Request more communications [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Willkilliam.5012

Willkilliam.5012

WvW you may like it you may not but who cares if you do or not. This post is merely to bring attention to the situation under going a “neglected” portion of the player base. WvW to me is the main reason I play GW2, the combat system is nice and fun and it emodies the Games name “Guild Wars” a place were Guild actually fight. So what about WvW? Well this game is going into its fifth year soon (congrats Anet), and PVE content has dramatically expanded in so many ways that made the game much more fun. WvW on the other hand has been left in the Dust. Yes there was a new map (Desert Borderland which is everyone’s least favorite) Yes we get the benefits of the new Elite Specs, but that is it(yes bug patches and tweaks to the Shrines but nothing Major) Where is the new content? If you ever play any competitive game then you know how important it is for there to be something new in the mix to shake up the player bases skills and knowledge. The only thing for WvW we have to learn is that we cant break certain walls anymore in the game because “PHYSICS” and new Build Metas (Separation of WvW Meta should be different from PVE). Don’t bring up PvP because pvp is a failed mess(its fun but its not good enough for esports Sorry.) For my main and Final point. What is the WvW player base doing right now, we are currently holding on too whatever morality we have left to play (There is a good number of Guild that don’t play the PVE content which is ok). I know Guild that have disbanded because they don’t find it fun to do the same thing in the same ways 4 years straight. I have seen players leave and Guilds leave to other Games that offer a similar experience (ESO, has a system like WvW that is very fun btw). Soon enough the player base will die out in WvW. What can be done to help? Talk with us more, we want to hear from the WvW team often (yes there is a negative view against Devs but its with reason) But if we get feedback and more communication from the team showing us a reason to stay thats all we need. But as of right now we have nothing to look forward too and most of us won’t wait in hopes the next expansion will bring something new.
TL -DR, Anet talk to WvW player base more before we leave

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

WvW does seem a bit more quieter lately. Could be the matchup I’m currently in that isn’t very fun at all, but seems a bit lower on the numbers.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: cobbah.3102

cobbah.3102

Yes fully agree with the latest episode even more trash in Gem Store and WvW left lamenting never any acknowledgement that they are even reading the true concerns apart from the gripes, has been a lot of good suggestions lately and nada response it is apparent they do not care about the WvW ,any new content would be good .

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

WvW does seem a bit more quieter lately. Could be the matchup I’m currently in that isn’t very fun at all, but seems a bit lower on the numbers.

Anecdotally my impresssion is that the player base is declining every day.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

WvW you may like it you may not but who cares if you do or not. This post is merely to bring attention to the situation under going a “neglected” portion of the player base. WvW to me is the main reason I play GW2, the combat system is nice and fun and it emodies the Games name “Guild Wars” a place were Guild actually fight. So what about WvW? Well this game is going into its fifth year soon (congrats Anet), and PVE content has dramatically expanded in so many ways that made the game much more fun.

WvW on the other hand has been left in the Dust. Yes there was a new map (Desert Borderland which is everyone’s least favorite) Yes we get the benefits of the new Elite Specs, but that is it(yes bug patches and tweaks to the Shrines but nothing Major) Where is the new content? If you ever play any competitive game then you know how important it is for there to be something new in the mix to shake up the player bases skills and knowledge.

The only thing for WvW we have to learn is that we cant break certain walls anymore in the game because “PHYSICS” and new Build Metas (Separation of WvW Meta should be different from PVE). Don’t bring up PvP because pvp is a failed mess(its fun but its not good enough for esports Sorry.) For my main and Final point. What is the WvW player base doing right now, we are currently holding on too whatever morality we have left to play (There is a good number of Guild that don’t play the PVE content which is ok).

I know Guild that have disbanded because they don’t find it fun to do the same thing in the same ways 4 years straight. I have seen players leave and Guilds leave to other Games that offer a similar experience (ESO, has a system like WvW that is very fun btw). Soon enough the player base will die out in WvW. What can be done to help? Talk with us more, we want to hear from the WvW team often (yes there is a negative view against Devs but its with reason)

But if we get feedback and more communication from the team showing us a reason to stay thats all we need. But as of right now we have nothing to look forward too and most of us won’t wait in hopes the next expansion will bring something new.

Wall of text are hard to read dude.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Insight.1683

Insight.1683

They already released legendary armor for pve content and wvw didn’t even get ascended. So bad

[WP][TW] – Arguns

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Most players already have left. I only log in occasionally to do dailies. I’ve just been playing BDO and Blade and Soul and occasionally check in here on the forums to see if they’ve un-effed up WvW yet. Funny thing that BDO has more support for guilds than a game called Guild Wars does. There’s actual guild wars and arenas where you can fight, and you can challenge people to duel anywhere outside of town. I decided to give it a try since its cheap to buy it now anyway and its been alot more fun that i’ve been having in wvw ever since anet decided to focus on pve and ignore us anyway.

I’d advise some of you to give it a try. Despite what some people say, its not the least bit pay to win, you’d be a fool to try and pay2win your way through it. They limit how much you can sell from the cash shop per week. and it would take you months of selling and thousands of dollars to get where a player who just grinds would be, and you’d still be behind everyone that knows how to make silver in game. Its a huge grind, but its worth it once you get geared up and can do pvp.

We just have to accept that anet doesnt give 2 craps about wvw or its players and if you want to play something that supports guilds and competitive pvp, you have to find a different game. I’ll keep checking back occasionally hoping they prove me wrong, but until then, I’m just going to play other games instead and actually have fun rather than frustrate myself with anet’s utter incompetence and neglect towards wvw. I’d advise you all to do the same.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

In a boring condition loving match right now, thought I’d give pvp a try. That game mode is just as worse. I can see why people find both wvw and pvp boring/frustrating. Both game modes just are not fun.

I think its more than wvw they don’t give a crap about Nikki, the entire game is getting really awful.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

In a boring condition loving match right now, thought I’d give pvp a try. That game mode is just as worse. I can see why people find both wvw and pvp boring/frustrating. Both game modes just are not fun.

I think its more than wvw they don’t give a crap about Nikki, the entire game is getting really awful.

PvP has lost all the internal champions who gave a crap about it. WvW seemingly never had such champions after release maybe with the exception of Tyler Bearce. Both modes now have devs on them who don’t care one whit.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

Well, Anet never cared about the mode. And their neglect of it has made players stop caring as well. WvW and PvP will both be completely dead very soon and all that will be left is pve. When that happens, I think Anet will then realize where the majority of their income came from. It certainly wasn’t from pvers who can farm mindless repetitive content all day long and make hundreds of gold per hour and just convert gold into gems for anything they want. The wvw players that don’t have time for, or despise pve, but still need gold for basic things like armor and food are the ones who have been dropping serious cash on this game. Not to mention all the server transfers some people do as often as changing their underwear.

I for one won’t support anet any further with a single dime since all they care about is pve. When all the serious wvw players finally leave, they’re going to see a huge dip in profits, then maybe they’ll realize they stupidly focused on the wrong mode in this game. Alot of people, most of the people i have on my friends list in fact, bought this game solely for wvw. My friend list is pretty much always empty because everyone has moved onto other games that actually care about their competitive community.

We’ve seen what anet thinks about wvw players from that dev who claimed we “violated his game mode”. And the fact pve and pvp have legendary backs and ascended vendors. And wvw, which is the mode that benefits most from both of those, still doesnt have it. This mode has just been on life support ever since the stab changes and has been slowly dying after all the serious gvg players left. The only way they can save it is to revert all changes since the stab changes for wvw only, finally separate wvw balance from pve, then add a legendary back and armor, and an ascended vendor.

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

You should seriously give BDO a try. its 10 bucks now so what have you got to lose? I’m actually in a guild in that game composed mostly of former GW2 wvw players. There’s actually alot of former GW2 players in that game. there’s another guild of them we see occasionally that came from gw2 who named themselves “The Condi Meta” just to mock the state of wvw here.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

GW2 is a PvE game and it’s best days are behind it. There is no reason to expect a paradigm shift at almost five years in so I don’t know why people are punishing themselves by continuing to plead and hold out hope. It’s like expecting a wife beater to change.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

As I’ve heard, there is apparently nothing currently in the works for WvW nor planned for the next XPAC. Of course that isn’t necessarily true but I wouldn’t rule it out either, at least with the history of how WvW has been treated.

What concerns me is that by the time WvW does get some attention, it may not be until the 3rd XPAC. At which point the community will have probably died down to 3 active servers with the rest being as dead as dead can be. Meaning 10 – 15 players tops on each side at any given hour.

Threads about WvW dying have been around since it’s inception. I’ve been around since shortly after GW2’s release and it hasn’t been up until the past couple months that I’ve felt it truly dying. Activity is noticably lower. I don’t know what could be done to draw people back but we are at the brink of it’s extinction as far as I’m concerned. I apologize for being over dramatic but I don’t feel it’s untrue.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I did not realize this but

Interesting to note that according to the reddit AMA Tyler Bearce is now on the Living World team. The best WvW dev gets moved off WvW to the xpac and now to living world leaving WvW development to languish.

About dam killed me inside for wvw (i have a feeling this is old news) but is there any thing left anet can take away from wvw?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Sad but true. With each week that passes with no up date for wvw either by communication or in game, several more people log out never to return…
WvW is really dying and at an alarming rate.
If I didn’t have an alt on another server where I can pick and choose to play where there might be good fights happening…I wouldn’t be logging in either.
Not even sure I can be bothered with the pve story update that came out today.
Not played it yet, I’m sure it will be another bunch of stuff to run through once and never bother with again.
At least wvw offers some unpredictability through fights if people log in to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I don’t know what people want re: WvW changes besides removing DBL. New Crap (siege, upgrades, traits, scoring) doesn’t matter at all to me or most people I know in WvW.

It’s all about game balance being fun. The expansion might do that, but who knows at this point. Balance and meta being enjoyable is far and away what would bolster the population, not New Crap.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

They stated in the AMA that they’ll release the WvW stuff when it’s ready and that they’re working on several things. Some are far along and some are fairly new.

In other words, they’re doing that thing again where they try and do huge things without giving us any clues or anything for months(years?) at a time. You know, that thing they said they weren’t going to do anymore after HoT. If anyone has a link to that red post (on reddit, of course) where they said they were going to do smaller things more often instead of big things once in a blue moon, I would love to have it.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

They stated in the AMA that they’ll release the WvW stuff when it’s ready and that they’re working on several things. Some are far along and some are fairly new.

In other words, they’re doing that thing again where they try and do huge things without giving us any clues or anything for months(years?) at a time. You know, that thing they said they weren’t going to do anymore after HoT. If anyone has a link to that red post (on reddit, of course) where they said they were going to do smaller things more often instead of big things once in a blue moon, I would love to have it.

In the AMA they essentially said nothing more than whats been stated on here. The AMA is worthless just a fluff marketing exercise. It does seem like WvW development is entirely separate from the xpac though which means that I really really doubt that the major changes required are coming at all.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

This game will loose more people everyday if ANET do not respond to peoples request about WVW ,IF PVE players is more important to them then i am ready to delete this account even tho i spend thousand of real money on this game , question to all wvw players “ARE YOU READY FOR A NEW FRESH MMO”

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

WvW you may like it you may not but who cares if you do or not. This post is merely to bring attention to the situation under going a “neglected” portion of the player base. WvW to me is the main reason I play GW2, the combat system is nice and fun and it emodies the Games name “Guild Wars” a place were Guild actually fight. So what about WvW? Well this game is going into its fifth year soon (congrats Anet), and PVE content has dramatically expanded in so many ways that made the game much more fun. WvW on the other hand has been left in the Dust. Yes there was a new map (Desert Borderland which is everyone’s least favorite) Yes we get the benefits of the new Elite Specs, but that is it(yes bug patches and tweaks to the Shrines but nothing Major) Where is the new content? If you ever play any competitive game then you know how important it is for there to be something new in the mix to shake up the player bases skills and knowledge. The only thing for WvW we have to learn is that we cant break certain walls anymore in the game because “PHYSICS” and new Build Metas (Separation of WvW Meta should be different from PVE). Don’t bring up PvP because pvp is a failed mess(its fun but its not good enough for esports Sorry.) For my main and Final point. What is the WvW player base doing right now, we are currently holding on too whatever morality we have left to play (There is a good number of Guild that don’t play the PVE content which is ok). I know Guild that have disbanded because they don’t find it fun to do the same thing in the same ways 4 years straight. I have seen players leave and Guilds leave to other Games that offer a similar experience (ESO, has a system like WvW that is very fun btw). Soon enough the player base will die out in WvW. What can be done to help? Talk with us more, we want to hear from the WvW team often (yes there is a negative view against Devs but its with reason) But if we get feedback and more communication from the team showing us a reason to stay thats all we need. But as of right now we have nothing to look forward too and most of us won’t wait in hopes the next expansion will bring something new.

Powers that be, won’t listen.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

You should seriously give BDO a try. its 10 bucks now so what have you got to lose? I’m actually in a guild in that game composed mostly of former GW2 wvw players. There’s actually alot of former GW2 players in that game. there’s another guild of them we see occasionally that came from gw2 who named themselves “The Condi Meta” just to mock the state of wvw here.

Actually a few friends at work are mentioning they converged to BDO and are liking it. I’ll give that one a shot, thanks

in WvW

Jski.6180

Actually a few friends at work are mentioning they converged to BDO and are liking it. I’ll give that one a shot, thanks

Uggg if it was not the grind in that game for its pvp… but then agen now with legendary armor being raids only gw2 not so far off these days.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

This game will loose more people everyday if ANET do not respond to peoples request about WVW ,IF PVE players is more important to them then i am ready to delete this account even tho i spend thousand of real money on this game , question to all wvw players “ARE YOU READY FOR A NEW FRESH MMO”

Already made a pledge to 2 kickstarts, ashes of creation and SC, meanwhile im playing BDO it will be my casual mmo, and naval warfare is funny, clunky but funny^^.

it will be just a matter of time, WvW has no structure nor gameplay it just a place to ktrain and stack for rewards nothing more….

btw u WvW guys should check ashes of creation

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: ColdHuh.6785

ColdHuh.6785

Its funny how Anet doesnt realise that such things escalate very quickly.. Wvw players are leaving, so what casual wvw like me do? I join one of the maps, roam but takes too much time to meet anybody, very often no tags so I cant really zerg. After 1-2 minutes trying to figure out why I am still making circles in this empty area I just alt+f4. Few days like this and I start wonder why i even play “wooorld versus woooorld” when there are few people most of the time. When more people leave, you have less opponents to fight. The most important “content” in wvw are players, if you lose them, you lose everything and right now i think that the avalanche of leaving players is too big to be stopped.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Already made a pledge to 2 kickstarts, ashes of creation and SC, meanwhile im playing BDO it will be my casual mmo, and naval warfare is funny, clunky but funny^^.

it will be just a matter of time, WvW has no structure nor gameplay it just a place to ktrain and stack for rewards nothing more….

The head guy of that Ashes of creation mmo seems genuine and ya know….has a clear vision and interesting goals.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Meh looks interesting I guess, but it’s like still pre alpha and still taking kickstarter funds, their pre alpha vids are already looking good though. Also the guy creating it was a guild leader in Archeage, so I would expect a lot of open world pvping, with a few former SoE employees there too, but not sure if that’s a good thing.

One thing to give them though, they already have capes working…

As for wvw, ESO is probably the closest thing to run to these days, their wvw map is kitten ginormous, so traveling can be a bit of a pain. No commander tags either so you have to find groups to join for bigger action.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Its funny how Anet doesnt realise that such things escalate very quickly.. Wvw players are leaving, so what casual wvw like me do? I join one of the maps, roam but takes too much time to meet anybody, very often no tags so I cant really zerg. After 1-2 minutes trying to figure out why I am still making circles in this empty area I just alt+f4. Few days like this and I start wonder why i even play “wooorld versus woooorld” when there are few people most of the time. When more people leave, you have less opponents to fight. The most important “content” in wvw are players, if you lose them, you lose everything and right now i think that the avalanche of leaving players is too big to be stopped.

Find and join a guild.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

guilds in this game are useless, they are just chat rooms, where players can grind to fill abig map with kewl artwork.

@Chaba.5410
i would advice to search for players that work with comms than actually a guild on this game

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

i was running around solo monday evening T2 and flipped 3 camps in 3 diff corners of the alpine borderlands and didnt come across a single enemy player. (NA Eastern time zone)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

i was running around solo monday evening T2 and flipped 3 camps in 3 diff corners of the alpine borderlands and didnt come across a single enemy player. (NA Eastern time zone)

I’ve been 1v30ing BG all morning on CD….hasn’t worked out well so far.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

The problem with doing anything is that it will upset a large portion of the wvw playerbase. The last time they did something big (Desert Borderlands) it killed off many wvw players. And if they did start listening to our ideas, who would they listen to? The roamers who want to punish all zerg play? The players who want condi removed? The K trainers who play for loot?
It seems the safest course of action for Anet is to do nothing.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

WvW is dying, panic, paaaaaaaaaaaaanic!!!!

Or it could be fact its mid week, one server has probably won already and Living Story releases drop the WvW population by 50%+ for like a week.

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

The problem with doing anything is that it will upset a large portion of the wvw playerbase. The last time they did something big (Desert Borderlands) it killed off many wvw players. And if they did start listening to our ideas, who would they listen to? The roamers who want to punish all zerg play? The players who want condi removed? The K trainers who play for loot?

How about they actually play the game itself, maybe it’ll give them some idea and form their own opinion? Just maybe?

How about they play and learn themselves in game to see what effects to the players their respective changes had, instead of lurking in forum wondering forever who the vocal minority/majority/whatever nonsense are

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

How about they actually play the game itself, maybe it’ll give them some idea and form their own opinion? Just maybe?

How about they play and learn themselves in game to see what effects to the players their respective changes had, instead of lurking in forum wondering forever who the vocal minority/majority/whatever nonsense are

how about maybe they believe theres skill in pvd empty structures???

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Most players already have left. I only log in occasionally to do dailies. I’ve just been playing BDO and Blade and Soul and occasionally check in here on the forums to see if they’ve un-effed up WvW yet. Funny thing that BDO has more support for guilds than a game called Guild Wars does. There’s actual guild wars and arenas where you can fight, and you can challenge people to duel anywhere outside of town. I decided to give it a try since its cheap to buy it now anyway and its been alot more fun that i’ve been having in wvw ever since anet decided to focus on pve and ignore us anyway.

I’d advise some of you to give it a try. Despite what some people say, its not the least bit pay to win, you’d be a fool to try and pay2win your way through it. They limit how much you can sell from the cash shop per week. and it would take you months of selling and thousands of dollars to get where a player who just grinds would be, and you’d still be behind everyone that knows how to make silver in game. Its a huge grind, but its worth it once you get geared up and can do pvp.

We just have to accept that anet doesnt give 2 craps about wvw or its players and if you want to play something that supports guilds and competitive pvp, you have to find a different game. I’ll keep checking back occasionally hoping they prove me wrong, but until then, I’m just going to play other games instead and actually have fun rather than frustrate myself with anet’s utter incompetence and neglect towards wvw. I’d advise you all to do the same.

Yes GW2 should be more like BDO because that game didn’t frustrate me at all and killing sausans was so much fun.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I’ve had many indecisive supervisors like that in my career, they typically end up getting fired.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

lol
you caught me
I’m so guilty of nefarious planning
better lock me up
/thread

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

morrolan.9608

The head guy of that Ashes of creation mmo seems genuine and ya know….has a clear vision and interesting goals.

You mean the guy who made his money from pyramid schemes? Yeah really trustworthy.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

Uggg if it was not the grind in that game for its pvp… but then agen now with legendary armor being raids only gw2 not so far off these days.

You could probably get full TET gear in less time, doing less boring pve than it would take to get legendary armor, then have actual guild wars in a game that supports guilds and actually fixes crap that’s broken unike anet (condi mes being brokenly overpowered for the past 4 years and they still keep freaking buffing it with every patch for the sake of pve.)

in WvW

Jski.6180

You could probably get full TET gear in less time, doing less boring pve than it would take to get legendary armor, then have actual guild wars in a game that supports guilds and actually fixes crap that’s broken unike anet (condi mes being brokenly overpowered for the past 4 years and they still keep freaking buffing it with every patch for the sake of pve.)

And i chose the witch of all classes and its one of the worst in 1v1 lol just like ele.

Any way this just seem different this time like wvw realty has been broken as a game type yes you still get some raids and fights but over all they are very off putting in how condi heavy they are with the on and off switch of resistances they tend to be well kind of boring now. The pop. just not there for new ideals and the balancing dose not seem to be for any thing but raids now. I cant see wvw going any where other then the raids forces it to go. Why a group of 10 ppl have effectively taken over a game of i hope 100 ish devs is beyond me and how / why Anet stock holders are not realty seeing there drops in price. Anet has lost it as a game maker (maker is a bit strong as they only made 2 games so game curator is better).

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

And i chose the witch of all classes and its one of the worst in 1v1 lol just like ele.

Any way this just seem different this time like wvw realty has been broken as a game type yes you still get some raids and fights but over all they are very off putting in how condi heavy they are with the on and off switch of resistances they tend to be well kind of boring now. The pop. just not there for new ideals and the balancing dose not seem to be for any thing but raids now. I cant see wvw going any where other then the raids forces it to go. Why a group of 10 ppl have effectively taken over a game of i hope 100 ish devs is beyond me and how / why Anet stock holders are not realty seeing there drops in price. Anet has lost it as a game maker (maker is a bit strong as they only made 2 games so game curator is better).

I main witch too. Theyre terrible in 1 vs 1 pre awakening, but once you get your aad sphera that all changes. It becomes like a better version of d/d ele with better range and PBAoEs and you also get an elemental pet that doesnt suck like the one in gw2 does. The awakening is actually pretty good in duels. Warriors and musas can crap all over you though because of their ability to stick to targets, but you can outplay them and still win. Rangers are pretty scary too since they can kite you and fill you with arrows and their awakening is insanely fast and has alot of cc if they get in your face.

I think Anet will realize after they lose enough money that wvw players are fed up then will probably finally start prioritizing wvw over pve. They balance the game around the 1% that do raids while kittening off and alienating their most paying customers. They have terrible business sense. I think by the time they learn, it will be too late and people wont care enough to come back. most people have found other games they have more fun in already. I only come back to check forums occasionally to see if they’ve nerfed condis yet or separated wvw from pve. I have no reason to play until they do that aside from logging in just to say hi to friends, trying to convince them to come play other games with me, then logging out again and playing something else.

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

I still really enjoy the game mode. I wish there were some new changes but there will always be a meta and some people won’t like it no matter what. Some people won’t like a new map no matter what. Some won’t be happy no matter how often Anet puts out messages. People are going to be unhappy no matter what. The game is getting older and older so the flare of many wvwer’s will die out, but it’s not totally due to lack of changes.

That is a terrible block of text op. Reads like a river of tears too.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I still really enjoy the game mode. I wish there were some new changes but there will always be a meta and some people won’t like it no matter what. Some people won’t like a new map no matter what. Some won’t be happy no matter how often Anet puts out messages. People are going to be unhappy no matter what. The game is getting older and older so the flare of many wvwer’s will die out, but it’s not totally due to lack of changes.

Truth is either ignored, dismissed or acknowledged.

People are leaving WvW and the game… Anyone with a contact list over two years old knows this.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Truth is either ignored, dismissed or acknowledged.

People are leaving WvW and the game… Anyone with a contact list over two years old knows this.

That’s how every single game ever made goes.

in WvW

Posted by: Dukotje.4382

Dukotje.4382

What concerns me the most is the fact that they don’t listen at all. Yes there has been a little period where Anet would ask the majority of wvw players oppinion, listening to the wrong side and ask the ppt players what they’d like to see, instead of the fighting side of things…

And yet after that there hasn’t been a single poll… with the most recent balance patch there has been an significant mold to the wvw scene… the stealth trapper condi thief… for weeks the wvw community was begging anet to fix the problem… not a single reply or response that anet was working on a way to fix the addressed issue…

And yet, the MINUTE word got out that he was killing slothasor SOLO… instant fix…

I am wondering why… arena net has a team working on wvw related releases, but are they working like Slothasor? every 20 lines of coding they fall a sleep? what is happening to wvw isn’t something new…. and yet they STILL aren’t able to resolve long lasting issues… their only response is: “THIS YEAR”

in WvW

Posted by: Stace.1357

Stace.1357

Linking the servers in the manner it’s been done could be the last nail in the coffin for WvW for a lot of people When they stop listening to what players are saying, it’s doomed, without players the game is nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Sorry for my last post, wasn’t thinking before typing.

Alright, so, and this is just me and my thoughts, WvW is about PvP on a larger scale, capturing objectives, defending your lands and its structures from invaders, and ensuring this by eliminating any threats along the way, such as enemy players. Does WvW need a source to get Legendary Armor to do these things? I wouldn’t say so, being able to swap stats, is what attracts most to getting it, but beyond added pretty pixels, LArmor, is not required to do this. Just like Ascended armor is not required outside of high-tier fractals.

What it boils down to is flexibility, both sides WvW/PvE are deserving of this, and LArmor provides just that, do I feel LArmor being tied to only PvE content(Raids) as fair? No, but it doesn’t make it impossible for people who aren’t used to the content or abhor it like the plague.

If you want it, you will work for it, whatever it takes, getting out of ones comfort zone is the hard part of this, and tying it to one source doesn’t automatically say, “Anet is ignoring us, PANIC!!!”

Have a good day.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

WvW is dying, panic, paaaaaaaaaaaaanic!!!!

Or it could be fact its mid week, one server has probably won already and Living Story releases drop the WvW population by 50%+ for like a week.

I didnt say it was dying, i was making an observation. Also if you read my post it was MONDAY evening not midweek.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

“Planning to leave…”

Erm, you are a bit late given most WvW players have already left / barely play anymore and T1/T2 matchups (on EU at least) have about the same level of activity that low to mid tier silver league servers had (and that is comparing 5 or 6 linked servers to just 3).

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I certainly have noticed the lack of numbers as of late, be that because of the current state of WvW or certain guilds falling apart, who knows, I just know some real attention needs to be shown towards people who prefer WvW over anything else, or the last nail will be driven into the WvW coffin, and you’ll see no one out there.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix