Reset WvW

Reset WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Not trying to be a downer or a troll. But maybe the best thing for WvW is to push the reset button. I do not claim to know how to fix WvW, and I wish there were a easier way,! It just seems that every Anet implements or tries to introduce something new things just seem to get worse.

And I am sure there are those who love the new changes. But WvW is just not fun anymore! There use to be epic battles and both sides had a blast. Now it is just a Blob vs Blob and whomever can pew pew spam Condi will win.

So in all seriousness Anet. Can we please just hit the reset button and start over? Even if that means WvW is closed for a bit. I know this may sound harsh, and some may view it as negative. I love WvW and just want the good ole times back!

Peace

Reset WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

GO PvP !

winnie@BlackGate

Reset WvW

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Why do people have this belief that resetting something, rather then trying to fix it would solve anything? The good ole times, which I also remember, are long gone. Either adapt or you are not going to have fun. Anet has done many good things for wvw over the last several months, I dont like all of it, but considering the years of neglect that preceded it, heck its amazing. They cant force people to play wvw.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

Reset WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

GO PvP !

PvP went to kitten about 2 years ago and gets worse every time they re-balance.

I would love to see a reset if they rolled it back to pre HoT, pre stability change.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Reset WvW

in WvW

Mylerian.9176

Why do people have this belief that resetting something, rather then trying to fix it would solve anything? The good ole times, which I also remember, are long gone. Either adapt or you are not going to have fun. Anet has done many good things for wvw over the last several months, I dont like all of it, but considering the years of neglect that preceded it, heck its amazing. They cant force people to play wvw.

Drugs are bad MMkay! Obviously you do not understand WvW. But that’s OK. Go back to PvE land.

Reset WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Resetting WvW will not bring it back, but it will give Anet a much better shot at population balance, which is a core issue and complaint.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Reset WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

make new WvW server names or just 3 factions.

Reset WvW

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Just curious, what do you (OP) mean with “reset” in this case ?

• Full roll back to how everything was at launch ?
  • Before HoT ?
  • Before Stability change ?
  • Reset/Nuke servers ?
  • Something else ?

Curious, since people seem to read different things into this, and you where not very clear on this.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Reset WvW

in WvW

Posted by: LoL NooBs.5076

LoL NooBs.5076

I would love to see a reset if they rolled it back to pre HoT, pre stability change.

+1

According to my immature name I seem not a big loss for the community.

Reset WvW

in WvW

Mylerian.9176

Just curious, what do you (OP) mean with “reset” in this case ?

• Full roll back to how everything was at launch ?
  • Before HoT ?
  • Before Stability change ?
  • Reset/Nuke servers ?
  • Something else ?

Curious, since people seem to read different things into this, and you where not very clear on this.

Before HoT for sure. And def before the Stab changes. Servers should all be stand alone servers once more. Quadruple the transfer rates or increase rewards for being a loyalist to your server. I think that would be a decent start.

Reset WvW

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I’d probably be bored if we rolled back, what is it, 2.5 years now since the stab changes ? I’ve lost track. It would just get so stale if nothing ever changed, though I can understand some of the thoughts behind the idea.

Well more or less disable transfers, guess I can see that, but at current stage with f2p or even the old 10$ accounts, I don’t see that working. People would find a way to get where they wanted.

Any ideas on how to reward server loyalty ? I mean short of making items “Server Bound” which strikes me as a really stupid design for so many reasons. Actually, I was pondering the other day to actually have WXP server specific, but I bet people would just get really ticked :p

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Reset WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Just a guess but probably something along the line of, we’ve been asking for what? 4 years now for them to fix it in numerous ways to no avail. Reset is a more likely option, actually seeing a leprechaun riding a unicorn is more likely as well.

Reset WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Why reset? It doesn’t solve any foundation issues…nor does it add anything new to grow the player base. :S

I am a broken record at this point, but 1v1v1 for match up variety (an effort to avoid zero-sum matchups) doesn’t work for snowballing still happens. Not to mention current servers cannot even handle a three way…

The other big foundation issue is 24 hour persistence…or shortened as coverage problems. Populations get mismatched whereby empty maps get “ktrained” with impunity, or they’re empty for large chunks on the clock (e.g. wasted server time).

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

Reset WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Why reset? It doesn’t solve any foundation issues…nor does it add anything new to grow the player base. :S

I am a broken record at this point, but 1v1v1 for match up variety (an effort to avoid zero-sum matchups) doesn’t work for snowballing still happens. Not to mention current servers cannot even handle a three way…

The other big foundation issue is 24 hour persistence…or shortened as coverage problems. Populations get mismatched whereby empty maps get “ktrained” with impunity, or they’re empty for large chunks on the clock (e.g. wasted server time).

Indeed 24/7 with so many servers, while game is loosign players, and they wanted to increase th eservers numbers…. these guys dont even….know what they are doing.

change to the 2 way system we had in Factions…. like factions…~
Actually IMO, WvW tranformed to something like factions “guild housing” would be a nice change, altough it is to late and we stuck with this ktrain vs lower population servers model, and all they are able is to try to throw sand to players eyes .

A reset would not do a thing since the design issues are still there, servers need to end and WvW model needs a refresh in its conception, to something more simple to manage and easier to growth.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)