Remove Waypoints in WvW?

Remove Waypoints in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: omphin.1752

omphin.1752

A way to combat the Zerg is to remove waypoints.

So picture this, you(blue team) attack a north tower or garrison with a zerg. Meantime Red team attacks your tower to the south. You cannot waypoint to the start of the zone or to your hills. Waypoints have been removed. The only way you can waypoint/ressurect down where your spawn is, is to die. Add a death penalty of 60 seconds too so that people wont be killing themselves to respawn south to defend it. If you switch maps it also takes 60 seconds to move from the spawn point.

This would mean people would have to spread there numbers a little more and cant abuse the break in contested waypoint to get a zerg in to defend a keep. It would also punish the zerg for being too far away from its keep/towers thereby encouraging people to break into groups than run as a supergroup. If you die having to wait 60 seconds isnt too bad, You could allow the player to access merchants to sell stuff while waiting for spawn release. Other than that the other way to break up zergs would be to have bigger new maps.

Remove Waypoints in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

Working toward that reality would be great in theory…but ANet sure seems to LOVE them some zerging. The zergier the better. They will probably take this a step furhter away from your idea and find new and exciting ways for people to zerg even harder…

Turkish Krul – Druid

Remove Waypoints in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

I think it should not be possible to WP into a keep or SMC while it’s being attacked. Giving the enemy a window to WP in gives them to much of a defensive advantage. However, it’s also to easy to keep structures constantly contested and I think something has to be done about that as well (a certain amount of damage should have to be dealt to a gate to contest the structure, perhaps per second, so a single thief can’t block access to the WP anymore).

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

Remove Waypoints in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: The Rooster.2615

The Rooster.2615

+1

Anything to make it so the zerg can’t be anywhere on the map within 2 minutes is a plus.

Remove Waypoints in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

A way to combat the Zerg is to remove waypoints.

Another is to zerg up and own the enemy zerg…Or you know WvW.

Don’t mean to direct that solely at you personally, just kind of amazed at how many posters we get week in and week out that do not like the “zergy” aspects of the game…And your post kind of makes the assumption (at least in it’s tone) that zerging needs to or is being promptly addressed by ANET. My personal opinion is that if ANET didn’t anticipate/want zerging they never would have implemented the commander icon.

“World versus World (also known as WvW) is a Player versus Player game mode where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists. It features open-world combat on four large maps with up to several hundreds of players per map.” —http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World

If you choose to zerg then that is expected, if you choose not to then that is your choice, the idea is to have some balance in anything…The fact that we do not see people on here daily asking for some type of nerfing for “roaming 5 man groups, solo mesmers and thieves, etc…” tells me that this (issue of zergs) is a matter more of personal preference than of imbalance.

Mag Server Leader

Remove Waypoints in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Remove waypoints? No no no. There is already too much walking in WvW. In addition, I think your theory is wrong. It would encourage MORE zerging. The best way to stay alive is to be party of a zerg

Remove Waypoints in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I think it would be interesting to go the other direction…

Every tower and keep has a waypoint, built in, automatic, and combat doesn’t shut it down. The waypoint is a destructible structure — it’s on the outer wall of towers and it’s in between the outer and inner wall of keeps. Shutting down or camping the waypoint is top priority for attackers.

Now add a new “siege engine” — deployable waypoint. Deployable waypoints must be at least 1500 range away from any other deployable waypoint. They are also destructible.

This keeps all battles flowing and lets both attackers and defenders respond quickly.

This is roughly how Planetside does it and it’s huge fun. More fighting for control of areas, less running around maps.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Remove Waypoints in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Remove waypoints? No no no. There is already too much walking in WvW. In addition, I think your theory is wrong. It would encourage MORE zerging. The best way to stay alive is to be party of a zerg

I agree with this. Especially the walking part.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Remove Waypoints in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I see no real correlation between waypoints and zergs. Small groups use waypoints. And if you remove waypoints you would actually reward zergs by making keeps even harder to defend.

[SU]

Remove Waypoints in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: TyrDaishi.1057

TyrDaishi.1057

There is one big problem if you remove the waypoints: if one server gets pressured by a full blown attack from both enemys there is nothing left to defend your keep or SM IF the second server is targeting a different location. It would be pretty much impossible if you don’t defend nearly every keep and tower before the attack starts. Do you want to sit in a tower the whole day like Vizunah? Would be pretty boring imho. It would require a even better disciplin and strategic planning which I know at least my server can provide given the fact thta we have excellent commanders. The problem would be to find players willing to defend one location the whole day. Thats not “casual” enough for ANet.