classes fighting in the area might end up with a harder fight than anticipated if they aren’t careful. Though who doesn’t like a good chastisement over one half of the story!