Remove Transformation Tonics

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Please remove these tonics from wvw. There is no point in having them in wvw in the first place, and some of them, specifically the mummy tonic grant an unfair advantage in wvw in that when chasing an opponent down or running away, you can quickly transform into a mummy and use the dash skill – cancel the tonic and reactivate a new one, and do it again. Giving you an unlimited use 800 yard dash which is actually an unfair advantage.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Ugh, please nooo. I love my tonics and I don’t use them for evil… Unless you count stomping people in Doll tonic form evil.

Remove the ones that are used in an exploitative way and leave the others.

It’s fun to play around with tonics, instruments and toys when you’re bored or wanting to show that you’re neutral when around an enemy player.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

This is why we can’t have nice things…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

How about you just ask for that dash to be changed rather than remove yet another fun thing from WvW.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Please remove these tonics from wvw. There is no point in having them in wvw in the first place, and some of them, specifically the mummy tonic grant an unfair advantage in wvw in that when chasing an opponent down or running away, you can quickly transform into a mummy and use the dash skill – cancel the tonic and reactivate a new one, and do it again. Giving you an unlimited use 800 yard dash which is actually an unfair advantage.

Yup. Any tonics that provide movement should get the boot.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

This.

Also I’m still in pain over no longer being able to use banners while transformed…..it was the only fun way to run with random zergs in ebg and nows its gone.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

+1 well said

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Plz no. I need to be able to turn into a giant frog. It is necessary.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

aka. “The Complainer”

Hmmm

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

Well to be honest Tonics do not have any good place in wvw it wouldn’t kill anything if they were completely disabled in the wvw maps, besides a few trolls and people trying a little too hard to win.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Well I mean you could at least disable them infight.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Would there be a way for ANet to disable any tonics or stuff that gives you active new skills ? Like the example above Dash. Alternatively just make a WvW variant of all tonics or the entire tonic transform effect to remove all such skills ? So people could still transform for the look ?

I like some tonics and stuff in WvW, I’m especially sad that my Frying Pan doesn’t work in WvW I keep wanting to use it to cook up a mean with flaming vomit and all when the group is taking a short break, or dueling or something.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

I have like 30 infinite tonics and never leave wvw. This post could cost me like 200g. Thanks fam.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Well to be honest Tonics do not have any good place in wvw it wouldn’t kill anything if they were completely disabled in the wvw maps, besides a few trolls and people trying a little too hard to win.

Tonics have a MORALE place in wvw and it would kill FUN if they all were completely disabled. It would kill Jellyfish Zergs that I’ve seen some guilds do. The suggestion to disable all tonics simply because of one particular tonic and type of player is awful.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Kro.7984

Kro.7984

Who is up for a giant snowball face off? Desert borderlands of course!

in WvW

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

Honestly tonics have little good use anywhere. Following this logic tonics should be disabled everywhere.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I love my snowball… the magic carpet was a fad. But that snowball… I mean man, it’s HUGE

in WvW

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

I once chased a blackgate off a cliff as a princess. They just shouldn’t have skills. I say leave the tonics take away the skills.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

in WvW

Posted by: Taldeer.6720

Taldeer.6720

Don’t you dare ruin my precious RP, you fiend.

Wenova

Best RPer OCX

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

I once chased a blackgate off a cliff as a princess. They just shouldn’t have skills. I say leave the tonics take away the skills.

Yes this! Buying up more tonics now…