Reset glitched out skirmish scores

in WvW

Posted by: Skullkger.2804

Skullkger.2804

So let me get this straight you match FSP vs BB vs Kodash for one weekup which was really a boring matchup. Now after reset we see it’s FSP vs Piken vs Jade Sea. Everyone’s hyped for reset and the weekend in general. AND skirmish scores glitch out, anet reset them, thus reverting this week back to our old matchup…….
REALLY?
Another reset plz,,,,,,,
If not well guess another bored FSP week

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Yes please. It is absolutely unacceptable that #7 and #8 servers face the number 1 server twice in a row

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

Yeah… i quit this wvw week….

This has to be some joke or something…

in WvW

Posted by: Chimera.8263

Chimera.8263

Any chance you can roll that dice again wvw admins? It was already really long and boring week for FPS, Barug and Kodash and now that FPS was all hyped for good fights against Piken and Jade Sea you decided to re-roll matchup after 10 seconds? What the hell Arena.NET? You said yourselves that the only reason you linked FPS with 2 severs is was to make server that can stand against Jade Sea.

Please do another reset today and give us Piken and Jade Sea!

in WvW

Posted by: Dandilion.2537

Dandilion.2537

I thought they’d said we got linked with the other servers as we had to try to match the french server populations. We then get put with significantly lower tier servers for 2 weeks making people stop playing and defeating the purpose of the relinking as we’re not facing the french servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Dandilion.2537

Dandilion.2537

when I look at the leaderboards in the community tab on this site is says that we’re in tier 1 along with Piken and Jade sea

in WvW

Skullkger.2804

when I look at the leaderboards in the community tab on this site is says that we’re in tier 1 along with Piken and Jade sea

That’s becuz they scramble the matchup from initial reset, it’s not designed to take into account a rematch 10seconds later because skirmish scores didn’t reset.

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

There is a problem, possibly related to the new changes involved with scoring the match’s end by Victory Points instead of War Score.

We are investigating.

in WvW

Skullkger.2804

There is a problem, possibly related to the new changes involved with scoring the match’s end by Victory Points instead of War Score.

We are investigating.

Any chances that the supposed matchups will be reintroduced this week or are we sticking with the current format. Besides Thanks for the very fast reply !

in WvW

Posted by: Rayth.5342

Rayth.5342

We are investigating.

Thnx for the update.

Also, why don’t take a look into “World’s Bonuses”, which now resets on every skirmish, and we NEVER get more than (hopefully), 4 of them (Artisan, Energetic, Scavenger and if our server plays good, Robust).

The other 4 (Gatherer, Defender, Wisdom and Medic) are NEVER reached for the 2 hour limit of the skirmish.

Those should be updated with the new skirmish score system, I think…

Note: The pic is on 19min left from the current skirmish.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Barrett

Previous

Chris Barrett

Gameplay Programmer

Next

The root cause of the bug is still being investigated. Until this can be fixed, scoring the end of the week’s round has been changed back to using accumulated War Score, instead of the new Victory Points.

We’ll have a fix for this as soon as possible, and will look into what will be done with affected Glicko ratings and EU’s current matchups. Until then, one thing that’s known is that not ranking the end of a round by Victory Points prevents this bugged behavior where a round ends, then ends again 5 minutes later.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhonin.1687

Rhonin.1687

Gunnar’s thanks you for this week in particular, I mean this is what we wanted right?

in WvW

Posted by: orthoptera.8142

orthoptera.8142

This happened (2 resets in short order) on NA reset as well. Also changed opponents twice. :/

in WvW

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

Me looking at thes thread:

World Bonus is bugged? Who cares…
Victory Points are bugged? Who cares…
Another week of Fsp? Thats the real problem here …..

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

The root cause of the bug is still being investigated. Until this can be fixed, scoring the end of the week’s round has been changed back to using accumulated War Score, instead of the new Victory Points.

We’ll have a fix for this as soon as possible, and will look into what will be done with affected Glicko ratings and EU’s current matchups. Until then, one thing that’s known is that not ranking the end of a round by Victory Points prevents this bugged behavior where a round ends, then ends again 5 minutes later.

And you expect us to basically do nothing in wvw for another week because we get outblobed the moment we move our kitten from the spawn ? Because of your kittenty tech it´s the third week kodash has such matchups, first against the vizunah 3 server world and now the second time against fsp. No word of resetting matchups again just investigating and looking into the issue, that´s not a solution ! Get professional, fix your game finally and reset the matchups.

in WvW

Posted by: TroLLu.7364

TroLLu.7364

We won last week really hard, we didn’t even want to try hard last week but we won. And next week we got punished because bug. Yes, that’s fair and we shouldn’t talk about this.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Until then, one thing that’s known is that not ranking the end of a round by Victory Points prevents this bugged behavior where a round ends, then ends again 5 minutes later.

… and we get double bonus bags. I wish I hadn’t said anything.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Skullkger.2804

Let’s keep this thread on the rails. I’ll explain myself further, this thread is not a matchup thread nor does it specify one single instance e.g. FSP vs BB vs Kodash. It’s meant for all the rematches for every server. Let’s keep this on the rails so Anet’s feedback on the bug can be posted here. Once again Thx Anet for the update on the problem keep it going!

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Let’s keep this thread on the rails.

Good meming there….

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Wow so anet knew there was a problem after EU reset but it wasn;t fixed by NA reset and they didn;t hold off NA reset. Simply inexcusable negligence.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

So let me get this straight you match FSP vs BB vs Kodash for one weekup which was really a boring matchup. Now after reset we see it’s FSP vs Piken vs Jade Sea. Everyone’s hyped for reset and the weekend in general. AND skirmish scores glitch out, anet reset them, thus reverting this week back to our old matchup…….
REALLY?
Another reset plz,,,,,,,

If you are so bored of the one sided fights why not move servers

in WvW

Posted by: MangoCrush.7819

MangoCrush.7819

REALLY?
Another reset plz,,,,,,,

And give Anet more money? GG

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: TroLLu.7364

TroLLu.7364

REALLY?
Another reset plz,,,,,,,

Because bandwagoning is a bad thing!

in WvW

Posted by: Garrus.7403

Garrus.7403

REALLY?
Another reset plz,,,,,,,

You know you can pay transfers with ingame gold right? Two days pve should be enough.

I Will Raiden
Why So Serious?

in WvW

Posted by: benny.1796

benny.1796

REALLY?
Another reset plz,,,,,,,

You know you can pay transfers with ingame gold right? Two days pve should be enough.

250g per day? Even if i were unemployed i doubt id hit this.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

WHOA WHOA WHOA…. you cannot just changed things around. You either tell us right now that this will be a War score week or a Victory point week. Not a “well, it may be one or the other come the end of the week.” If this is a War Score week, then it has to stay a War Score week until it’s over. Not having you change the rules around after the fact.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

After last night’s reset I a
m baffled. How did SoS go down when we came in second last week? I mean wtf are y’all smoking Anet? I think I may just go play ESO for a few weeks.

(edited by Mylerian.9176)

in WvW

Posted by: benny.1796

benny.1796

Next MU forecast: BB vs. FSP vs. Kodash due to another really REALLY unexcpected malfunction which cant be reverted and has to stay for a kitkat kitty-kitten full week.

(edited by benny.1796)

in WvW

mordran.4750

I predict Kodash vs Vizunah vs FSP, this way it will be a win win situation for Anet, They keep their promise to let the frenchies play against FSP and they can continue to kitten up a german server

in WvW

Previous

Chris Barrett

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Due to the double round ending throwing Glicko ratings significantly off from what they should have been, they’ve been restored to what they were after the end of the first of the two recent round endings; the two that were 5 minutes apart from one-another. This won’t be visible in the official leaderboards during this round. These values will be used when updating Glicko ratings when this current round ends.

The root cause of the bug was found. This shouldn’t happen again.

Edit: We’re back to using the new Victory Points for ranking the results of WvW matches.

in WvW

Posted by: mako.6493

mako.6493

Not quite sure what this means for the week. I get restoring and cancelling the 5 minute round glitch. However since i cant remember what all the server glickos were at the end of the original matchup lets say FA was 1 880.000. Is that glicko rating at the end of this mathchup gonna be 1 880.000 regardless what happens the next 3 days or so? Will the glickos fluctuate during the week as normal based on score or is it frozen until the next roll at reset?

in WvW

mordran.4750

I would be surprised if Anet would know what that means for ratings…

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

On the upside, hopefully the fixed scores means that FSP drops to rank 2 so we can finally meet ranks 3-5 or around there. Have fun meeting only rank 8-12 Piken since thats apparently what rank 1 is meant to meet.

If Piken meet anything better than rank 8 next week your system is broken Anet.

Edit: Wait wtf happened now? Suddenly FSP is rank 3 on MOS and on our way up to rank 1, lol! O.o

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Not quite sure what this means for the week. I get restoring and cancelling the 5 minute round glitch. However since i cant remember what all the server glickos were at the end of the original matchup lets say FA was 1 880.000. Is that glicko rating at the end of this mathchup gonna be 1 880.000 regardless what happens the next 3 days or so? Will the glickos fluctuate during the week as normal based on score or is it frozen until the next roll at reset?

I think it means that the rating at the end of this match-up will be +/- off the restored rating as normal. MOS has the original ratings if you look at the end rating of last week (week 36): http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/39

So for example, FA’s restored rating should be 1 878.785 even though the leaderboard shows 1 854.921. None of the usual prediction websites utilize this restored rating so it is difficult to tell what it will be at the end of this match (maybe Snowreap will adjust when he runs his probabilities).

I don’t know what it means for Yak’s Bend’s rating though. It isn’t clear if the restored rating will include the +150 adjustment.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Previous

Chris Barrett

Gameplay Programmer

At the moment the “real” (but not publicly visible) Glicko ratings are where they would have been had the second, extra round end not happened.

After this week’s round, Glicko ratings will be updated using those “real” values and this week’s Victory Points results as inputs. Ratings will be updated in that way before the new matchups are determined.