Resing the lord in SM and keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Given the OP nature of various buffs one can get to SM and keeps, why are people able to hard res the lord as frequently as they do? Despite a group of 30 people throwing everything we could on the deceased lord, it still got resurrected.

How is that at all possible? How is nobody talking about it? Dead game? Nobody is playing and therefore nobody is complaining about it? It’s exhausting to try to have a guild return to the game if terrible decisions are still implemented. Either make the lord hard to kill and hard to res or easy to kill and easy to res. Simple as that. None of this “we’re going to beat the crap out of the lord for an hour just to un-waypoint SM” crap

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I don’t see how this should be surprising or a source of complaint at this point. Healing builds are op. Rez’ing downed players is OP…the same applies to npc naturally. The ability to return to ur place of death within 30 seconds or less is OP. Rally is OP. AoE is OP. Pairing all these things with the current combat meta….everything is still a basic “I have more players than their team does” fiasco. Gw2 logic: If they outnumber you and you aren’t proficient enough in combat to keep your zerg alive, then you won’t win regardless of how many enemies or npc you wipe. Gw2 WvW objective claiming: You have to do all that stuff I mentioned and hold a static position for a great deal of time.

The problem you described was an inability to hold the static position, in this case the lord’s location (from the point of attacking him to the point of killing him and capping), for a long enough period of time. You have failed to beat the game as it was designed, and thus you lose.

Those are the basics of this game mode, and they will never change. Thus you should find a server where you ‘can’ outnumber the thing you are attacking to allow you the option between tryhard and easy modes.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

im guessing you werent around when we used to be able to banner lords?

ah, those were the days, having a token warrior yolo leap into old garrison and drop a banner as your team rushed to garrison.

i miss those days.

they were the best fights.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I was here for lord bannering, but there are things that can be done to counter that. You can cc the warriors, etc. Warriors didn’t have an excessive amount of stealth. Lords didn’t take ages to kill.

That’s the complaint. Every 3 minutes, a group could stealth and come in to res the lord. It takes approximately 3 minutes to kill the lord again with the 50% damage reduction buff. So I guess the tl:dr is that the lord has been overbuffed in terms of its health/toughness and the accessibility of resurrection methods for that lord are too easy.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

im guessing you werent around when we used to be able to banner lords?

ah, those were the days, having a token warrior yolo leap into old garrison and drop a banner as your team rushed to garrison.

i miss those days.

they were the best fights.

+1
And WPs being open every 3 mins.