Revenents in WvW

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: MChuzzlewit.5178

MChuzzlewit.5178

So I just zoned back into WvW after the patch hit and apparently revenents are able to zone into WvW now?

Anyone know if this is intended or a bug? Because if this is intended then it’s just another sign that clearly anet has no respect for WvW.

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

(edited by Taxidriver.2043)

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

They don’t have any respect for WvW. On top of it, a glitch with the class warranted an immediate patch fix on NA WvW reset night.

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

A revenant is easier to kill than than a borderlands raptor, so I encourage all who pre-purchased to bring their walking bags into WvW.

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

Only because people running around in celestial and not knowing how to play.

I ran full ascended sentinel armor/weapons with WvW infusions and all ascended cleric trinkets with WvW infusions.
I ran Jalis/Ventari with Hammer and specced properly and played the class how it was supposed to be played, a ranged support role (CC & heals)
I almost never died.

(edited by Chobits.2430)

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Not having played a rev yet, can you tell us Chobits using that spec was it performing better than an ele in the same role?

I’m just trying to work out whether there is any sort of role (other than walking loot bag for anything other than your spec) that rev will be able to fill better than existing classes- and given that most players want to tag as many enemies as possible and will therefore try and be zerk and frontline…

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

I ran full ascended sentinel armor/weapons with WvW infusions and all ascended cleric trinkets with WvW infusions.
I ran Jalis/Ventari with Hammer and specced properly and played the class how it was supposed to be played, a ranged support role (CC & heals)
I almost never died.

How did you get Ascended armor/weapons or even ascended trinkets? Did you make or bought those weapons? Are those items not lost when BWE will be over? (WvW trinkets cost laurels, if I am not wrong.)

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I will say that, water fields aside, properly played Support Revenant is miles stronger than support Ele.

It takes skill, even in WvW. But things like Rite of the Great Dwarf or sheer healing/projectile block of Ventari + Hammer has potential.

Profession is not nearly finished yet, but it looks like a very strong competitor to Guardians and Eles.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I almost never died.

How did you get Ascended armor/weapons or even ascended trinkets? Did you make or bought those weapons? Are those items not lost when BWE will be over? (WvW trinkets cost laurels, if I am not wrong.)

Except your money / laurels / mats seem instanced as well. Buy a legendary on beta. Your other toons will still see all their money, but no legendary…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I almost never died.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed quickly that hammer seems to be the better weapon for WvW group play with a Jalis/Ventari build! I was telling all the Revenants following my tag last night to dump staff and switch to hammer. We ended up having rolling dwarf roads for our zerg pushes and tablets in areas where normally I’d ask for eles to keep waters going. And sticking a tablet right on an enemy stack and activating the projectile block was good for many lulz.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The personal bank is instanced so anything placed in it before the beta became available to the beta character. Wish I knew this earlier so I could have placed all my ascended trinkets and weapons into the bank before the beta. :/

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Meh. I boarded the baby train in EOTM to take it for a spin initially for the lulz and surprisingly… full zerk frontlining got me killed. A lot. That’s to be expected though on something that’s unfinished in the first place so I tried out full soldiers with MUCH better results (least I didn’t insta-die).

Despite my thoughts on their unbalanced ability to dish out perm stab I found our zerg survived a lot of would-be fear walls, ha. Same thing with unyielding anguish skill; I think there should be counterplay to it because I could simply spam it at chokepoints behind the enemy zerg and they’d be trying to fall back but get teleported closer to our advancing zerg due to the placement of the teleport. Also extremely troll-worthy on champs as it ignores stability which I find is the key factor for it being rather OP and unbalanced.

Overall Rev in a wvw environment needs a lot of tweaking for it to be balanced and VIABLE because atm it feels lackluster in the DPS department and shoveled into a mere set of utility skills via current legendary stances.

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

I almost never died.

I had most everything pre-staged in the bank.

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I wish I knew this :S

#I no words have"

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I almost never died.

Ascended armor and gear can be moved to any character, that said, just remove the items before the weekend is over.

It is gets “stuck” I am sure that isn’t the same as our siege problem – not being able to stow right now… at least I am hoping it’s not like that…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

So I just zoned back into WvW after the patch hit and apparently revenents are able to zone into WvW now?

Anyone know if this is intended or a bug? Because if this is intended then it’s just another sign that clearly anet has no respect for WvW.

So far revenants seem to really suck in both WvW and SPVP. I have fought them on engi, mes, guard, havent had a chance to try my other toons yet, but it is so bad right now that in SPVP if one team has a revenant and the other team doesnt, the team with the revenant migth as well just have one less person.

I truly hope A-net adjusts revenants for all forms of PVP. I could see how and why they would release them for beta so underpowered, because it is far better to buff classes / players then nerf them, bit by little bit to get them balanced instead of OP.

The above posters are right that revenants currently are basically lootbags, I do hope this changes.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Because being fully optimized for damage(with some active defenses) is the best help a player can have, and ravenant looks more a defensive character but:
Defensive and slow game play is not designed to be effective in the actual state of the game because game is not balanced towards that objective.

Anet looks a bit misguided in balancing the game and looks having a hard time balancing atack and defense.

(edit: i would not be surprised if they removed almost all armor stats and just left some DPS focused for the classes to use, thus obligating just to one gameplay role for the ravenant and other classes.).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

I almost never died.

that’s untrue you had people experimenting with zerker armour as well. and the damage was still subpar. the thing is. if the revenant is meant to be played as a support role. then it sure as hell is the first class in a long time in gw2 that is actively tailored to a single role. which to me is doubtfull considering this is a beta. the corruption trait bieng akin to a necromancer and the elite skill of demon stance and the spontaneous destruction trait.

anyways i have a somewhat different experience, I ran a berserker and rampager revenant with a bit of cleric runes here and there and i must say i didn’t do all that bad in roaming. soloing camps and figthing other players is feasible. altough difficult but feasible. my condition damage was pretty kitten awsome.

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Doesn’t matter if you run rev in the exotics provided or asc, the difference is small. Rev still has dps of a strawberry cupcake.

I tried few builds with different stats (healer/condi/dps), and even with full zerker + scholar + power/fer food, I was killing gate guard so long, my guildie started laughting.

From what I remember, the dps wasn’t this bad during the previous tests on the new pve maps (and those were in full cele).

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

Revs were weak as could be and certainly need a balance tweak. I did not play one, but the ones I faced were pathetically weak.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: JaeleCt.3967

JaeleCt.3967

i would have liked hammer, if all the ranged attacks worth using didnt have 1.5+ seconds of start up… i gave them a solid day of play in wvw, and while the ventari heals are nice, and the perma stab is cool, i still didnt feel like i was bringing much to the team. my necro is far more helpful to a zerg at this point.

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Revs were weak as could be and certainly need a balance tweak. I did not play one, but the ones I faced were pathetically weak.

It takes some time to learn a workable skill rotation with the trait lines. Then it takes more time to effectively use those skills.

That’s assuming you’re facing someone who even knows how to work on that.

SBI

Revenents in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I did a lot of spvp during the beta weekend. They were a joke. A roadbump.