Remove the Lockout Timer

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

It’s atrocious and does nothing to prevent people from stacking on the most populated server. The only thing is accomplishes is annoy and further alienate your WvW playerbase.

Not everyone plays for PPT, Anet. There are many guilds and people that switch servers often just to fight different opponents open field. This restriction does nothing. If I wanted to bandwagon I would have simply done it before seasons. Instead, I transferred down from a populated T1 server to a mid tier server(that isn’t winning, FYI) to WvW without queues and now I can’t WvW at all.

Or at the very least, give me obsidium sanctum.

(edited by Doomdesire.9365)

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: Bo Van Swill.7619

Bo Van Swill.7619

Easy don’t leave your home server and just run to the one that’s winning.

Skuld Foefire Mesmer, Thord Blackthorn Guardian, Gele Fireheart Elementalist
Beezy Chan Engineer,Sarah Soulcaller Necromancer

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The lockout timer have nothing at all to do with stacking on the most populated server.

It is there so you can’t just jump around between servers all the time without issues.

As far as I remember they actually talked about these kinds of punishments before release, when they talked about server transfers. So it is not really something new.

And you actually can WvW. Edge of the Mists is open.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

And you actually can WvW. Edge of the Mists is open.

And you actually can pve. Edge of the Mists is open.

There. I corrected it for you. Sadly EotM is a pve map, which has spvp-alike looks and was sold to us a WvWvW map, which it isn’t.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

If they removed the lockout timer, I imagine the griefing and spying would become exponentially worse… how so?

Server A wan’ts to take Server B’s garrison at some point in time today. I (in all my infinite wisdom anda buddy of mine) now transfer over to Server B. We siege troll, burn up all their supply, drown all their golems, then for good measure, we now park our behinds in the garrison and let our server know when the enemies are across the map so its the perfect opportunity to attack.

To make matters worse, we now park ourselves on the AC’s or trebs as to prevent the defending force from actually using their own siege to defend. Our server takes garrison, we leave and go back to our own server.

Free transfers, no harm no foul. Guilds with giant war chests, buying gems to transfer for the noble cause is trivial, especially if you plan to stay on the enemy server for a week to make their life hell.

Anet needs to take precautions on this type of behavior because people already do it, at least on the upper tiers.

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: Warhawk.6083

Warhawk.6083

sick an tired of people saying well they told u blah blah, well why leave ur home server so u can go t1 and get good prizes blah blah were asking for it to be removed so we can play the game and have fun when u make someone sit out that’s paid to transfer its irritating and personally makes u lose interest in the game I leave for fights idgaf about ppt or whatever field fights are a big part in whats keeping wvw going and if any penalty it should be a couple days or a week not 2 matchups or maybe lose the end rewards or something idk but I think its gots to go

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

This was prevent power house servers like Black Gate filling in weak time slots buying guilds for the week to win the weeks match up. Because that is what exactly what happened during the last tournament. How ever like said above this new lockout system still didn’t prevent stacking for Spring tournament because they stack up before it started when the transfer cut off date announced for the start of the tournament.

I doubt there will ever be a fair system to prevent power house servers with tons of gold buying tournament wins each tournament regardless what is done to prevent. Except for lock transfers before the announcement of up coming tournament!!

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

It sure does discourage stacking, because people who leave during the season know they have to spend forever in only EoTM. So, if you have a problem with that, then you should’ve have moved after the season started.

It was in plain english, black and white, in the blog post with the details on free transfers and rewards. I’m sure you knew about it before transferring, so why are you complaining now?

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

if you know enough to come to the forums, I’m sure you know enough to read the post outlining the rules.

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And you actually can pve. Edge of the Mists is open.

There. I corrected it for you. Sadly EotM is a pve map, which has spvp-alike looks and was sold to us a WvWvW map, which it isn’t.

Nope, Edge of the Mists is very much a WvW map.
Notice how there are two other player controlled enemy factions in that map?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: WintersonCZ.7520

WintersonCZ.7520

I gave myself two days to answer one question: Is it worth it? In the end I transferred, but knew the “risk”. Two weeks are a LONG time, but I have to say it really put the player to dilema (and ANet is supporting that – so it is working as they intented to).
At least i have time to do PvE, level up or dungeon runs ,etc. or go to the REAL world and do something productive.
And yes, it´s harsh lesson from ANet…but it´s only a game and it´s their rule. So take it easy, chill out and wait a bit

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

lol, this kind of thread, again ?

it is there to prevent people moving accounts to other servers every week in an effort to do spying and sabotage.

you had your chance to transfer before 28th March, why transfer after ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Easy don’t leave your home server and just run to the one that’s winning.

What about those of us who went from a #2/3 server to one that isn’t even in the top 3 for it’s league?

This was prevent power house servers like Black Gate filling in weak time slots buying guilds for the week to win the weeks match up.

So what you’re saying it that BG has ruined WvW once again? ;P

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

Notice how there are two other player controlled enemy factions in that map?

No, all objectives are one color, the same color as my server (rarely are they any other color). I did see some ‘enemy’ players and thought Yeah! time for some action, but they all just jumped off the bridge before I could get a hit… and I assumed they all died (I did get some bags with blue loot which I thought was worthless). Is that PvP? seems kinda boring.

Edit: As for penalties, I don’t care about skins etc… just take that crap from me instead and let me play the game.

(edited by akanibbles.6237)

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

This was prevent power house servers like Black Gate filling in weak time slots buying guilds for the week to win the weeks match up.

So what you’re saying it that BG has ruined WvW once again? ;P

Nope, I’m just saying that BG is one reason why we have the current lockout system in place now.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: HallusH.3987

HallusH.3987

IF only this wasn’t a way that they also profit from then maybe you will expect a change.
but towards the other side that you’re bound to your server before the event was announced and until it ends and not so if you have extra money to pay for transfer and get the benefits.

also spoiler alert. people that plan to cheat / sabotage / spy etc just get an extra account.

Remove the Lockout Timer

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The extension of “not in the current match” to “not in current and not in the next match” is needed, because the next match is currently predictable. (opposed to most matches in the random-modified opponents in normal match-making)
I.e. in 99% of cases you can be 100% sure who will be you next opponents.

Therefore this time-out is needed to avoid placement of spies/saboteurs (2nd accounts) on the next opponent servers.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!