Reset time changed to 21:59 UTC

in WvW

Posted by: Cruzyo.7304

Cruzyo.7304

according to the german forum the reset time is now two hours earlier

translated:

Greetings fellow WvW Players,

In our continuous effort to improve the game in its whole, we decided to change the time where WvW-Matchups are reset. The current time is 02:00 CEST on Saturday, this is, especially for european players, that like to play at the begining of a matchup, a Problem. We have therefore decided to bring forward the time for the reset by two hours. In future the Matchup Reset happens at Midnight CEST on Saturday. We hope that this time is more comfortable for players from both, the NA and Europe. The change is going to be in effect already this week.

We wish you alot of fun and sucees for every new Matchup

in WvW

Posted by: ZStefanovic.2475

ZStefanovic.2475

sounds awesome!

Former [FURY] – Farming Orr since 1802
my stream: http://twitch.tv/Para_Streaming
All names start with Para

in WvW

Posted by: Palio de Monte.1807

Palio de Monte.1807

according to the german forum the reset time is now two hours earlier

D*mn, you were faster

Gliima – Asura Engineer
Anarchistic Gaming [AnaG] / Die Randoms [Rndm]
Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

Great! They finally heard us

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

in WvW

Posted by: forma.1964

forma.1964

It will be nice playing on reset at midnight!!!!

Trodo – Elementalist
Micropunto – Warrior
Baruch Bay [DsD]

(edited by forma.1964)

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

Is it german april april 1st verion or something xd? Hope not fingers crossed

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Earlier???

Well this is dumb, having more players be able to join the start of the match isn’t remotely as important as having more players join at the END of a match.

If this is true for NA servers as well, it basically means close matches will be won by daytimers while most players are still at work/school

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

2300 is slightly better then 0100, I guess ;p

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Earlier???

Well this is dumb, having more players be able to join the start of the match isn’t remotely as important as having more players join at the END of a match.

If this is true for NA servers as well, it basically means close matches will be won by daytimers while most players are still at work/school

The devs have stated that having reset at different times for eu and na is not possible. So they built a solution based on the lesser evil. Make it 2 hours earlier for na, from 5 down to 3 I believe? (small difference to na players) and make it 2 hours earlier for eu from 2 am back to midnight (massive difference to eu player) good decision Anet! Just shows there isn’t much na bias. For me personally it will mean getting up at 6 am for reset which isn’t ideal but I’m in the minority.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Earlier???

This.
They really need to just do separate times for the NA servers and the EU servers. Now they’ve kinda screwed NA players over. So now instead of 8PM (Eastern, 5PM Pacific), its gonna be 6PM (Eastern, and 3PM Pacific), which is about normal dinner time for most Easterners (I think), and during working hours for Pacific people, both time when most NA can’t play.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in WvW

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

Its not likely that the times will be seperated. I beleive anet have stated this isnt possible. As it stands 2 hours would hardly cause a huge problem to every na players … However for eu players this is the difference between 2am am midnight…. Its a step they will be entirely thankful for from my pov

Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

(edited by Screenager.7804)

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Its not likely that the times will be seperated. I beleive anet have stated this isnt possible. As it stands 2 hours would hardly cause a huge problem to every na players … However for eu players this is the difference between 2am am midnight…. Its a step they will be entirely thankful for :-)

I just don’t get why they can’t. They are completely different set of servers, which probably also means completely different databases, which means they should be able to split it.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

It’s not a bad compromise. Midnight during daylight savings time is fine, and 11pm in the winter too.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

So did they seperate the times? I don’t see any announcment about NA time change.

But if they did seperate it, why make it only 2 hours earlier for the Europeans? They coulda made it 6 hours earlier.

in WvW

Posted by: Blitz.3627

Blitz.3627

I just don’t get why they can’t. They are completely different set of servers, which probably also means completely different databases, which means they should be able to split it.

Since the Trading Post is global and both the NA and EU servers use the same sets of login and authentication servers, it is obvious that they are not completely different databases and therefore it should be easy to understand the issue.

in WvW

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

I really REALLY hope this is split times(which it ALWAYS should have been: euros on euro time, na on na time), because if it isn’t…well then I’m probably done with the game. It would mean 3pm reset time for us on the West Coast, which means I’m still at work, which means I wouldn’t get into q for probably 2-3hrs…after I get home which is 5pm…basically never then. Same goes for East Coast: this would switch at the time most are getting home from work/eating dinner…

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

It would mean 3pm reset time for us on the West Coast, which means I’m still at work, which means I wouldn’t get into q for probably 2-3hrs…after I get home which is 5pm…basically never then.

2-3 hours O_o

Just curious…what server are you on? This is (one of the reasons) why I left T1 / T2.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Do dailies reset at the new time now?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Since the Trading Post is global and both the NA and EU servers use the same sets of login and authentication servers, it is obvious that they are not completely different databases and therefore it should be easy to understand the issue.

How would the databases being separate or the same influence anything? Pure silliness.

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

A possible reason for this change is due to the fact that the largest group of players play in EU timezones, the same as it was in GW1. To have the reset so late for EU was causing problems, NA on the other hand it happened during primetime. The solution to make it fair and even for all was to bring it forward by a couple of hours. Most matchups are won well before the reset happens, with only probably 2 matchups a week currently going down to the wire. So this isn’t the end of the world, see how it goes, if it ends up not working out i’m sure Anet will review and change it accordingly(although as they have stated they can’t seperate the times, due to the global nature of the game).

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

This completely destroys reset for my NA guild, none of us will be online.

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

So now instead of 8PM (Eastern, 5PM Pacific), its gonna be 6PM (Eastern, and 3PM Pacific), which is about normal dinner time for most Easterners (I think), and during working hours for Pacific people, both time when most NA can’t play.

First world problems…

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Xirin.8593

A possible reason for this change is due to the fact that the largest group of players play in EU timezones, the same as it was in GW1.

I don’t disagree with the rest of your post, but do you have any actual evidence to support this specific statement? How do you know that there are more players in EU timezones?

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

There are no EU/NA matchups and guesting isn’t possible vice versa because character data only exists in one region.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

Count the servers, also look at the sales data from NA and from EU. It’s not difficult to see which timezone has the larger group of players.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Earlier???

At least for NA, I’m sure there isn’t any match that wasn’t already decided 2-3 days before the end of the week (except for the last match at T8). So having players at the end of it made little difference.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Xirin.8593

Count the servers, also look at the sales data from NA and from EU. It’s not difficult to see which timezone has the larger group of players.

There are 24 NA servers. There are 27 EU servers, 13 of which are language specific. Current player population counts cannot be inferred from that.

Also, I am not familiar with any comprehensive sales data being published by ANet. Could you please post the link to this?

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

Yay. So from 7pm it’s now 5pm for me, when I’m still on traffic anxious to get home and take a nap. I guess I will have so much fun waiting on LA for hours until the queue clears.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This was only announced on the GERMAN forums, guys. I’m not sure if this actually affects the NA servers or not. We need Devon’s clarification.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

At least for NA, I’m sure there isn’t any match that wasn’t already decided 2-3 days before the end of the week (except for the last match at T8). So having players at the end of it made little difference.

not surprised to hear this from an ET player, however plenty of tiers have had very close match.

Even if it’s not for first place, many matches have battles raging right up to the last tick.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

This was only announced on the GERMAN forums, guys. I’m not sure if this actually affects the NA servers or not. We need Devon’s clarification.

Sadly this doesn’t appear to be the case… “We hope that this time is more comfortable for players from both, the NA and Europe.”

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Kraken.7514

Kraken.7514

Really good news to EU.

2 am was a very bad time for reset, normally the most intense day in EU matchups.

5 pm and 3 pm surely are not so bad as you can actually play once you arrive at home. Its not comparable to 2 am if we are fair.

This also got announced on Spanish wvw official forums btw, not sure why its not on the english: https://forum-es.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Cambios-en-el-reinicio-de-los-contadores-de-McM

Kraken – Guardian / Pretty Meris – Engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGQJUaYDQD8

(edited by Kraken.7514)

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Changing-WvW-Match-Reset-Times

Feel free to move the discussion here. The WvW matchup is reset at the same time because of the way the system works. We can’t separate the reset time for EU and NA because of this.