Remove Vizunah Square from the European Serverpool or...

in WvW

Posted by: Toubzsky.6087

Toubzsky.6087

Even if we would be better the rest of they day it’s absolutely impossible to conquer all that back what was capped with minimum effort at night.

The fact is you’re not better the rest of the day so what’s the problem ?

in WvW

Posted by: Maximelene.6794

Maximelene.6794

Again, this is not a 24/24 battle… is a “from 3am to 7am war”, so as you can see your magical persistent WvW does not exists even now.

And what is your excuse for the rest of the day ? Why can’t you capture your positions back ?

in WvW

Posted by: Grushy.7126

Grushy.7126

Even if we would be better the rest of they day it’s absolutely impossible to conquer all that back what was capped with minimum effort at night.

The fact is you’re not better the rest of the day so what’s the problem ?

so you are ok with 1 server doing average pvp doing the day, but winning with incredible gap of points only because 3/4 hours of PVE during night

hardcore pvp players… wait what

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

What kind of wvw are you doing at night? Building rams in front of gates, killing a boss and go to bed with +700 points and an empty world conquered.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Grushy.7126

Again, this is not a 24/24 battle… is a “from 3am to 7am war”, so as you can see your magical persistent WvW does not exists even now.

And what is your excuse for the rest of the day ? Why can’t you capture your positions back ?

because orbs of power? because once you own all the map you have built a so large advantage in supply that is impossible to siege you effectively? because with controlling the map you need only to form a big zerg and roam the map crushing every possible resistance?

man, you have not done so much WvW i guess

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

How do you think it’s possible to recap that much positions over the day when stats are equal?

in WvW

Posted by: Thorvald.5432

Thorvald.5432

lock borderlands capping during sleep time. Fair for EU people since they sleep anyway, if some Canadian is playing on Vizu [fr] you force them to migrate to a US server, where they should play fairly according to their timezone.

And then we have queue all time except during lock, so we can never play. The night time is the only schedule in where you actually have a chance to get in and play.

It’s a 24/7 game. Trying to change that can only make it worse.

Also I shall remind you all, that the points is only for match making purpose. It doesn’t stop you from playing during your gametime.
People focus too much on points. But isn’t WvW about having fun and participating in big battles ? When I manage to go inside in WvW at 4:00 am, I don’t care about getting points for my server. I play because I am having fun (and it is not door bashing like most people suggest)

Like I said before, if there is a problem beside queues, that’s the orb of power. They give too much advantage and are too easy to take at reset. On DAoC, you needed to unlock the relic fort by taking a chain of keep. And then, you still had to breaks doors.
Here in GW2, the orb are just freeloot. The lord is very weak, no door, no wall, nothing to make a defense.

Invaders [Inv] – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Muan.1029

Muan.1029

Epic kitten thread, you made my day.

Muan — Janitor of [CaSu]
Vizunah Square

in WvW

Grushy.7126

lock borderlands capping during sleep time. Fair for EU people since they sleep anyway, if some Canadian is playing on Vizu [fr] you force them to migrate to a US server, where they should play fairly according to their timezone.

And then we have queue all time except during lock, so we can never play. The night time is the only schedule in where you actually have a chance to get in and play.

It’s a 24/7 game. Trying to change that can only make it worse.

Also I shall remind you all, that the points is only for match making purpose. It doesn’t stop you from playing during your gametime.
People focus too much on points. But isn’t WvW about having fun and participating in big battles ? When I manage to go inside in WvW at 4:00 am, I don’t care about getting points for my server. I play because I am having fun (and it is not door bashing like most people suggest)

Like I said before, if there is a problem beside queues, that’s the orb of power. They give too much advantage and are too easy to take at reset. On DAoC, you needed to unlock the relic fort by taking a chain of keep. And then, you still had to breaks doors.
Here in GW2, the orb are just freeloot. The lord is very weak, no door, no wall, nothing to make a defense.

sorry to crush you dream but if you enter WvW at 4am you are not pvping, you are doing pve, fact

in WvW

Posted by: Thorvald.5432

Thorvald.5432

sorry to crush you dream but if you enter WvW at 4am you are not pvping, you are doing pve, fact

So i guess killing player at this hour is considered PvE because they are zombie who can’t sleep ?

Invaders [Inv] – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Maximelene.6794

Hi Desolation !

It’s 11am, and your last camp just got captured !

Are canadians still playing at this time or… are we just better ?

Attachments:

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

There had to be really tough fights with many wvw kills going on I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: GaiFaux.3261

GaiFaux.3261

If you cant beat em join em lelelele i dont speak a word of french i just want a free ride to win and gold :P guess how much gold ive made since i joined Vizuna? I could buy you ahahaha.

in WvW

Posted by: Esaam.9042

Esaam.9042

The thing is we don’t have much Québécois. Of course we do have some but I’m pretty sure we don’t have many of them. In my alliance (Grand Cross) but for a few people, all members are from France. We do have a handful of people players that do live in Guadeloupe, Réunion, etc. but they are in French territories.

However we do have a lot players that only play at night. And they are quite structured because that’s what we are asking from them.

Esaam: Moringólemo of Fëar Morniëo – Grand Cross Alliance – Vizunah square

in WvW

Posted by: Charlouf.1985

Charlouf.1985

No it’s not a war. It’s a game. And it’s impossible to win against servers who cap everything at night time.

Then… dont win ? its just a game, stop complain
whine “we want major RVR changes cause we are 2nd Euro everytime”

really ?

in WvW

Esaam.9042

Please do consider that 24h rounds are just warmups. Just be patient and don’t overestimate too much a server’s strengh based on very short periods where burst of point caps prevails over anything else.

I’m pretty sure that 2 weeks rounds will be more balanced. In the mean time, just enjoy the game (that is if you are not stuck in 4h+ long queues).

in WvW

Maximelene.6794

Oh, you got some points back ! I thought it was too hard…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Kayato.9178

Kayato.9178

11 am : Desolation got his first point. I think we should close WvW between 1am and 11 am …

in WvW

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

Oh, you got some points back ! I thought it was too hard…

Now now, there’s no need to be facetious. You know that gap is too big at this time of day to be the result of balanced play. You also know that it’s the result of mechanics.

In the day the french play well, and it’s enjoyable to play against them. Starting the day with no chance of clawing those kinds of points back is not fun… and this is a game, fun is the key metric.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in WvW

Parthis.2091

Okey so they lead by 80k points when EUROPEANS THAT PLAY ON EUROPEAN SERVERS WAKE UP ( EXEPT VIZUNAH SQUARE , THEY NOT EUROPEAN SERVER , TONS OF AFRICANS CANADIANS AND AUSTRALIANS PLAY THERE ) abusing our night sleep to get 80K POINTS ( thats right 80k POINTS) . So please remove them ASAP from the european servers ( they not europeans at all there) , devs can check the accounts and see that over 80% of the population is not european but the one i mentioned above ! Why we got to endure this ? We payed for this game to have an equal chance ! We from Far Shiverpeaks and Desolation , idk about riverside will start a petition to remove this server from WvW against or we will go a non-combat stance in WvW until this problem is fix ! We can’t take it anymore !

Ignore this guy. He doesn’t represent the majority of Deso, Shivers or Riverside players.

There are mechanical improvements Anet can make to the game to solve these problems. All we’d like at this point is an acknowledgement that Anet are aware of these kinds of problems, and are tracking it, with a view to changing if it doesn’t balance in time.

Calling for a server to be removed and starting childish petitions does nothing but fan the flames.

in WvW

Maximelene.6794

Okey so they lead by 80k points when EUROPEANS THAT PLAY ON EUROPEAN SERVERS WAKE UP ( EXEPT VIZUNAH SQUARE , THEY NOT EUROPEAN SERVER , TONS OF AFRICANS CANADIANS AND AUSTRALIANS PLAY THERE ) abusing our night sleep to get 80K POINTS ( thats right 80k POINTS) . So please remove them ASAP from the european servers ( they not europeans at all there) , devs can check the accounts and see that over 80% of the population is not european but the one i mentioned above ! Why we got to endure this ? We payed for this game to have an equal chance ! We from Far Shiverpeaks and Desolation , idk about riverside will start a petition to remove this server from WvW against or we will go a non-combat stance in WvW until this problem is fix ! We can’t take it anymore !

OH MY GOD LET’S USE CAPS LOCK IT MAKE WHAT I SAY (even if it’s totally false) SO TRUE !

I would really like to know your “sources” for this 80% (hey, it was 50% yesterday). I don’t even have a canadian in my guild, and we’re part of Grand Cross…

in WvW

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

And another thing) I saw alot of players say that they got structured wvw in FR server and other stuff ! Then I am gonna ask 1 question to you guys :
Why at night you got +400 points and during european daytime you don’t pass 200 ? Hahahaha where is the structured mate ? Destroyed by actual good tactics of Far Shiverpeaks ? hahaha L . A . M . E .

in WvW

Posted by: Kniveus.7926

Kniveus.7926

Actually, there is a buff if your server have less people on it, and i don’t think canadians play that much on Vizunah, the ping would be really high, and in RvR, high ping + clipping would be really problematic.
Just to explain, Vizunah host a lot of big guilds which can’t play together in daytime because of the overpopulation but can at night time.

in WvW

dani.1956

So you tell me FR dont sleep dont shower just play the game ? Coz I’m sure when i check FR server at 4 am was que at WvW !

in WvW

Posted by: Uder.9187

Uder.9187

Because we dont have so many unemployed people on our server?

I actually enjoy playing against the french, whenever i got a zerg half as big as the french and we run into them they flee like chickens, isnt your national symbol a (male) chicken? Maybe that´s why!

The Iron Triangle – Desolation
Leina Shade | Svea Lightbringer | Maximus Ironhide | Mara Deathblossom

in WvW

Maximelene.6794

And another thing) I saw alot of players say that they got structured wvw in FR server and other stuff ! Then I am gonna ask 1 question to you guys :
Why at night you got +400 points and during european daytime you don’t pass 200 ? Hahahaha where is the structured mate ? Destroyed by actual good tactics of Far Shiverpeaks ? hahaha L . A . M . E .

Well, then the score should be even ?

Why are they not ?

Oh, because that’s not true.

L . A . M . E .

in WvW

Posted by: warboss.1362

warboss.1362

oh… now we have africans and australians
chineese tomorrow?

in WvW

Maximelene.6794

Oh, so it’s about unemployed players now.

Unemployed canadians should really feel bad right now…

in WvW

Charlouf.1985

this is from yesterday dude ( or maybe 2 days ago, who cares?)
look at minimap :
-is 16h36 “DAY” enough ?
-is + 395 at end of afternoon is “+200 enough” ?
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/700221gw074.jpg

(edited by Charlouf.1985)

in WvW

Kniveus.7926

I actually enjoy playing against the french, whenever i got a zerg half as big as the french and we run into them they flee like chickens, isnt your national symbol a (male) chicken? Maybe that´s why!

Last time i checked, we wreck you 90% of the time while we are 50% less than you in teamfight, that’s why we can handle 2 front and beat both.

in WvW

Posted by: Willow.6458

Willow.6458

kitten

You are really all stupid if you think that we are Quebecois.

If we were him we could not play it EU, finally it seems to me.

Then stop rabies and to go to learn has to play in team. Take example on the GF!

in WvW

Parthis.2091

Actually, there is a buff if your server have less people on it, and i don’t think canadians play that much on Vizunah, the ping would be really high, and in RvR, high ping + clipping would be really problematic.
Just to explain, Vizunah host a lot of big guilds which can’t play together in daytime because of the overpopulation but can at night time.

Have you seen the buff? It’s pretty bad. Increases your magic find. No really, it does. It doesn’t do anything to help with the pop gap.

No problem if that’s the reason btw; a load of late night Viz players, so be it. But it’s still a problem that needs to be resolved; the US servers are experiencing these issues too. The reality is that massive population differences at night is leading to unwinnable matches during the day.

I’m sure the members of Vizunah would prefer to be number one in the EU because of their ability to play well, as opposed to dominate empty maps at night, right? It’s in everyone’s interest to get these balances addressed.

in WvW

Esaam.9042

It’s part because of Green Fire that is huuuuuuuge, it’s timzeone and its use of very effective WvW tactics and part because during prime time most of the structured guilds on VS can’t get more than 20% of their members in WvW (yesterday we were 13 [FM] for 56 in queue).

in WvW

Kniveus.7926

Have you seen the buff? It’s pretty bad. Increases your magic find. No really, it does. It doesn’t do anything to help with the pop gap.

No problem if that’s the reason btw; a load of late night Viz players, so be it. But it’s still a problem that needs to be resolved; the US servers are experiencing these issues too. The reality is that massive population differences at night is leading to unwinnable matches during the day.

I’m sure the members of Vizunah would prefer to be number one in the EU because of their ability to play well, as opposed to dominate empty maps at night, right? It’s in everyone’s interest to get these balances addressed.

Believe me, map aren’t that empty by night, Desolation and Far Shiverpeaks are as many as us, except when we start crushing them and they start ragequitting.

in WvW

Charlouf.1985

ragequit start at 4h gmt+2 usually
(i’m from the nightshift, and i drink french canadian blood)

in WvW

dani.1956

this is from yesterday dude ( or maybe 2 days ago, who cares?)
look at minimap :
-is 16h36 “DAY” enough ?
-is + 395 at end of afternoon is “+200 enough” ?
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/700221gw074.jpg

Yea players actualy got a job , they work for $ ! I dont wanna talk about jobs coz i know you guys dont got any ! Can you post a pic at 19-20 please ?

in WvW

Charlouf.1985

Yea players actualy got a job , they work for $ ! I dont wanna talk about jobs coz i know you guys dont got any ! Can you post a pic at 19-20 please ?

oh right, now u got a job ? where are -200 and french canadian ?
well, now u wanna lock pvp from 1h(reset) to 20h now ? cause “you work” ?

i will screen a 19/20h screen just for you, hope u sure about ur supremacy on day, ok ?

in WvW

dani.1956

Learning some english ?

in WvW

Posted by: steffosef.2580

steffosef.2580

Learning some english ?

Sorry we can’t. Remember, we didn’t get an education, so we don’t have a job atm.

in WvW

warboss.1362

Learning some english ?

not canadian it seems

in WvW

Posted by: Xenobius.3197

Xenobius.3197

TBH I have no idea why people think that “persistent” 24h PvP is a good thing for GW2 in it’s current state at all.
Think of it – in a game that forcibly resets the WvW status on a daily (weekly, soon enough) basis to give participants theoretically equal opportunities over and over again, simply exploiting the fact that some people have to sleep is the most efficient way of playing. Am I the only one who thinks that this kind of logic is beyond flawed?

I could understand a necessity for all-timezone coverage in a game with no instances, open and truly persistent world, but last time I checked, GW2 features only instanced, pretending-to-be-organized kind of PvP, no?

There is a reason why race drivers wait for the flag to drop before stomping the pedals instead of going “oh, what the heck” and starting early to gain a decisive lead while others wait. While I realize that atm WvW battle restrictions are nonexistent and on paper, nothing prevents you from camping it 24/7, some mechanic must be introduced to either move the whole WvW thing closer to organized PvP (think lockout periods based on server location), or turn it into a total 24h FFA Battle Royale with no resets whatsoever and a different point/reward system.

In other words, WvW system should either stop pretending to be fair at all, or become much, much more restrictive in terms of when, where and how we fight. Because as it stands now, I find it hard to believe people will have any lasting motivation to actually participate in it for meager bonuses and questionable “top server” position.

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

How great you guys play is pretty obvious right now. You lost 300 points in about an hour. Without that 3 relics from the night shift .. yeah, it has to be french skill!

in WvW

Posted by: sarmatiko.2843

sarmatiko.2843

I just popped to say that, hey, it’s 4 am here, and I’m still playing. I’m not canadian, but I just capped like… all your points !

Community of serious “pro-pvp” players of VS probably have so much fun fighting empty keeps and castle doors with no resistance. Why you guys even playing in “normal PVP” in the evenings with secured pool of 50-60k points each day?

For us (member of GF here) VS is a good and interesting enemy (can’t say so about Desolation/Riverside – they have less organized forces atm). But let’s be honest – we don’t have resources to fight hordes of unemployed players 24/7 during the all week. We will have CTA events for sure with predicted results for VS (like your hopeless loss on Saturday) just to put you from skies back to the ground, but for the rest of the time you can enjoy your stay and have fun with empty night maps.

On the other hand, Anet should hurry to fix some design flaws, because after some time players on “servers with lifers” will just drop WvWvW participation completely.
Vizunah Square, ask yourself: do you really want to play this game without interesting WvWvW? Will you transfer to NA servers to have matchups with other 24/7 servers after few months of “interesting night shift domination against empty worlds”? How many of your serious players and daoc veterans will drop GW2 after month with constant row of unsatisfactory victories?

(edited by sarmatiko.2843)

in WvW

Kniveus.7926

I just popped to say that, hey, it’s 4 am here, and I’m still playing. I’m not canadian, but I just capped like… all your points !

Community of serious “pro-pvp” players of VS probably have so much fun fighting empty keeps and castle doors with no resistance. Why you guys even playing in “normal PVP” in the evenings with secured pool of 50-60k points each day?

For us (member of GF here) VS is a good and interesting enemy (can’t say so about Desolation/Riverside – they have less organized forces atm). But let’s be honest – we don’t have resources to fight hordes of unemployed players 24/7 all week. We will have CTA events for sure with predicted results for VS (like your hopeless loss on Saturday) just to put you from skies back to the ground, but for the rest of the time you can enjoy your stay and have fun with the empty maps.

On the other hand, Anet should hurry to fix some design flaws, because after some time players on “servers with lifers” will just drop WvWvW participation completely.
Vizunah Square, ask yourself: do you really want to play this game without interesting WvWvW? Will you transfer to NA servers to have matchups with other 24/7 servers after few months of “interesting night shift domination against empty worlds”?

The map aren’t empty. And your Borodino was nice, do it again !

in WvW

Charlouf.1985

But let’s be honest – we don’t have resources to fight hordes of unemployed players 24/7 during the all week.

ur right, and u should recruit some spanish guys, lot of availaible players there for nightshift atm (crisis stuff).

we know the reset time is better for france (1h) than russia(3h) we got much more people on our server rvr is queued quite 24/7, change the reset timer on a 15days shift is a false solution ( 15night following the reset)
can we do something about that ? no
do we want to ? not really, just cause we dont care, if they lock some stuff, we will still win, even if they reduce points at night etc..

cause if they tweak some stuff, u will just find a tons of excuses, as french canadian, unemploiement, 3h difference, kittenrain etc.

(edited by Charlouf.1985)

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

And for the record, during Shiverpeak peaktime we beat the french and desolation 9/10 times, we can never close the score gap with dem canadians tho.

You do not. That only happened a few times.

There is no canadian (or so little it doesn’t matter). If you want proof ask ANet.

Why do we have so many people late at night ? Because we cannot login before reset. And if you don’t get in the minute the reset happens, you have to wait till 4 AM to get in.
Since we are WvW freaks, we are frustrated not being able to play, so if we managed to get in, we want to play more than what we would normally do.

Also we have the biggest and oldest alliance of guilds from DAoC with the most experience in RvR strategy and discipline. This include great leaders able to command random people and communicate between various map to address needs of defense and attacks.

Yes we play more and later than most other servers but, we are not to blame. ANet is at fault with :
1. not having sorted queue problems
2. First to get 3 orb of power after reset wins.

Be honest. FS beats you in prime time. So much to be “best organized EU pvp guilds”, when all your victories come from night pve.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in WvW

Posted by: Mine Laces.7108

Mine Laces.7108

Just answering to people asking “why don’t you get objectives back as soon as you wake up then??1!!1!”
Since they cap everything during night time without opponents , they can easly upgrade objectives to make more difficult to take it back .
Anyway they also look more organized then us .

“Smashing doors at 5am … fun fun fun fun fun” Rebecca Black

in WvW

Maximelene.6794

How great you guys play is pretty obvious right now. You lost 300 points in about an hour. Without that 3 relics from the night shift .. yeah, it has to be french skill!

If we’re so bad, why isn’t the score evened up during the day ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

I am from FS and have been doing WvW almost since launch (lvl 10 – 79 through WvW). This 24 hour cycle is not helping anyone, except VS :-) . Once the 2 week rotations start happening hopefully things will change and the big guilds and alliances we have on FS start taking part. Only seen the Russians doing WvW in groups. Hopefully the TNA alliance are just waiting for the 2 week cycle and till then preparing. We beat VS once thanks to the DL (Disorder League, Russian alliance) taking the fight to the french in the early hours. This shows we can beat them, imagine if TNA showed up.

So hopefully we get some real action when the 2 week match ups are introduced and really give the french something to think about.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

warboss.1362

what would happen if vizunah was removed from the server rotation? want to know?
FS will just take VZ place and destroy exactly the same way Deso and Riverside (yes it will).
it’s a design problem. not a question of canadians, chicken, french unemployment thing.