Revive sickness, a new mechanic perhaps?

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

So after trying to defend some keeps to some zergs and killing their berserker geared people 3 or 4 times only to seem them being insta rezzed I started thinking.
Why not implement some kind of revive sickness where everytime you get rezzed, you get this debuff and cannot be rezzed for a fixed amount of minutes.
Unless you travel per waypoint to the begin area of your colour you keep this untill it wears off.
I realize that this will also hurt the defenders but I think big zerging groups can cary way more damage right nog than they should because of the insta rez train.
It can also be used for some high hitting defenders to go out, kill some quick and get back in save to see they took some down that cannot be rezzed for some time.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

… it already exist in the game. If you kill someone multiple times within a short period they instantly die (ie no downed state). Every time they die they come back with lower and lower HP.

in WvW

aspirine.6852

I’ve never noticed this, but they should not be able to do something for more than seconds. Not being able to revive them should be one way of mindless ramming and zerging. Downside is that they will create even bigger zergs but for some servers thats almost impossible

in WvW

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

I would love to see a revive sickness implied into WvW, or at least lower the amount of times you can go down.

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I made a suggestion months back that if you are revived from dead (not downed) that the Rez sickness debuff that applies after you use the revival orb in pve should be applied when in wvw.

That would slow down the advance of the zombie hordes and actually help those who are outmanned.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

… it already exist in the game. If you kill someone multiple times within a short period they instantly die (ie no downed state). Every time they die they come back with lower and lower HP.

That’s perhaps the most pathetic revive “sickness” in the world. If you down a person FOUR or FIVE times (depending on class) in one fight (which is the current threshold), that is but the most extreme situations and has happened to me, in over 1,000 hours of play, about five times (including PVE).

You clearly understood and ignored what the OP meant. Please avoid posting random and useless posts that go nowhere without addressing the essence of the topic.

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

It doesn’t matter if they die instantly when they can be revived instantly.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

It doesn’t matter if they die instantly when they can be revived instantly.

Well, seems like the issue isn’t the revive sickness, or lack of revive sickness. Seems, the problem is killing people, and killing the people raising the people. It happens to every server. Just kill all you can, and kill more.

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Why not kill the people standing there ressing someone? I mean, they can’t use any skills (other than instant cast cantrips/shouts/mantras) while reviving, and can’t heal. What’s the issue? You get to free-cast on them for 5-10 seconds. If you can’t kill someone in that long, then there’s an issue in your playing, not with the ressing mechanic.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Why not kill the people standing there ressing someone? I mean, they can’t use any skills (other than instant cast cantrips/shouts/mantras) while reviving, and can’t heal. What’s the issue? You get to free-cast on them for 5-10 seconds. If you can’t kill someone in that long, then there’s an issue in your playing, not with the ressing mechanic.

Totally agree.

in WvW

iAmTheDuke.6201

I remember awhile back they said they were removing reviving while completely downed, It seems to me they trashed that idea.
Isn’t casual enough, please e-sport

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Totally agree.

If you’re outnumbered they easily hold you off for 5-10s. What the ressing rubbish does is prevent a small coordinated force from chipping away at a larger less coordinated force.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Though not useable in WvW, a revive sickness does exist in the game. Though it’s just cripple and much lower HP.

in WvW

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

I just think reviving players from full death should be completely removed from WvW. Then death will actually be meaningful. Right now, if you die, you’ll often just be resed within 30 seconds. Makes you wonder what the point of killing people is. :/ Being able to revive players from full death often makes it impossible to win outnumbered fights.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Gumby.1708

Gumby.1708

You clearly understood and ignored what the OP meant. Please avoid posting random and useless posts that go nowhere without addressing the essence of the topic.

Well then your post is useless either. Because what he implied is that you dont need revive sickness because of the downstate mechanic. Reviving a downed person is really fast. Reviving a dead person takes much more time and requires 5 players, that cant do anything while rezzing, to be effective. If the enemy was downed too often he has to back off for a period of time otherwise he will be dead again.

It also only works if you dont pressure the enemy team …. killing 2 dudes and then retreating doesnt really work in wvw. If you see 5 people rezzing someone, they are focused on one spot and defenseless against aoe.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Because what he implied is that you dont need revive sickness because of the downstate mechanic.

No what I implied is that “revive sickness” is already in the game, ie exactly what I said.

Is it a perfect implementation? Haha, no. It has flaws. It is too fast for multiple people to res someone downed in the middle of combat and yes, I do think the health debuff should be taken up a notch in order to make a death more severe. Most notably, you shouldnt be able to res from killed state while in combat.

in WvW

aspirine.6852

Because it allows the bigger zergs to instarez everyone. As an example my server is taking on one of the largest populated servers in the bronze league. We kill them plenty but they are so many they continue to push and almost insta rez their dead. This allows them to have almost all of them in zerkier gear because death is not a problem in these zergs. And while the smaller server has to take that into account.
Rez them once is fine, but after that you cannot be rezzed for about 10 minutes or you have to travel to border waypoint or citadel waypoint to remove the sickness.
Not saying it’s perfect but there needs to be something to deal with these zergs.
Also why can you rez finished players, that also makes no sense.

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

You should simply not be able to resurrect dead players while in combat.

This is the most detrimental and broken game feature in WvW. All it does is empower the zerg to the point of invulnerability.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Totally agree.

If you’re outnumbered they easily hold you off for 5-10s. What the ressing rubbish does is prevent a small coordinated force from chipping away at a larger less coordinated force.

So, you are saying that the small force should always have the advantage over the large force?

Let’s be real here. This is a core mechanic of the game, and it doesn’t need to be removed because a few people don’t like it. Did you ever consider that those people who died would rather be raised instead of running back?

Next, people will start asking to get rid of the ‘1’ key, so there isn’t any spamming ‘1’ in the zerg anymore….

in WvW

Posted by: Jaytee.9513

Jaytee.9513

Perhaps they can build this into an OverManned debuff which prevents dead (not downed) from being rezzed. This would certainly help the outmanned servers greatly.

Basing this on totally population ratios (all 4 maps) would prevent manipulation.

in WvW

aspirine.6852

Totally agree.

So, you are saying that the small force should always have the advantage over the large force?

Let’s be real here. This is a core mechanic of the game, and it doesn’t need to be removed because a few people don’t like it. Did you ever consider that those people who died would rather be raised instead of running back?

Next, people will start asking to get rid of the ‘1’ key, so there isn’t any spamming ‘1’ in the zerg anymore….

Of course the dead people do not want to run back, that’s the whole deal isnt it? No punishment for death of all damage/zerker gear because guess what dead and 2 seconds later you are back again.
It might be a core mechanic of the game but that does not mean they can reconsider it.

Consider this scenario, Borderlands, 10 people defending a tower, 30 people attacking. Why would anyone of the people inside take a risk to kill a player when they know he is back right away. But when they are killed outside they have to waypoint. Unless they can kill them and they are slowly but surely chipping away players from the 30 zerg.
I’d like that a lot more than the downed state now.

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

Well, seems like the issue isn’t the revive sickness, or lack of revive sickness. Seems, the problem is killing people, and killing the people raising the people. It happens to every server. Just kill all you can, and kill more.

I’m baffled at how you came to that conclusion. The issue is that they can be revived indefinitely (or at all), there is no punishment for them being bad and being killed over and over.

It’s not like those people can’t stop ressing, pop buffs, heal, then resume ressing, and repeat as many times as necessary. It’s not like they can’t just stand there in a 60 man zerg on top of a dead body so you can’t even guarantee you’re hitting the 5 revivers. Have you ever played outnumbered? Everyone in the game should be familiar with this.

How does lack of ressing give the smaller force an advantage? It works both ways.

More like the smaller force actually has a chance against a larger force if they can whittle them down. Maybe the people who died should stop dying.

in WvW

iAmTheDuke.6201

I feel like this needs more views, bump pleaseeee.

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

I’m pretty sure this idea’s been floating around since the game came out. Check one of my posts from 10 months ago…

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Yeah, it’s awful. One of those things that just emphasizes you need to outnumber your opponent in this game.

On a slightly related note, I absolutely loathe the 2 – 3 second invulnerability people get when you down them. Such a waste.

in WvW

aspirine.6852

And another day of being heavily outnumbered and everyone you kill just gets rezzed in seconds.
Is this suppose to be how it’s played Anet. I am even in favor of removing downed and rezzing completly if it makes it simpler to implement. But please do something.

in WvW

Posted by: Hoof.1523

Hoof.1523

In my opinion u shouldn´t be able to res complete dead people unless ur out of fight.
If u can keep the blob in combat u have a chance to kill it without perma ressing the dead when ur ounumberd already.

in WvW

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

People reviving (downed/defeated) players should take additional damage with current traits that decrease damage while reviving be reworked to offset that damage.

in WvW

aspirine.6852

Well hi there Devon. Seems like many people have made these suggestions in the past. I know it’s not important for the high tier servers but it could save some of the lower tiered ones.

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

downed penalty already hurts quite a bit.

respawning is another matter, waypoints should be removed they hurt outmanned servers alot and also there should be little timer to respawn and you should be forced to respawn after a reasonable time if you diedie totally.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in WvW

aspirine.6852

No its not hurting any zerg, I just came from a 20 minute fight in garrison where you are outnumbered and everyone you kill is rezzed in seconds, again and again. This resurrecting is so much hurting this game mode it’s stupid no dev has ever thought well maybe it does promote zerging in zerker gear…

in WvW

Posted by: rush.1492

rush.1492

How about cant revive while being in combat. Not sure to what extent though. To just fully dead or just downed.

[ARK]Xelo Prime
Arkham – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

How about cant revive while being in combat. Not sure to what extent though. To just fully dead or just downed.

Disallowing revives from downed-state would defeat the entire mechanic.

But disallowing revives of dead players while in combat would do a lot of good for the game. Not just in WvW, think of Tequatl for example…

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

I would personally just like to see faster spiking. I can’t even count the number of times I have been killed from full health to dead just in the time it takes me to spike somebody. It takes way to long to spike somebody. On top of that every class has a silly intrupt or teleport to stop them from getting spiked so the blob can save them. I am fully up for removing every single intrupt or teleport while in downed state. If you want to throw rocks at the enemy fine but interrupting them from spiking you is lame. I would even be up for removing down state completely. If you die YOU DIE now respawn or get rezed. Downed state only promotes mindless zerging.

(edited by Chuck Zitto.2367)

in WvW

aspirine.6852

I hate to mention other games on this forum but this is what I read about Wildstar:

“2. All classes are able to revive while out of combat. We don’t currently have plans for a combat res.”

I think this would add something to wvw, instead of taking away too much. It still is not what I would do to promote less zerging but it’s something. Has Anet even ever considered something has to be done about rezzing in wvwvw?