Reward Pips

Reward Pips

in WvW

Posted by: Pillo.3490

Pillo.3490

I feel what would alleviate the PIP grind is for a Reward System, and this are some of the ideas:

1. Skirmish. Award a percentage of your pips earned during the end of a skirmish (e.g., you obtained 100 pips, and for easy math, lets say you get 10% bonus, which would get you an additional 10 pips). Again the higher your rank maybe the higher the percentage that you get, I do feel that people that put in the time in the game mode should be rewarded more, even if you have to give those eotm people some rewards.

2. Skirmish Score. Same idea as above, give extra pips for your world’s placement in a skirmish. So if your world comes 1st, you get an additional 15 pips, 10 pips for second, 5 pips for 3rd, just an example. Yes, we all know some servers are stacked, but you will still get extra pips.

3. Proof of Heroics. Remove Proofs of heroics from the skirmish chest and allow us to buy pips with the proofs of heroics.

Well this are some of the ideas which can be expanded or added on.

Reward Pips

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I know others have said this, but the real issue is the pace that we earn tickets. PIPs are just the path to those. Earning PIPs faster or trading something for them doesn’t really solve the issue with ways to earn additional tickets. Sure, if someone doesn’t play much wvw, they’ll get focused on their inability to get higher level chests, but it still means they want those for the tickets.

SBI

Reward Pips

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I’m indifferent about 1.
I agree with 2.
But I’m totally against 3. Being able to buy pips is against the whole point of them (a steady reward over time played in wvw rather than an instant bought reward).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Reward Pips

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

I’d rather get rewarded based on the amount of work done, not just a passive PiP.

Leave passives as they are, add a small amount of bonus pips to things like capping a camp, tower, sentry etc (basically anything that already rewards WXP). Atleast give some extra rewards to actively roaming around doing things as opposed to semi afk:ing.

And please increase rewards for higher tier objectives.. Why does a paper tower give the exact same reward as a Tier 3? BS imo.

Reward Pips

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

How about they just remove pips from the screen, so when you do get one its a delightful surprise!

Maybe then folks will focus on the game itself.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Reward Pips

in WvW

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

1. Sounds like it should just be baked in. Just award 10% more pips. Or restructure the bonus pips for WvW rank to add more grades there. I’d rather they didn’t expect you to be on at the end of a skirmish to get the bonus pips.

2. This sounds like it’ll just compound the issue where players on third place servers get bugger all and encourage further stacking on winning servers.

3. I don’t like. Buying tickets for Proofs of Heroics directly might be a better idea, but even then it’d have to have a weekly cap.