Remove canons already?

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Its been a week since canons are out. Can we remove them already? or just take whatevee poll there is and have them removed?

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I wish, but it’s a 2 week thing as far as I know. Meaning it’ll be removed at the reset on Friday. Then WvW can begin to heal after the damage caused by cannons.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I kinda like them. They give defenders alot more options now. I mean defending fire keep inner against cata’s placed behind that walls was really way too hard before cannons were here. Now you have a chance to speedbuild them in corners and use the aoe to flush out most cata spots. Attackers can easily counter the counter by setting up balli or their own cannon/ac at the top of the wall by the inner…its really not hard, just takes a smart commander who accesses the situation properly (something that should be rewarded in wvsw).

In terms of smc…people are building shield gens when attacking inner, which i find rather interesting. And the shields obv cover the rams to prevent them from dying.

I really like cannons so far no lie. Not at all as crazy or insane as I originally thought. Smart attackers use cannons themselves to frustrate defenders to death.

I do agree that rams need to do a bit more damage or ‘something’…..cata’s have always been stealing the show from rams to an unfair degree and now its slightly more profound i guess. 2 wrongs shouldn’t make a right though….rams vs cata was a separate problem and shouldn’t be reason to get rid of cannons.

maybe we’ll have deployable oil pots in the future. that might be interesting….although the only use it would have is for burning supply since oil dmg is horrid.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

Canons are epic because of the possibility for defenders to defend. before this as a defender against a big blob you could do nothing. the attacking zerg build up shieldgenerators and you can do nothing because shieldgen. bubbled itself and catas/ramms permanently. now you have a chance to defend.

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: Garrus.7403

Garrus.7403

This game already has enough siege. Pls remove them. Sometimes less is just more…..

I Will Raiden
Why So Serious?

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Cerby.1069

This game already has enough siege. Pls remove them. Sometimes less is just more…..

I think we should celebrate having more features, not celebrate having less.

If you really don’t want more siege id be fine with replacing ballista with cannons. Or just getting rid of more of the basic siege from the game. Don’t really need 3 types of every siege weapon.
Basic ac could be deleted tbh…..so little damage against anything, you are hard-pressed to save a paper tower from a single superior cat with a basic ac.
Basic ballista as well…..an extremely inferior item whose existence hinged on the fact it costs 10 less supply.

I mean the reason basic siege mainly exists is to people can promote them to superiors. ANd i already did a long explanation on another thread explaining why its a waste of money to do this process. So by that logic….basic siege doesn’t need to exist at all anymore. Supply costs of superiors can be lowered. Or guild siege can take its place with the lower supply costs….whatever, although for me that would be a loss, since i cant afford guild siege and sometimes only have 40 supply onhand.

Cannons are meme worthy…that should be good enough.

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

We could talk about removing cannons, when Anet finally makes walls good. It’s easier for the attacker to clear the walls as for a defender to hold them. That’s a bad concept for a siege environment.
The new cannons aren’t a bad thing. They are of limited use because of the line of sight, but they are good for specific situations.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

We could talk about removing cannons, when Anet finally makes walls good. It’s easier for the attacker to clear the walls as for a defender to hold them. That’s a bad concept for a siege environment.
The new cannons aren’t a bad thing. They are of limited use because of the line of sight, but they are good for specific situations.

They’re good for a lot of things. They do more damage to siege than superior ballista, they have a blast zone so they can hit siege behind cover whereas ballista cannot, they do more damage to players than superior ACs, and they can remove boons with their normal shots. This single siege completely negates the usefulness of AC and ballista on its own. It’s also cheaper to make at 50 supply than the superior versions of other siege. They’re completely broken in their current form. If they were to be kept, they need to do like 10% less damage than AC and ballista to everything.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Cerby.1069

They’re good for a lot of things. They do more damage to siege than superior ballista, they have a blast zone so they can hit siege behind cover whereas ballista cannot, they do more damage to players than superior ACs, and they can remove boons with their normal shots. This single siege completely negates the usefulness of AC and ballista on its own. It’s also cheaper to make at 50 supply than the superior versions of other siege. They’re completely broken in their current form. If they were to be kept, they need to do like 10% less damage than AC and ballista to everything.

Cannons are complete exposed though. Ac and balli can be placed in nooks and crannies where they are clearly covered by a slab of wall. So in exchange for this extra damage with cannon you are easily able to take damage directly from enemies, and enemies can easily target and take down ur cannon as well. That seems more than fair. There will be situations where you can’t target the cannons…..but the cannons will be used from long range and will be able to be kited/avoided since their max range isn’t all that bad and they are slow shots (like firing on ogre watch from overlook). But the same can be said for any siege…not fair to single cannons out in this way.

Besides cannons are still case specific. They are solving so many problems people have with proxy cata and ridiculously 1-sided cata spots as well. I mean people with pulls are having a field day with all these cannons….hit button, watch as cannon users is flung down to his death.

Debating to myself whether or not its even worthwhile to debate or form an argument here. How many people have changed their minds due to such posts……..pretty sure its still at 0-5%. If you don’t want cannons no argument anyone can give (no matter how much sense it makes or how right it is) is gonna change your mind, now is it?

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I seriously hate one thing about cannons…

… – that the red aoe shows up FAR too late and close to impact that it gives you no time to dodge. As soon as you see the red ring you are almost immediately hit.

It’s a stupid design with very little counterplay other than running or LoSing.

I let one of these stupid things kill me on the walls of SM because I thought I could dodge each time upon seeing the aoe and was trying to stay in for dropping a portal. It took dying after repeated hits for me to learn that there’s no time to dodge… I won’t make that mistake again.

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I’m waiting on the double barrel superior cannons, double the pewpew.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

+100 for removing this broken garbage. Next time you give us something like this…please test it first so you don’t need a bunch of patches to fix issues and still have it be broken….

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Weren’t repair hammers only in game for a week, so why are cannons being tested for longer?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Canons are fine. If you want to fight without siege, do spvp or structure a GvG match.

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Canons are fine. If you want to fight without siege, do spvp or structure a GvG match.

The problem isnt that people do not want any siege in wvw, its that siege is completely broken and in need of an overhaul, therefore many do not want more broken siege items placed into the game. If siege was actually balanced properly and we werent given a broken product to try out, this could have gone a lot smoother.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i am fine with cannons there range just need to be nerf by 50% and it would be fine

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

KEEP CANNONS. instead of removing them lets see a superior and Guild version. What WvW needs is an actual balancing of classes. Nothing at all wrong with having siege, and its fun to hear all the crying about them.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

I’m not too sure why we added the Siege Cannons to WvW. It doesn’t hit with the damage of an actual placed tower/keep cannon, and with the power creep of the specializations, it hardly does anything to a zerg anymore. Granted I can still rip to shreds any uplevels that come my way, but “Specialization” zergs, or zergs where the majority of the zerg is all specializations, the cannons are nothing more than Shirt Shooters. Lotta noise, but with a 100% cotton feel, and won’t cause bleeding or high amounts of damage. I mean COME ON! It’s a CANNON! The headless horseman is headless because he had his HEAD shot off for the six god’s sakes!

To tell the truth I didn’t want siege cannons for one purpose only. I did NOT want to play Sid Meier’s Civil War. Build a bunch of cannons on the ‘field of battle’, line up shoulder to shoulder and just stand there while being shot at? What? Some havoc is going to build 5 cannons out in the field, and then …wait…to get ran over by a zerg? NO no, the zerg will imiplement column marching 2 men thick, 7 men long….and then they’ll WALK towards the cannons.

As for defense….I saw mostly weakness of the damage of the Siege cannon, I saw the placements of the siege cannon, and I knew the specializations can dish out MORE damage SOLO, than a single siege cannon can actually throw back. So overall, I destroyed a Siege cannon faster with rapid fire on ranger, than it could do to me overall in less than 30 seconds.

The defensive mentality of Arrowcart vs. Cannon was even worse. Case in point some guy built 10 Siege cannons along the northeast wall of the Badlands keep in Edge of the mist. All these cannons were unmanned and pretty much along the wall in a way that anybody and their momma could come up and just destroy them one at a time within about 1 – 2 minutes with no problem. Nobody built arrowcarts on the inner defensive line of the wall. Practically wasn’t smart.

If your going to build cannons on the outer lip of the wall…might wanna think about building Arrowcarts on the inner lip and stagger it further and away from the cannon, not directly behind it. This will greatly give you GREATER FIREPOWER, and won’t put all your siege eggs in one basket. It all won’t get nuked if you place them to close together. Enemy wants to destroy the cannon, they have to get close to it, but that also puts them in close range of the arrowcart fire. So between Siege Cannons and Arrowcart fire, you’ll be able to more accurately decimate your foes. And you’ll have an easier time of defense.

This of course…if a defender instituted it, would probably see more Trebuchet and Siege golem warfare on the battlefield.if you wanted to break in against a fully determined defender.

As for defenders and attackers, remember one thing. Your skills on your skill bar hit up to a max of 5 players roughly. Siege hits up to 50 players. So if your on the wall, or below it and you use your pew pew skill, your gonna hit 1-5 targets. If you use the siege, your gonna hit up to 50 targets. If your standing next to siege, USE THE SIEGE!

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

There’s already more then enough siege in this game. For this i’d say, less is more.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Remove canons already?

in WvW

Posted by: ledernierrempart.6871

ledernierrempart.6871

i had to put something here…

before they implemented canons i was against it because i feared it woulld kill roaming with canons spam every where.

finally it wasn’t and was just used to kill bus. it doesn’t replace other siege weapons maybe except balista. it isn’t op because of the line of sight. (balista should have more hp and damage than canonc tho.)

it maybe still need updates but its a nice addition to the game.

WvW need to evolve, WvW need new content. canons is maybe the first path to this evolution (with the new tic system).

i don’t understand those who wants it to be removed.
it is like being against new content because you want to play WvW the same way till the end. what do you dislike about them? in each post the ones with few lines with no arguments are the one who are against canons.
you are just asking it to be removed for what reason? explaination please.

KeyOrion. i guess anet wanted to add some new siege weapon without spending too much time on it so they used an existing siege wepaon and turned it into a blueprint.