Reward server loyalty?

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

I’m sure this topic has been made, however I did type the title into the search bar and came up with no results. Thus, I will pose a simple suggestion. Why not reward the players that spend extended periods of time in WvWvW on one team without transferring? I’m not saying get rid of transfers(some people have legitimate reasons for transferring). I’m just saying why not reward players who’ve logged multiple tournaments on ONE team? Or even the people who have been with their server since launch? I know it won’t stop servers from losing population, especially to higher tier servers, but atleast it will somewhat encourage players to pick a team and support it. Thoughts? “Flame suit engage”.

[varX] Limitless Potential

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

After every season, in the mail “You have stayed to fight another season on X server. Your loyalty has earned you a reward from the mists.”
100 tickets.

I could dig it. Not a huge reward over those who didn’t transfer, and not a terrible reward for staying imo.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

it would be great

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Uh rewarding people for not transferring is basically rewarding people for not buying gems.

I’ll give you some time to figure out why anet doesn’t like that to happen

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Uh rewarding people for not transferring is basically rewarding people for not buying gems.

lol +1

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

Good idea but gems sales are more important ;D

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Good idea but gems sales are more important ;D

Sales are important yet:
-Siege skins on TP
-Zealot defenders Skin\models on TP for guilds.
-Tower Guild castle skins models if this thing were a litle bit sandbox.
10000 ideas that could be deployed to earn $$$ €€€ just arround WvW.
Players get happy!
Company gets happy!

Sandbox + showoff + TP = Money!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

You honestly think giving a small reward to players picking and staying on one server will impact anet’s gem sales, let alone single-handedly stop people from transferring? You’re the one that needs time to think lol

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

It would make sense to me because one way to make players happy is to not make them mad/sad like a guild recruiting your server’s best players and then leaving.

I think it would be interesting as well to give the option of dedicating your guild to being a mercenary guild that can bounce to different servers weekly for the sake of more interesting match ups. that way u can try to make the people happy who see wvw as a community/team as well as those who want to just fight people. I think it would be kinda funny like per one week you get an awesome guild and the next week you are like ugh our mercs this week are weak! Variety right?

As for rewards I don’t care at all. Lol I just like my team and would like to see more team friendly people in the game which is unlikely for a video game. Something about mmo’s, people just aren’t interested in being challenged or enjoy this thing called parity. Instead the vast majority gang up and join servers that hurt the game as a whole. Gw2 WvW is totally fine. It’s the people who play it that slowly wreck it.

Ev
[SQD]

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

I am loyal only to my happiness. Why stay on a server if it is not fun? This is just a game after all.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Although I understand the desire to reward loyalty, this needs to be said:

Playing with my community, win or lose, is reward enough. The only reason I am still in WvW is the other folks on my server who, for the most part, have created a welcoming, respectful environment that promotes teamwork and fun.

I’m sure other players on other servers feel the same way.

Players make or break WvW. In both directions (positive/negative).

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

This should have been in the game since day 1. Now it’s far too late. Faithful players are the most important asset of any RvR realm, those who never leave, no matter what. They give a meaning to the game, that nothing else can give. We still have those, who live this way, even unrewarded and forgotten, and it’s the greatest honor and privilege, to log into a game playing alongside such people, or meet them in battle. Ganking those red named “elite” “skilled enemies” for good loot and fun… pales, behind being in one team with those people, who give a meaning to the word “team” – no matter what the game mode tryes to do (attack castles, hold points, win fights, gather resources, anything). Would have been a fundamental game design decision, but this is not such a game, was not, and it’s too late now.

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

You honestly think giving a small reward to players picking and staying on one server will impact anet’s gem sales, let alone single-handedly stop people from transferring? You’re the one that needs time to think lol

You fail to understand that server transfers are basically 100% WvW-based with the introduction of megaservers. 2 years of apathy and 2 awful seasons wasn’t enough to convince you that every big WvW move by anet is done to encourage transfers? Any motion to even suggest a reward to server loyalty is enough to discourage transfers based on the grounds that further rewards may be forthcoming.

Anet doesn’t want server loyalty, they want people to move as much as possible. While they are indeed awful at managing incentives, they at least know to not encourage what they do not want. For what it matters I’ve been on the same server since release so I’ll be glad to be proven wrong.

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

/signed

I’ve been on Aurora Glade since headstart and will be AG for life! reward me!

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Excellent idea.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

server-bound WXP

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

This would only encourage stagnation. Same fights week after week after week after week after… No thank you.

BG

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

This would only encourage stagnation. Same fights week after week after week after week after… No thank you.

Right, because now it’s totally fresh and engaging each week.

Oh, it’s Elona Reach this week. Here comes the 50-man blob.

Oh, this week it’s Riverside. Lo, behold, the 50-man blob.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

It would make sense to me because one way to make players happy is to not make them mad/sad like a guild recruiting your server’s best players and then leaving.

I have no idea who you’re talking about *cough*Svrn*cough*

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

It would be worse if anet did things to entice players/guilds not to move around.

BG

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I like it.

I’d like it even better if they changed WvW to faction vs faction, then institute a system that gave achievements and loyalty points/xp.

Achievements – Basically as it sounds, specific to the faction

Loyalty Points/XP – Functions the same was as WxP except now you spend these points on faction ranks that give additional bonuses whenever you fight for that faction

Ideally, players would have high ranks in all 3 factions, as well as, achievement completion so gem sales are still encouraged. They just wouldn’t be encouraged before seasonal competitions. In the end though, players whom stuck with their “server” since day 1 and never transferred now have more reason to transfer once their completed their faction ranks. Anet, may end up making more money in the end off gem sales.

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

You fail to understand that server transfers are basically 100% WvW-based with the introduction of megaservers. 2 years of apathy and 2 awful seasons wasn’t enough to convince you that every big WvW move by anet is done to encourage transfers? Any motion to even suggest a reward to server loyalty is enough to discourage transfers based on the grounds that further rewards may be forthcoming.

Anet doesn’t want server loyalty, they want people to move as much as possible. While they are indeed awful at managing incentives, they at least know to not encourage what they do not want. For what it matters I’ve been on the same server since release so I’ll be glad to be proven wrong.

you continue to ignore the point. A small reward for players sticking with their server WILL NOT change this. I didn’t say that 100% of transfers aren’t WvW related, I said that a small reward will in no way impede this. If the winning servers are going to get rewards for “winning” because of massive transfers, then the people who put up with the population loss and continue to fight them regardless of the odds should get SOMETHING. I’m aware that Anet has a lot of money to be made with transfers, but the point is that rewarding these players will not stop them from making money. You’re making the scenario much more negative than it actually is. Players are ALWAYS going to transfer, these rewards can’t stop that.

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I have no idea who you’re talking about *cough*Svrn*cough*

It’s not like people are forced to leave with the guild when they transfered. If these players enjoyed more the server community over their guild mates they sure would have stayed.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Everyone enjoys the game differently. Get over it.

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Everyone enjoys the game differently. Get over it.

…wat

This is like telling a kitten victim to get over it because there are deviants who fantasize about it.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Reward server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

If not rewards for sticking on a server how about titles you get. It would be really great if they could relate to the server itself. On Crystal Desert for instance the title for most loyalty points could be “Knows the Definition of For Life”.