Reward for WvW winners

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: Goonerforlife.9254

Goonerforlife.9254

Just thinking about it but shouldn’t there be another prize to winning WvW besides the % boosts and the ego? At least also for the winners of T1 WvW there should be something.. It’s always nice to have a reward that’ll have players motivated and determined to keep at it and give their best to win.. Just an opinion..

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: Jacbo.7598

Jacbo.7598

Personally, I think they need to expand on the World Bonuses everyone receives through point accumulation. This is in effect a bonus to winners, since the more points you accumulate, the more bonuses you accumulate.

They should also make it blatantly obvious to everyone on a server what the buffs they’re getting are, and how they’re getting them. I’m talking a shiny buff on your buff bar which basically says “WvW Realm Bonuses”, lists all of them, and explains how you can help earn them.

If you do that, not only do you provide better server rewards, you increase awareness of WvW as a source of them. Then if, for example, you could work up a +20% Karma buff or whatever throughout the week, you’d have people wondering how they can help increase points through WvW, rather than how to farm Karma in it, since the % buff gain from effective point acquisition will outweigh event farming that doesn’t also increase points. This will make the hardcore WvW group happy, since they’ll have casuals out there who want to help do the sensible objectives.

As for the winning server in a matchup, maybe give them a multiplier to the bonuses they receive the following week, and provide everyone who participated in enough events to result in a certain amount of point accumulation with a small amount of a new currency at the end of the week, which can be used to buy Account Bound items.

Leader of Valor [RUN]
Kaineng
Apply Now: http://www.valorguild.org

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Well first off, I believe the three biggest things people want is better loot(duh), to feel like they win, and some other reward/bonus.

1&3. For winning, how about the next week awards you +25% influence and +50% BoH drop rate. Also I like Jacbo’s idea of that the more you play each week, you get an amount of a new (or BoH bonus) currency to trade in accountbound items.

2. The winning world needs to have its BL garrison and EB way more flashy the next week. Just owning (or capturing) something pretty gives a much better sense of winning than nothing besides fighting a more difficult enemy the next week.

Just my ideas on reward improvements, feel free to refer to themin future post if you like them and do comment on how you feel and think it could be improved.

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: shunobee.6907

shunobee.6907

Wooo! More reasons to server transfer!

[mend] – Eredon Terrace

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

wvw winner reward=more bandwagoner

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Also bigger reason to charge or lock server changes. And if more bandwagons happen, then your server will potentially fail more with less experienced players, deal with even more queing, which is a huge pain ,lessens fun and means these exp players that were winning aren’t going to get in, which means they will want to transfer or not play.

In other words. More server transfer for WvW rewards = fail on transferee part and destabalising the game for stupid reasons.

(edited by Lord Aargadon.4135)

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

When winning is not really just about whoever has the best 24/7 population coverage then I am all for more rewards.

~ AoN ~

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

probably yes, to the people who do wvwvw, like if you killed 2000 invaders in the week, you could get 5 silver (random action with random reward used as example) which wont have anything to do with the people who just transfer for the bonus and/or complete their map exploration

I took an arrow to the knee

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

not a reward for WvW winner but rather server achievement…

as it is now we are currently enjoying the realm bonus of what we achieve this week. i really like it to be what we achieve this week is enjoyed in the next week, and what we achieve next week is enjoyed the week after….. that way, more reason to fight in WvW…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

I think if there is such a thing, a boost/buff to rewards for WvW participation in the subsequent week is the best way to go. Something akin to the outmanned buff (extra karma, XP, MF) but smaller is what I have in mind. This means that the reward scales with how much you play WvW, and it means you’re motivated to play even if your server is no longer in a winning matchup. Obviously it wouldn’t be available to recent transfers, I think that’s the standard for all WvW bonuses.

Granted, there will be servers that lose week after week, but as long as this isn’t a giant buff it shouldn’t affect their motivation too much (if they keep playing despite constant losses). It’d be a good way to keep servers that have had a recent win, but find themselves in a higher and more challenging tier, in the game.

Another possibility is to make it based off of the highest point gain in the ranking system rather than wins. This would be much better for servers that are stuck in the same matchup every week. Of course, it’d be more difficult to explain to newcomers.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Instead of karma reward , give badge reward. Because Badge are use to buy Exotic WvW gear while karma just buy Rare WvW gear.

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Server bonuses should only be available for those who satisfy a daily, weekly, and/or monthly WvW achievements (scaled to participation). Publish the potential rewards for everyone to see, make them REAL and tasty (aka material) incentives, but only award the incentives to those that put in the effort to earn it.

Hard core WvW players don’t get awards from the benefits of PvE or sPvP efforts, why are WvW rewards granted to everyone regardless of participate in the earning of those rewards? It is freeloading and leeching. Granted, it is not the fault of server parasites, it is faulty incentives and game design. Mature and responsible game design should never include freebies or unearned rewards.

Reward for WvW winners

in WvW

Posted by: Citrus Finale.8621

Citrus Finale.8621

Giving bonus to server that win = no
Give bonus to players that take over a garrison/keep = yes

Players will be joining the winning servers if the bonus is big enough. We allready seen it @ FS server.