Remove server linking please

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

The server linking doesen’t make WvW more balanced. It just makes WvW messier and more difficult to organize. There is a bunch of slackers not doing anything usefull on EB while we have a que.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

There are 4 maps. Without linking it becomes 1 map as the rest are a ghost town. Now if you don’t want linking in t1 that’s another story, one that the highest stacked server would love I’m sure.

in WvW

Timelord.8190

I just don’t like server linking cause it’s getting more like Edge of the Mist. No server identity, no familiar players. Just a random mess. Anet kinda ruined the server aspect. They should rather lower the limit of players so we get less skill lag. Make transfering to a lower tier server free. 100v100v100 isn’t fun cause of skill lag. I’ll rather have a 60 player cap.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I just don’t like server linking cause it’s getting more like Edge of the Mist. No server identity, no familiar players. Just a random mess. Anet kinda ruined the server aspect. They should rather lower the limit of players so we get less skill lag. Make transfering to a lower tier server free. 100v100v100 isn’t fun cause of skill lag. I’ll rather have a 60 player cap.

While what you stated about the server identity and communities in general is somewhat true, it is by far the lesser evil several magnitudes over empty servers.

Sorry but no issue trumps having 15-20 people in the entire WVW on all maps combined running for 2-3 hours at prime time on reset and 3-5 the remaining time. That doesnt even justify the existance of a server or the bandwidth upkeep costs. Double that the primary purpose of this game mode are supposed to be massive battles.

The purpose of the links was never to balance things out, but make it easier to get action in general, and at that, they succeeded quite well.

Population and timezone balancing can not be accomplished without severe transfer limitations to limit bandwagoning. You can see various topics here, on reddit, as well as start tracking sites such as http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/ or https://wvwintel.com/ for the latest bandwagon targets and their self explanatory results.

As far as map caps go, I would also like the return of 60 per map, at least on the BLs and maybe 80 on EBG.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in WvW

Timelord.8190

The server linking was actually to solve the population imbalance issue. Anet stated that themself.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

been sitting out this linking because it is so bad. maybe next link i’ll actually be able to play again

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Server identity is long gone as an issue. Linking servers was clearly chosen as a way to try and keep server identity but the poor implementation of it led to server identity being destroyed anyway.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

The server linking was actually to solve the population imbalance issue. Anet stated that themself.

Alas, given how easy & often people move around, linking to balance the population is an equivalent to urinating on a burning building to put out the fire. Unfortunately this band-aid fix that doesn’t really work was at the expense of server communities.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I’m sure anet makes some good money off people jumping to the next flavour of the month linked server. Alas its a success.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

^This. Certainly a big part of it all, imo.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

Hit 2 birds with 1 stone ,ANET make profit of players xfers plus rotating top servers for people to choose, they can manipulate this game whatever they want .

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

I’m all for removing server links. I moved to a small server to avoid the skilless blob fests and now blobby, poorly made matches are inescapable. Makes me not want to play to be honest.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The server linking doesen’t make WvW more balanced. It just makes WvW messier and more difficult to organize. There is a bunch of slackers not doing anything usefull on EB while we have a que.

How long are the queues in prime time? Is there ever a queue to more than 1 map outside reset? How would you solve the population issues as some servers like Ruins of Surmia or Fissure of Woe are really empty?

Here on Desolation we can have a queue to one map at best in prime time (sometimes it is a fake queue like yesterday at EBG, really it was outnumbered “buff” there instead). When 1 map is full, all other 3 maps got outnumbered “buff” on us. Yet, Arenanet counts Desolation as a full server. I just makes me wonder how empty the non-full servers without a link are…

I still remember the golden days of WvWvW when there was a queue to all 4 maps at same time. It was in 2012-2013…

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

You might have missed it, but the poll has ended!

The poll has ended! After removing all votes for “Don’t Count My Vote”, the final results are:

82.7% – Yes
17.3% – No

This mean that World Linking is now officially a Guild Wars 2 Feature. Thank you to everyone who voted!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Amend the OP to say “Remove links in EU please”.

NA can keep them!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I agree, unlink EU servers, also any EU players that come to complain about links or unbalanced matches afterwards, should get a ban from the forums.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Timelord.8190

How long are the queues in prime time? Is there ever a queue to more than 1 map outside reset? How would you solve the population issues as some servers like Ruins of Surmia or Fissure of Woe are really empty?

Here on Desolation we can have a queue to one map at best in prime time (sometimes it is a fake queue like yesterday at EBG, really it was outnumbered “buff” there instead). When 1 map is full, all other 3 maps got outnumbered “buff” on us. Yet, Arenanet counts Desolation as a full server. I just makes me wonder how empty the non-full servers without a link are…

I still remember the golden days of WvWvW when there was a queue to all 4 maps at same time. It was in 2012-2013…

The que time depends on alot of things. It mostly depends on which commander we got, and how well we’re doing. We don’t have alot of hardcore commanders tagging up as often. When we do the que goes like up to 60-100 ppl on the evening. It’s mostly just one good commander at the time on one of the borders. It’s rarely i see a que on more than 2 borders at the same time. Alot depends on people that are willing to tag up.

How to solve population issues is quite difficult. People tend to go where the most action is at which is the most populated servers. Some of the problem is about the rewards, it is more rewarding to be on a server which has the highest numbers of kills. zerging is waymore rewarding than roaming. I don’t think it should be like that. Taking supply camps and dolyaks should be more rewarding when your not around by a huge group of allies. I think a 60 player cap would be nice to have, and then make transfers to lower tier servers free.

Also make it more rewarding for people to command. I suggest that we could have we could get a daily token of appreciation after finishing WvW dailies. Which we then could give to whoever we would like, it could be a commander/scout or someone else that we thougt did a great job. Whit this token of appreciation pepople could buy unique WvW based weapon skins. The token only has value if it’s given by another player. And it’s given after finishing WvW dailies to make multiaccount abuse less likely to happen.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)