Request for fair gearing

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: SixVoltCar.5248

SixVoltCar.5248

It’s becoming increasingly apparent with the release of legendary armor that you’re making ascended the new exotic. This is fine for PVE players for the most part, this is not OK for WVW players. If you reduce the difference between exo and ascend you fun afoul of PVE players (who by their very nature want gear grinds to be insurmountable for anyone that comes after them— this is not sustainable development), if you increase it, then WVW is effectively pay to win via ascended leather/metal/cloth.

For WVW to remain fair (4-stat combinations aside), raiders and PVE grinders can’t be given a stat advantage. The only people would and will be upset by the following suggestion are the very same people exploiting the current situation for an advantage: Scale all gear in WVW to the ascended equivalent of its stat combination. I’m in full ascended and I really wouldn’t be upset by greens equalling my gear so long as the stat combo is the same.

It’s a compeditive environment, when you do sweeping changes like you did with conditions, it ruins the meta (which, whether you’d like to believe it or not, most people adhere to lest they be stomped by those who copy the meta) and we end up in a totally different situation— it’s more difficult for us than PVE players to keep up with your ability changes because we have to basically build a new set of gear/jewellery whether by making the inscription and throwing it in the mystic toilet or crafting a new set entirely.

Edit: think cost and time building an ascended or 4-stat maguuma set

(edited by SixVoltCar.5248)

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I’m fine with ascended gear in WvW giving you higher stats, after all you had to work for it, and the equipment does indeed have higher stats.

However, what I am not fine with is that every stat combo that is allowed in PvE is allowed in WvW as well. Some of those stat combos were removed from PvP because they were deemed to be too good for a competitive environment, yet they are still allowed in WvW. So which is it Anet? Are these stat combos too strong for competitive play? Or are they balanced?

Personally, gearwise for WvW, I really want to see Anet normalize WvW with PvP. Any stat combination that is not available in PvP should not be available in WvW either. Similarly, any rune or sigil that is removed from PvP should be removed from WvW, with few to no exceptions. I’ll leave the logistics of how this should happen up to Anet, but I do think its something that should happen soon.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

SixVoltCar.5248

I’m fine with ascended gear in WvW giving you higher stats, after all you had to work for it, and the equipment does indeed have higher stats.

However, what I am not fine with is that every stat combo that is allowed in PvE is allowed in WvW as well. Some of those stat combos were removed from PvP because they were deemed to be too good for a competitive environment, yet they are still allowed in WvW. So which is it Anet? Are these stat combos too strong for competitive play? Or are they balanced?

>I agree with this, condi and boon duration as a stat is far too strong and should be nullified in wvw

Personally, gearwise for WvW, I really want to see Anet normalize WvW with PvP. Any stat combination that is not available in PvP should not be available in WvW either. Similarly, any rune or sigil that is removed from PvP should be removed from WvW, with few to no exceptions. I’ll leave the logistics of how this should happen up to Anet, but I do think its something that should happen soon.

>Different team sizes and different builds, I wouldn’t mess with runes and sigils, I just want people to feel free to come into our game mode regardless as to their gearing status and be compeditive. I also want to be able to play my alt characters without grinding a million hours just to be compeditive

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

WvW should award ascended and legendaries.

Also nerfing certain stats in wvw seems fair as well.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

OriOri.8724

>I agree with this, condi and boon duration as a stat is far too strong and should be nullified in wvw

>Different team sizes and different builds, I wouldn’t mess with runes and sigils, I just want people to feel free to come into our game mode regardless as to their gearing status and be compeditive. I also want to be able to play my alt characters without grinding a million hours just to be compeditive

It is different sizes and different builds. That doesn’t change the fact that some stat combinations were deemed to be too powerful for a competitive setting, which is why they were removed from PvP. Since they are too powerful for a competitive setting, they should also be removed from WvW, since its also a competitive setting.

And really, you can be competitive in exotics in WvW. The difference between full ascended and full exotics isn’t that large (especially if you have ascended trinkets and/or an ascended weapon), certainly not large enough to make you lose if you are more skilled than the opponent.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

You guys are kittening over nothing. Whatever relevent stat combo that is allowed in PvE is allowed in WvW. It doesn’t cost but what? 5g to change Ascended stats? That’s nothing. Of which I’ve changed maybe once in a year…
It really isn’t a million hour grind to be competitive, you are just flat out inefficient.
If you don’t suck and know your class you can easily beat another with ascended stats with your exotics.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I’m confused by the OP. You seem to be taking issue with Legendary Armor because of “stats advantage”. I’m pretty sure Legendary Armor is going to be handled the same as Legendary Weapons in regards to stats, which have the same value as Ascended.

The only advantage there is to obtain by Legendary Armor is the ability to change stats on the fly like one can with other Legendary equipment.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Legendary is for appearance and convenience. There is no combat advantage. Even if there was, the difference between ascended and exotic armor is razor thin. Skill and build determines 99.9% of a fights outcome.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

It’s becoming increasingly apparent with the release of legendary armor that you’re making ascended the new exotic. This is fine for PVE players for the most part, this is not OK for WVW players. If you reduce the difference between exo and ascend you fun afoul of PVE players (who by their very nature want gear grinds to be insurmountable for anyone that comes after them— this is not sustainable development), if you increase it, then WVW is effectively pay to win via ascended leather/metal/cloth.

For WVW to remain fair (4-stat combinations aside), raiders and PVE grinders can’t be given a stat advantage. The only people would and will be upset by the following suggestion are the very same people exploiting the current situation for an advantage: Scale all gear in WVW to the ascended equivalent of its stat combination. I’m in full ascended and I really wouldn’t be upset by greens equalling my gear so long as the stat combo is the same.

It’s a compeditive environment, when you do sweeping changes like you did with conditions, it ruins the meta (which, whether you’d like to believe it or not, most people adhere to lest they be stomped by those who copy the meta) and we end up in a totally different situation— it’s more difficult for us than PVE players to keep up with your ability changes because we have to basically build a new set of gear/jewellery whether by making the inscription and throwing it in the mystic toilet or crafting a new set entirely.

Legendary armor will have the same stats as ascended.

The entire gear system is fine and works.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Nope. Leave WvW wide open. if you want the gear that you can use limited, then go to PvP.

Ascended gear is not as hard to get as people suggest and i found, in many ways, it easier as you can move a set around character to character. This “competitive setting” meme is hokum as far as I am concerned. A player with skill will beat any player wearing ascended without skill even if in exotic and if the player skilled anough to do the same, they can easily get ascended gear.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Nope. Leave WvW wide open. if you want the gear that you can use limited, then go to PvP.

Ascended gear is not as hard to get as people suggest and i found, in many ways, it easier as you can move a set around character to character. This “competitive setting” meme is hokum as far as I am concerned. A player with skill will beat any player wearing ascended without skill even if in exotic and if the player skilled anough to do the same, they can easily get ascended gear.

This.

If you want to be locked down on “even” grounds with a limited stat pool – go play ranked PvP. Let people use their ascended gear stat combos they worked for to be used in WvW. Freedom of choice and diversity.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

A lot of you seem confused, the op wasn’t asking for the limited PvP amulet system. He was asking for existing gear to be scaled to ascended stats in WvW.

Since anet has given PvP and PvE ways to grind out ascended gear but left WvW with nothing but an rng chance of getting it, this seems like a very fair solution. For those of you that insist that having ascended stats don’t give you an advantage (which literally makes no sense) you shouldn’t have a problem with everyone being scaled to those stats. Ascended still has the added benefit of being account bound rather than character bound so they will still be worth having.

The one thing missing from the op is the new stat armor/weapons should all be added to the armor vendor so that you can straight up purchase it with WvW currency like you can with the older gear. If they insist on guaranteeing only HoT players can buy it they can just make it cost a combo of badges and proofs.

Build diversity shouldn’t be locked behind grinding out gear (more efficiently) in other game modes.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

A lot of you seem confused, the op wasn’t asking for the limited PvP amulet system. He was asking for existing gear to be scaled to ascended stats in WvW.

I pretty much took from his post that he was asking for that because of his assumption that legendary armor was going to have higher stats than ascended armor (ascended the new exotic), which it won’t.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

I would be fine if WvW used the sPvP gear and be part of that system, above all because that game mode has a bit more balance. This would make some players start raging though… instead of a civil debate (yes, humanity)

Regardless what OP wants to say (sorry, it’s a confusing long post), it is indeed a long process getting a full set of ascended gear (or legendary). It’s still far better than some other games, but pointless comparing, when we have sPvP mode that allows to just log in and play that, instead the WvW where you need a long time to get geared. It’s not a big problem for those who love doing this, who don’t hate PvE (Living Story… shivery words to me) and “wasting time” on PvE maps… but for the rest of us is painful, because every second spent there it’s a time I could had a fun WvW battle (or just be there on WvW map hoping for a fun fight)

In conclusion: we need ways to get everything in WvW, everything that is “needed” or being used there: weapons, armors, backpieces, and so on. Give us “challenging content” if you have to in WvW, but allow us to stay here, and never having to log onto a PvE map and hearing about PvE ever again.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

(edited by Tiawal.2351)

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I’m not really sure there is value in scaling exotics to ascended while in wvw. I say exotics because if you are using white/blue/green/yellow gear that is just being lazy.

The biggest disparity in gear from exotics to ascended is the weapon dmg and % guard infusions, not the actual stat points.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: HitmanHaydon.1053

HitmanHaydon.1053

WvW isnt supposed to be balanced, if you want balance go to pvp.

If anything there should be MORE of an advantage for legendary gear.
One of the reason this game (as a whole, not really WvW) is losing players, is lack of gear progression.

It’s far too easy to get and switch ascended these days.
The only thing to spend gold on is more skins, so good drops become pointless.
It’s terrible and self defeating design.
MMORPGs with nothing to aim for don’t work, simple as that.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Getting ascended trinkets requires logging in frequently. Getting an ascended weapon via crafting isn’t terribly expensive. Ascended armor is a minor upgrade at best.

GW2 is one of the few games that somehow managed to have decent gear tiers without builds needing to rely on them to perform. Just enough of an improvement to make it worth the effort but not so much to make players in different gear tiers too far apart to be competitive.

What GW2 really needs though is a significantly better drop rate. Having played thousands of hours, I have seen about a dozen non-ring ascended drops and zero pre-cursors.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

We have the ability points we use for wvw masteries sitting there with no expectatives to get new masteries without creating a new powercreep.

Let’s us use them to by ascended materials wich we can use to build ascended and legendary armors or weapons.
Rare and expensive mats like mystic coins and amalgamated stones. Even stacks of hardened square leather.

We have the proof of heroics for expansion content and ability points for ascended or legendary materials.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Gear is fine, but WvW just need legendary armor reward track. Exotic actually give you advantage because you can make new optimal exotic set for every FotM build. I don’t have motivation change my ascended gear stat because i lose runes and sigils so i don’t never use optimal build.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Gear is fine, but WvW just need legendary armor reward track. Exotic actually give you advantage because you can make new optimal exotic set for every FotM build. I don’t have motivation change my ascended gear stat because i lose runes and sigils so i don’t never use optimal build.

Hell no. Raiders have to put in a kittenton of work to get leg armor. A reward track will come nowhere close to that and will just cheapen it for the people who actually worked for such a reward.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Justine.6351

Hell no. Raiders have to put in a kittenton of work to get leg armor. A reward track will come nowhere close to that and will just cheapen it for the people who actually worked for such a reward.

WvW needs a Legendary Weapon merchant that sells for badges and heroic proofs. Best to put them into the portal provisioner for easy access. Thinking 500 badges/500 proofs for 1handed and 750 badges/750 proofs for 2handed. Seems legit and fair just ask everyone who in 4 years of wvw has never ever gotten any ascended gear drops ever!

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

WvW’ers have to put in a kittenton of work to get nothing though.

My first and only raid experience against the first boss netted me an Elonian Leather Square among the rewards. So, I think they are doing fine.

Perhaps the reward track should be multipart involving components, and then you’d have to mystic forge up a bunch of stuff? It doesn’t just have to consist solely of an 8 hour reward track.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

OriOri.8724

My first and only raid experience against the first boss netted me an Elonian Leather Square among the rewards. So, I think they are doing fine.

Perhaps the reward track should be multipart involving components, and then you’d have to mystic forge up a bunch of stuff? It doesn’t just have to consist solely of an 8 hour reward track.

But you can AFK your way through reward tracks. To my knowledge none of the raid bosses can be AFK’ed through, and even if 1 or 2 could, it would take you years to get your leg armor by doing that.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

But you can AFK your way through reward tracks. To my knowledge none of the raid bosses can be AFK’ed through, and even if 1 or 2 could, it would take you years to get your leg armor by doing that.

There is going to be a way to abuse any given system, or get carried in some form regardless of what criteria you use.There are probably many players that have gotten carried through the grand majority of content to get many of the high end rewards in this game. How many people get carried through Octovine/DS/World Bosses while being dead 90% of the time and making it harder because people need to res them, yet still get loads of chests that they can use to gain wealth to do whatever they want, including using it to get legendaries.

That’s not an excuse for legitimate players to be punished because of that. Yes it’ll lower the prestige of the item. Better than nothing though, I would think.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

The absolute worst part of sPvP is the limited gear choices via amulets and the limited gear types. If they made WvW be like PvP id have literally nothing to play for.

Now also if they made wvw/pvp/pve be truly independantly balanced then maybe just maybe it would be ok

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

just make WvW able to get ascended armor like sPvP can.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Justine.6351

?
You mean with 500 crafting?

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

You’d have to be a fool to consider sPvP a viable method for acquiring ascended. The current ascended gear is sPvP is both just as expensive to acquire and requires even more grinding than standard crafting.

The best acquisition method for ascended is raids.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Justine.6351

You’d have to be a fool to consider sPvP a viable method for acquiring ascended. The current ascended gear is sPvP is both just as expensive to acquire and requires even more grinding than standard crafting.

Followed by wvw where they free drop on occasion.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Lols. Ascended drops less often than Xmas, and that at least comes around once a year.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

The best method to get me to kill myself is to attend a raid. People should play what they like and get gear to play in that mode they enjoy the most.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Justine.6351

Lols. Ascended drops less often than Xmas, and that at least comes around once a year.

I’ve had 3 so far this year. Another 7 months to go.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

There is already fair gearing, everyone is afforded the exact same opportunities from Anet to acquire whatever gear they so desire, with multiple ways to obtain. The only limiting factor is the Player themself. GG no new gearing system needed, all that is needed is a Vendor for WvW like Pvp and Fractals have.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Are these stat combos too strong for competitive play? Or are they balanced?

The removed stat combinations are balanced just fine for any situation that isn’t “stand in this one spot forever and don’t let anyone take it from you”.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The removed stat combinations are balanced just fine for any situation that isn’t “stand in this one spot forever and don’t let anyone take it from you”.

The WvW forum spends it’s time complaining about god level necros and invincible warriors. But you never see that in sPvP. You know why? because sPvP doesn’t have the PvE bull that WvW does.

Half the things that the WvW forum complains about would be fixed by the sPvP stat restrictions. Sadly ya’ll are too busy claiming that it limits “diversity” despite the fact that the WvW meta is far more restrictive than the sPvP meta.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

OriOri.8724

The WvW forum spends it’s time complaining about god level necros and invincible warriors. But you never see that in sPvP. You know why? because sPvP doesn’t have the PvE bull that WvW does.

Half the things that the WvW forum complains about would be fixed by the sPvP stat restrictions. Sadly ya’ll are too busy claiming that it limits “diversity” despite the fact that the WvW meta is far more restrictive than the sPvP meta.

Pretty much this.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Sounds good to me also get rid of dire/trailblazer/minstrel etc

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I kno right. Let’s just have 4 playable builds instead: range/melee/caster/support. We’ll remove conditions altogether….too confusing for many players. SIMPLIFY MAAAAAAN.

Infact why even have 4 battleground to begin with? Why even allow people to have more players on one team vs another. Let’ just give it the snowball winter’sday minigame treatment. That way everyone can be unhappy, and the drop in and out noobs can have 10-25 minute sessions where they don’t automatically lose for lack of skill.

I mean all the real players have given up on making WvsW post due to censoring and lack of listening from anet. So now the intended audience, the mindless pve zerglings, are flooding the forums with their “make wvsw zerg friendly again……again.” mentality. God forbid a solo player can take on more than 2 others and win. Let’s just whine till the things we refuse to learn go away. The people who learned everything and realized how stupidly one sided it is and how to fix it……those people don’t complain anymore cause they know ALRDY KNOW how pointless rationale thought is in this game.
sO mR op. WHY DON’T YOU GO DO THE PROPER RESEARCH AND LEARN EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN! Then you can see how misguided your posting is, and you can join the elite “I don’t care anymore” segment of wvsw.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Another alternative would be to reduce the stats all over.

If you reduced the stats of all gear with (example) 10%, it would make less of an impact on the total stats. Your base stats would still remain the same, thus weakening the extreme edges of stat stacking.

Example Berserker exo full set (taken from pvp amulet, from memory):
Power 1200 → 1080
Precision 900 → 810
Ferocity 900 → 810

While all the base stats remains at 1000, as per usual. Tweak the % around as needed etc.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Wait seriously? Does someone seriously think Ascended vs. Exotic will make or break a fight? Jeeze its like 5% stat/damage difference. This would be at the bottom of the list of things ANET needs to look at for WvW, right under -bring back the oasis event-

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I kno right. Let’s just have 4 playable builds instead: range/melee/caster/support. We’ll remove conditions altogether….too confusing for many players. SIMPLIFY MAAAAAAN.

Infact why even have 4 battleground to begin with? Why even allow people to have more players on one team vs another. Let’ just give it the snowball winter’sday minigame treatment. That way everyone can be unhappy, and the drop in and out noobs can have 10-25 minute sessions where they don’t automatically lose for lack of skill.

I mean all the real players have given up on making WvsW post due to censoring and lack of listening from anet. So now the intended audience, the mindless pve zerglings, are flooding the forums with their “make wvsw zerg friendly again……again.” mentality. God forbid a solo player can take on more than 2 others and win. Let’s just whine till the things we refuse to learn go away. The people who learned everything and realized how stupidly one sided it is and how to fix it……those people don’t complain anymore cause they know ALRDY KNOW how pointless rationale thought is in this game.
sO mR op. WHY DON’T YOU GO DO THE PROPER RESEARCH AND LEARN EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN! Then you can see how misguided your posting is, and you can join the elite “I don’t care anymore” segment of wvsw.

What a delightful straw man rant.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

SixVoltCar.5248

All this salt by people who don’t realize that when the meta changes dramatically (as it is apt to do in wvw), you basically salvage a set of gear (because who buys a bank tab every patch) and make a new one. It’s less about the 5% difference between exotic and ascended (though that difference can be substantial because we’re talking big-team games), and much more about the cost of keeping gear up to date, and the IMMENSE cost of meeting the current meta due to the maguuma 4-stat gear.

I’m asking for gear in wvw to operate similarly (though not exactly) like that of spvp. Both because I like to change characters so I don’t get bored, and I’m tired of protracted rants by fight guilds about how someone doesn’t have the right to take up a slot in WVW because they’re not ascended and infused and meta— which they currently have a point about in T1 at reset.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: MUDse.7623

MUDse.7623

I’m asking for gear in wvw to operate similarly (though not exactly) like that of spvp. Both because I like to change characters so I don’t get bored

i also change my characters/builds alot and i spent like 80% of the gold i get for changing armor stats. but i wouldnt want a system like in spvp as i like to mix my armor types for instance on my thief i think full marauder is too defensive and not dealing enough damage while going full berserk is a bit too squishy

I’m tired of protracted rants by fight guilds about how someone doesn’t have the right to take up a slot in WVW because they’re not ascended and infused and meta— which they currently have a point about in T1 at reset.

how do they know what gear you have ? i only got told not to join the map on reset cause i was on my thief and that commander didnt want thieves (i wouldnt have joined his blob anyway)- so i joined another map and listened to him wiping again and again

10k hours n still a noob

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

All this salt by people who don’t realize that when the meta changes dramatically (as it is apt to do in wvw), you basically salvage a set of gear (because who buys a bank tab every patch) and make a new one. It’s less about the 5% difference between exotic and ascended (though that difference can be substantial because we’re talking big-team games), and much more about the cost of keeping gear up to date, and the IMMENSE cost of meeting the current meta due to the maguuma 4-stat gear.

I’m asking for gear in wvw to operate similarly (though not exactly) like that of spvp. Both because I like to change characters so I don’t get bored, and I’m tired of protracted rants by fight guilds about how someone doesn’t have the right to take up a slot in WVW because they’re not ascended and infused and meta— which they currently have a point about in T1 at reset.

It’s more about some players not wanting to put in any effort to the acquire gear, but want everyone else to be brought down to their level so they don’t feel bad.

Most people that play WvW and have obtained Ascended or multiple sets of Ascended don’t mind the cost, especially when they are able to stat swap quite easily at a discounted rate vs remaking the gear over again.

Players that put in effort to get better gear and better mix of gear shouldn’t have that taken away or penalized for it all because someone doesn’t want to put in that effort as well.

If you want standardized stats/gear guess what Anet already accommodated you, it’s called sPvP.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

OriOri.8724

It’s more about some players not wanting to put in any effort to the acquire gear, but want everyone else to be brought down to their level so they don’t feel bad.

Most people that play WvW and have obtained Ascended or multiple sets of Ascended don’t mind the cost, especially when they are able to stat swap quite easily at a discounted rate vs remaking the gear over again.

Players that put in effort to get better gear and better mix of gear shouldn’t have that taken away or penalized for it all because someone doesn’t want to put in that effort as well.

If you want standardized stats/gear guess what Anet already accommodated you, it’s called sPvP.

He clearly wants to play WvW. Telling him, repeatedly, to go play PvP does nothing but try to drag this thread off topic.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Sorry, but the gearing system for wvw isn’t going to change. The devs might add ascended vendors to wvw, but that’s it.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

He clearly wants to play WvW. Telling him, repeatedly, to go play PvP does nothing but try to drag this thread off topic.

No not trying to derail it, he wants standardized gear in a pvp setting well they have Gamemode that’s sole purpose is just that, now from what I can gather the people wanting standardized stats in WvW aren’t willing to put in the effort to acquire the gear or stats that they want and instead want everyone dragged down to them and to negate the effort others have put in to have those gear and stats.

So again if he wants to be on a completely level playing field Anet has accommodated that through sPvP, again WvW was never designed with that in mind and was never the purpose of WvW to be completely standardized and sterilized of customization.

So again if people want to be as competitive as they say they do, then they need to put in the effort.

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

It is different sizes and different builds. That doesn’t change the fact that some stat combinations were deemed to be too powerful for a competitive setting, which is why they were removed from PvP. Since they are too powerful for a competitive setting, they should also be removed from WvW, since its also a competitive setting.

And really, you can be competitive in exotics in WvW. The difference between full ascended and full exotics isn’t that large (especially if you have ascended trinkets and/or an ascended weapon), certainly not large enough to make you lose if you are more skilled than the opponent.

I agree 100%. I’ve played 3yrs in wvw and have never felt the need to make even ascended armor because I feel at a disadvantage. I do have ascended trinks because of ring drops in wvw, and a couple hrs of winterberry farming gets a full set. To me that’s worth the 5% in stats or to get HoT stat combos. Yeah, Legendary armor would be nice to be able to change stats easily, but it wouldn’t be OP or anything.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

pvers need an edge to remain competitive. smart plays and dodging will see you thru more then a minor stat difference.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Request for fair gearing

in WvW

OriOri.8724

No not trying to derail it, he wants standardized gear in a pvp setting well they have Gamemode that’s sole purpose is just that, now from what I can gather the people wanting standardized stats in WvW aren’t willing to put in the effort to acquire the gear or stats that they want and instead want everyone dragged down to them and to negate the effort others have put in to have those gear and stats.

So again if he wants to be on a completely level playing field Anet has accommodated that through sPvP, again WvW was never designed with that in mind and was never the purpose of WvW to be completely standardized and sterilized of customization.

So again if people want to be as competitive as they say they do, then they need to put in the effort.

Eh. I don’t mind that equipment stats aren’t normalized in WvW personally, even though I understand why it would bother some people. But I don’t think telling him to “just play PvP” is an answer either, since PvP is not WvW. Its fights are much more limited in scope, the builds are different than WvvW roaming builds since they focus on being able to capture and hold a point, and there’s no siege or NPC guards to deal with as well. They just aren’t all that similar.