Reporting siege trolls

Reporting siege trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Arcuss.6457

Arcuss.6457

I’m sure this has been talked to death about. I’ve been playing since launch and this is still a problem to today. Of course i’m talking about the clowns that like to throw random siege down in front of a gate or in inconvenient locations. If anet will not do anything about it, then they should at least attach the players name to the siege so the zerg can shame and report that person.

Reporting siege trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Kimdracula.3450

Kimdracula.3450

I actually do not find this much of a problem at all. There really aren’t that many siege trolls around.

Sure, the loser who built a ballista right on top of the repair NPC in our EB keep the other night was extremely annoying, it doesn’t really happen very often.

In saying this, having a player name or at least guild tag (upon clicking the item) attached to an item of siege thrown would be pretty cool.

Kimdracula – Oceanic – SoS
Chokehold [DAD]

Reporting siege trolls

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

What is worse is when before an enemy attacks your side, …….mysteriously big upgrades are started on all your towers/keep/garrison so you have no supply left to defend with. Interesting how it happens more times than not when certain enemy guilds are out….hmmmm, i’m suspicious.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

Reporting siege trolls

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

Anet allows peoble to buy more than 1 account pr. IP address…ofc they do ..they make money…what Anet do NOT understand ..is that letting peoble buying several accounts…Anet is involved in serious damage to the game …cause its possible in 1000 ways to Exploit the benefit of having more than 1 account….

this is the kitten we are all facing ..all because of Anet not thinking straight

Reporting siege trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

uh, so you’re saying it’s not ok for there to be multiple people playing the game on different accounts in the same household?

Reporting siege trolls

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Siege having people’s names on it I think could be useful. After all, the “initial owner” can repossess the siege at any moment and it’d be nice to know who did it. Plus there are definitely some names I’d trust over others in order to decide refreshing it or not.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Reporting siege trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Siege having people’s names on it I think could be useful. After all, the “initial owner” can repossess the siege at any moment and it’d be nice to know who did it. Plus there are definitely some names I’d trust over others in order to decide refreshing it or not.

My concern with something like that is, and has been, the concern over trolling and griefing someone for ‘not throwing sup siege’ or throwing in a spot that perhaps wasn’t ‘ideal’ but at that time was useful. Perhaps that is all the defender had, and it was reg ac or lose a tower.

I get that there can be a benefit, but I am not so sure showing that would be a benefit that outweighs the rest. Additionally, it would give even more clutter on screen.

Reporting siege trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I refresh everyone’s siege, regardless if I think it’s good placement or not. Unless its a troll, someone put the effort into building it, and I respect that effort. Plus if the siege vanishes before they get to use it, they never adjust and learn from their placement.

Also, sometimes it’s an experiment in a unusual place that results in a brand new way of looking at placement.

So yep, I refresh all siege, no matter who built it.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)