Remove the Oasis event from the Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Ronin.4501

Ronin.4501

When HoT was first introduced, the Oasis event proved somewhat useful, given that the keeps and towers auto-upgraded so quickly that most everything was fortified within an hour. Now that the auto-upgrades have been sufficiently slowed down, the Oasis event is no longer necessary (and furthermore only seems to be one more advantage to servers with larger populations fighting against servers with smaller populations).

Ronin V/Skhaar/Vicious Blacktongue
Dog Biscuits [DOG] – Stormbluff Isle
Self-Proclaimed King of Orr – “It’s MY Island”

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

The lag is the worst problem with this stupid pve event, it got worse after they…“upgraded” their servers, which means their kmart servers are now walmart servers, or vice versa…

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I dont mind it. We always try to start with oasis when enemy has turned all the maps green, it saves time banging down these tier 3 keep gates. Never had any lag there either.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

The lag is real. Fix or disable the event please

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Oasis is still necessary, it’s the biggest weak point to a server that plans to just turtle up all day long once everything is fully upgraded. It’s basically the entire point of the event. You force them to choose to stay where they are at held up in their keeps or come out and try to defend them from the skysplitter.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

It’s a murderball mini-game, which I think is a great idea..
Problem is it doesn’t work. The event causes map wide lag so when we actually try to fight during, it chokes up with as little as 10 people overall participating.

When people call it a PvE event, at the moment that’s true. Because anyone actually looking TO fight has to leave the map, leaving just one side to finish uncontested.

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in WvW

Posted by: Pirate.6257

Pirate.6257

Remove ALL kittening PvE Events from WvW.

I don’t understand why anyone thought these were a good idea.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

The Oasis event should only occur if a server is behind by 5,000 or 10,000 points, at which point it occurs every 3 hours.

There’s no mechanic in the game that can help a server that’s losing make a come back other than hoping you’re population grows over night.

in WvW

Posted by: expandas.7051

expandas.7051

1. Fix latency issues related to the oasis event and large numbers of players.
2. Force players to drop cores if they are affected by CC skills.
3. Reduce the duration of the oasis event from 60 minutes to 30.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The Oasis event should only occur if a server is behind by 5,000 or 10,000 points, at which point it occurs every 3 hours.

There’s no mechanic in the game that can help a server that’s losing make a come back other than hoping you’re population grows over night.

At which point the dominating server send in a zerg and finish it before the server thats behind in points.

I fail to see the point.

No, what we need is the old kitten siegerazer events back and oasis removed. Because its kittening kitten. Siege events worked good enough. Defenders get two, attackers get one.

in WvW

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

I need to agree, Siege events were FAR better IMHO.