Remove the Jumping Puzzle achievement

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Nobody likes JP since you guys make the rewards almost nothing, making this an achievement is causing insane queue time for the WvW , please remove it, please Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

Yep, maps are bottle necked, and my server is getting owned because all the pve people are trying to do jumping puzzle. What was anet thinking when they did this? This is WvW, stop trying to make it pve.

in WvW

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

There should be nu jp crap on www maps. Ppl join www to fight, you know.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Remove Jumping Puzzle’s from WvW period!
It’s bad enough waiting on a Queue for 4hrs while people do PVE garbage in WvW in the first place.

Laggy servers? Queue times? Get rid of the flippin’ PVE garbage!

in WvW

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

What? I was under the impression that people inside OS didn’t count towards the limit in WvW, that it was a separate zone, did they change it or something?

in WvW

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

As a PvE player for about 80% of my time online, I support the WvW players with this. I have to enter WvW for map completion and JP achievements, taking up space and having to run around with the Zerg until I can get 100% of the map. With this new WvW season, I want to actually participate and help the server win but I still mainly focus on getting the achievements to receive the rewards at the end. Don’t know a better way to determine who gets the season rewards, but this system brings in a lot of players just there for themselves.

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Yes NO ONE likes the JP no one at all. Nice generalization there. Followed by another one. PVE players that only do these JP are keeping you out. They surely aren’t there because of another reason with it being the start of the league season and all…

Start playing off hours and really help your servers in stead of whining you have to wait during primetime.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

That was one of the core reasons that they broke Obsidian Sanctum off of EB (yeah, you still have to que up for EB to get there, but you are removed from the que once you jump through the portal to Obsidian Sanctum.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Zalzan Kavol.9048

Zalzan Kavol.9048

I actually like the JP’s in WvW. They follow the same principle as the rest of WvW, that you may be able to sneak in and do it if unattended but you may need to bring a group and fight for it if the opponents are defending it. Surely taking 5 minutes to do a jumping puzzle is a drop in the bucket considering some of the other achievements for the League season.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I like jump puzzles and I don’t have queues.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

While I personally hate JP, remove it don’t solve the problem.
Replace it with something else do helps.

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well www point isn’t play for points. You can do jumpping puzzles, craft items, do events, kill champs and so on. I just can’t figure out why we even have score and why they added this league system.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

keep the puzzles and remove the achievements for doing them and also do the same with ruins.

Max 7 achievements to clear the season achievement. Most of them arent even fun to do. 7 Is grind enough.

The weird part is if you play in small groups focusing on back capping, supply camps and guards, basically being very useful to your server you will never ever get the achievement.

Zerg for the win.

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

1- remove all JPs from the borderlands
2- add said JP to the Obsidian Sanctum, for a total of 2 chests in the same area.
3. add the GvG space already
4. make a shortcut to it in the WVWVW menu

Guild Wars 2 is now fixed

in WvW

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

oh THOSE jump puzzles, haha, they are fun when there’s other enemies inside the vault one time i even got locked in with one and he didn’t know how to open the door to let his friends in, so i 1v1d him in there to his death!! muwha

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I keep wondering if we don’t realize ANet has considered dumping WvW entirely because so few people play it. They may be forcing WvW players to put up with PvE in an effort to increase the number of players, or test whether there will ever be more players, before they dump it.

Sure we can say we will stop playing the game if WvW was removed, but how many of us are there? 5% of the total population in game? I wonder if it is even that many.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Plz keep JP I like much

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

jumping puzzles make me cry.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

jumping puzzles make me cry.

Yeah…

Attachments:

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

No, no, no! Keep them. Where else can we troll WvW newcomers and collect their precious tears in retaliation for them causing us queues?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I would rather they removed all the objectives than the jump puzzle. The JP have not been filled with people, so really not sure why you are blaming them for the que. PvEers will spend far more time on a map completing all the other achievements than they will the JP.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

I don’t know I used to enjoy the JP’s is all the battlegrounds because I primarily roam, and it used to be a good place to get fights, however the loot is such garbage very few people do them anymore.

Also as a player on Ferguson’s crossing in bronze league, to all these people complaining about que times. You guys should hop on down to bronze league with us, ET, Devona’s Rest, or even Anvil Rock we could always use some players and you won’t have to worry about ques anymore.

Anyway happy wvwing,

Zaragoz

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Send some Mesmers to help the people and they are done faster and can help WvW or leave the map. Jumping puzzle is the smallest problem – since they are the easiest and fastest of the achievements.

in WvW

Posted by: Bad Element.4613

Bad Element.4613

They need to give us back a reason to bring more than one character a day.

There used to be a meta for this.

To the wvw players who look down on this: get over yourself, you dont have to participate. They removed siege placement and shared mapchat. If you dont like it, dont acknowledge its presence. This is not a pve achievement. This is a jump puzzle on a pvp map. Oh wait, I forgot… Zergs do not require you to have pvp skills :O

To the pve players who cry about campers: get good. This is a pvp map. Unlike other pvp maps, this one has 1 goal: a chest. It also has plenty of traps and camping spots to get rid of people u are unable to defeat in normal combat. You dont need to be a pvp-superstar to complete this or defeat your enemies… you only need to outwit them.

The fact that the FDS and Mad Memories allow you to see in the darkroom is proof that this place is working as intended.

Thank you ArenaNet for the obsidian sanctum. It is my favorite map in the entire Guild Wars universe. My suggestion would be to allow badge/siege aquisition for multiple characters a day. Bring back the portal meta. You killed this place allowing us to only run it once a day. Get rid of the normal loot if it would unbalance the economy… we all know its quicker to get badges flipping camps and surfing throngs anyways.

Both factions of QQrs are scrubs and ANet, youve gone soft on us.

Edit: Aaron is spot on in his suggestion above. The only thing that it would lack is that as it is now, you need to control a Keep on your server if you would like to access this bonus level.. I love wvw, whether i am roaming or zerging, commanding or following. I feel this is an important aspect and gives a small number of people the drive to take back their keep even in the most dire of circumstances.

Thank you all for reading, Ill see you at the Champ Arboreal :P

(edited by Bad Element.4613)

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

I just don’t think the meta achievement should require a JP. I am terrible at them and when they are required to complete the achieve list I fail. This isn’t Mario, a way to finish the achieve without the JPs should be offered.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.