Remove killing in jumping puzzle!

in WvW

Posted by: AlexDelux.4053

AlexDelux.4053

I’m getting tired of not being able to complete jumping puzzles because there’s always someone camping and attacking, really, what’s the point in killing in jumping puzzle?
World vs world should be about capturing keeps and camps to gain bonuses for your server, you don’t capture the jumping puzzle area, you get no bonus from stopping others to do it, so it’s pretty stupid to kill players.
Please ANet remove the possibility to kill each other in jumping puzzles, it’s very annoying!

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

No. Jump Puzzle gives free blue prints and badges. NO WAY I’m letting an enemy get free stuff that can be used to kill me later.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

errr…. NO!

Jumping Puzzles in the W3 are suposed to be like that. Why do you do them in the 1st place?

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

There’s PvP in there for a reason. If you don’t like it being camped get a force to clear it. Whole area is a war zone after all.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Yea your right OP, all the rolling boulders, Ewok traps, flame traps and spike traps that are triggered by players only really do go against Anets design intention of a PvP free jump puzzle.

in WvW

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

AlexDelux,

Sorry, we just disagree. 4 jump puzzles are on the WvW servers for a reason, with rewards that benefit WvW specifically. I can appreciate your frustration but the killing belongs in these jump puzzles.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Remove jumping puzzles instead, problem solved.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

There are a lot of PvE JPs, if you want to train jumping around without enemies use these ones.

And if you want to solve the EB-JP without enemies, there is a simple way to do so:
help your world to capture and hold all 3 fortresses.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

There are a lot of PvE JPs, if you want to train jumping around without enemies use these ones.

And if you want to solve the EB-JP without enemies, there is a simple way to do so:
help your world to capture and hold all 3 fortresses.

Our use the stealth fountains. There’s 3 of them – just have to find them.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: Ninya.3942

Ninya.3942

Let’s just remove killing form WvW! Everyone wears tin foil hats and pillows strapped to their bodies while hugging it out all day! Nicest server wins

Elementalist Class Lead
Rethesis [RE] – Tarnished Coast
http://rethesis.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I’ve a better idea. Let’s give everyone who completes the EBJP enough supply to solo build a siege weapon of their choice. Trebbing the portals will be even more FUN.

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

I’ve never camped a puzzle and usually don’t strike the first blow on enemies. But if there are some hippies setting up camp in them, I eradicate them. Plain and simple if elementary school is out for the day in NA time zones you will see the kiddies getting their jollies fighting people in the puzzles. Most of the people who claim they are stopping enemies from getting badges are full of Kittens! The think it is funny and they enjoy it.

Typical scenario, I see an enemy in one of the puzzles and /bow and they bow back pretending to be friendly. Then as I take it upon faith that this one person is not a troll I run by while keeping a close eye on their actions in my rear-view mirror. When I spot them activating a skill upon me the regret doing so a few seconds later. I take my /bow and continue on collecting my free stuff.
I’m tempted to make a video based purely upon how bad the troll players are at fighting. Title “Another Troll Bites the Dust”. Just make a collective of all of them dying.

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Remove JP’s from wvw. If you really have to have them then see my previous suggestions on restricting access and timers so real wvw’rs can get on with wvw without being handicapped by 20-30 sitting in JP getting their jollies killing one enemy player.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Another week, another JP post. OP, please do a search before posting. This particular topic has been posted in this forum MANY times before and if you had just done a search, you would have known the opinion of those who regularly post in this forum and how this thread would turn out.

Do I personally find campers frustrating? I’d be lying if I said I don’t get frustrated at times. Especially those times that there is just no way to effectively fight back due to map design (hello beast room + arrow carts). But it’s WvW. WvW is a PvP zone that is built around strategic advantage and isn’t meant to fair. And the puzzle is thematic with that strategic advantage design and is game of “king of the hill.” And I wholeheartedly feel anyone going into the puzzle should be 100% comfortable with the idea that it’s strategic PvP that’s not intended to be fair before they even enter the puzzle (or even better, before they even enter the WvW maps).

If you are having a difficult time getting through the puzzle, then you need to seek help from others or try the puzzle at another time (when your server has control of the puzzle or during off times when the puzzle is empty). Or even better, learn how to fight and fight back. I’ve been part of some pretty fun and exciting battles in the puzzle. They’re probably among my favorite jumping puzzle runs and some of my favorite moments in WvW.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

It’s basically a different game mode inside WvW that caters to small group fights and camping/ganking style in on open’ish environment.
Because WvW is A.net’s version of open world’ish pvp I’m fine with how they’re designed, less camping/ganking on more focus on the large scale battles in “the real” wvw environment, yet still having the option for those that don’t like sPvP short matches but rather stay in an open’ish environment that’s affected by gear etc. (eg. not balanced).
A possible improvement however would be to make them separate instances and not count towards the WvW population, yet still keep them connected, eg. you’ll have to re-queue (or add a wvw lobby to the game with WvW relevant services and return to there) to get back to “the real” WvW fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

wvw – no points gained for holding JP, no advantage to holding it or camping it, and the more players are in it the less can actually join in the real fight and gain/retain points for your server.

JP in wvw is pointless as far as the real wvw is concerned, and is actually a really BAD feature that needs to be removed to it’s own map. Badges should NOT be rewarded for completing a JP it encourages pve’rs to take up spaces in a pvp environment where numbers matter.

There’s an idea- take all 4 JPs out of wvw, make it a separate instance, with a reward for whichever server controls all 4 at the same time- say 1 badge per hour for everyone in the JP.

Problem solved, Jump Puzzle 2 (a hand held platform game) can be played to your heart’s content.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

World vs world should be about capturing keeps and camps to gain bonuses for your server

Hey OP, why not do that instead?

in WvW

Posted by: RiWiJo.7502

RiWiJo.7502

There are areas in the jumping puzzle that are natural ambush spots..after awhile of camping these spots it can be considered griefing. I think the solution may be some kind of count down timer for the puzzle, if you don’t complete it in time you die—like a DOT. The faster you complete it the greater your reward. That way you can still WvW in the puzzle but you will have problems camping grief spots.

(edited by RiWiJo.7502)

in WvW

Posted by: Turkman.1089

Turkman.1089

counterproposal: remove the JPs from the WvW maps.

Put them somewhere else in the world, so that the teams effort is not hampered by those, who only come there to do the JP, because it’s frustrating when you have queues and 10-20 people are only doing JP and thus taking up space that could be used by someone willing to do something more contributive.

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

in WvW

Posted by: AlexDelux.4053

AlexDelux.4053

While I understand your opinions, I still think that fighting in a JP is a bad idea.
I’m not saying it should be a safe zone: they could just put some more traps and make it so that it’s only possible to kill someone with traps, after all, traps can be avoided with the right timing and there are stealth fountains to help you too.
But when you get to the beasts room and you see 4-5 players camping up there (maybe with arrow carts too) it really becomes frustrating.

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

Remove living from jumping puzzles, the chests should kill you when you open them

in WvW

Posted by: Grimmaz.9348

Grimmaz.9348

I’m getting tired of not being able to complete jumping puzzles because there’s always someone camping and attacking, really, what’s the point in killing in jumping puzzle?
World vs world should be about capturing keeps and camps to gain bonuses for your server, you don’t capture the jumping puzzle area, you get no bonus from stopping others to do it, so it’s pretty stupid to kill players.
Please ANet remove the possibility to kill each other in jumping puzzles, it’s very annoying!

Go to a PVE zone to complete your jumping puzzles if you don’t like PVP. Before you jump in and say you like PVP, I’ll retort with “you don’t.” If you do like PVP, you wouldn’t be complaining about PVP happening in a PVP zone. Also I’d like to point out to you that it is not stupid to kill players no matter where they are in a PVP zone. It is just that, a PVP zone. The point of a PVP zone is to kill or beat other players regardless of the bonus or reward. For some players, seeing the other player go down is THE reward. Your opinion is that of a PVE player which normally do not enjoy PVP.

(edited by Grimmaz.9348)

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

While I understand your opinions, I still think that fighting in a JP is a bad idea.

The JP is in a WvW zone. The WvW zones are going to have strategic PvP. It’s the whole point of the maps and comes with the territory. If you aren’t comfortable with the idea of fighting other players (not to mention the very real possibility of dying at their hands)…then with all due respect OP, you shouldn’t even be entering a WvW map in the first place.

Also, there are plenty of PvE JPs where there are NPC baddies that you have to fight. Since you feel fighting in a JP is a bad idea, you going to ask the devs to remove those NPC bad guys too?

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

A better idea is to remove jump puzzles completely and make people actually WvW to get badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Sals.9534

Sals.9534

Isn’t there JP in PvE zones?

Colegate / Selos Song Kaineng-DE Guild

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

The only change I wouldn’t mind seeing would be the removal of siege weapons from the jumping puzzles. If you’re going to pretend to be macho enough to camp the jumping puzzle, at least have the nerve to do so in spell range.

But… if nothing changes it would still be dramatically better than removing the ability to kill the enemy in the puzzles. That would turn them into “safe” areas… the only safe areas should be up at your initial spawn on the maps.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Remove them from WvW maps. Put them in PvE maps with same rewards. Problem solved. WvW is a PvE content area according to Anet a few months ago….if this is the case, then JP’s in WvW should be moved to a PvE area and help free up slots for serious WvWers.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Tala.7638

Tala.7638

This is a troll thread, right?

Nuff said, let this one die guys.

Talaysteria/Talas Cap/Talarenth
THE Mystic Plumbers [LUCK]
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

in WvW

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

It’s a war out there my friend. Eb puzzle was designed that way. But you are expecting free pass and pancakes. That’s just wrong. Whole PvE area is filled with free jumping puzzles. Do them.

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

My best experience in the EB JP, SBI guardian or warrior pauses in front of me and I pause in front of her, and we continue on our way. Indirect mutual agreements to not attack each other are always nice.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Imo the Portal to the Jumping Puzzle should be located in Stormmist Keep.

Reasoning?
1. It limits the amount of camping and combat inside without removing it completely.
2. It can be considered a reward for taking Stormmist.
3. It weakens the dominant party because a certain percentage of their players will be doing the Jumping Puzzle.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I say either remove jumping puzzles from WvW or remove badges of honor as loot from the chest. There are PvE players taking up spots to farm badges without contributing to WvW, spots which others can use to actually help in WvW!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not invitting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Please remember to post in a constructive way on this forum.

Thank you.