Revert Ticket Cap "Bug" Fix

in WvW

Posted by: Kirito.8560

Kirito.8560

WvW actually felt rewarding for a change. I think it’s great to reward those who play more of a game mode in any scenario. I actually thought removing the ticket cap was the best change that was added to WvW. Time gated rewards will only cripple the game type and it should be removed.

Emperor Asuro –GM of [NL]-Nightmare The Legion – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Angryjanitor.5940

Angryjanitor.5940

Agreed. It’s already a huge time sink. Feels like it was just fine when you could repeat the track. WvW feels a little pointless once you complete the reward track.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

You guys realize if they open tickets up like that they would have to increase the ticket cost of everything.. by a lot. It’s a time to earn issue to go along with other parts of the game, especially now that we get the ability to convert them to legendaries for stat swapping.

Something to think about as you all keep asking for this.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Angryjanitor.5940

Angryjanitor.5940

Why would they have to increase it? PvP isn’t time gated.

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

Then go play pvp?

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I love the changes. Keep active! As to time gated stuff I have 0 issues with that. The way it supposed to be. It should not be easy to get any of the rewards you can purchase through tickets. It should be 100% harder than PvE. Any who do not like it, probably should think about playing PvE or something.

in WvW

Kirito.8560

No? who are you tell others what they should or shouldn’t play? They don’t need to increase the ticket cost either. It just means if you’re done with the base tickets for the week you can continue completing tracks and putting up effort towards rewards IF you want which I think is fair. My effort in WvW should mean something after I complete the weekly tracks and I think this change perfectly does this. You can’t reward a casual WvW player the same way you would a hardcore player who puts a lot of effort towards the game mode. In the end, your weekly efforts will determine the rewards you get and I don’t think it’s fair to limit those who simply play more.

in WvW

Posted by: Xultios.9457

Xultios.9457

Pvp is time gated too. Pvp tickets are limited per season.

in WvW

Kirito.8560

I love the changes. Keep active! As to time gated stuff I have 0 issues with that. The way it supposed to be. It should not be easy to get any of the rewards you can purchase through tickets. It should be 100% harder than PvE. Any who do not like it, probably should think about playing PvE or something.

Can you explain to me what’s “hard” about waiting? You will need the same amount of effort to get the rewards they just exclude any effort made after you complete the diamond track. They force you to wait till next week to continue progress which is ludicrous to players who are still putting lots of effort after they complete the track.

(edited by Kirito.8560)

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Can you explain to me what’s “hard” about waiting? You will need the same amount of effort to get the rewards they just exclude any effort made after you complete the diamond track. They force you to wait till next week to continue progress which is ludicrous to players who are still putting lots of effort after they complete the track.

Why must you complain? Why are you not happy Anet is actually working on WvW? Are you just in it for the rewards? If so maybe you should play something else. I look at the rewards (in any form) as extras. WvW imo is not meant for people to get shiny’s. This is WvW a competitive fighting stage. Not gimme all the shiny’s. I imagine you would find something to complain about if they gave you an extra 300 tickets a week. SMH

in WvW

Kirito.8560

“why must you complain?” Go on forums they said, lol. Anyways, I won’t insult you. People can read. For those who are looking at my points, let’s not engage in unconstructive arguments. I will only reply to valid concerns or plausible reasons as to why there should be a Ticket Cap.

(edited by Kirito.8560)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

So do i get less tickets this week if i already capped tickets before patch?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Kirito.8560

So do i get less tickets this week if i already capped tickets before patch?

You received more if you were able to complete tracks after completing Diamond with the “Bug” from the patch. What we are discussing is if this Ticket cap is reasonable.

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Why would they have to increase it? PvP isn’t time gated.

someone doesn’t pvp, ever.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

I agree, getting tickets after finishing diamond was nice. And if it were left in it would give people that already finished diamond for the week to actually still come back to WvW.

Say someone reached diamond 3 days into the week. Now they have about 4 more days left.. usually in those 4 days you won’t see them in WvW because they know they won’t be earning tickets until the next reset. With repeatable tickets in place, they would still play those 4 remaining days for the week. Otherwise WvW will just feel dead half way through the week like it has been.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Say someone reached diamond 3 days into the week. Now they have about 4 more days left.. usually in those 4 days you won’t see them in WvW because they know they won’t be earning tickets until the next reset. With repeatable tickets in place, they would still play those 4 remaining days for the week. Otherwise WvW will just feel dead half way through the week like it has been.

there are also people like who whom because of “reasons” wants to get all dem skirmish chests possiburu!

as for whether the cap is good or not – hard to say, I do not think I have a formulated opinion on this matter just yet

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

My effort in WvW should mean something after I complete the weekly tracks and I think this change perfectly does this.

I assume you played wvw before the reward stuff came in…. so what exactly did you do to make your efforts mean something when you didn’t have rewards to chase?

You can’t reward a casual WvW player the same way you would a hardcore player who puts a lot of effort towards the game mode. In the end, your weekly efforts will determine the rewards you get and I don’t think it’s fair to limit those who simply play more.

Casual players take a much longer time to earn tickets, THAT is the bonus reward veterans get, they earn the pips and tickets faster and therefore need to spend less time working on it for the week, that’s the whole point of handing out more pips per rank. Your time spent in the last few years gaining wxp is now a bonus.

Rewards have a cap, do them and go back to regularly scheduled ppting/ppking. If they don’t put a cap on tickets then you will have players WHO WILL gain multiple legendary pieces in a week.

That is not fair to the players in the other game modes who spend more time and effort to gain the same gear. Do you understand this concept? There’s a balance that needs to be maintained, you may not give a kitten as a player, but for game reward balance it needs to be done. If you take off the cap on tickets then they will need to raise the cost in order to maintain the time to acquire balance.

If you want ascended gear handed to you with no caps then go craft it.

I do think there should be a repeatable chest in the end, but certainly not for the same tickets as the diamond chest.

in WvW

Kirito.8560

1-I think the word “should” is giving you issues.
2- “Multiple Legendary pieces in a week”? you mean like the stacks of legendaries the raiding crowd made after stacking up on Legendary Insight before the content came out. We’re talking about the same “fair” balance that was maintained with raid rewards and Spvp? The truth is that the base requirement for these rewards is the same. It makes no sense time gating these rewards if people are putting in the effort that can count towards next weeks progression when they complete the weekly tracks. You don’t see raiders doing the same content after they receive their rewards like the WvW players. Spvp in the other hand has a Tournament system that’s active daily. In what world do you see WvW rewards being in par with Spvp or Raiding.

(edited by Kirito.8560)

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Thanks Anet. You just helped me quit WvW after completing diamond. There’s no incentives and no reasons to do it after diamond completion. Now on to some other games until reset…

-S o S-