Remove upgrade cost

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Posted by: IKShadow.4582

IKShadow.4582

Consider removing upgrade cost and make it automatic after objective ( supply camp/tower/keep/castle ) is hold for XX amount of time it start to upgrade to next level. The supply requirement of course should still be there.

For example our guild is wasting lots of gold daily, upgrading most of objective ( SM upgrade is 3g+ ) only to loose it during night capping. So spending around 10g+ daily is really not acceptable.

The upgrades are something that should not be depended by one character BUT all server.

If needed for money sink make some other like more expensive repair cost.

p.s. Dying in WvW should ALWAYS give repair cost .. I saw bunch of players that rather do suicide jumping from cliff’s when being chased just to avoid repair cost

FUtilez.com Mature Gaming Guild part of Seafarer’s Rest Community Site

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

p.s. Dying in WvW should ALWAYS give repair cost .. I saw bunch of players that rather do suicide jumping from cliff’s when being chased just to avoid repair cost

or you can also switch to town dress right before you die. no repair cost !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

or you can also switch to town dress right before you die. no repair cost !

Seriously? Why haven’t I thought of that before ^^

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Posted by: grizzlebizzle.9371

grizzlebizzle.9371

Or better yet, NEVER give repair cost in WvW. Then there wouldn’t be any reason to jump off a cliff either. It is not like it is needed as a disincentive to dying there is plenty of that already in WvW. When I die I am thinking more about losing the objective and having to respawn and run across the whole map again more than the repair costs.

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Posted by: CardboardBox.6087

CardboardBox.6087

Most dedicated WvW guilds don’t really look at the costs anyway. Making it free will only help bigger servers dominate smaller servers simply because they get to use their gold on more siege weapons.

I can see where you are coming from because I know how frustrating it can be when pugs and smaller guilds don’t really contribute anything towards the war effort aside from manpower(even then their manpower is questionable because they don’t do anything but zerg around mindlessly). However there are too many variables involved in making upgrades automatic. A whole system would have to be put in place and I doubt thats going to happen.

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Posted by: Tyrshar.1782

Tyrshar.1782

The problem is that upgrades/blueprints shouldn’t be purchased with individuals’ gold, but rather an alternative currency earned only in WvWvW or an altogether alternate system. Unfortunately, WvWvW is “end-game” and is designed to pull money out of the economy to stop inflation. There is a need for alternative money sinks that are not directly tied to upgrade/blueprints but still relevant to WvWvW (I’ve made other posts about suggestions). Sadly, WvWvW suffers from a lot of problems that are linked to each other in some way, and change will likely be slow.

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

grizzlebizzle.9371

Inflation is always used as an excuse for pointless gold costs. Like the trait books, repair costs, teleport costs, blueprint/upgrade costs etc. Inflation happens inevitably with or without the money sinks. And inflation in a game is just fine. It is not like grandma’s retirement savings are getting eaten up by in-game inflation and she will end up on the streets as a result.

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

The problem is that upgrades/blueprints shouldn’t be purchased with individuals’ gold, but rather an alternative currency earned only in WvWvW or an altogether alternate system. Unfortunately, WvWvW is “end-game” and is designed to pull money out of the economy to stop inflation. There is a need for alternative money sinks that are not directly tied to upgrade/blueprints but still relevant to WvWvW (I’ve made other posts about suggestions). Sadly, WvWvW suffers from a lot of problems that are linked to each other in some way, and change will likely be slow.

Blueprints can already be purchased for badges..

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Tyrshar.1782

I’m quite sure Anet is being cautious of the economy; they’ve made several posts stating how they keep a close eye on it. They do not want to foster economies that would be off-putting to new players. Imagine joining only to realize that everything on the AH was 50x more expensive (not much fun); this is what happens if inflation gets out of control. New players are very limited in the resources they acquire, and such a scenario is not fun for new players. Sure, inflation happens, but it does not mean it should not be actively countered.

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Tyrshar.1782

Badges would be great, if the drop rate wasn’t low and relied on looting bags that are mostly missed because you are forced to constantly move in combat (and have a very small loot range). Also, badges are only rewarded for kills and champion mob loot. If badges were awarded for other WvWvW goals (supply/camp takeover, not just jumping puzzle (which imho is really out of place but does gives badges)), then they would be a reasonable resource.

(edited by Tyrshar.1782)

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

I think the upgrade costs should be increased maybe 3-5x and make it so that they are communal: you can contribute as much money and karma to it as you want. This way everyone can throw in a few silver and a couple hundred karma towards the upgrade rather than one guy having to shell out a ton of money on his own.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

grizzlebizzle.9371

I’m quite sure Anet is being cautious of the economy; they’ve made several posts stating how they keep a close eye on it. They do not want to foster economies that would be off-putting to new players. Imagine joining only to realize that everything on the AH was 50x more expensive (not much fun); this is what happens if inflation gets out of control. New players are very limited in the resources they acquire, and such a scenario is not fun for new players. Sure, inflation happens, but it does not mean it should not be actively countered.

If everything was 50x as expensive on the AH copper ore would be going for 10g a piece. So they they can sell some copper ore (or jute or onions or whatever else they find as a newbie) on the AH for 50x as much. It balances out. And it is not like it is hard to sell stuff on the AH in this game. They make it as easy as possible. So what is the problem exactly?

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Badges would be great, if the drop rate wasn’t low and relied on looting bags that are mostly missed because you are forced to constantly move in combat (and have a very small loot range). Also, badges are only rewarded for kills and champion mob loot. If badges were awarded for other WvWvW goals (supply/camp takeover, not just jumping puzzle (which imho is really out of place but does gives badges)), then they would be a reasonable resource.

They do drop from supply camp supervisors, but I agreee, the drop rate needs to be increased and/or a means to get the badges without looting.

Also agree with removing the jumping puzzle.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I think the following:

1. They should replace repair costs with waypoint costs. Both are roughly ideintical in rare gear but repair bills in PvP deter many.

2. You can already buy Siege weapons with badges which are still pretty thought after, so people rarely use that option. But if they’d drop more consistently they might be a real alternative.

3. There should be a way to group-fund castle upgrades. Either via the introduction of guild taxes or some sort of WvW pot…in which say…all players contribute their grey loot to cover upgrade investments. It’s not fair that such costs should be covered by an individual.

Remove upgrade cost

in WvW

Posted by: Radiodread.8469

Radiodread.8469

I really like the idea of communal upgrades. Our server has sort of evolved to this by de facto. When its time to upgrade the 1.5g keep fortification, I usually just announce that I am dropping 1.5g for the good of the server and ask for at will donations. I usually get a good portion of it back. People are always willing to donate for waypoints. If it were communal you could even add achievement incentives for lifetime donation towards upgrades or the like.

Radiodread, Guardian [Os] NSP
AKA: Darkshines, Schroedingers Mesmer