Revenant ability that goes through walls?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Some ability on the new class completely shoots through walls, doors, etc. Looks like a hammer launching out. Had one clobbering me on the other side of a door and then in lords room of WC. Shot right through the floor.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I know mace 2 does. It is fun burning people standing by the door. Althpugh to be fair there are several classes that damage through doors.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Warkind.6745

Warkind.6745

Maybe it’s not just revenant. I had a ranger shooting me through the walls at the northern EBG keep a couple nights ago as well.

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

I can confirm Hammer Bolt/Necrotic Grasp/some Chrono skill go right through walls.

kittenty video but it highlights what’s happening.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Maybe there is an achievement for killing people through walls? Didnt see That Coming? Or maybe Line of Sight That!

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Straegen.2938

It was certainly strange watching hammers fly through the wall and floor to hit me.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Noblehawk.8036

Noblehawk.8036

To enable this feature you must purchase HoT.

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Projectiles are currently a mess anyway in HoT, things obstruct a lot more for no reason specially on lord npc’s, yet at the same time projectiles can partly hit through walls and portals, just another feature in the long list of features.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yes, because its not like the guardian staff has ever been able to hit things through walls.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Yes, because its not like the guardian staff has ever been able to hit things through walls.

The staff is an AoE and cannot hit targets like the lord in the WildCreek tower. I was getting hit on a treb pretty far back from the door at Wildcreek and then in the lords room with a targeted attack at around 1200. That hammer was flying through the wall past the supply and nailing me. The second one in lords room was hitting me through the floor.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Projectiles are currently a mess anyway in HoT, things obstruct a lot more for no reason specially on lord npc’s, yet at the same time projectiles can partly hit through walls and portals, just another feature in the long list of features.

Longbow ranger is a frustrating experience. OBSTRUCTED! OBSTRUCTED! OBSTRUCTED! oh a gentle slope? OBSTRUCTED!

I haven’t played ranged in so long i wondered if it has always been like this… but it is really just the expansion?

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Sorry to dissapoint but longbow rangers lead the wind ability can pierce walls and doors too. There are specific points and obstructs, but both ranger and warrior can shoot through walls with arrows (and pierce). I have already sent a ticket to support but I guess it takes time. Try yourself.

in WvW

Posted by: Medozorz.5920

Medozorz.5920

Longbow ranger is a frustrating experience. OBSTRUCTED! OBSTRUCTED! OBSTRUCTED! oh a gentle slope? OBSTRUCTED!

I haven’t played ranged in so long i wondered if it has always been like this… but it is really just the expansion?

This is a huge problem, especially in WvW since expansion. Getting obstructed on flat terrain, often is really annoying. It used to be alot better, like 99% better some time ago. Would be great if they fixed it, it is kinda frustrating.

TUP

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

There is several abilities on all classes that go through doors, this is not new and has been around since release. It is not Rev exclusive.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

There is several abilities on all classes that go through doors, this is not new and has been around since release. It is not Rev exclusive.

A hammer attack should not fly up through the floor in the Wildcreek lords room and strike a player/siege. Players should not see Ranger arrows flying through walls hitting them on a supply hut. We are not talking about splash damage going through a door or even wall. We are talking about targeted attacks that can hit players in the middle of a tower.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]