Resistance needs to go. (or be reworked)

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

No. Resistance is fine. It’s involved in too many skills. Just fix epidemic and its all good to go.

…. its not ok the skill is counter productive and either needs to be reworked or removed if wpi was broken that would have been the case since the launch of hot. Its not ok whenthis skill makes you an unkillable target dummy for conditions.

What exactly is counter productive about it?

It’s counter productive right now because people are just ignoring conditions and stacking resistance.

Which allows people to stack insane amounts of conditions on them, while they themselves are fine because of the boon, people around them die from conditions that get epidemic.

Resistance boon is suppose to protect players from conditions, not allow for awesome epidemic bombs.

Are you seriously relying strictly on resistance to deal with conditions? Resistance is great, but yeah, people still have to cleanse periodically. Honestly, epidemic could use a stack restrictor, ie transfer no more that 5,10, whatever stacks of any one condition.

still the way resistance works its op ignoring soft cc and total dmg avoidance like wth

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I don’t see how anyone can agree that Resistance in its current state is balanced.

Protection Boon, the counter part to Resistance Boon, only reduces direct damage by 33%.

How is it that 1 boon can negate ALL conditions, one of two ways to do damage?

How about they change Protection to 100% damage reduction? See how long everyone thinks that boon is balanced then.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Anybody remember when Diamond Skin made eles OP vs condi Necros?

Resistance does the same thing except the Necro has a counter play. It just happens that resistance allows for the massive buildup of condis that a skilled counter play of corrupt boon epi bombs destroys. It’s time for the resistance side to counter the condi side because if you nerf epidemic then what’s the counter to resistance???

in WvW

Posted by: Zez.9018

Zez.9018

I say it needs to get reworked. It’s making people lazy.

Also complete immunity to conditions is a bit much.

And complete immunity to power damage is a bit much and making people lazy. Blocking, Invulnerability skills, Evading; maybe they should be reworked to only grant a 33% reduction in power damage.

in WvW

Tricare.2946

And complete immunity to power damage is a bit much and making people lazy. Blocking, Invulnerability skills, Evading; maybe they should be reworked to only grant a 33% reduction in power damage.

Those are skills that have cooldowns attached to them. They cannot be stacked in duration.

Like I said, imagine if Protection Boon gave 100% immunity to power damage. That would be OP.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Blocks, invulns and evades cannot be extended period, but resistance can. And its substantially harder to share those than it is to share resistance. Not to mention that when you do share an invuln, its only ~1 sec that is shared. And yes, we have too many of them at the moment. But that doesn’t make resistance balanced.

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Resistance does the same thing except the Necro has a counter play. It just happens that resistance allows for the massive buildup of condis that a skilled counter play of corrupt boon epi bombs destroys. It’s time for the resistance side to counter the condi side because if you nerf epidemic then what’s the counter to resistance???

Resistance also makes any condi class that doesn’t have boon removal at its disposal unviable. So unless you want to ignore all warriors you’re left with condi thief/necro/mesmer only.

in WvW

zealex.9410

Resistance also makes any condi class that doesn’t have boon removal at its disposal unviable. So unless you want to ignore all warriors you’re left with condi thief/necro/mesmer only.

resistance might provide a counter play to small duels or like 2 man roaming or something but in group play its flawed when a fight starts you have time to clear conditions with fields and every thing resistance makes it so you dont get timento react

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Sounds to me like a lot of you people are running around like chickens with your heads cut off. Get in an organized group. Join a guild. Run proper group comp. Epi and condis do nothing. I never have a condition on me for more than one or two seconds.

On the other hand, resistance is OP. I don’t understand why anyone is running condi in large scale combat unless they’re facing a total pug group on EB or just a terrible guild.

^That is from EU WvW turnament on monday. It looks like it’s working.

Uh, what is that video supposed to prove? It shows me that your party had 0 resistance, and whoever the kitten was that got eppied didn’t clear condis. I notice we don’t get to see your group comp at all.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

So, how many of you are condi necro mains that are terrible at the basic/brainless task of stacking condi on said rev or a pet and just pressing one button?

Too hard for you? I hear teq needs more ppl to spam 1 on him.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I prefer the hammer train meta. There was stuns with stun breaks/stability counter, might stacked frontline with protection/invuln counter or blasted water fields, and also wells with walking out of the red circle counter. It was so much better then any meta WvW has seen.

#vanillaWvW2017

in WvW

Posted by: rechner.1408

rechner.1408

I don’t see how anyone can agree that Resistance in its current state is balanced.

Protection Boon, the counter part to Resistance Boon, only reduces direct damage by 33%.

How about they change Protection to 100% damage reduction? See how long everyone thinks that boon is balanced then.

Protection uptime = 100 % !
Resistance uptime = 100% ?

no its not 100 % on resistance why that mby a bug in game?
no cause there are only a few skill that give resistance and they have high cd. (exept of Healing Signet from war) so plz dont compare prot with res

in WvW

zealex.9410

no cause there are only a few skill that give resistance and they have high cd. (exept of Healing Signet from war) so plz dont compare prot with res

total protection from soft cc and conditions is still strobger than anything in this game. U should not be able to dtack high amounts of condis on your own but you also should not be able t o have a shot tone of condis on you and be like “meh this is fine” both are over performing both need nerfing the latter’s nature is also to counter it self so nerfing it will delete any future possible way to exploit its purpose that might come to be in the future

(edited by zealex.9410)

in WvW

Tricare.2946

You’re confusing uptime or the duration of the boon, with the % of effectiveness.

Resistance Boon = 100% damage reduction from conditions (including ignoring movement conditions)

Protection Boon = 33% damage reduction from direct damage.

Why is one Boon complete immunity while the other isn’t?

Let’s make Ageis a duration boon too, 100% blocks until the boons duration runs out. Stupid I know.

in WvW

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

So, my two cents:

the simple fact that resistance doesn’t cancel the condis, but only negates the damage for a set time keeps it from being overpowered. It allows for counterplay like baiting out the resistance, then loading condis at the end of the uptime (which, hilariously, is often easier because the target thinks they have dodged your burst.) This, to me, promotes good gameplay on the part of the defender and the attacker. Not overpowered.

d/d condi thief

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s kinda funny that the anti condi boon is actually making condis even more of a problem, revenant and warrior are #1 epi targets for me because they never actually cleanse their condis, so you can just stack huge condis on them and epidemic the people around him to kill.

How is revenant supposed to cleanse condis, other than 2 condis removed on a long cd and hefty energy cost from staff 4 and 2 condis from jalis which you can’t run because you have to run mallyx?

It’s not like revenants are doing this on purpose. They’re just screwed defensively as a class.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I agree it’s time for a rework. Reduce the condition damage reduction of resistance to ~33% then make it as ubiquitous as Protection. Give some skills (such as Berserker’s Stance) their own unique condition immunity effects again.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

It’s kinda funny that the anti condi boon is actually making condis even more of a problem, revenant and warrior are #1 epi targets for me because they never actually cleanse their condis, so you can just stack huge condis on them and epidemic the people around him to kill.

How is revenant supposed to cleanse condis, other than 2 condis removed on a long cd and hefty energy cost from staff 4 and 2 condis from jalis which you can’t run because you have to run mallyx?

It’s not like revenants are doing this on purpose. They’re just screwed defensively as a class.

Not your revenants or warriors fault they can’t cleanse, but their resistance spam with 0 cleanse is actually making the epi+ booncorrupt meta even stronger.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

zealex.9410

So, my two cents:

the simple fact that resistance doesn’t cancel the condis, but only negates the damage for a set time keeps it from being overpowered. It allows for counterplay like baiting out the resistance, then loading condis at the end of the uptime (which, hilariously, is often easier because the target thinks they have dodged your burst.) This, to me, promotes good gameplay on the part of the defender and the attacker. Not overpowered.

d/d condi thief

it provide counter play but the good kind of counter play coz in a big group the moment they find someone who has resistance they will over load him with condis and epi that dmg around him since ofc

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

Because you’re in a party with other classes that have massive cleanses: Guardians, Eles, Necros, Druids. kitten . THis is WvW 101.

in WvW

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

if you change resistance, then you will have to add much more immediate cleanser, since every farth condi players do in this game gives you condi stack of something.
And you cant compare resistance, cuz his counterpart is not only protection, but protection + toughness. Also many classes have immunity to dmg skills.
If you want resistance to be only 33% condi dmg negation, then you have to make toughness reduce the condition dmg too.

I dont think aniway that resistance is the problem in this game, but the amount of condis stacks flying around since patch 23 june. If you remove that patch, then you can remove resistance 100% immunity (and epidemic will be totaly fine)

in WvW

zealex.9410

if you change resistance, then you will have to add much more immediate cleanser, since every farth condi players do in this game gives you condi stack of something.
And you cant compare resistance, cuz his counterpart is not only protection, but protection + toughness. Also many classes have immunity to dmg skills.
If you want resistance to be only 33% condi dmg negation, then you have to make toughness reduce the condition dmg too.

I dont think aniway that resistance is the problem in this game, but the amount of condis stacks flying around since patch 23 june. If you remove that patch, then you can remove resistance 100% immunity (and epidemic will be totaly fine)

Yeah the biggest issue here is the amount of stacks ppl can dish out in a little amount and resistance is supporting that in a way. They will have to readd the condincap or make condis have dr after a soft cap and then also nerf resistance so its on par with other boons. Epi for sure is jot the issue here tho.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

not really sure how this epi bomb works, but it looks like that since everyone has Resistance up no condis will tick, so the only way for this is currpt boon 1 guy and then said target can be bombed. but what i do no understand is that wiki says “Spread conditions on a target foe to all nearby foes.” how can 1 guy all of a suddon get all condis with stupid high ticks instantly – example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj9WbKSfbao

I am assuming that the front line had all of theirs condis scattered through out their train and then all shared to this 1 guy?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Tricare.2946

The only thing that killed this guy was the confusion ticks. Somehow a profession is able to stack 20+ confusion onto 1 target. That’s what people should be talking about.

Hint- it’s not a necromancer that stacked that confusion.

Look at the stack. http://imgur.com/3f6tbDG

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

a simple question…

and if instead of resistance 100% condition immunity was PROTECTION a 100% damage reduction?

same problem as resistance is it now…

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in WvW

zealex.9410

a simple question…

and if instead of resistance 100% condition immunity was PROTECTION a 100% damage reduction?

same problem as resistance is it now…

you cant overload someone with power dmg and then spread that to nearby players resistence does that.

in WvW

Tricare.2946

The point is, the person would be DEAD or would CLEAR the 40 stacks of confusion on themselves BEFORE being able to have epidemic cast on them, if Resistance didn’t give 100% immunity.

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

oh i found resistance a broken boon at it is now…

think if the boon protection wasn’t -33% damage but -100%. it would be broken, right? do you follow what im saying?

rune of durability is the worst rune ever in the wvw scenario with so much foods and armors and trinkets with +% boon duration… etc etc etc

i’m saying that resistance should be reworked.

a -33% condition and well, learn to do combos, area cleanse condis, water fields , cleansing sigils etc etc etc

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in WvW

Zenith.7301

Because you’re in a party with other classes that have massive cleanses: Guardians, Eles, Necros, Druids. kitten . THis is WvW 101.

So as a revenant I’m to put my defense and faith in the hands of other people? Would you do the same with stunbreaks/stability skills, expecting your friendly guardian will reliably cover you?

Fact is, if I as a revenant don’t put resistance up, I get immediately rooted and blow up within 3 seconds in the initial clash given said roots prevent me from dodging the barrage of CC that revenant also gets pinballed with given revenant also has terrible tools for dealing with CC outside staff 3.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Resistance as it stands is integral to a frontline Revenant. A change to Resistance would require an entire rework of Revenant. You really think ANet is going to completely rework their first “new profession”?

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

So as a revenant I’m to put my defense and faith in the hands of other people? Would you do the same with stunbreaks/stability skills, expecting your friendly guardian will reliably cover you?

Fact is, if I as a revenant don’t put resistance up, I get immediately rooted and blow up within 3 seconds in the initial clash given said roots prevent me from dodging the barrage of CC that revenant also gets pinballed with given revenant also has terrible tools for dealing with CC outside staff 3.

Exactly. It’s a team based PvP mode. Duh.

in WvW

Zenith.7301

Exactly. It’s a team based PvP mode. Duh.

I suppose we’ll do the same for stunbreaks then. Only your allies can break you out of a stun, let’s see how you like that suggestion.

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Resistance as it stands is integral to a frontline Revenant. A change to Resistance would require an entire rework of Revenant. You really think ANet is going to completely rework their first “new profession”?

Even without Resistance, rev would still work as backline support with the new buffs to ventari.

Besides, the class needs to be redesigned anyway

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

OP has a really bad L2P issue.

u what now?

There is nothing wrong with resistance. It can be stripped easily enough and conditions are a far bigger problem than resistance can dream to be. If you’re having trouble with resistance playing a condi build, you’re playing it wrong and you should probably move on to playing a power build.

u dont get the point of this in so many lvls

No, I get what you’re saying, but I don’t agree. If someone throws up resistance but the group is not CLEANSING conditions, then they deserve to be epi bombed. It is a group comp/skill issue that you are seeing.

My group even just running 5 people is constantly cleansing conditions between our Guardian and our Ele in the group, and we all try to cleanse our own conditions frequently with our own skills as well. If my group of 5 can do it, your pug zerg should be doing it too.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

Have protection reduce direct damage and damage component of conditions by 33%. Resistance reduces non-damage components of conditions by 33%.

Immobilize, taunt, fear, and blind are considered control effects and can be removed by stun breaks or resisted by stability. Their durations aren’t affected by anything which affects general condition duration, but traits which proc or modify duration based on them still work (necromancer’s terror still deals damage with fear, thief’s hard to catch still converts immob to cripple, etc.). This brings them more in line with their effects on defiance bars.

in WvW

Posted by: Strige.9382

Strige.9382

No. Resistance is FINE.

Anet SHOULD REWORK epidemic and stat Dire/Trailblazer’s.
They make the same damage then zerk build….. and if u play zerk, u dont have 2000+ toughness with 24k hp.

You must be realistic.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Resistance as a perma effect is too much. All boons should be boons but if you can have it all the time its no longer a boon its becomes a requirement or a gear type.

The boon it self should only effect condi dmg and not soft cc.

There needs to be a re-balance to duration effects in gw2 both boon and condi. Nothing should be perma.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

No. Resistance is FINE.

They make the same damage then zerk build….. and if u play zerk, u dont have 2000+ toughness with 24k hp.

You must be realistic.

Epidemic rework: Cap number of conditions to 5, number of targets to 3., make it blockable, reduce range to 900, limit duration of transferred condis to 10 seconds

in WvW

OriOri.8724

No. Resistance is FINE.

You must be realistic.

Epidemic is fine. It only gets to transfer such ridiculous stacks because of the resistance boon. If players weren’t ignoring conditions with it, then you wouldn’t be able to stack condis so high, and epidemic wouldn’t be able to kill you in 1-2 ticks. Resistance is the core of the problem, the skill epidemic is fine

in WvW

Strige.9382

No. Resistance is FINE.

You must be realistic.

Epidemic is fine. It only gets to transfer such ridiculous stacks because of the resistance boon. If players weren’t ignoring conditions with it, then you wouldn’t be able to stack condis so high, and epidemic wouldn’t be able to kill you in 1-2 ticks. Resistance is the core of the problem, the skill epidemic is fine

Epidemic can spread conditions on a target foe to all nearby foes and applies up to 25 stacks of any given condition.
This not is OP for u?
You have seen the new buff for necro?
one single necro can put around 33 stack of bleed on foe… if we get focus party with necro should make “almost” the same (Chilling Darkness trait+Signet of Spite+Epidemic from focus party…Feast of Corruption skill also work well on that combo)….resistence make it only more easy.

Anet nerfed “Signet of Inspiration” from mesmer and now its hard to keep up perma resistence… and then not all classes have access to resistence.
If they nerf it, they must nerf also the stat from dire/tb armor because (i hope u know) they can make almost the same damage like berserker build but with a ton of toughness and vitality…(remember that skill with removal condi have cd).

(btw sorry for my english)

(edited by Strige.9382)

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Epidemic is supposed to be a strong condi bomb skill. That is what the skill was designed for. Taking away its ability to condi bomb players, and you might as well take the skill out of the game. It needs that ability. But removing resistance would naturally limit how many stacks of condis you can spread with epidemic by a ton.

in WvW

Strige.9382

Epidemic is supposed to be a strong condi bomb skill. That is what the skill was designed for. Taking away its ability to condi bomb players, and you might as well take the skill out of the game. It needs that ability. But removing resistance would naturally limit how many stacks of condis you can spread with epidemic by a ton.

At start of the game all skills was designed for make a great damage but many of them got nerfed because was too op.
I dont want that anet nerf too much this skill but now is too op and need just be reworked.

Example:
Number of Targets: 5
Number of conditions to 5
Radius: 300
Range: 900
Blockable
Applies up to 4/5 stacks of any given condition

(If u play with focus party this skill is still good also with this changes).

I repeat that you can stack too many condi also without resistance and not all classes have access to it.
Resistance is the only boon that can stop the damage from condi for a brief period;
direct damage is tanked by toughness but there isnt any stat that tank condi dmg, we have “only” -20% condi duration…and if u play against mesmer condi, war condi, thief condi, guard condi, engi condi etc etc its “almost useless”.

So guys, put anet in the right direction…we cant speak about how is dead wvw if we put them on the wrong track.

(edited by Strige.9382)

in WvW

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Besides, there have been multiple threads with reasonable nerfs to epidemic that would make it more balanced. Such nerfs sound like this: making it blockable, reducing radius, increasing cooldown, adding a condition cap.

Reasonable, because people can’t deal with it?
Blockable = makes epidemic completely useless because of the stupid amount of classes that have passive blocks
Reducing the radius is stupid until you lower the radius of boon share at the same percentage. If you take away the radius from epidemic it will be useless because rev+guard have great boonshare, light fields and heals.
Increasing cooldown – look above.
Adding a condition cap. Ok, I can live with that IF we get a damage cap too. If conditions are capped again, there should be a cap on crit/ferocity or we end up in the stupid melee power stun meta – been there, done that.

And to be honest. I think it’s pretty funny that a guy who plays thief wants skills nerfed! Let’s talk about your class for a second.
Can we talk about dodge and block on daredevil, ghost thief, d/p and instagibs from your class before we touch necros? Just an idea.

you are my new favourite guy in this forum xD
dont even bother he stopped replying when i brought the rework they did to stability a while back and deleted his arguement

I hate to say I told you so, to all of you. (I told you so.)

Devs made the right move today!

:D

I am a teef
:)

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Devs caved in to people crying on forums and killed wvw a bit more. All hail full frontline meta.

Hope they fix thieves the same way soon.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc