Revert EOTM wxp Nerfs, Rank system unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

When the expansion launched, with it were nerfs to WXP gain in EOTM but the damage had already been done and tons of players, some whom don’t even know what stability is got easy Diamond ranks. Previously this wasn’t an issue because rank meant nothing but now that your WvW rank affects how many pips you get which also now affects reward bonuses in WvW it is now an issue. I’ve played WvW hardcore on and off for over 4 years and am only in the 3600’s, pre-EOTM nerf it would take less than 6 months to grind to 10k just as a comparison. Now that your WvW rank affects rewards level, EOTM should be unerfed to allow people who didn’t cheese WvW ranks in EOTM the opportunity to do so, so we are equally rewarded in the new Pip system. Posting my eotm achieves/wvw rank to show that had I played EOTM (instead of actual WvW, not k-train garbage) I would easily be rank 10k or at least diamond.

Attachments:

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Pumped.2371

Pumped.2371

You’re hilarious.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

A good point.

To make it even better, we need to point out that quicker WvW rank gain would most likely increase player participatition in WvW.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well i would be easily rank 100k if i would play in NA. I would kill 50 NA WvW players alone.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

Eotm is not WvW

in WvW

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

I know this idea will be bashed in next post or be ignored by the devs but I was hoping that Anet would let us use tomes of knowledge to gain wvw ranks inside the mist war and remove the tomes from the rank up rewards.

The game gives too much tomes in both pve, pvp and wvw and a lot of veteran players do not need them, I already have like 1500 tomes and Idon’t know how to use them.

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Now that your WvW rank affects rewards level, EOTM should be unerfed to allow people who didn’t cheese WvW ranks in EOTM the opportunity to do so, so we are equally rewarded in the new Pip system.

errr so because so many players cheesed their way to high rank in EOTM, you want ANET to revert changes so MORE players can cheese their way to high rank?

hmmmm

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: Arricson Krei.9560

Arricson Krei.9560

EotM isn’t WvW, like DanAlcedo said.

If anything, people’s ranks should be decreased based on how many ranks they’ve earned in EotM, not the other way around. So all these 10k people you speak of should be deranked.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I know this idea will be bashed in next post or be ignored by the devs but I was hoping that Anet would let us use tomes of knowledge to gain wvw ranks inside the mist war and remove the tomes from the rank up rewards.

The game gives too much tomes in both pve, pvp and wvw and a lot of veteran players do not need them, I already have like 1500 tomes and Idon’t know how to use them.

Tombs are needed in wvw. Have to have the shards from using the tomb to make superior siege.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

EotM isn’t WvW, like DanAlcedo said.

If anything, people’s ranks should be decreased based on how many ranks they’ve earned in EotM, not the other way around. So all these 10k people you speak of should be deranked.

they probably have no way of knowing this. I doubt wxp was segregated.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Aitadis.8269

Simply asking for equality, Anet has contradicted themselves this patch by saying that WvW title was just for aesthetics in the past but now being higher rank means quicker rewards. And the fastest way to get those ranks have now been nerfed, EOTM use to give about twice as much WXP as it gives now.

It would be impossible to revert the ranks people earned in EOTM, only way would be to revert the nerfs and allow everyone the opportunity to rank up faster.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

(edited by Aitadis.8269)

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

I like the idea of using tomes of knowledge for gaining rank as well.
It seems fair. But maybe you should get to a certain level (100?) before being allowed to use them.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

You really want to put people in a tizzy, give 1 AP for each wvw level. Watch heads explode.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Dwizal.9871

Dwizal.9871

Using tomes in wvw is like saying tome should give pve raid shards. The people who chose wvw or pve raids as their game mode will be mad that it’s so easy to get wvw rank or pve raid shards. Wvw rank regardless if you cheesed it or not shows how much you played that game mode. Just because you didn’t choose to play more wvw, please don’t ask for an easy way to get wvw ranks. Play the mode and earn your way. As a wvw player I’d love tomes to be tradeable for pve raid shards or to help with pve map completions because pve map completion is far more tedious than a really quick gift of battle track.

Dedicate your time to wvw like pvers dedicate their time to pve and you would’ve have a rank to get the t3 wvw armor as well as Ultimate Dominator or close to UD by now.

Just know using tomes to cheese ranks is not fair when it’s something that is time gated by actually playing.

Also the tomes are important for siege. Commanders will go thru a full stack of various sieges and that’s not cheap so all those tomes are quite important. Make siege with all those extra books and donate the siege to your commander in wvw instead. That way you are helping your wvw community and helping to get your wvw ranks.

- UW (EU server) player

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Though I must agree it is unfair and thus I also agree anet made the decision late and not considerate enough during the implementation. However, I must object the suggestion to revert the nerf as I do not want EOTM to become the attention again and then resulted in the same negative impact towards WvW.

PS: You are not really hardcore WvWing if you are only ranked 3.6k, a real hardcore is definitely diamond after 4 years.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Just give EotM own pips and stuff so i can go back there. Player quality is horrible in new WvW. EotM is like combat heaven compared this. At least EotM people actually try to defend stuff.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Just give EotM own pips and stuff so i can go back there. Player quality is horrible in new WvW. EotM is like combat heaven compared this. At least EotM people actually try to defend stuff.

Wait a week or two for the hype to die down. Today, everyone and their sister is playing to find out how it works, to see what they need to do to get shinies, because they want a distraction from their usual routine. In a week or two, it’s going to be significantly different.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I applaud anet, no fast pass for you!

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

They should have reset all wvw ranks ever earned in eotm. That would have been great.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: Celsith.2753

Celsith.2753

They should have reset all wvw ranks ever earned in eotm. That would have been great.

If they did this, some of us would still be Diamond Legend and what would people complain about then?

Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Thundercat Snarf – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: kaleen.8204

kaleen.8204

Stop crying about ranks. Some of us got 60 rankups during 3 skirmishes after the patch. How? Its about knowledge of the game mode. Dont expect to get everything for free and finally put some effort into it even if the backpack is the only thing you seek.

tl;dr L2P

xd

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Nah thanks, keep the players in WvW and rightfully so it should reward more for playing it.

What they should’ve done is brought back oldschool WvW XP booster, updated enrichment infusions and given one of those big buffs akin to PvP seasons.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Once upon a time we asked for a sort of overflow map so we could play WvW while we waited for queue’s. Lo and behold Arenanet gave us EotM.

Then people playing WvW eventually decayed to kitten due to the neglect that WvW suffered, and now people were complaining EotM existed because it attracted people away from the borderlands.

Now we’re having huge queue’s again and it is once again apparent why we have an EotM. To see people here now say dumb the dumb kitten they are makes me wonder if they ever even played WvW back in the day you would spend 2h waiting in queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

Nothing unfair here. This patch was to reward wvw, not eotm. There shouldn’t be an easy track. I’ve been playing wvw since about 4 months after gw2 came out (been gone off and on for about a year total). I’ve earned the VAST majority of my +- 2500 ranks from defending the home bl. Not zerging. Not ktrain. I earned those ranks the hard way. So to those who want it easy, maybe you should have actually played wvw. If I could get 2500 ranks from defending home bl, anyone can.

Good for the nerf. God help us on the BL disaster atm, though.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Was wondering when the pvers would come crying in here asking for it to be easier for them. Sorry, but you’ll get no sympathy here. WvW is finally getting something after being ignored for so long and pve getting everything. Suck it up and play actual wvw. Eotm is pve with the ability to kill other players, it is not WvW and shouldn’t get any rewards from WvW as far as i’m concerned.

You think that’s unfair? What’s unfair is PvE having exclusive access to legendary armor when WvW is the mode that would get the most out of having stat swapping armor. When we get a way to acquire legendary armor by only playing wvw, THEN and only then do you have any right to talk about what’s fair.

in WvW

Aitadis.8269

Was wondering when the pvers would come crying in here asking for it to be easier for them. Sorry, but you’ll get no sympathy here. WvW is finally getting something after being ignored for so long and pve getting everything. Suck it up and play actual wvw. Eotm is pve with the ability to kill other players, it is not WvW and shouldn’t get any rewards from WvW as far as i’m concerned.

You think that’s unfair? What’s unfair is PvE having exclusive access to legendary armor when WvW is the mode that would get the most out of having stat swapping armor. When we get a way to acquire legendary armor by only playing wvw, THEN and only then do you have any right to talk about what’s fair.

PvE’er huh? Lets see your WvW rank and list of EOTM achieves to compare. I bet you’ve done more EOTM then me and have a lower WvW rank.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Most of the EotM bashing is coming from jealous eliteness WvWers who either never stepped foot in there, or did and got owned.

The Borderlands has just as much, if not more, blob mentality than EotM. The server with the bigger blob wins. Its a race to see how much Aoe/condi each team can lay down.

The ONLY differences between EoTM and WvW are that folks tend to use more expensive armor like TB and nomads, and guilds in TS coordinate in the BLs. Oh, and the gates/walls are tougher. Yes, you can capture a keep faster in EoTM than WvW, but its not for some super-skilled people defending. Its due to gates/walls having more health and the ability to call in blobs from the other BLs to defend.

So people need to stop with this EoTM bashing. I have just as many, if not more, quality fights in EoTM, both in gvg and roaming, than the borderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

The system is fair. Yes, rank helps them get more pips per tick. But, they now have to go to the borderlands and farm there to get tickets, and those require a massive time investment. The so-called eotm folks that you claim are the scum of society (which i disagree with) will not get the armor any quicker due to their rank, unless they farm the tickets. And then of course comes the argument that if the EotM folks can spend that much time in the borderlands farming tickets and being productive for their server, maybe the EoTM folks are not all that bad after all…

So looking at this objectively, Anet has put in a mechanism that rewards everyone, from people who comm, to server score, to active borderland participation.