Repair bills are not encouraging WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: Highlet.8039

Highlet.8039

Whenever I enter the WvWvW is the same. I play in some low population server and for that we are always losing. And why to get in WvWvW just to get killed and pay a lot of silver after you get ganked?
Seriously… PvP should never damage your gear.

Getting tired of the QQ on this forum about every possible subject imaginable.

This. No kitten. One of the whiniest communities ever. Things aren’t perfect and we can always improve but every issue brought up is like it is some huge major oversight that is going to kill the game and possibly some kittens. Take a xanex people.

in WvW

Posted by: dekyos.1548

dekyos.1548

Honestly, if you’re not killing more people in WvW than being killed, you’re doing something wrong. I’m pretty bad and die a lot and even I have a 5 to 1 kill to death ratio (which is really bad). Even with those deaths, I always come out with more coin in my pocket than I went in with after repairs.

I log about 40-150 kills every night, and I die maybe 20 times on a really bad night.

And yes, if you’re not spending money on siege/upgrades, just looting and repairing your armor, you should be making money from WvW. Last night alone I made 1.4g in WvW.

Here’s a pro-tip for anyone trying to offset their repair bills in WvW, don’t double click on those “Heavy bag of loot” you get from enemies. Most of them will sell for 2s straight-up on the TP, if you double click them and get leather or ore, they instantly drop to a value of a few copper. Also, sell any crafting supplies you find, unless you think they’re worth more to you than they sell for on TP. An example would be Armored scales you might get when taking the middle island, they average about 17s a piece.

One more thing, don’t repair after ever death. Repair when your armor starts to break (not damaged). It costs the same to repair a broken piece as it does a damaged piece, so you get a little more mileage out of your silver if you wait for the armor to actually break.

Gearmatrix – Level 80 Crash’N’Burn Engineer
[MORD]
SBI WvW Junkie

in WvW

Posted by: Cullan.9645

Cullan.9645

It would seem people whine about the smallest things, losing 20s in an hour of WvW is nothing you can make 5x that amount in the same amount of time doing events in Orr without much effort. If people learned to play a little smarter it wouldn’t cost them so much to begin with, don’t always rush straight into the battle take a few seconds to assess the situation, start ranged if you have to or support. I’m not saying the people that are complaining are bad players, they just might need to learn other ways of doing things

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

dont repair just be naked, youll be stronger and yeah if you want to repair wait till is totally broken

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Raideen.5973

Raideen.5973

Honestly, if you’re not killing more people in WvW than being killed, you’re doing something wrong. I’m pretty bad and die a lot and even I have a 5 to 1 kill to death ratio (which is really bad). Even with those deaths, I always come out with more coin in my pocket than I went in with after repairs.

If you’re getting a 5 to 1 kill death ratio, that means others must be doing worse. Everyone can’t have this ratio. It’s mathematically impossible. There are a number of reasons why someone has a worse ratio and I bet you are not being completely accurate unless you just roam around in a large group.

As far as not having repair on a PvP server. I don’t agree with that statement. There needs to be risks associated with engaging in PvP. It is what makes things interesting. If you are out numbered, organise to join a parting or find out where your zerg is.

Don’t travel alone!

This is not quite true, because in a group situation – everything who tags an enemy gets credit for a kill. For each death, you could have like 5-10 people getting credit for kills, so that means there will be 5-10 times more total kills than deaths on the battlefield. If every situation is 1v1, then you would be right.

No, that is in pve, not pvp or wvwvw. I run an aoe spec on my engineer and I have had times where I end up with one bag, knowing kitten well I “tagged” a lot more who died.

Hell, I am lucky if I get 3 bags a night doing aoe…and this is hours of play. It is either random, random on kill or both.

in WvW

Posted by: Raideen.5973

Raideen.5973

I log about 40-150 kills every night, and I die maybe 20 times on a really bad night.

And yes, if you’re not spending money on siege/upgrades, just looting and repairing your armor, you should be making money from WvW. Last night alone I made 1.4g in WvW.

Here’s a pro-tip for anyone trying to offset their repair bills in WvW, don’t double click on those “Heavy bag of loot” you get from enemies. Most of them will sell for 2s straight-up on the TP, if you double click them and get leather or ore, they instantly drop to a value of a few copper. Also, sell any crafting supplies you find, unless you think they’re worth more to you than they sell for on TP. An example would be Armored scales you might get when taking the middle island, they average about 17s a piece.

One more thing, don’t repair after ever death. Repair when your armor starts to break (not damaged). It costs the same to repair a broken piece as it does a damaged piece, so you get a little more mileage out of your silver if you wait for the armor to actually break.

It cost 1 silver 64 copper per death, regardless of gear condition.

(edited by Raideen.5973)

in WvW

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

I tend to make more than i lose tbh.
my only grip is the kill bags,nothing worst than killing a few enemys there bags drop,but then get jumped by 4 more before you can loot them.

We should be able to auto loot them,ppl lose a lot of items they can sell for copper or even rares and badges because of that tbh.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

in WvW

Posted by: grumbles.5412

grumbles.5412

Really it boils down to valuing your life more through your pocketbook.

Are you more inclined to die needlessly if it effects you in some way? Probably not. Repairs bills ensure that players are not throwing themselves upon the enemies swords

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

in WvW

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

I die a lot in WvW because you can’t avoid dying in this game, but even when we do quite badly I always make at least a little bit of money due to events. Maybe it’s more of a problem if you really are constantly outnumbered and meet bigger numbers everywhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Fabled Sheep.4725

Fabled Sheep.4725

Many games have a system in PvP where you will lose a majority of the gear you have on you to the person who killed you, so be grateful that it’s not as simple as a Warrior ganking you, getting a 20k crit, and then taking all of your hard-earned exotics.