Remove ability to res finished players.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

just requiring you to be out of combat to res a finished player would be enough and would make a huge difference imo.

+1 to this, if a change has to be made.

I personally don’t have a problem with it but as it seems to be a touchy subject that is getting a lot of player attention, anet might do something and I would hate to see it completely removed. Rezzing your friends after winning a fight should be allowed, in large or small engagements. Also for GvG’s, you should be able to pick up the dead after the match ends.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Gildo.2643

Gildo.2643

I would love to see it so that you damage dead players who are partially revived. Its stupid when you can, for example, spam arrow cart fire on a dead body, and a couple buddies could hop in and out of the arrow fire reviving their buddy a little at a time until he’s up again even though the corpse could have been sitting in aoe the entire time.

in WvW

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is the real solution so simple.

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

only allow rezzing dead players OOC and add a 30 second auto-WP timer that resets if someone starts rezzing you.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Well even a small change would help, like stomping being faster then in combat rez, as is 2 people can heal a downed person faster then you can stomp. This makes fighting a group with more then you even harder then it should be.

then add to that you can not rez a fully downed player unless you are out of combat.

rally can be annoying but I find it more frustrating when people rally off mobs during a fight. Players or guards only please.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Well even a small change would help, like stomping being faster then in combat rez, as is 2 people can heal a downed person faster then you can stomp. This makes fighting a group with more then you even harder then it should be.

then add to that you can not rez a fully downed player unless you are out of combat.

rally can be annoying but I find it more frustrating when people rally off mobs during a fight. Players or guards only please.

Rallying off mobs couldn’t have been intended in WvW, I’m sure it’s just a PvE holdover they haven’t had time to fix.

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

You shouldn’t be able to rezz completely dead players while in combat. It’s that simple. This lame mechanic helps the horrendously bad larger group win the fight. It’s annoying and caters to bad players.

If you’re so outnumbered or being beaten so bad that they are ressing fully dead players you had no chance anyway.

Nope. My 5 man team has been up against 15 players and while we focus on downing people repeatedly, you’ve got 3 tanky people in the back constantly rezzing the dead. Three revive one person and now there’s four people reviving people and it just goes from there. The fight would EASILY be ours if it wasn’t for this stupid mechanic.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I have nothing against the res of teammates.
The problem is the down people that are rallying every time someone dies, it makes no sense:
15 vs 15:
You have 10 enemies down (you have 5 more players up than the opposing team), one of your guys die, 8 enemy get back up, you lose. It’s just stupid.

in WvW

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

just requiring you to be out of combat to res a finished player would be enough and would make a huge difference imo.

+1 to this, if a change has to be made.

I personally don’t have a problem with it but as it seems to be a touchy subject that is getting a lot of player attention, anet might do something and I would hate to see it completely removed. Rezzing your friends after winning a fight should be allowed, in large or small engagements. Also for GvG’s, you should be able to pick up the dead after the match ends.

If you are GvGing in sanctum the spawn point is right there.

And ressing after a fight is what gives zerg’s their power. If stomped players were forced to respawn then no longer would they be able to operate deep in enemy territory with impunity. If you actually had to control area to advance in force you might actually start to see WvW maps working as intended for once.

(edited by Kadin.2356)

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Yes please, also remove skills #2 and #3 in downstate ftw

in WvW

Posted by: strifer.7986

strifer.7986

bump +1 merge " defeater player "

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Removing the ability to res would do nothing to hurt a zerg. It would hurt small roaming groups more.

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

i think the best option only for www and to give a big push to players to fight better in smaller groups is to prohibit resurrection to a defeated player while in combat state

out of combat is ok the resurrection. the fight is over and the better team has win.

p.s. the rez of downed players or the war bannered should continue work as it is

in WvW

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

I agree, i think you should have to be out of combat to res. It kills morale when you wipe a half a larger force only to have them get ressed from defeated whilst being in ac fire.

It encourages bad play, nobody cares if they die. Zerg will res.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Where are these groups that are rezzing fully dead players in the middle of combat? Out of combat rezzing at least in my experience wouldn’t change anything. Big zergs would continue to wipe smaller groups and immediately reconstitute just like they do today.

Removing dead player resurrections and eliminating rally would add a lot more depth in the strategy department. Out manned servers could actually mount an offensive close to their starting areas unlike today. Currently there is very little risk when running in the biggest zerg on a map.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: fufu.8345

fufu.8345

Reviving a completed defeated enemy while in combat is a huge oversight in wvw and needs to be addressed. Like how so many others have mentioned before it will give a fighting chance to players who are either defending or trying to defeat a larger group.

Siafu [Fu]
Sylvari Mesmer
Blackgate Henge of Denravi Borlis Pass Crystal Desert Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Here’s a perfect example of why this should be removed. There were only 4 of us against 10ish and we were spiking them. Yet, you can see them reviving completely defeated players.

in WvW

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

Why not get rid of finishers and down skills all together. As a ranger, down skills are useless in WvW. I’m dead long before any of the timers expire. I’m all for instituting the death penalty as in GW1 for those who are resurrected in combat. DP goes away when armor is repaired at the spawn point(not at keeps wp). Loot and Wxp granted only to kills with no DP. In other words, resurrected players should be treated as summoned creatures with less power and HP.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I really quite enjoy how the downed state raises the skill cap by making me plan for ways to finish opponents and/or prevent a res instead of just bursting everything down, but I can see how having large groups of people mass resing defeated players again and again can get kind of annoying.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

- Institute a death penalty
- Only allow resurrecting out of combat
- Have the people resurrecting take 100% extra damage during the res

Or even better make the ability to res an grandmaster trait.

in WvW

Posted by: ReesesPBC.4603

ReesesPBC.4603

I don’t think OOC-only rezzing will really help against large enough zergs. I think they should change the rally system as previously suggested but keep the in combat rez. Taking out rezzing completely would probably be too big of a step for Anet anyway.

It might be better to keep the in-combat rez but slow the rez by something like 70% or more to discourage dying yet keep the mechanic available. That way it would work for both zergs and gorilla groups. The tactical decisions would still be there for smaller groups and for zergs, people wouldn’t have to run all the way back if their ZvZ group won which at least would be some sort of reward, depending. Plus it makes sense to have in comabt rez but it should be risk vs reward and I agree the current system with zergs has only reward.

In short; keep the total amount of players that can rez 1 person, drastically reduce the total rez time to discourage dying altogether, and alter the rally system to rally the one who did the most damage.

(edited by ReesesPBC.4603)