Reward Tracks in WvW?

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

I know its been suggested a billion times but hey here is one more. The addition of reward tracks from spvp added to wvw would revive wvw for me. That is all I got lol

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I know its been suggested a billion times but hey here is one more. The addition of reward tracks from spvp added to wvw would revive wvw for me. That is all I got lol

Would defiantly be a deciding factor for my return too. I do want to see what the mysterious overhaul is first, but reward tracks would be kitten nice to see added.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

It would be pretty sweet but loot bags might get nerfed as a result. Cant have all these monies running rampant into players pockets, now.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

They either need to add reward tracks, or add jungle mats to Heavy bags, and dust, sparks, and oil to champ bags.

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

It would be pretty sweet but loot bags might get nerfed as a result. Cant have all these monies running rampant into players pockets, now.

I don’t think I would mind that – I mean, I have enough blues and greens to salvage already, so they could actually remove the loot bags completely and I don’t think I would notice.

The rewards as they stand are just that bad. Meanwhile, I can do a fractal in ten minutes and come out with at least a gold in rewards and often more.

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

For the millionth time, yes please!!!!!

I got all the glass mugs for my guild hall done by playing in PvP Leagues. I get to kill players instead of dust-mites to get the sand. Anet gets players playing their PvP game mode. It’s a win-win situation.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

This would be fabulous and might help revive WvW some.

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

If your playing WvW for shiny loot and to “Make it rich” your playing the wrong game mode. Players purely motivated by loot and being “Rewarded” is only going to attract people out for that and only that, not team players, not people wanting to work hard to come in first each week, but people only there to fill their wallet…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

If the loot drops only through actively attacking and defending, then those players will either contribute or leave. It could be set up like HoT meta event rewards. The chest drops only if you contribute, and the reward scales with the level of contribution. We need better rewards.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

PvE can, why not WvW?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

If your playing WvW for shiny loot and to “Make it rich” your playing the wrong game mode. Players purely motivated by loot and being “Rewarded” is only going to attract people out for that and only that, not team players, not people wanting to work hard to come in first each week, but people only there to fill their wallet…

As opposed to having no one play at all?

Step outside the t1 bubble for a minute or two and you’ll realise most other tiers are dead – they all switched to the top three servers (like yours), or quit the game mode.

Anything that brings back greater numbers to wvw would be nice at this stage- as outside of prime time on EU it’s a ghost town.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

As opposed to having no one play at all?

Step outside the t1 bubble for a minute or two and you’ll realise most other tiers are dead – they all switched to the top three servers (like yours), or quit the game mode.

Anything that brings back greater numbers to wvw would be nice at this stage- as outside of prime time on EU it’s a ghost town.

I understand that other Tiers aren’t as populated as Tier 1, trust me I do.

But what will happen with this idea is, what happens in PvE, you have LOADS of people on the map, who just tag an event, ect. just enough to get “Credit” and then AFK till the event is over, so with WvW, you’ll have people coming in to get these new “Rewards” tagging the event or whatever is going on just enough so they get credit for being there, and then going AFK at spawn, causing psuedo-WvW population, not to mention queueing up every map into a queue-lockdown, ect.

If reward tracks are added to WvW, what happens to sPvP? One of the big reasons people do sPvP is for the reward tracks, and getting tomes of knowledge to powerlevel alts, ect. Give reward tracks to WvW, and you’ve reduced sPvP down to a small-scale, faster passed WvW, where the only big differences are that your can’t wear gear, and some runes/sigils/skills can’t be used…

Again introducing this into WvW will only attract people after those, “Rewards” and thats it… They won’t be there to help the commanders, they won’t be there to help defend/attack, ect. They will get credit, and leave.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Make WvW rewards scale with %contribution, as they do on HoT map meta events. Then the players who are ‘just after the loot’ will have to earn it.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

this please, and then introduce wvw backpiece

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I posted this in another similar topic thread, but Ill post this here as well if you dont mind

WvW rewards has always been a tricky thing to sort out. Many are afraid to have it improved to much for fear of people focusing on farming and taking up spots on the map. At the same time wvw has been a giant gold sink if you want to stay competitive, gear tiers matter unlike pvp, food/utilities some of which can be very expensive especially since its constantly used, siege consumption etc etc.
I have been a supporter of wvw reward tracks but it should only have rewards that are specifically usable for wvw, like siege, commonly used food, ascended mats/craft mats commonly used, etc. And it should only be progressed when earning wxp and only in wvw, not eotm. This would help make wvw more rewarding for players and help reduce gold costs while also making it less common to have to farm pve maps, because not everyone is into that. While also deterring farming.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I posted this in another similar topic thread, but Ill post this here as well if you dont mind

WvW rewards has always been a tricky thing to sort out. Many are afraid to have it improved to much for fear of people focusing on farming and taking up spots on the map. At the same time wvw has been a giant gold sink if you want to stay competitive, gear tiers matter unlike pvp, food/utilities some of which can be very expensive especially since its constantly used, siege consumption etc etc.
I have been a supporter of wvw reward tracks but it should only have rewards that are specifically usable for wvw, like siege, commonly used food, ascended mats/craft mats commonly used, etc. And it should only be progressed when earning wxp and only in wvw, not eotm. This would help make wvw more rewarding for players and help reduce gold costs while also making it less common to have to farm pve maps, because not everyone is into that. While also deterring farming.

I disagree. Reward tracks should be tied to game mode contribution beyond just killing other players, like what is done in sPvP. Additionally rewards should not be reduced to stuff specifically usable for WvW. That is completely contrary to what was done with sPvP rewards because players who spent the majority of their time doing sPvP were punished in the way of having no level 80 characters, having no dungeon tokens, having no path to craft ascended or legendaries. Stop punishing WvW players for playing WvW.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Yes plz. I hate PvEing for my WvW gear.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

As someone who plays WvW almost exclusively, I thought dragonite was a rare commodity. A 3 hour guild raid would get me maybe 75 dragonite on an average day. Then one day, after discovering the wonders of the SilverWaste chest train, I got 1500 dragonite in a couple hours. So I went there a lot, knowing that anything this good would be nerfed sooner or later.

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I disagree. Reward tracks should be tied to game mode contribution beyond just killing other players, like what is done in sPvP. Additionally rewards should not be reduced to stuff specifically usable for WvW. That is completely contrary to what was done with sPvP rewards because players who spent the majority of their time doing sPvP were punished in the way of having no level 80 characters, having no dungeon tokens, having no path to craft ascended or legendaries. Stop punishing WvW players for playing WvW.

One of the main reasons I believe WvW rewards tracks should be tied specifically to wvw is because like I stated many people worry about having players coming to wvw simply to farm rewards, by making it tied specifically to help wvw players with mode specific rewards it would benefit the wvw playerbase and limit excess farming. PvP is different because its not dependant on gear tiers, food, or levels, therefore those rewards are rightfully varied. Badges of honor can already be used to get exotics, and I said that ascended mats should be tied to wvw reward tracks, tomes can be added as well. I only offered examples.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Something to spend my worthless 10k badges of honour on would be nice. Oh and now i have another useless currency from WvW in the form of heroics that i can no longer trade to toons that may need them.

It’s like anet just extends it’s middle finger to anyone that wants to WvW as the only aspect of the game they are interested in.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

A decent set of reward tracks would be good. How about ascended armour with WvW specific infusion slots? More varied WvW infusions. WvW specific skins. Just take the PvP reward tracks and fractal rewards and tweak those to have WvW based content.

I understand that WvW reward tracks might draw some people out of sPvP – hopefully those players who have just left WvW because they aren’t getting enough loot and don’t like the neglect here. If it brings in new players to farm all the better. Err, I mean new players farming rather than we farm the new players… mwahahaha

Seriously though we need something to make WvW seem more rewarding and more fun so we can increase the player base. Helping new players find their way around is the start to inviting them to join our WvW guilds and having more people on more often.

If reward tracks can start this then I think they’re a good idea.

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Bump and +1 … definitively would help

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I’m all in favour of this – so long as it only progresses for player kills.

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I’ll +1 this as well. Also add a reward track for legendaries.

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I’m all in favour of this – so long as it only progresses for player kills.

So anything that has AoE skills gets where they’re going faster than the other players that might be playing their kitten off?

Contribution yes; purely based on kills? not so much.

Reward Tracks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I don’t know if it’s possible to scale based on how much damage a player did. Plus other players don’t tend to stand in AoE if they can help it.

What I don’t want to see is people being rewarded more for karma training than fighting actual players. It doesn’t make sense to reward them for PvP when they’re actually playing PvE.

Credit towards a PvP track for any player that would normally drop a loot bag is certainly going to reward zerglings more than anything else, so perhaps scaling based on the number of nearby allies and enemies is something to look at.

(edited by Ben K.6238)