Repair costs in WvW

Repair costs in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

So I tried WvW for the first time this evening, and yes, I’m awful at it. It would clearly take me a while to have any clue what I’m doing, but that’s nothing new – it happens in every game where I try PvP.

But hefty repair fees for being killed over and over by (sometimes invisible) players?

I’m baffled as to why learning to play this aspect of the game was designed to be so punitive. (And that’s coming from someone who still plays Eve Online, where everything is designed to be punitive.) I gather from reading other threads in this forum that there’s occasionally loot involved in WvW, and that people generally make more gold than they lose at it – you sure couldn’t prove it by me.

Guess I’ll take up WvW again when you eliminate PvP repair fees, or when I have a lot of gold to burn on being bad at it. Until then, I can’t afford it.

Repair costs in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

While this may be annoying when you’re dying a not knowing what to do. Once you get the hang of WvW the money you have from drops/taking camps, towers and completing events for killing sentry’s/dolyaks, etc etc, you get the point.

You will end of making more money in wvw than you spend on armor repairs

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

Repair costs in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: browolf.3825

browolf.3825

safety in numbers and figuring out which commander(s) is more or less likely to get everyone killed.

Piken Square forever

Repair costs in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Honestly, it’s not that bad once you get the hang of WvW. I always log out with more coin than I logged in with after repairs nowadays. It takes some time to get familiar with things but once you do it won’t seem so bad. Pinky promise!

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

Repair costs in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

Like yourself Aufero, I’m newish to WvW and still have a lot to learn. However the one thing that I found to be the single key to getting on well in WvW and not feeling as if you are just throwing hard earned coin down the drain is finding a group of folks to run with. I’m not sure if you are Guilded or not but I’m sure you must have some players on your friends list? My first forays were with a few folks from my Guild. I simply had to follow along and do my part as they explained differing factors to me. Mind you I don’t mean a huge group either. In fact it is the norm for me to usually scout with 2-4 of us.

This way you get to actually enjoy your time spent, along with the coin spent to repair the few times you will need to. Plus you’ll really learn how everything works in W3 and find yourself wanting to go in more often. Just wait.. till you get to mow some enemies down with an arrow cart and your buddies a few times, you’ll be as hooked to it as I am now. I hope you find some buddies to run with in WvW, it really is one of the best part of GW2.

Toasted Coaster

Repair costs in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kvitoq.9154

Kvitoq.9154

As the other people here mentioned, the repair costs are not that bad (around 11s for dying >6 times) once you get the hang of wvw. You won’t get rich but the loot will more than cover the costs.
Running with your guild or even sticking close to a random group of 3-4 people you find will help you get the hang of it. Off course zerging also helps but I personally love the small team play.

Good luck and have fun.

Also, what server are you on?

Repair costs in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

so hold on hold on… so u cant afford / dont like repair fees? didnt eve teach u anything about jewness? .. dude u kill a bunch of ppl or u do a couple of events in wvw and u can repair ur stuff like 20 times

Repair costs in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Honestly, it’s not that bad once you get the hang of WvW. I always log out with more coin than I logged in with after repairs nowadays. It takes some time to get familiar with things but once you do it won’t seem so bad. Pinky promise!

Ditto to this. I used to run a 0 10 0 30 30 build as an ele, way back when… Before daphoenix put a lot of Ele’s to shame. Yet I still died over and over and over, losing all my money really.

Now I am wearing all Yellow items, Full Berserker Gear, with 10k base health and making roughly 75s – 1.5g, depending on the night and how many players / enemies there are.

I however am on the server where we don’t have large numbers and always Outmanned, so we fight zergs, which sometimes works in our favor until it because 20 to 1 odds.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]