Repost: making WvW similar to sPvP

in WvW

Posted by: Oroibahazopi.9074

Oroibahazopi.9074

apparently I was disrespectful in my last post about this and before any mod deletes this I have an email from customer support saying I can repost

make WvW more competitive by using the sPvP character customisation system

more people will play, less lag from ugly particle effects, more emphasis on player skill, less feeling like a tool because you’re upleveled and borderline worthless as anything other than a supply mule

I read the new changes with disrepair because I have multiple alts I use for different group combinations and situations, grinding time gated items will be hell

I work out, given the new ascended items follow the same stat gain over exotic, that without ascended I’ll be behind by almost 10% on a given stat. This is bad news for small group roamers.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I would murder your most precious pet if this ever happened. I would blame YOU.

The sole reason I do not play sPvP is because of how its gear system works. No I don’t want to unlock how I look again, thanks, I’ve already spent over $50 on transmutation stones alone.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

do you know how you look to everyone else in WvW if they have the sense to not change the default setting

like a generic one colour dude with no face, aside from the ugly weapons and back pieces

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

No. Please no. God no. Heavens to Betsy no.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

so you’re saying that commanders wouldn’t want everyone to be equally useful (potentially) and able to switch out build easily and quickly

k

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

If you want spvp, then play spvp. Don’t make WvW as boring and limited as it is too. NO! A thousand times no. If they change it most of us will have no reason to play this game anymore. The majority of WvW players hate spvp which is why we play WvW and not spvp. The limited way you can customize yourself in spvp makes it boring. If you like that, fine, then just play spvp. Don’t try to ruin what other people enjoy just because you’re too lazy to gear yourself up. That’s basically what your post is saying. “I can’t be bothered to grind for gear like everyone else so please take it away from everyone who does want to do that so I can be equal to them”

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

so you’re saying that commanders wouldn’t want everyone to be equally useful (potentially) and able to switch out build easily and quickly

k

People wouldn’t do it anyway.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

wvw would be boring when everyone is on an equal footing gear wise?

I honestly don’t understand the argument tbh I play wvw to pvp on a larger scale than in spvp not to err look at my gear in a field or something

like I mentioned in my other post that was removed yes it limits some combinations but there are very few optimal builds that even use mix and match apart from ele that I can think of

and yes I’m sick of grind after levelling 4 alts to 80 and grinding the tokens and gold to equip them, especially since I was brought into this game on the premise that it wouldn’t be like that at all

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

k

People wouldn’t do it anyway.

now that I do agree with .-.

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

wvw would be boring when everyone is on an equal footing gear wise?

I honestly don’t understand the argument tbh I play wvw to pvp on a larger scale than in spvp not to err look at my gear in a field or something

like I mentioned in my other post that was removed yes it limits some combinations but there are very few optimal builds that even use mix and match apart from ele that I can think of

and yes I’m sick of grind after levelling 4 alts to 80 and grinding the tokens and gold to equip them, especially since I was brought into this game on the premise that it wouldn’t be like that at all

The whole point in getting new gear for me is to test it out in WvW against other people. Using different combinations of gear is fun to me. There would be no point in getting new gear that comes out if I can’t use it in WvW since PvE is easy enough to do naked. In short, there would be nothing left for me to do and no point to continue playing at all. Spvp is extremely limiting in gear combinations. some of us don’t want to play the same cookie cutter builds as everyone and like coming up with our own combinations of things. Don’t ruin that for us. And if you don’t want to grind for new gear, that’s your choice. You’re choosing to be at a disadvantage. That’s your problem. Why should the people who do want to do that be punished for your laziness?

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

really, you gear multiple characters in multiple sets just to try stuff out?

are you sure you don’t spend over 90% of your time in pve?

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

less feeling like a tool because you’re upleveled and borderline worthless as anything other than a supply mule

I am still working on an alt, and it is really difficult to feel like I can contribute while leveling because of how scaling works. It is one of the reasons why I run a primarily “control” build, because even if I spec in full offensive gear (full power/precision/crit that is available at level), you are no better than a tickly-feather against a geared 80. While it is nice to progress slowly towards 80 and feel more and more useful, it really does limit your capability. I remember taking a level 30 thief in all power gear, and it took me a good 3 minutes to take down a yak. The damage was just pathetic.

I feel that the scaling formula is a quick and easy fix to try.

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

No. I hate the gear/balance of sPvP.

I am a warrior. I would quit this game if this ever happened.

ps.: I got 7 full exotic armor sets + trinkets on my warrior all funded with money earned in WvW.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

(edited by MiLkZz.4789)

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

This post reeks of laziness.

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

I would murder your most precious pet if this ever happened. I would blame YOU.

The sole reason I do not play sPvP is because of how its gear system works. No I don’t want to unlock how I look again, thanks, I’ve already spent over $50 on transmutation stones alone.

Making WvW similar to spvp in gear will never happen due to people like these.

Anet needs to make money off of casuals and Larpers like this poster. They also need to keep the T6mats going by pushing consumables on you. Now two high lvl consumables will cost you around 85 silver an hour.

They make more cash on the current system than implementing an spvp one.

I’m all down for cosmetics and stuff but the stats should be equal to spvp. That won’t happen because people want to bring in their ascend and exotic gear and show them off. They should allow you to get your ‘look’ in there but remove consumables and any stats above those of spvp.

This post should be closed as we all know Anet will never agree to this.

(edited by XII.9401)

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

thanks I thought i was going insane

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Anet needs to make money off of casuals and Larpers like this poster.

Hahaha, I am a casual.

Nice insults.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

it’s not an insult, just an observation

an observation that occurs in every game everywhere when the people who enjoy a competitive atmosphere are drowned out by the people who want to look at their characters kitten all day

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

WvW was never meant to be balanced, it was meant to actually imitate real warfare as much as possible, and I am rather sure that in real wars both sides are not exactly equal.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

ya because real life war is so much fun

in WvW

MiLkZz.4789

sPvP is out of balance, it has very very VERY limited build options. Not having food hurts so many builds that they wont even be viable anymore.

Warriors will be useless, the high amount of guardians will only go up.

sPvP was balanced around 5-8 players, not 80-90 players. You can’t just apply those balances to a total different mode of the game without hurting it so hard it will become unplayable. If this ever happens, I will deinstall the game instantely and never look at it again. But don’t think Anet is this stupid to ever apply this idea.

Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

sPvP is out of balance

sPvP was balanced

wat

I counter by saying how do you know that the sPvP system will not work in WvW and throw everything out of balance

if anything the current system is imba as it stands since people can bring anything and upleveled characters are a joke, it’s not noob friendly

keep food if you like, it wouldn’t be hard to keep it in, even though some food is just dumb

also warriors in wvw are worthless too, only thing they bring is that warbanner and that’s only 5 people

in WvW

MiLkZz.4789

sPvP is out of balance

sPvP was balanced

wat

I counter by saying how do you know that the sPvP system will not work in WvW and throw everything out of balance

if anything the current system is imba as it stands since people can bring anything and upleveled characters are a joke, it’s not noob friendly

also warriors in wvw are worthless too, only thing they bring is that warbanner and that’s only 5 people

1. Don’t pull my words out of context.
2. You only need half a brain to know it would destroy WvW and dull the game down.
3. Why does it need to be noob friendly? I hate games that give in to noobs. That is the reason why I quit League Of Legends.
4. Wut?! You even play WvW? Warriors are 1 of the best classes in WvW at the moment. Amazing group condition clearing, applying some boons, aoe healing that stacks with any other healing source. Incredible CC and control over the enemy. And indeed the banner rezz.

Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

You’re obviously new to WvW if that’s what you think. Warriors are far from useless there. And it wasn’t meant to be noob friendly. That’s what spvp is for. It’s pvp with training wheels for those who can’t handle things being uneven when they have to go up against people who actually come up with unique builds that are impossible to replicate in spvp. You WoW generation kids want everything spoonfed to you and someone to hold your hand through everything don’t you? Just suck it up and grind for better gear. If you can’t stomach doing that, then wvw just isn’t for you. Stick to your beloved spvp which the rest of us find utterly boring and limiting.

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

I’m pretty sure you can name a class that outshines war in any of those given areas.

and as for the noob friendly comment, you left LoL a game that’s actually considered a successful esport (not that I play it) and came to this game. don’t you see how that doesn’t make sense

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

oh ya I’m a wow generation kid because I don’t want to have to grind to get my gear every few months

because I’d like to just play WvW without having to care about the awful pve content

you are the wow generation kid my friend, people from my generation played games to have fun and get better at playing the game rather than mindlessly grinding gear to gain an advantage over people new to the game

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

ya because real life war is so much fun

Nope, not in any way or form, but that does not mean that WvW should not behave like real war.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

I don’t know why i’m even bothering trying to explain to you why this is a terrible idea. SpvP is extremely limiting and makes a lot of builds impossible to create. That’s why we don’t like spvp. We have that option in WvW. That’s the fun of it for most of us. We can take the gear we worked hard to acquire and face off against other people. You are just lazy. That’s all there is to it. And if you’re skilled enough, gear won’t make that much of a difference. I have a couple characters still in rares that can take people down in full exotics no problem. the same difference in stats between exotic and ascended. Don’t want to grind for new stuff, then don’t. You may have a minor disadvantage in stats but so what? Things don’t need to be even. That’s the fun of it. That’s why spvp is boring to me. Everything is handed to you right from the start, nothing to work for. If you want mommy to hold your hand through the game for you fine, play spvp. Don’t take the fun out of wvw for those of us who like the way it is now.

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

I can’t come up with a response sarcastic enough to properly reply to that comment, sorry.

Suffice to say I have seen the “games need to be like real life” argument so many times and every time it gets shot down because it’s horrible for gameplay.

I’ll just say real life isn’t balanced, and therefore modelling a game on real life will make the game imba. And imba games are not fun to play for the losing side.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

I can’t come up with a response sarcastic enough to properly reply to that comment, sorry.

Suffice to say I have seen the “games need to be like real life” argument so many times and every time it gets shot down because it’s horrible for gameplay.

I’ll just say real life isn’t balanced, and therefore modelling a game on real life will make the game imba. And imba games are not fun to play for the losing side.

But you are ignoring the fact that ArenaNet have stated since before release of the game that WvW is not MEANT to be balanced.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

gear wont make much of a difference? lol

are you serious, yeah I can take down some fully geared lvl 80 guy with brain damage in my lvl 60 using only blues and greens it picks up off the floor. it doesn’t mean that if the guy were on equal skill with me he wouldn’t completely destroy me

I honestly can’t believe you just tried to argue that, it’s literally the dumbest thing I’ve read on this forum

you need to balance assuming equal player skill, it should be pretty obvious

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

But you are ignoring the fact that ArenaNet have stated since before release of the game that WvW is not MEANT to be balanced.

ANet said a lot of things before release lol

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

ANet said a lot of things before release lol

And yet they still keep saying it, so clearly that is how it currently is meant to be.
War isn’t fair, simply accept it or don’t participate.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

Just get better gear, that’s it. If you don’t want to then its your fault for choosing to be at a disadvantage. A lot of people in WvW spend a lot of money on this game. The vast majority like how things are now. You’re probably the only one who would want it to become as boring and limiting as spvp. Anet would lose lots of money if they changed it because most of us wouldn’t want to play anymore if it became like that.

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

if they don’t want it to be balanced then why are all the maps so symmetrical

why is there a population limit

why are they talking about changing outmanned to favour the smaller side

why are there breakout events

why is the main spawn area on every map a safe zone where you can’t die

why are there righteous indignation buffs on npcs

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

if they don’t want it to be balanced then why are all the maps so symmetrical

why is there a population limit

why are they talking about changing outmanned to favour the smaller side

why are there breakout events

why is the main spawn area on every map a safe zone where you can’t die

why are there righteous indignation buffs on npcs

All the maps are identical because making mechanical imbalances is extremely silly and stupid.

Because servers can’t handle unlimited amount of people?

Because it would be stupid to favor the bigger side with an outmanned buff?

Because it is boring to not have a single tower in a map and being unable to retake anything due to the other server being bigger/stronger

Because dying as soon as you enter a makitten illy.

Because you get points for flipping camps, and constantly flipping a camp back and forth between servers would destroy the whole point-system.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

but real life war wouldn’t have any of those things

and like you said they’re all put in to balance wvw so I don’t understand your argument

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

but real life war wouldn’t have any of those things

and like you said they’re all put in to balance wvw so I don’t understand your argument

No, they put it to stop people from making it impossible to even join WvW for a bad server.

You are just being silly.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

but reaaalll warrrrr

if a server couldn’t co-ordinate enough numbers to join the map at the same time to avoid being spawn wiped then that’s their fault for being too bad

to me you’re the silly one if you honestly believe that the design choices made by anet in wvw are not to balance the experience

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

it should be the complete opposite where people arent upscaled at all. dont understand why upscaled players are allowed to contribute to zerg numbers when they’ve earned nothing on their characters. wvw should be 80 only or no upscaling.

CD

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

no upscaling? so you want even more free rallies and bags given away to the enemy?

and locking it to 80 only will hurt the population in the long run

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

And if you’re skilled enough, gear won’t make that much of a difference.

I was thinking and then I decided to look at your post history and saw you’re a thief complainer. Actually now everything begins to slot into place on this forum

in WvW

Posted by: DirgeZombie.7315

DirgeZombie.7315

This is one of the worst ideas I’ve seen posted on these forums. You would have way more people quitting in droves because of such a drastic change than you would have new people playing. I’m not even sure why I replied as there’s no way this will ever happen.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I’m going to put my opinion in here again since it went with your last thread.

I do not really care for the single amulet in sPvP. This is what has mostly kept me from playing it since I can’t get the same stat combination that I would prefer to use. I don’t like the all or nothing style of the amulet because I run a mixture of gear types. The amulet with everything isn’t something I care to use because there are stats on there that I don’t need or want and can find a better amulet in those lists but I still don’t care for the other amulets.

I would find another game if WvW got changed to run with sPvP gear rules. I don’t have to play sPvP and I like WvW and my gear set as it is.

I don’t mind that ascended is being added to armor either. That kind of stuff doesn’t bother me.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

Well suppose they put the effort in and gave you the full 6 trinkets, what then?

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Well suppose they put the effort in and gave you the full 6 trinkets, what then?

If I can’t get the specific combination that I want, then no.

Even with 6 trinkets, I don’t feel that I can get the combination that I have now. I’d still be to stat heavy in one direction and not enough in another with having to spread them out.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

The only thing you’d potentially miss out on is the +10% condition duration from givers weapons and boon duration on armour.

I honestly can’t think of a build where 6 slots + 6 gems isn’t enough to get the stat spread desired.

in WvW

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

It won’t work because the objectives in spvp is different from the objectives in wvw. In spvp, the ultimate goal is to cap nodes and hold them, with various strategies revolving around how to maximize your team’s functionality, mobility, durability, etc. Wvw has a different tactical approach, whether it be long-term attrition-type strategy or open-field zerg clashes. The fact that survivability gear is favored in wvw than having a team with balanced gear (in spvp, that being different chars fulfill different roles in spvp) already means that both aspects of the game are vastly different (despite having the same killing-players element to it).

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

Well gear exists in spvp to build for survivability.

I honestly don’t really see the difference in game modes though tbh, just WvW is conquest with more nodes and walls and more players of course. And like in sPvP you get a blob flipping nodes with one person – 5 man running around doing other stuff

in WvW

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Well gear exists in spvp to build for survivability.

I honestly don’t really see the difference in game modes though tbh, just WvW is conquest with more nodes and walls and more players of course. And like in sPvP you get a blob flipping nodes with one person – 5 man running around doing other stuff

That is true, except that a zerg with full survivability is much preferable than an spvp team that is full bunkers. Of course, when I talk about spvp, I actually mean tpvp or a serious spvp match, not those 8v8 shennenigans where people “zerg” a bunch of nodes.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.